Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Do You Think This World Will End? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Think This World Will End? (1022 Views)

The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / Prophet T.B Joshua: Coronavirus Will End On 27th March, 2020 (Video) / David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
It's obvious we nor this earth would be around forever. So what are you thoughts,

Nuclear Wipeout?
Bio warfare?
Asteroid hit?
Dead sun?
AI/Terminator shit
Swallowed by a gigantic blackhole?
Huge natural worldwide disasters?
Alien invasion?
Or maybe, maybe someone will truly show up to save us from the mess we created ourselves?
Or we somehow turn around positively to live peacefully and transform ourselves and the earth to the equivalent of paradise?

Wondering why it matters? Well, this is like the 6th/7th civilization to walk on this Earth. The rest wiped themselves out or disappeared. That apart, it doesn't make sense earth is the only life bearing planet in our solar system. Other planets must have been inhabited before they all vanished somehow, Take Mars for example, the surface looks like the aftermath of a nuclear Wipeout. Living beings adapted to living underground? We may never find out. In the end, believe whatever you're told with a pinch of salt. That's for those who will come here to regurgitate what have been poured down their Brains without them reflecting or asking questions.

So the question is what do you think & how do you know it's even true? All of it?

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Al

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lol

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by lilyheaven: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
We are like grasses on the field , even after pouring herbicides to wipe them off, they always find a way to grow within a specific given time.
Man will continue to live on the surface of earth.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
Op cool down I never marry o, u don get children
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
If this is WAEC i will slam A1.

Answer is ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by bigiyaro(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
OP, too much science fiction movies abi? we are going no where.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
lilyheaven:
We are like grasses on the field , even after pouring herbicides to wipe them off, they always find a way to grow within a specific given time.
Man will continue to live on the surface of earth.

What if we got totally wiped out? Or the survivors are infertile? What happens?
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Op cool down I never marry o, u don get children

I never get o. Why you dey fear. All die na die na
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
cruxgemmata:
If this is WAEC i will slam A1.

Answer is ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

grin grin grin grin

For your mind. Wos wobi, help me use Hilux to carry this young man F9 come.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP, too much science fiction movies abi? we are going no where.

Some of us actually think & live. Not running around like the rest, living in blissful ignorance. Do you know there was a planet between earth & Venus that was destroyed, blasted into pieces? I'm sure they were confident they would go nowhere also.
P:S All what I wrote is science fiction too tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by festwiz(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
The Sun will become a Red Giant in about 7.5 billion years and destroy the earth but all life would've died before then due to the excessive UV exposure.

It's either that or the Technology Singularity, which Kurzweil predicts will occur in 2045.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by bigiyaro(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
SKhanmi:

Some of us actually think & live. Not running around like the rest, living in blissful ignorance. Do you know there was a planet between earth & Venus that was destroyed, blasted into pieces? I'm sure they were confident they would go nowhere also.
P:S All what I wrote is science fiction too tongue
lolz, am sure you were at the planet when it happened, or you escaped to earth in a spacecraft, lolzz, pls is there anyway we can get an extra moon? I heard some other planets have as many as 7 moons, why don't you think about stopping common earthquakes and typhoons on earth...thinking about what you can't do shit about, is that the a way to live life, why should I give a fvck about getting killed by an astroid when the probability of it happening is 1 in 100billion? I rather think about getting killed in a car accident which more fvcking realistic. THINK AND LIVE my ass.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by lilyheaven: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
SKhanmi:

What if we got totally wiped out? Or the survivors are infertile? What happens?
Once there is rain, nature will always find a way to give strength to the weak ( infertile)
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by Ola17: 7:51am On Jun 04, 2020
Our specie will inhabit this planet for a very long time. Think about it, we are a few thousand years old and we are already done with large scale wars, discovered cure for most known human diseases, gone to space etc. Give us few more Millennials and we are sure to eliminate all diseases and human conflicts in its entirety!

In future, we will read about our ancestors fighting and killing each other over whose religion is the right One and over other mundane things ; shake our head and laugh over it. A time will come when we can seamlessly transfer our consciousness to other mediums and continue living.

The earth still has few billion years to be here but before it dies, we would’ve moved on. We have come to stay, man lives forever.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by sonmvayina(m): 8:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Nuclear holocaust... Those weapons en massed by USA, Russia and China are not for decoration.. They would be employed one day..
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by Ola17: 8:37am On Jun 04, 2020
sonmvayina:
Nuclear holocaust... Those weapons en massed by USA, Russia and China are not for decoration.. They would be employed one day..

Those weapons are for deterrence purposes. Any nuclear attack by the USA on China for example will Definitely affect Japan, South Korea and other USA allies in SEA and beyond.

Humanity is evolving towards universal peace and oneness of purpose.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 12:12am On Jun 06, 2020
bigiyaro:
lolz, am sure you were at the planet when it happened, or you escaped to earth in a spacecraft, lolzz, pls is there anyway we can get an extra moon? I heard some other planets have as many as 7 moons, why don't you think about stopping common earthquakes and typhoons on earth...thinking about what you can't do shit about, is that the a way to live life, why should I give a fvck about getting killed by an astroid when the probability of it happening is 1 in 100billion? I rather think about getting killed in a car accident which more fvcking realistic. THINK AND LIVE my ass.

If most humans thought the way you did, there wouldn't be things like art, culture or religion etc. They'll just do what is needed & no more. I understand where you are coming from. Heck! You probably think philosophy is bullcrap by the way lipsrsealed. Fortunately not everyone thinks in neat definite boxes. Using your own words, why should I care about your input? It's just another disembodied moniker. Shrugs
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 12:25am On Jun 06, 2020
Ola17:
Our specie will inhabit this planet for a very long time. Think about it, we are a few thousand years old and we are already done with large scale wars, discovered cure for most known human diseases, gone to space etc. Give us few more Millennials and we are sure to eliminate all diseases and human conflicts in its entirety!

In future, we will read about our ancestors fighting and killing each other over whose religion is the right One and over other mundane things ; shake our head and laugh over it. A time will come when we can seamlessly transfer our consciousness to other mediums and continue living.

The earth still has few billion years to be here but before it dies, we would’ve moved on. We have come to stay, man lives forever.

Hmmm, sounds feasible. But there's nothing you've listed that wasn't achieved by the former human civilizations that wiped themselves off the earth. We haven't even attained half of what they did. Reason why the saying exists. That nothing is new under the sun. Humanity currently hasn't fully decided,either to tow the right way to cohesive peaceful living or the left path to eventual annihilation or slavery engineered by technology advancement. The scenario you painted above can only happen if there's a mass radical shift in human consciousness. It's either we evolve or die! Like those before us. They had everything except mastery of their own humanity
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 12:29am On Jun 06, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol, I highly doubt that. What's the gain when everybody looses? It's just power play. We may be greedy power grabbing bastards but we're not chimp stupid. That's game over.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 12:53am On Jun 06, 2020
festwiz:
The Sun will become a Red Giant in about 7.5 billion years and destroy the earth but all life would've died before then due to the excessive UV exposure.

It's either that or the Technology Singularity, which Kurzweil predicts will occur in 2045.

Tech singularity is nearer & is even happening faster than imagined. Folks in Africa are most ignorant of the tech possibilities that exist in the western world. Tell them about human cybernetic organisms or how a human can make a call using only his hands embedded with microchips and they'll laugh in scorn. What makes me mad is the years at which all these things have been achieved. 80s 90s and early 2000s and we haven't really caught up. I even saw a video of two guys who had a transformer video recorder and dj equipment imbedded into their right arms. Like they'll just flex their arms and the wrist to the elbow will open up and these machinery will just come up and assembly . And some people think Terminator films are far fetched. Tech is good to an extent but there's always a price to pay in the end, Which in this case is our humanity. Imagine everybody's brains controlled & connected to cloud technology. Some people will kill to have that kinda tech, disagree with my religion & I will hack into & format your oblongata grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by Ola17: 3:28am On Jun 06, 2020
SKhanmi:

Hmmm, sounds feasible. But there's nothing you've listed that wasn't achieved by the former human civilizations that wiped themselves off the earth. We haven't even attained half of what they did. Reason why the saying exists. That nothing is new under the sun. Humanity currently hasn't fully decided,either to tow the right way to cohesive peaceful living or the left path to eventual annihilation or slavery engineered by technology advancement. The scenario you painted above can only happen if there's a mass radical shift in human consciousness. It's either we evolve or die! Like those before us. They had everything except mastery of their own humanity

I’m positive that we are tilting more towards global unity and oneness of purpose. If the previous civilizations wiped themselves out, where then did we come from?
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by xproducer: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2020
The Day of the Lord

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:10-13
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by LordReed(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2020
I think some form of man made disaster threatens our existence. We may not be able to wipe out all life but I think we can severely hinder it especially ourselves as humans. With our technologies we can very nearly, if not entirely, wipe out humans but life will continue without us.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by MJBOLT: 9:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Zombie apocalypse or asteroid hit
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2020
Ola17:

I’m positive that we are tilting more towards global unity and oneness of purpose. If the previous civilizations wiped themselves out, where then did we come from?

Let's use the Bible story of Noah as an example. What if the ark wasn't a wooden structure, what if it was a Something else containing a seed bank for plants & DNA/Gene banks of every animal on the planet? That's a more feasible explanation than the literal translation. You can easily repopulate any planet that way. Having that in mind, look again at the Adam & Eve story. It simple screams of genetic engineering. Especially the creation of Eve, People actually believe the woman was created magically from a rib! Sounds more like DNA splicing. So that's the answer to your question. If they achieved that level of genetic engineering before wiping themselves out. It would be easy for the odd number of survivors who have either gone sterile or would die soon to seed another race. Another option is cryo storage, a race that has perfected that art can safely lie hidden in mass storage containers somewhere like Antarctica. So many ways we could get seeded on this planet.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
xproducer:

The Day of the Lord

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Have you ever considered a nuclear Holocaust can produce the same effects? And as a matter of fact, almost all religions, even the ancient ones have this concept of a savior coming back to save humanity. So it isn't peculiar to xtianity. Seeing as all of them forget to come back. How sure are you yours will turn out different? Don't you think that clause was inserted into religions so that we could never look inwards to solve our own problems. If we all knew nobody was coming to save us, we won't look the other way when folks destroy life & the planet in general because it's all we got. It dies, we follow it. We protect it,we live, flourish & advance. But the average religious adherent prefers to be a spectator. After all, why struggle to create a paradise here when you can just follow a set of rules & get accepted to a brand new magical world. That is if you even make it & not get exterminated like the rest. Promises & more promises
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2020
LordReed:
I think some form of man made disaster threatens our existence. We may not be able to wipe out all life but I think we can severely hinder it especially ourselves as humans. With our technologies we can very nearly, if not entirely, wipe out humans but life will continue without us.

Spot on. But the Human resilient nature would probably make them find ways to survive in one form or the other & that opens up a world of possibilities. The next civilization might just be comprised of homo deus or homo cybernetics.The evolvement of humans into a non-human species? Life must surely continue.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by SKhanmi: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2020
MJBOLT:
Zombie apocalypse or asteroid hit

Typical of you grin. Zombies are a form of life also. Definitely not a life ending event. The human survivors might just become immune and retake the damn planet. An Asteroid hit is game over except some lucky few escape into space before the catastrophe.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2020
SKhanmi:

Spot on. But the Human resilient nature would probably make them find ways to survive in one form or the other & that opens up a world of possibilities. The next civilization might just be comprised of homo deus or homo cybernetics.The evolvement of humans into a non-human species? Life must surely continue.

I would sincerely hope humanity can survive whatever catastrophes loom in our future. For me it's a comforting thought to think that humanity will grow and develop even more exciting technologies and concepts than we have now.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by MJBOLT: 10:46am On Jun 06, 2020
a zombie apocalypse will be our extinction level event

SKhanmi:

Typical of you grin. Zombies are a form of life also. Definitely not a life ending event. The human survivors might just become immune and retake the damn planet. An Asteroid hit is game over except some lucky few escape into space before the catastrophe.
Re: How Do You Think This World Will End? by Ola17: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
SKhanmi:

Let's use the Bible story of Noah as an example. What if the ark wasn't a wooden structure, what if it was a Something else containing a seed bank for plants & DNA/Gene banks of every animal on the planet? That's a more feasible explanation than the literal translation. You can easily repopulate any planet that way. Having that in mind, look again at the Adam & Eve story. It simple screams of genetic engineering. Especially the creation of Eve, People actually believe the woman was created magically from a rib! Sounds more like DNA splicing. So that's the answer to your question. If they achieved that level of genetic engineering before wiping themselves out. It would be easy for the odd number of survivors who have either gone sterile or would die soon to seed another race. Another option is cryo storage, a race that has perfected that art can safely lie hidden in mass storage containers somewhere like Antarctica. So many ways we could get seeded on this planet.

I have big reservations about the Noah ark and other similar stories found in the Bible. If you are trying to pass off the ark as a possible seed bank, what to you have to say about other uncomfortable verses? Like cutting off the hand of a woman that grabs a man’s ball? Or stoning stoning to death of adulterous women and stubborn children? These and more are all contained in the Old Testament.

There’s no evidence to suggest that our specie were once that technically advanced but we will still get there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Please Circulate This News, This Is Happening In The Church / Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church / Does God Need Your Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.