Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria (1324 Views)

Pastor Spotted Praying For A Yahooboy (video) / Herbalist Storms Yahooboy's Home To Demand Her Share Of His "Collection" (Vid) / Florida Man Reportedly Purchased A Brand New Porsche With A Fake Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ugolinze123(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
I am very pissed and angry right now as I write this piece about what happened to my brother last week friday in Canada.

According to him, he had placed an ad on a popular website about a room he had for rent in his apartment which someone had signified an interest in the said room on the website and they started to chat on email on how to make payment, now this guy said he was in the US but a permanent residence in Canada and he will be back the the next week but he wanted him to keep the room for him so his gonna have to send him a check that his brother who is in Canada will have to help him transport his properties down to my brothers apartment.

So he sent the check and my brother confirmed it because he was able to pay it into his bank and he could see the money already but the bank can only allow a withdrawal of 50% of the amount pending when the check is fully processed which takes up to 5working days.

After his own supposedly confirmation because he was ignorant of the 5working days thing from the bank and because he was able to pay it in his bank account he believed it was real, so this fraudster then asked him for a favour to help him transfer a particular sum from the money to his supposedly brother who is to help him transport his supposed luggages and also remove his own charges and the money for rent which he did. He sent 1500CAD

The next morning he e-mailed my brother again asking for another help that his brother who was transporting the said luggage had an accident on there way with pictures of prove that he had exhausted cash with him and he was going to send him another check but this time he should take 200CAD out of the total amount for the kind gesture and help him send whatever balance the bank are willing to let go to his brother for their medical bills and keep all the balance for him. na so my brother send another money. 2500CAD.

Mind you all this transfer was done via email according to him, don't really know how that works in Canada though but he sent a total of 4000CAD to a Nigerian Yahoo boy. angry

On the third day of all these, he got a negative from his bank according to him a debit of 4000CAD and he filed a complain and was told those checks were fake.
He emailed this guy and this guy dey tell am say another person go pay am, him don collect him own share that he should work harder and with time he will get over it..that his even lucky he got a sorry from him after all.

So he was advice by the bank to file a complain at the police which he has done and also asked to swear an oat that his not a part of it, that if after investigation and his found Innocent he will be paid back the said amount as a scammed victim but it's a 50/50 thing.
So I want to ask our gurus in the house. How can one trace an IP or handle this kind of thing because we are very kin in finding this guy at all cost and make him a scape goat.

Now I understand what it means to be in the shoes of these white folks being robbed everyday off there hard earned funds by Nigerians who call themselves Yahoo, how can you sleep well robbing someone off there suffering for years and you think it can be well with you. It can never be, nemesis will surely catch up with you someday even if not in your generation you will surely pay for it, this is really bad and should never be condoned. I know how this my brother works his ass up everyday and the funny part is that his a student.

Am writing this so others can be very careful when dealing with people with checks and any other means of payment abroad.
Fraud is murder it kills the victim fast let's stop condoning it.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Odingo1: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
ugolinze123:
I am very pissed and angry right now as I write this piece about what happened to my brother last week friday in Canada.

According to him, he had placed an ad on a popular website about a room he had for rent in his apartment which someone had signified an interest in the said room on the website and they started to chat on email on how to make payment, now this guy said he was in the US but a permanent residence in Canada and he will be back the the next week but he wanted him to keep the room for him so his gonna have to send him a check that his brother who is in Canada will have to help him transport his properties down to my brothers apartment.

So he sent the check and my brother confirmed it because he was able to pay it into his bank and he could see the money already but the bank can only allow a withdrawal of 50% of the amount pending when the check is fully processed which takes up to 5working days.

After his own supposedly confirmation because he was ignorant of the 5working days thing from the bank and because he was able to pay it in his bank account he believed it was real, so this fraudster then asked him for a favour to help him transfer a particular sum from the money to his supposedly brother who is to help him transport his supposed luggages and also remove his own charges and the money for rent which he did. He sent 1500CAD

The next morning he e-mailed my brother again asking for another help that his brother who was transporting the said luggage had an accident on there way with pictures of prove that he had exhausted cash with him and he was going to send him another check but this time he should take 200CAD out of the total amount for the kind gesture and help him send whatever balance the bank are willing to let go to his brother for their medical bills and keep all the balance for him. na so my brother send another money. 2500CAD.

Mind you all this transfer was done via email according to him, don't really know how that works in Canada though but he sent a total of 4000CAD to a Nigerian Yahoo boy. angry

On the third day of all these, he got a negative from his bank according to him a debit of 4000CAD and he filed a complain and was told those checks were fake.
He emailed this guy and this guy dey tell am say another person go pay am, him don collect him own share that he should work harder and with time he will get over it..that his even lucky he got a sorry from him after all.

So he was advice by the bank to file a complain at the police which he has done and also asked to swear an oat that his not a part of it, that if after investigation and his found Innocent he will be paid back the said amount as a scammed victim but it's a 50/50 thing.
So I want to ask our gurus in the house. How can one trace an IP or handle this kind of thing because we are very kin in finding this guy at all cost and make him a scape goat.

Now I understand what it means to be in the shoes of these white folks being robbed everyday off there hard earned funds by Nigerians who call themselves Yahoo, how can you sleep well robbing someone off there suffering for years and you think it can be well with you. It can never be, nemesis will surely catch up with you someday even if not in your generation you will surely pay for it, this is really bad and should never be condoned. I know how this my brother works his ass up everyday and the funny part is that his a student.

Am writing this so others can be very careful when dealing with people with checks and any other means of payment abroad.
Nawa oo your brother is careless sha, just sending money to someone you don’t know

1 Like

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Okada drop me here!
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Eazie351(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
I'm not a supporter of online fraud but we all think it's a game until it hits someone close to us.

all I can say to your bro is "sorry"

1 Like

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
oldest trick in the book, your brother na real MUMU!
didnt he understand there was something fishy when the dude was gonna send a check to a total stranger, just like that?! and then after sending the check and you putting it in your account,asking you for the same money "thats was supposedly for the apt"?!?!?!

the minute that strangers talked about checks from Us to Canada bla bla bla, you should have said NO THANK YOU!!! it could be fraud, it could be stolen checks, it could be terrorism money, it could be the checks stolen from a murdered person.... kai!

A) who in their right mind would put a strangers check in his account?
B) then before the check clears, send money back from that same check to this total stranger?!?!?!?!?!

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by dawnomike(m): 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Sorry about your brother's experience... It is so bad that no one trust Nigerians again.
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
All these sickening news jist give one headache.
Most Nigerians are bunch of heartless idiots.
Imagine me toiling day and night then on a twinkle of an eye, everything gets wiped off
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ugolinze123(m): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Odingo1:

Nawa oo your brother is careless sha, just sending money to someone you don’t know
That is what is on everybody's lips
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by THUNDER4real(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
The yahoo guy is a trained one not like these local yahoo guys we have in Nigeria with same trick always. @op it will surprise you the perpetrator of the crime though Nigerian may be based in Malaysia or other foreign country. However, Your bro did not try by sending the money twice.
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by FivePeas: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
He should provide all the correspondence to/with the bank
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ojun50(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Truth be say ur brother no smart at all.... The person wey do that job no dey naija at all.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by henryvirus(m): 12:00am On Jun 03, 2020
Damn!! Dem turn your brother to both Picker and Maga at the same time...
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Hoodbilonia: 6:21am On Jun 03, 2020
Bill pay
Fake vashiers check.
My own picker ra wt 450k
Ita bn a month now.
I knw say he go die 4 accident
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ubcandid(m): 7:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Odingo1:

did you take an effort to read?
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ugolinze123(m): 7:21am On Jun 03, 2020
THUNDER4real:
The yahoo guy is a trained one not like these local yahoo guys we have in Nigeria with same trick always. @op it will surprise you the perpetrator of the crime though Nigerian may be based in Malaysia or other foreign country. However, Your bro did not try by sending the money twice.
Wherever his based am just kin on finding him..via any means possible
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by chinchonglee(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2020
Whose acct was ir bro transferring dose money to?

Get the owner of the acct.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by cassidy1996(m): 7:49am On Jun 03, 2020
sorry
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by THUNDER4real(m): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2020
ugolinze123:

Wherever his based am just kin on finding him..via any means possible
Good luck with that, I hope your not planning to use Nigeria technology because it is whack. maybe your planning jazz. Those in developed countries with good technology hardly trace who scammed them, it's you that is in a developing country??. If you can trace the guy, I will like to be your student so I can learn from you.
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 03, 2020
Your brother is very, very, very, very, very naive and gullible. I hope he smartens up after this experience.
Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2020
ugolinze123:

sorry for your lost..my kid brother was almost scammed too by a new Zealand company....he was interviewed and offer a position...this yahoo boy was using the domain name of Nz .and everthing look real ....the hack in a real company and pose as the Hr manager ...he sent the the offer letter ...so i read through i became suspicious when the requested payments of 300 dollars into a perfect money accounts with name Nz immigration service....Nz is not new Zealand...so i contacted the new zealand immigration service and sent them the visa application letter...it came back as scam ....the company was real .....i wonder why ise all this energy to scam 300 dollars

1 Like

Re: How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria by Burchester: 10:54am On Jun 03, 2020
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Thief Caught And Beaten In Awka, Anambra (graphic Photos/videos) / Singer Seunfunmi Shares How Hubby Died During Crossfire Between Police & Robbers / Adadike, A Nairalander, Hospitalised After IPOB UGM Attacked Bus She Was In;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.