Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

The Best TV Series Right Now.... - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Best TV Series Right Now.... (64680 Views)

Best TV Series I've Ever Watched / Tv Show: Top Tv Series - Best Tv Shows Of 2018 Hd, Mp4 And 3gp Free Download / Top Most Watched TV Series From O2tvseries.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:40am On Jun 09, 2020
tonididdy:

hmmm let me start tonight then.
btw is it heist or prison series?

Prison
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 12:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
you too much jare lolz.. Anyone I mention you've "watch it" grin abeg go watch "tales from the loop" I bet you've not yet seen it. It's also Amazon original

cheesy grin grin

I haven't seen this one, will check it out thanks
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2020
jikins:

Lol your right Fargo is right up there. I mean the casting has been top notch from day 1. Given the fact that they do change almost the entire cast every season and yet the series still manages to be this iconic. I have never seen a series take this long before a new season comes out. I mean the last season was back in 2017. This is 2020. Still we are still hype for a new one. I mean the acting is phenomenal but I feel the writers room is were all the real MVP for the series are found.

Am a bit taken aback to see Chris Rock playing a main role, but given the history of Fargo am sure he and all the other casts will deliver.

Chris Rock will do the show Justice
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Money heist ain't trash,though they should have ended it in season 3 or 4.GOT is very good,i think prison break and 24 are the only series i can rate above it.The gangs of London ehn i dont understand the hype,so overrated,average at best.Breaking bad too the pace is just too slow,i was planning on watching peaky blinders but with your comment,i might drop it

I think you might have misunderstood my last statement. I said those shows were above average. So that's a definite recommendation. I don't know why you don't like Gangs Of London. I think its a solid series. Breaking Bad might look slow but the pace is just perfect for you to see the evolution of one Walter White. How he turned from a chemistry teacher to a drug lord. Any thing faster and it might lose its magic.

But everyone has a right to how they see things, so its ok if that's how you see it. I mentioned several series in the post you quoted that are really good check them out.

Personally and this is my opinion, prison break isn't all that great. I don't feel it should be up there with GOT, 24 well it was one of the best series of its time. And it depends on what you like, but for me it isn't at the level of GOT. But it is much closer to GOT than Prison Break. I would recommend Fargo. But it can be slow at times but when the action comes, it will blow you away.
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 12:36am On Jun 10, 2020
obentenyson:
true blood is far better than vampire diaries... it's depicts what a vampire really is. vampire diaries na just for teenagers.... VD was interesting though...... but I didn't finish it.. I got fed up at season six.. they were just going merry-go-round like they don't know how to end the story.. I will choose Originals over VD anytime any day. the storyline was very much mature than VD... legacy na for kids or teenagers.. it's like the vampire diaries of this generation so I don't expect young adults to find it interesting as it's predecessor Originals.. I myself don't find it that amusing.. I just watch many of this series to pass time including the uninteresting ones... there was a time that I was fed up with all this new series that I had to go back to watching Smallville all over again... even this present day DC series no sweet reach Smallville... na Supergirl I hate pass.. that series na one Feministic series....

So much truth in this post. True Blood was really good. It reminds me of the old argument of which series accurately described a vampire. But you have to consider what CW is. Its a network for teens, so all their series are tailored for teenagers. If you want more gritty and serious shows, don't expect to get it on CW.

Supergirl is really bad. I don't know how or why the series is still on. I think the new Stargirl is the best DC show on CW now. Have you seen HBO's the watchmen. Was really good but the ending could have been much better. HBO are currently working on a new green lantern series. DC hardly put too much money into their CW shows. But their HBO shows are where they spend the buck.

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Topmaike007(m): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Rita5:

cheesy grin grin

I haven't seen this one, will check it out thanks
lolz see it fast there is enough titles awaiting you
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DSHADOWWALKER: 5:34am On Jun 11, 2020
Rita5:

I think you might have misunderstood my last statement. I said those shows were above average. So that's a definite recommendation. I don't know why you don't like Gangs Of London. I think its a solid series. Breaking Bad might look slow but the pace is just perfect for you to see the evolution of one Walter White. How he turned from a chemistry teacher to a drug lord. Any thing faster and it might lose its magic.

But everyone has a right to how they see things, so its ok if that's how you see it. I mentioned several series in the post you quoted that are really good check them out.

Personally and this is my opinion, prison break isn't all that great. I don't feel it should be up there with GOT, 24 well it was one of the best series of its time. And it depends on what you like, but for me it isn't at the level of GOT. But it is much closer to GOT than Prison Break. I would recommend Fargo. But it can be slow at times but when the action comes, it will blow you away.

Oh....my bad.I am surprised you don't rate prison break that much,cause many almost all the people who i know have watched it testify it is dia best or one of their top3.I will give the Fargo a try

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 7:16am On Jun 11, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Oh....my bad.I am surprised you don't rate prison break that much,cause many almost all the people who i know have watched it testify it is dia best or one of their top3.I will give the Fargo a try

Prison Break S1 and S2 were great but from S3 onwards it started losing its magic and ended up disappointing me really. Its probably the same story for Heroes. S1 and 2 were great, but the rest were just bad.

My problem with prison break is lack of consistency. The writers seem to lose their magic when there was no longer a prison to break out of. I think they knew, that's why they sent Michael to yet another prison. But it just didn't have the magic that they intended.

24 on the other hand was a consistent beast! Every season from 1 to 8 was a hit. It was truly a phenomenal piece of television. Hands down one of the best series of its time. If you are into raw action and intense stakes, you would probably feel it is the best series ever made. Thats a show that didn't lose its magic. Well it did lose it though, when they tried reviving it with a new lead actor.

I get its easy to get sucked up in the nostalgia feeling when remembering old series you once watched. Its easier to hype a old series than it is to hype a current one because of this feeling. But prison break wasn't all that great. If they had stopped it at s2 or s3 it could be in the running for best series but even then, I doubt it would have a solid ground to stand on in the presence of GOT. And this latest revival season just cemented how far they have gone from the magic of s1 and 2
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DSHADOWWALKER: 7:33am On Jun 11, 2020
Rita5:

Prison Break S1 and S2 were great but from S3 onwards it started losing its magic and ended up disappointing me really. Its probably the same story for Heroes. S1 and 2 were great, but the rest were just bad.

My problem with prison break is lack of consistency. The writers seem to lose their magic when there was no longer a prison to break out of. I think they knew, that's why they sent Michael to yet another prison. But it just didn't have the magic that they intended.

24 on the other hand was a consistent beast! Every season from 1 to 8 was a hit. It was truly a phenomenal piece of television. Hands down one of the best series of its time. If you are into raw action and intense stakes, you would probably feel it is the best series ever made. Thats a show that didn't lose its magic. Well it did lose it though, when they tried reviving it with a new lead actor.

I get its easy to get sucked up in the nostalgia feeling when remembering old series you once watched. Its easier to hype a old series than it is to hype a current one because of this feeling. But prison break wasn't all that great. If they had stopped it at s2 or s3 it could be in the running for best series but even then, I doubt it would have a solid ground to stand on in the presence of GOT. And this latest revival season just cemented how far they have gone from the magic of s1 and 2

Well...you have a point...season 3 wasn't that bad too thought it wasn't as good as 1 and 2...the four was in no way related to the main storyline and the 2017 own was way out of it and yeah 24 was very very good.
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Syphax(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2020
beejay501:
Right now I'm watching Breaking Bad
Waiting for Vikings like crazy
After watching breaking bad, watch better call saul. Better call saul is the Pre sequel

2 Likes

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Ifeanyie12(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
i'm looking for where to download 'the book of negroes'..... help pls
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Jasonteague(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Supergirl
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Liposure: 8:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Rita5:

So much truth in this post. True Blood was really good. It reminds me of the old argument of which series accurately described a vampire. But you have to consider what CW is. Its a network for teens, so all their series are tailored for teenagers. If you want more gritty and serious shows, don't expect to get it on CW.

Supergirl is really bad. I don't know how or why the series is still on. I think the new Stargirl is the best DC show on CW now. Have you seen HBO's the watchmen. Was really good but the ending could have been much better. HBO are currently working on a new green lantern series. DC hardly put too much money into their CW shows. But their HBO shows are where they spend the buck.

honestly speaking, you are the first person i know who thinks highly of stargirl
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2020
Liposure:
honestly speaking, you are the first person i know who thinks highly of stargirl

Well I understand the prejudice about DC CW series. Not surprised Stargirl is suffering from it. But in my opinion its really good. Its much improved from the status quo. The fight scenes are way better. I was impressed watching the fight scene in the latest episode ep 6. Its a refreshing change. But its still a series about teenagers, so if you are looking for more matured type series, you might not like it. Other than that it's really good.

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DonroxyII: 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
bestboss8:

Really? Are people really excited about the prospect of a series with Tariq as lead? I personally feel that boy is the most useless son ever.
If I have his type,I would exchange him for a bag of onions or tomatoes at mile 12 market.
Tariq was just his father and Mother ... Ghost and Tasha ....
Dude, If you are a Ghost and your wife is Tasha .. Fvck it, Your first son is gonna be Tariq grin

Ghost is to blame for Tariq's life ... He mismanaged the boy but thank God he controlled him back through the WILL .... But Tariq is never coming back especially when Ghost stopped Tommy for blasting his head off ...

I can't wait for the spin off .... Will Tariq survive after school ? Will he overcome killing his dad ...

The blame is on Ghost !

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Brukx(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
So there's a thread like this
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by emperorshaokahn(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
the walking dead(my all time favourite) taboo. how to get away with murder. prodigal son,etc.
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by kingjoe(m): 4:02am On Jul 12, 2020
unimagin:
I'm a novice to films, presently I hv a lot of time for myself. Movie freaks pls recommend good captivating season films for me. I like films where security is trying to clamp down on terrorists, drug lords, crime, heavy shooting (eg 24 hours Jack Bauer)
have you watched "tyrant" then also extraction".after watching these two let me know.to know your rating before recommending more
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Darlinx02: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2020
Dagger79:

Respect to Meredith Grey
hi
Cc: Dagger79
I saw ur post in the investment section regarding how to invest ur money. I couldn't comment as my acct is under temporary ban in dat section. Dm me zero8zero5four9seven5three4one
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by white3663: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vikings
Warrior, I repeat warrior
Catherine the great
Queen of the south
Never have i
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DEmejioba1: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pls which site can i download tv series?
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DEmejioba1: 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Any good ones without Sex nor Violence?
Is ther anyone with sex before?
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by SamPeters: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2021
I really like the series Paper House, definitely worth a look
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by DaveDave001: 5:41am On Jul 10, 2021
Need a dope series suggestion,Below are some of the series i’ve watched...Would give you an idea of the type of series i fucc with.

One tree hill
Prison break
Spartacus
Merlin
Legend of the seeker
Gossip girl
Rome
Borgias
Davinci’s Demons
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Vikings
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Gifted
Stranger things
Ozark
How to get away with murder
Peaky blinders
God friended me
Dynasty(shit)
Riverdale(shit)
The 100(shit)
Snowfall
Queen of the South
The Chi
Power
Elite
Money heist
Strike Back
The Last Ship
Billions

And some others......

So hit me with what you got

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2021
Rita5:

Lol your making feel like, I don't have a life outside movies lol. Because I have also watched the expanse grin grin
is the expanse really good..what will u rate it 1-5
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Rita5(f): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
is the expanse really good..what will u rate it 1-5

Expanse is pretty good IMO. I'll rate it 4/5. But fair warning I have a bias towards space exploration movies and series.

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2021
unimagin:
I'm a novice to films, presently I hv a lot of time for myself. Movie freaks pls recommend good captivating season films for me. I like films where security is trying to clamp down on terrorists, drug lords, crime, heavy shooting (eg 24 hours Jack Bauer)

Strike back

Season 2 and 3 where just epic

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 18, 2021
Sci fic
Action
College

GOT
Outpost
Witcher
Cursed
Warrior
The 100
Peaky blinders
Pennyworth (fave)
Motherland fort Salem( good)
Strike back
24( got bored did not finish it)
All American
All rise( great law series)
Bull
Bounty hunters
Legacies
God father of harlem (great series with history)
Equaliser
Bridgeton
I may destroy you
Behind her smile
Loki(new)
Underground railroad (about slavery)
Manifest
American gods(got bored in season 2)

Watch many others I can't remember at the time and some that did not impress me at all

1 Like

Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by maxiwise: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2022
My favourite Nigerian/American series movie is Bob Hearts Abishola
Very interesting and funny.check it out
https://7r6.com/LS96
Re: The Best TV Series Right Now.... by Shhhh01(f): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
I found out the hard way. They all died. Bjorn and even my Ivan. cry
beejay501:

Lol Bjorn is dead babe, if they can take off A whole Ragnar Lothbrok,, why not Bjorn

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Simply Tacha Is A Contestant On BBNaija 2019 / BBNaija: Tega Finally Meet Her Husband, Shares Kisses And Hugs (Video) / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.