Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism (1846 Views)

Are You A True Christian Or A Paulian? Know The Difference / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Your Final Decision On Whether To Die As A Christian Or As A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Jokerman(m): 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus rape anyone??
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by kingxsamz(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jokerman:
I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus rape anyone??

No he didn't, but did your god kill women and children?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by kingxsamz(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
veeshock:

Do you have a proof The Lord is not Good? If you look closely you'l find all the answers you seek actually, its a free world though.

He is very good.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by xamuell: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I know it sounds lazy but don't bother reading if you don't want to , I've read and read dedicated my life to reading , There is no God, life must exist it's not a gift from a god or whatsoever , like animals when we die , it's just black , same way we cannot fathom before we were born so we would not know after we die,
why must life exist
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by TheSourcerer: 7:38am On Jun 05, 2020
xamuell:
why must life exist
we don't need to know why , it just is meant to exist

1 Like

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by TheSourcerer: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2020
xamuell:
why must life exist
it must exist , empty space is life , air is life , stone is life
Life must exist
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by hakeem4(m): 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
xamuell:
why must life exist
we don't know why life existed. Neither do you. and don't use god as the answer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
hakeem4:
People who chose to be dum.b want others to be dumb. too.
Ask a child where the moon came from, they'll say is God, wtf do a child know about God.
When one start thinking like this as a child, they eventually stop asking questions.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Bacteriologist(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Xavfra:

Thanks....
I appreciate.... cool

It's not like I want Christianity out, but I just want the stupidity and the scamming nature of it.....

If our churches could become schools or industries, if people could contribute as much as they contribute for tithes and offerings to building schools and industries, life will be better.

That's basically communism. Which can be good. But it has it's own limitations and shortcomings especially when done extremely -like you've suggested.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Hakeem12(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
People who chose to be dum.b want others to be dumb. too.
Ask a child where the moon came from, they'll say is God, wtf do a child know about God.
When one start thinking like this as a child, they eventually stop asking questions.
Exactly. The fact that there are earth like planets in habitable zones, 550 light years away too far for current telescopes to handle, let alone next generation of telescopes shows we still have a lot to figure out about the universe. But some people think they have it all figured it in a text that claims the earth is five thousand years old. I basically stopped arguing with religious people because, you can't explain anything to anyone that has abandoned logic.

My childhood interest in astronomy and how the earth began in the first place made me an agnostic atheist. While I do not believe in the existence of any deity, it seems to me that the universe lies and will always lie beyond the grasps of any intellectuals on earth, I may be wrong though.

Growing up and reading a lot about space travel and such, I was marvelled at the incredible observations by so many scientists of all times and the greatness of the human mind, I was also appalled at how insignificant and transient human beings were on a grand scale. The sun in the sky, more than a million times bigger than the planet we are living on is only one of the 300 billions in the Milky Way Galaxy, which in turn is only one of the billions of galaxies in the universe. In addition, multiverse proponents say there may even be multiple universes. It amuses when people say they are going to heaven when they die. Which heaven, and in which universe?

Just as the many questions I had, how life started on earth, how the mind works, and what is the nature of time and consciousness? Philosophers and scientists have grappled with these questions for thousands of years. The universe is so inherently and profoundly complex that I believe it will elude human understanding forever, I may be wrong though.

It is depressing to think there are hard limits in human beings, and nothing demonstrates this better than the continued search for knowledge and curiosity, not indoctrination.

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Xmuslim: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
can't blame them it's a done deal, most(96percent) and biologically incapable of disbeliving their already believed idea.

I agree
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Xmuslim: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
hakeem4:
grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by TheSourcerer: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bacteriologist:

That's basically communism. Which can be good. But it has it's own limitations and shortcomings especially when done extremely -like you've suggested.
True
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by TheSourcerer: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:

I agree
hi X , I take it you were a Muslim?
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Xmuslim: 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
TheSourcerer:
hi X , I take it you were a Muslim?

Yes
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by TheSourcerer: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:

Yes
really really happy for you man ♥️♥️
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by hakeem4(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:

Yes
I hope your family members won’t punish you for apostasy? �
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by DragnetisaKuk(f): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Subscribed
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by Funaki: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
kingxsamz:

He is very good.

"All of their children and little babies"

The Lord is really good.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by kingxsamz(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Funaki:

"All of their children and little babies"

The Lord is really good.

Exactly. wink
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hakeem12:
Exactly. The fact that there are earth like planets in habitable zones, 550 light years away too far for current telescopes to handle, let alone next generation of telescopes shows we still have a lot to figure out about the universe. But some people think they have it all figured it in a text that claims the earth is five thousand years old. I basically stopped arguing with religious people because, you can't explain anything to anyone that has abandoned logic.

My childhood interest in astronomy and how the earth began in the first place made me an agnostic atheist. While I do not believe in the existence of any deity, it seems to me that the universe lies and will always lie beyond the grasps of any intellectuals on earth, I may be wrong though.

Growing up and reading a lot about space travel and such, I was marvelled at the incredible observations by so many scientists of all times and the greatness of the human mind, I was also appalled at how insignificant and transient human beings were on a grand scale. The sun in the sky, more than a million times bigger than the planet we are living on is only one of the 300 billions in the Milky Way Galaxy, which in turn is only one of the billions of galaxies in the universe. In addition, multiverse proponents say there may even be multiple universes. It amuses when people say they are going to heaven when they die. Which heaven, and in which universe?

Just as the many questions I had, how life started on earth, how the mind works, and what is the nature of time and consciousness? Philosophers and scientists have grappled with these questions for thousands of years. The universe is so inherently and profoundly complex that I believe it will elude human understanding forever, I may be wrong though.

It is depressing to think there are hard limits in human beings, and nothing demonstrates this better than the continued search for knowledge and curiosity, not indoctrination.
Born too late too explore the Moon, born too early to explore the Galaxy.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
hakeem4:
I hope your family members won’t punish you for apostasy? �
Just look at how we are slaves because we chose to think different.

A typical example, majority makes the rule.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by jamesid29(m): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hakeem12:

Well.. out of the roughly 4000 exoplanets we've found and confirmed, alot are gas/ice planets and what we know about the conditions of the others make them hostile to complex life. The closest earth like exoplanet we've found is Kepler-1649c about 300light-years away. It's roughly similar to earth in size and temperature but the first major problem is that,it revolves around a red dwarf, which are known for their flare activity,making life very challenging for potential life. Coupled with that, we know next to nothing about its atmospheric conditions(ability to keep water or not) or the planets mass(whether it is truly rocky or a water world). There are other exoplanets estimated to be closer to Earth in size or temperature, such as TRAPPIST-1f or TRAPPIST-1d. But other than Kepler-1649c no other planet is considered to be close in both of these values that also lies in the habitable zone of its system."

The Copernican principle that earth is just another random rock that supports complex life is really no longer the prevailing principle in cosmology. The more we've surveyed our universe in the last decade or so and the more we understand the precise conditions needed for complex life to thrive and observe the universe, the more we understand that earth sits in a privileged position. Even simple things that didn't seem important a couple of decades kinda are unique to earth amongst all the planet we've seen so far, E.g the planet to moon ratio, the size and impact of other planets in the solar system, the position of our solar system within our galaxy and even the position of our galaxy within our super galaxy. So even though our planet is but a tiny speck of rock in the universe, the more we find out about the fine tunement that allows for complex life as we know it, the rarer earth seems to be. Of course that's not to say there are no planets in the universe that can support complex life but contrary to what we believed a couple of decades ago, they might not to be as numerous as we thought.
We probably should take care of this one because almost anywhere else will kill us in an instant or make life harder than living in the worst desert on earth.

What's your take on the Fermi paradox with relation to the Drake equation?
Re: How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism by jamesid29(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Born too late too explore the Moon, born too early to explore the Galaxy.
Well not really. There's so much about the moon we haven't explored yet and it will still take decades (if not centuries) to scratch below the surface.
And with our current technology (no sci-fi stuff) we can begin to explore our galaxy with the right funding... It would probably be a one way trip though.

So if you truly interested, go for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Matthew 28 VS 19 Altered By The Catholic Church? / Jesus Is Alive / Oyedepo, Others To Be Exposed Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.