Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (44469 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Please help me out I Forget Things Too Often. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by GodPunishBiafra: 11:53am On Jun 03, 2020
longjosh:
ọdẹ ni mi
Definitely.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Xfemt(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2020
toyotamuscle:
stop masturbation. it will help.
pot calling kettle black

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Beey(f): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2020
SegFault:

What do you say about someone who easily forgets things, has inadequate connection of thoughts, an issue of compulsive overeating and anger issues?
Depression comes to mind, google the symptoms of both depression & bipolar depression. See which you can relate with more.I think the person should see a mental health practitioner such as a psychiatrist. Start by visiting a reputable hospital. A doctor may then refer you to a Psychiatrist.Mental illnesses may have some similarities but it’s up to a doctor to make a diagnosis.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Karlifate: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar, it seems you are an INFP, according to Myer-Briggs Personality Types.
You can do more research about this.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2020
Go and buy reminder grin
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by egworlordor(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

Do.you smoke weed? Then stop it messes with your memory
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by taikonet005(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2020
Ops try to live at the moment. Life is a moment at a time. It seems you have a lot of things in your mind.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by longjosh: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2020
Bluezy13:

Same thing applies to me.
I have a problem remembering people's names...even names told less than 5 mins ago.
But I can remember longtime events.
Sometimes I try to remind my sisters an things that we used to do when we were kids... primary school then but I only seem to be the only one remembering those things...makes me feel as if it was a dream but it was real.
There was a girl I used to hangout with during Predegree Remedial in Unical, after about 5 years...just 5 years...I was telling her the particular food she used to eat and where we used to buy it, she surprisingly denied it...I couldn't believe it but she agreed to other things I said including some of her friends and classmates that I described. Although she was baffled that I could remember them all.

What I do now is to repeat people's name whenever I'm talking to them. That way I won't forget.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by cuteralph101(m): 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

U PROLLY HAVE ALOT OF ACTIVITIES, U NEED TO TRY TO SORT YOURSELF PROPERLY, REST, EXERCISE, LIVE HEALTHY. ABOVE ALL GET A JOURNAL. DOWNLOAD ANY.DO APP ON ANDROID AND GET A JOTTER TO KEEP UP WITH UR REMINDERS

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Esteemval(f): 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Akosxxx:
I'm in the same boat with you OP.
As a kid, I can never forget where I keep my things as I easily replay it like a video in my head.
I topped my class all through secondary school although I seem to forget little details that made my classmates then wonder how I managed to top them in class if I can't recall some little events.

It worsened in the university, On a particular night, I went to the hostel toilet with my lamp and forgot it there after using the toilet. On getting to the room, I remembered that I had left my lamp there so I took my roommates lamp to aid me see so I could pick up my lamp.

Reaching the toilet, I forgot what I came to do and ended up leaving my roommate's lamp there too! . On entering the room, friends that were together in the room asked where the lamp was. That was when It struck me that I left 2 lamps in the toilet with a period of about 10-15 mins. They were amazed, laughed and we joked about it.

Also, there was a time( I think in my year 2 or 3) I was completely blank for about 20 minutes in an examination hall yes 20 mins! I couldn't write anything. It wasn't due to fear, I completely forgot.
I graduated without having a single carryover.

At a time I thought it must be a spiritual attack.

I'm seriously interested in knowing what could have caused this kind of condition really.

am suffering from this too, I don't know what it is, could it be a spiritual attack?
I forget easily. Sometimes I even forget how to speak and construct correct sentences

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nopanties: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

ọpọlọ rẹ ti yọro
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by merry101: 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

You dey smoke weed? If yes,reduce am
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
Me. I forget what I read. And when I Pray about it yet I forgot my prayer lines

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Bluezy13(m): 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
longjosh:

What I do now is to repeat people's name whenever I'm talking to them. That way I won't forget.

I think I will start doing it too.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Bellgal: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stop using earphones to listen to music or anything.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by eRay200(m): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
I think this is called antero-grade amnesia and it has to do with short term memory ie. you forget things that happened in your immediate past but remember things that happened a long time ago. I think the best you can do is to pay more attention to details, be more conscious of whatever you do. This helps to reinforce your short term memory. The opposite is retrograde amnesia, where you forget things in the distant past but remember everything that happened a few weeks ago down to the smallest details.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by dalass(f): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
If you can remember names of people, past events clearly, you certainly have no problem.

When you want to keep things, focus. We remember things we want to.... Make sure you're not holding a conversation or be thinking of other things. If your attention is divided, you can't focus and you will certainly not remember some simple stuffs...

Put your mind together always... Thank me later grin

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by ussy09(m): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
you are not alone on this table so remember what you can remember and leave the rest stop stressing your self too much and most importantly get a jorter

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

You are simply a Melancholic temperament. We both have the same issue, its natural but the price to pay for being intelligence because our mind is always occupied with thoughts and feelings which is too deep for the outside world to understand. Even Bill Gate said he has the same issue. We also both Introverts, so just relax.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Akosxxx(m): 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
Esteemval:

am suffering from this too, I don't know what it is, could it be a spiritual attack?
I forget easily. Sometimes I even forget how to speak and construct correct sentences

The matter is a serious one.
Funny thing is when I tell people my condition they'll just laugh it off like a joke and say that it's a normal thing.
I sleep well, eat well and drink a lot of water.
I just wonder

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Same with me too...i just feel like you're talking about me
its been going on for two years now.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
Akosxxx:
I'm in the same boat with you OP.
As a kid, I can never forget where I keep my things as I easily replay it like a video in my head.
I topped my class all through secondary school although I seem to forget little details that made my classmates then wonder how I managed to top them in class if I can't recall some little events.

It worsened in the university, On a particular night, I went to the hostel toilet with my lamp and forgot it there after using the toilet. On getting to the room, I remembered that I had left my lamp there so I took my roommates lamp to aid me see so I could pick up my lamp.

Reaching the toilet, I forgot what I came to do and ended up leaving my roommate's lamp there too! . On entering the room, friends that were together in the room asked where the lamp was. That was when It struck me that I left 2 lamps in the toilet with a period of about 10-15 mins. They were amazed, laughed and we joked about it.

Also, there was a time( I think in my year 2 or 3) I was completely blank for about 20 minutes in an examination hall yes 20 mins! I couldn't write anything. It wasn't due to fear, I completely forgot.
I graduated without having a single carryover.

At a time I thought it must be a spiritual attack.

I'm seriously interested in knowing what could have caused this kind of condition really.
Am on that table now, and am afraid its a spiritual attack.
I also sleep without being aware of my environment, as in very deep sleep ,could the two be related?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
You are not sick brother. The simple solution is your hand. Avoid and change any thing or person or circumstances that triggers it like;

worries, anxiety, emotional detachment, lack of focus or passion or interest, inability to connect with people of higher intelligence (IQ) to keep your brain and memory healthy, functioning, and intact, depression, joblessness, idleness, laziness, longtime stagnation, toxic environment, troubled atmospheric settings, oppression from the family, friends, and society, etc..

You need to challenge yourself and you will overcome. No medication and other prescriptions can cure it, but yourself..

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by BonPatrick(m): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Are you serious
toyotamuscle:
stop masturbation. it will help.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Dozie32(m): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Stop taking tramadol and other hard drugs.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
AdamsAbubakar

The problems u av is called oppentunium adsenslatus.... It is called by sumtin called lamentianusia esculiatiatus.

The only way to cure this is to find a Runs girl (use michat or codedruns or tinder) with over 20 years experience to give u a perfect BJ of your life... After ur first cum, ur life will b back to normal..

If it doesn't work,

Then give your life to Christ...... gringringringringringringrin
Are you being serious?

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by firfinch(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Testing...
I have a PDF that could help you. Watch out

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by miketayo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
enshi:
Stop masturbating ...

If you dont masturbate then stop excessive sexing .. Eat more fruit

Where are u getting the notion that sex makes u forget things.
It helps you stay more focused if anything

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Lamanii22(f): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2020
Eat honey more often... It works..

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Sarang(f): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
Mine’s even worst

I don’t remember anything from my childhood, about a year ago I realize that I am becoming seriously forgetful. All of a sudden all the lyrics I knew I didn’t know again. This is how I knew this is no longer a joke
I write down everything.. my phone is filled with notes

But
I do well in school
I remember names too
At a time I remembered more than 50 names while working at the gym last year
Yesterday I was singing and all of a sudden I was singing the lyrics right.. I was even startled

I believe mine’s repression
As a child it was my defence mechanism
I believe I repressed so much that I can’t remember anything from my childhood
I think it’s affecting me now
Thankfully it’s getting better although am still gonna see a doctor
I saw a counsellor who confirmed this

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
Karlifate:

LMAO!
lols
its funny but the video is there sha

DELIVERANCE OF THE BRAIN DR DK OLUKOYA

if I had known the Info's I know now back when I was in junior sec school
life would have been different now.

THE VILLAGE PEOPLE IN AFRICA CONCENTRATE MASSIVELY ON BRAIN MANIPULATION.

I SALUTE OP FOR BRINGING THIS UP

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Okoronkwow(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
https://www.wazobia.cash/register/?r=WR3M6 investment opportunities Just 10k and make 15k in 3days your money is safe dear please use the link above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bug? / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59