Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (44481 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Please help me out I Forget Things Too Often. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
kodded:
smiley can I pm you,?
Yes of course. Or simply whatsapp me 08142425930.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
I'm having the same problem and I am also 22. But I think I have been able to recognize some causes which include, unreasonable immaginations, thinking faster than normal, not having enough rest(sleep), multi-tasking among others. I've been trying hard to stop those things which I knew would improve my memory and help me pay attention. Bro, you are not alone, keep avoiding those aforementioned causes and very soon, you will improve your memory.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Beey(f): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
SegFault:

Bipolar cry
Can I inbox?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by NiCurious: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

If you have a lot on your mind, this is not unusual.
Try putting your things in the same place, always--phone, keys, eyeglasses, pen etc., even your kitchen knife. If you can train yourself to do that, you can reduce the effects of forgetfulness in the first place, and also spend less time searching and worrying about your mental health, adding to your already busy mind.
If you forget what you have just done, try doing one thing at a time, so you can focus on it, be aware of what you are doing, and probably do a better job of it at the same time--as well as remember that you did it.
Well, that's my advice from experience, maybe it fits your situation too.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Allaboutkatiee(f): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

It's normal.. I tend to have same issue
But it doesnt occur all the time,just once in while.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by ussy09(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
I have a jotter, i always forget to use it.
chai this ur own ehn
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by IDnoble1: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Why are you responding to childish comments?

To the matter, pls try to see a psychiatrist ASAP. It doesn't look like a big issue though.
A wonderful suggestion!
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
faithfull18:
You are normal.
He needs data in his life
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Valnos: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Op, how much time do you spend on social media ?

Social media usage can cause such.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
Emmanuel602:

Google PMO and semen retention
Googled it. shocked

And all I can see is a hogwash of inanities by Charlatans that make out as if they know what they are blabbing about.. grin
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by henzy4life: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
[I can't stop laughing,u sef,look at how serious ur write up looks without knowing it was a bullshit. Funny u anyway

quote author=HoliMaree post=90256869]You're suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.
It's called ADHD for short. You're not remembering because you do things on impulse, without thinking. You're hyper, always full of activity. It's not your fault but caused by some chemical imbalances in your brain and you're not alone , many have it undiagnosed .[/quote]
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by 100bonus(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
Take a cup of coffee every morning then a cup of green tea in the evening
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by dayorich: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ask Buhari or Jibrin of Sudan.

He will gladly tell you the drugs that he also uses...
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Liposure:
hav you dreamt and in the process you felt you ve dreamt the same dream b4
yes severally...
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Mypeople2(m): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Aunty, there are so many things in your head,delete some things from the head.The thing too full
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Mightyjp(m): 12:48am On Jun 04, 2020
Experience is great teacher. He is talking frm exp
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Mightyjp(m): 12:54am On Jun 04, 2020
toyotamuscle:
stop masturbation. it will help.

experience is a great teacher
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by SirElaw(m): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2020
HoliMaree:
You're suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.
It's called ADHD for short. You're not remembering because you do things on impulse, without thinking. You're hyper, always full of activity. It's not your fault but caused by some chemical imbalances in your brain and you're not alone , many have it undiagnosed .

This is most likely the cause of Op’s forgetfulness. I am in the same boat as well. I'm not officially diagnosed but self-diagnosed.�
Visit www.reddit.com/ADHD to read the experiences of people like us and connect with them. In my case, the condition became much easier to handle once I realized it wasn't my fault and I wasn't alone in the world. You'll be fine Op. Sending you love and light.

AdamsAbubakar:

Can this be treated please?
No. It can be managed though. Some use medications but I don't. Not to totally discourage you from this option, just saying you can be fine without medications.

Cc: Shile981

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by damayor001(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2020
YorubaKinging:
How often do you smoke weed ?
my point too
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by swaagish: 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
This is what you need. RAIN SOUL. by the time you finish a whole box, you will come back here and testify. You don't need a whole box anyways.

won't say much.. check FB for rainwellness lagos.

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Maccoy507: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Learning a lot
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by faithfull18(f): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

He needs data in his life
Help his ministry grin
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
HoliMaree:
You're suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.
It's called ADHD for short. You're not remembering because you do things on impulse, without thinking. You're hyper, always full of activity. It's not your fault but caused by some chemical imbalances in your brain and you're not alone , many have it undiagnosed .

I hate to admit it, but this best describes me.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Exactly! This happens to me often that I sometimes digress in thought to something not meaningful. It has affected my decision-making process that I sometimes find it difficult to make that unique final decision.
Then least is depression or ADHD. If you have hallucinations then you have schizophrenia.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Valnos:

Op, how much time do you spend on social media ?

Social media usage can cause such.
This is most certainly untrue.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by mozele(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
you are not alone bro. I'm also suffering the same fate too.

what fascinates me most is usually after writing CAs and Exams with colleagues hanging around discussing about what they wrote in the exam hall.

whenever I'm asked what I wrote or which questions I answered, I realize I'm always blank. like it's barely 3-5minutes I came out of the exam hall and I can't remember what I did.

The only thing i do remember is my inability to finish on time. As God will have it, I never had a carry over in the University and the least grade I've had all through are just 5Cs.

I know I may have brain problem and for the past 7years I've been too melancholic and often fall into series of depressions.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Kobojunkie: 3:14am On Jun 05, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong?

Please select which of the following also applies @OP
* aggression,
* excitability,
* fidgeting,
* hyperactivity,
* impulsivity,
* irritability,
* lack of restraint,
* or persistent repetition of words or actions
* absent-mindedness,
* difficulty focusing,
* forgetfulness,
* problem paying attention,
* or short attention span
* anger,
* anxiety,
* boredom,
* excitement,
* or mood swings
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please select which of the following also applies @OP
* aggression,
* excitability,
* fidgeting,
* hyperactivity,
* impulsivity,
* irritability,
* lack of restraint,
* or persistent repetition of words or actions
* absent-mindedness,
* difficulty focusing,
* forgetfulness,
* problem paying attention,
* or short attention span
* anger,
* anxiety,
* boredom,
* excitement,
* or mood swings

Mood swings
Forgetfulness
Excitement
Anxiety
Difficulty focusing
Absent-minded
Irritability
Boredom
Repetition of words/actions
Hyperactivity
Irritability
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Hardquy(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote]AdamsAbubakar

The problems u av is called oppentunium adsenslatus.... It is called by sumtin called lamentianusia esculiatiatus.

The only way to cure this is to find a Runs girl (use michat or codedruns or tinder) with over 20 years experience to give u a perfect BJ of your life... After ur first cum, ur life will b back to normal..

If it doesn't work,

Then give your life to Christ...... gringringringringringringrin[/quotejesus christ, this people mend o

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by joeemmy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Hardquy post=108210821][/quote] Please don't agree to this It will only worsten the situation
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Hardquy(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2022
joeemmy:

Please don't agree to this
It will only worsten the situation
Copy that

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth / India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.