Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (44473 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Please help me out I Forget Things Too Often. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Flier: 11:30am On Jun 03, 2020
YorubaKinging:
How often do you smoke weed ?
Weed is very good for brain,Infact you will remember the day you were born if you take weed
I think his case has to do with masturbation
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Can this be treated, please?

Go and read about the symptoms and ask yourself if that's what you really have. You don't have to believe what someone says because you have no clue what it is.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by foleskay(m): 11:32am On Jun 03, 2020
That's one of the symptoms of the Stockholm syndrome.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Akinola100: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2020
op, try to be conscious in what is happening in your environment. Pay attention to what you are doing, this also causes forgetfulness

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley
Take blood syrup or drink 'qualitea'green tea.Do not take both at the same time.Either of the two.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Caseless: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2020
chatinent:
Don't expect to be perfect at everything.
which one did he tell you he's perfect at?

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ohamzee: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
braine:

Any idea how its treated?
that must be true. Some times i wonder how i solve problems nobody around me can in seconds jtst thinking. I fear my iq

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Grisham04: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
Could be partial dementia issue here.
Try always and Everytime to rest your system by way of sleeping and napping when necessary.

My grandma case was too pathetic, she will be holding a kitchen knife and still be looking for it.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by DaRuud(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
Forgetfulness can be a normal part of aging. As people get older, changes occur in all parts of the body, including the brain. As a result, some people may notice that it takes longer to learn new things, they don't remember information as well as they did, or they lose things like their glasses, shoes , keys , pens , ATM card , password.etc

*HOW TO OVERCOME FORGETFULNESS*

1. Include physical activity in your daily routine
Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain. This might help keep your memory sharp.

For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity, such as brisk walking, or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity, such as jogging — preferably spread throughout the week. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a few 10-minute walks throughout the day.

2. Stay mentally active
Just as physical activity helps keep your body in shape, mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape — and might keep memory loss at bay. Do crossword puzzles. Play bridge. Take alternate routes when driving. Learn to play a musical instrument. Volunteer at a local school or community organization.

3. Socialize regularly
Social interaction helps ward off depression and stress, both of which can contribute to memory loss. Look for opportunities to get together with loved ones, friends and others — especially if you live alone.

4. Get organized
You're more likely to forget things if your home is cluttered and your notes are in disarray. Jot down tasks, appointments and other events in a special notebook, calendar or electronic planner.

You might even repeat each entry out loud as you jot it down to help cement it in your memory. Keep to-do lists current and check off items you've completed. Set aside a place for your wallet, keys, glasses and other essentials.

Limit distractions and don't do too many things at once. If you focus on the information that you're trying to retain, you're more likely to recall it later. It might also help to connect what you're trying to retain to a favorite song or another familiar concept.

5. Sleep well
Sleep plays an important role in helping you consolidate your memories, so you can recall them down the road. Make getting enough sleep a priority. Most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep a day.

6. Eat a healthy diet
A healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your heart. Eat fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources, such as fish, beans and skinless poultry. What you drink counts, too. Too much alcohol can lead to confusion and memory loss. So can drug use.

7. Manage chronic conditions
Follow your doctor's treatment recommendations for medical conditions, such as depression, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and hearing loss. The better you take care of yourself, the better your memory is likely to be. In addition, review your medications with your doctor regularly. Various medications can affect memory.

When to seek help for memory loss
If you're worried about memory loss — especially if memory loss affects your ability to complete your usual daily activities or if you notice your memory getting worse — talk to your doctor. He or she will likely do a physical exam, as well as check your memory and problem-solving skills.

Sometimes other tests are needed as well. Treatment will depend on what's contributing to your memory loss.

AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by ehisforever24(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
I was like that when I was your age, it is not a problem, just keep being focui in what are doing
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by idonhammer: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
But you dey remember where you hide your money abi? You no serious.

5 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by adanny01(m): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

I am your opposite.

I forget names of some people I met 5mins ago, I don't recognize some faces who introduced themselves 5 times. If 5 people introduced themselves, I will forget the names of atleast 2 by the yime they finished. For me, out of sight is out of mind.

I was shocked when a federal government director recognized me in church, called my name when the last time he saw me, I was in primary school like over 20yrs ago. Our next meeting in church, he called my name before i knew who he was. Imagine how embarrassing it is. This kind of thing happens too often that I appear to them as snubbing or dumb. For me, out of sight is out of mind.

On the other hand, if i parked my car for a year, I will know if it moved an inch. I arrange my things orderly and can remember the order i kept them. You will see me moving the center rug everyday because someone swept the sitting room but didn't adjust its position very well.

If I dropped a stained shirt in the laundry basket, I will not forget I have a stain on such a shirt.

I feel the same way you do and wish I could help.

5 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by DaRuud(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2020
Forgetfulness can be a normal part of aging. As people get older, changes occur in all parts of the body, including the brain. As a result, some people may notice that it takes longer to learn new things, they don't remember information as well as they did, or they lose things like their glasses, shoes , keys , pens , ATM card , password.etc

*HOW TO OVERCOME FORGETFULNESS*

1. Include physical activity in your daily routine
Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain. This might help keep your memory sharp.

For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity, such as brisk walking, or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity, such as jogging — preferably spread throughout the week. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a few 10-minute walks throughout the day.

2. Stay mentally active
Just as physical activity helps keep your body in shape, mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape — and might keep memory loss at bay. Do crossword puzzles. Play bridge. Take alternate routes when driving. Learn to play a musical instrument. Volunteer at a local school or community organization.

3. Socialize regularly
Social interaction helps ward off depression and stress, both of which can contribute to memory loss. Look for opportunities to get together with loved ones, friends and others — especially if you live alone.

4. Get organized
You're more likely to forget things if your home is cluttered and your notes are in disarray. Jot down tasks, appointments and other events in a special notebook, calendar or electronic planner.

You might even repeat each entry out loud as you jot it down to help cement it in your memory. Keep to-do lists current and check off items you've completed. Set aside a place for your wallet, keys, glasses and other essentials.

Limit distractions and don't do too many things at once. If you focus on the information that you're trying to retain, you're more likely to recall it later. It might also help to connect what you're trying to retain to a favorite song or another familiar concept.

5. Sleep well
Sleep plays an important role in helping you consolidate your memories, so you can recall them down the road. Make getting enough sleep a priority. Most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep a day.

6. Eat a healthy diet
A healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your heart. Eat fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources, such as fish, beans and skinless poultry. What you drink counts, too. Too much alcohol can lead to confusion and memory loss. So can drug use.

7. Manage chronic conditions
Follow your doctor's treatment recommendations for medical conditions, such as depression, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and hearing loss. The better you take care of yourself, the better your memory is likely to be. In addition, review your medications with your doctor regularly. Various medications can affect memory.

When to seek help for memory loss
If you're worried about memory loss — especially if memory loss affects your ability to complete your usual daily activities or if you notice your memory getting worse — talk to your doctor. He or she will likely do a physical exam, as well as check your memory and problem-solving skills.

Sometimes other tests are needed as well. Treatment will depend on what's contributing to your memory loss.

drahmadhamza01@gmail.com

AdamsAbubakar:

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by foleskay(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
AdamsAbubakar

The problems u av is called oppentunium adsenslatus.... It is called by sumtin called lamentianusia esculiatiatus.

The only way to cure this is to find a Runs girl (use michat or codedruns or tinder) with over 20 years experience to give u a perfect BJ of your life... After ur first cum, ur life will b back to normal..

If it doesn't work,

Then give your life to Christ...... gringringringringringringrin
Were you not d boy that posted about girls not agreeing to date you How would girls date you with your very shallow mindset! embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ceasaerius: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
It's alright with you bro kiss wink
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Bluezy13(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
longjosh:
I have problem with remembering date and names of people but I can remember events of 20 years ago vividly. I narrated something that happened to me when I was like 2yrs to my mum one day and she was amazed. She was backing me then.

Same thing applies to me.
I have a problem remembering people's names...even names told less than 5 mins ago.
But I can remember longtime events.
Sometimes I try to remind my sisters an things that we used to do when we were kids... primary school then but I only seem to be the only one remembering those things...makes me feel as if it was a dream but it was real.
There was a girl I used to hangout with during Predegree Remedial in the university, after about 5 years...just 5 years...I was telling her the particular food she used to eat and where we used to buy it, she surprisingly denied it...I couldn't believe it but she agreed to other things I said including some of her friends and classmates that I described. Although she was baffled that I could remember them all.

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by 3mmyz(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
toyotamuscle:
stop masturbation. it will help.
I'm tired of these lots on here. If you can't give vauable suggestions kindly rot off but don't stoop to a miscreant level. It's appalling despite you been faceless

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Prinxxdave: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

I don't masturbate.

then start doing it....2 time daily
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by callmeRichie(m): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=AdamsAbubakar post=90255920]

nothing is wrong with you bro, Infact it's as if you knew me before counting this down.

Sometimes it's as a result of over smartness and high intelligence, to forget thing quickly sometimes as the case maybe though.

So nothing to worry about bro, I think stress is another factor too, all these happened to me during my undergraduate days and since I was done I didn't seem to forget things again... Now serving tho ...

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Beey(f): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

I beg to differ with those suggesting dementia. Dementia doesn’t attack young healthy adults.It’s mostly old age related. However, there’s a different kind of dementia suffered by AIDS patients. My question would be this, have you noticed other symptoms apart from forgetfulness? Do you have trouble sleeping sometimes either not sleeping enough or sleeping too much? Do you over eat sometimes or completely lack appetite? Do you have mood swings where at one point you are happy and the next you become irritable & Can’t explain why? Do you cry for nothing? Forgetfulness alone is just a symptom. Depression comes to mind. ADHD was also suggested. Some ADHD drugs are used to improve concentration. Talk to a doctor and hear what they have to say.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by ramifickolade: 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
you've been hearing of forsage. I will register you for free..hit me to register on( ramifickkolade@gmail.com)
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Yhummer619(m): 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
if u r a right hand user don't use left hand to keep things
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2020
foleskay:

Were you not d boy that posted about girls not agreeing to date you How would girls date you with your very shallow mindset! embarassed

He-Diot... It wasn't me...

U av dementia eacalu
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by tsspsolutions: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Have you been overworking lately?

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Do you also have this problem of not being able to focus on one thought. For example you are thinking of going to the market then unknowingly you start thinking of something dissimilar like the TV.

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by 10kgod(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2020
kill boredom during this lock down.....

Guys, join the TV using the link below

KoolFacts About

Human
Animal
Plant
Science and Technology
Etc
KOOLfacts tv

Join now
AND THANK ME later

https:///2349026157612
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ghostrye: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2020
it might be ADHD. Same thing happens to me all the time, frustrating AF

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2020
Beey:
I beg to differ with those suggesting dementia. Dementia doesn’t attack young healthy adults.It’s mostly old age related. However, there’s a different kind of dementia suffered by AIDS patients. My question would be this, have you noticed other symptoms apart from forgetfulness? Do you have trouble sleeping sometimes either not sleeping enough or sleeping too much? Do you over eat sometimes or completely lack appetite? Do you have mood swings where at one point you are happy and the next you become irritable & Can’t explain why? Do you cry for nothing? Forgetfulness alone is just a symptom. Depression comes to mind. ADHD was also suggested. Some ADHD drugs are used to improve concentration. Talk to a doctor and hear what they have to say.
What do you say about someone who easily forgets things, has inadequate connection of thoughts, an issue of compulsive overeating and anger issues?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Karlifate: 11:45am On Jun 03, 2020
INCREDIBLE007:

download the video called
DELIVERANCE OF THE BRAIN BY Dr SK OLUKOYA

on YouTube
listen to it
LMAO! grin
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by IYANGBALI: 11:47am On Jun 03, 2020
iceboy4752:
Sounds like dementia sha, but I don't really know. Let me leave it to the experts.

Lalasticlala where art thou?
lala is only a specialist on snake matters, especially pythons and cobras jo
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ginaz(f): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2020
I have a chronic problem of forgetting birthdays, dates and towns or villages . If you tell me 20times the name of the town you from I will forget .

I don’t even know my Mom’s birthday date till today . I only know the month . In fact I don’t think I know anybody’s birthday date except mine . Which is so embarrassing.

But I have the ability to remember past events and can think critically and very soundly at a spot . I can analyze well too.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Maj196(m): 11:51am On Jun 03, 2020
It's a mild Alzheimer's disease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth / How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.