Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Pls Help With Zain - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help With Zain (843 Views)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2011
Pls i'm new to the Zain network. Can anybody kindly help me wit d following:

1. Is it dat Zain internet does not support opera mini on fones? Cant seem to use it at all.

2. How do i check my data balance?
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Bossman(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2011
I believe as long as you have the right APN settings and select it, you should be fine. As for checking data balance, I am assuming you have a data package. If so, there has to be a short code you can send from the phone that will let you know your balance.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
Tnx for ur response but its just not working. Only the wap browser is workin but not opera mini.
And as for d shot code dat's wat i'm asking for, i'm on a data plan but dont kno wat i've got left.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Bossman(m): 9:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
I am surprised to find out that Opera mini (my favorite browser) does not work with all carriers. I can't stand the default browser on most phones. That may play into my decision regarding which carrier to go with when I visit Naija in March. I was already debating between GLO and MTN (have always used MTN). I depend on data a lot, adn will need a good data package, and that's probably where MTN shines. I may have to check out Zain's website to see what they offer.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
Mtn does not support opera mini either. Etisalat does support it but their wahala is too much dats why i switched to Zain.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Bossman(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
Are you sure about MTN not supporting opera mini? It must be a new thing. I have certainly used opera mini on MTN in the past. Even last year while I was there. I was also able to sign up for data packages and also connected my phone to my laptop to surf. My entire family and most of the folks I know are on MTN though, and that makes it easy. I'll probably just get 2 sims then. One for Data and the MTN for voice.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
There's no problem connecting wit a laptop. I'm talking abt using opera mini on ur fone.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Bossman(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2011
Yeah. I know. I have Opera mini on all my phones. However, I can probably make do if it does not work. Just trying to get my head around why it will not work. Opera mini siphons the data through their servers through their servers first, and compresses and reduces the amount of data used. Why some carriers would block it is beyond me. Nothing like that on this end or in any other country's sim I have used.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by temodent(m): 1:29am On Jan 22, 2011
You guys have completely digressed from the main topic of discussion. @ Eveoeve I don't really know the real Zain apn having issue with that as well but you can check ur data balance by dialing *141*712*0#, I hope that helps a bit.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^ ok tnx so much i'll check it out. I'm grateful.
@Bossman tnx too.
Re: Pls Help With Zain by Eveoeve(f): 5:30am On Jan 22, 2011
@tomodent dat code worked for d data balance. I just tried it. Tnx so much.
Pls i will greatly appreciate it if anyone else could help me out wit d remaining problem.

(1) (Reply)

Used Black Berry Bold 2 For Sale / 64gb Hp Touchpad Brand New & 2x Ipad2 64gb: 08130117198: Dont Dull / Is Ios 5.0 Fully Jailbroken Now Without Boot Tether. Pls Does Anybody Knows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.