Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. (590 Views)

Be Free From The Stigma Of Glaucoma, Retinitis Pigmentosa And Cataracts. / I Am Intersex/hermaphrodite. We Exist. Learn! / 4-Year-Old Child Who Was Born A Hermaphrodite In Ibadan, Oyo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
** You won't feel human anymore;. Ya i don't feel i belong to this world again, i know there are people like me but i rarely see them, almost everyone around me seems like a normal man or a normal woman. I feel so odd around people

*** Struggle to fit into society norms, to even find a relationship or a job; You will get rejected a lot because lot of people wouldn't know if they are dealing with a man or a woman. I don't even have any friends or hardly in a relationship with anyone .

*** Most of us don't have families; Its hard for most families to accept their intersex kids, most are rejected. I was also rejected, only my mother did care for me..

*** Bullying/discrimination/depression; Most of us are in higher risk of depression and suicidal rate. Society don't understand us, we are seen as a laughing stock, finding out you are neither a male or a female can make someone run into suicide or massive depression. Finding out you can't have kids is enough reason to die. You will keep thinking if anyone will love you or accept you this way. Life is a nightmare.

***You don't even feel man or woman enough ; When you compare yourselves to other binary men or women out there, you feel you don't fit in. Seeing other people having kids and you can't have, watching other people grow up into beautiful normal adults and seeing yourself looking like someone emerging out from a comic book. Even though you identify as a man or a woman, you will feel so low and unworthy of yourself..

****You will loose all interest in life; No watching of movies agian, no hanging around, no fun. Ya, i was one of the best in my school days, i got all the As, all the Bs, but who cares when they find out you are intersex?? World is too shallow. All they do is just feel pity for me and keep taking advantage of my intersex condition so i keep away from people and learn to deal with this unjust and unfair life alone. If i have enough money to normalize myself someday, i would do it for myself only not for anyone...
Re: How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. by ChelseaDr(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
Its not easy, you're already winning, just remain strong.

You are unique, just remain you and care less about what people do or say.

#Istandwithyou

1 Like

Re: How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
IntersexSherry:
** You won't feel human anymore;. Ya i don't feel i belong to this world again, i know there are people like me but i rarely see them, almost everyone around me seems like a normal man or a normal woman. I feel so odd around people

*** Struggle to fit into society norms, to even find a relationship or a job; You will get rejected a lot because lot of people wouldn't know if they are dealing with a man or a woman. I don't even have any friends or hardly in a relationship with anyone .

*** Most of us don't have families; Its hard for most families to accept their intersex kids, most are rejected. I was also rejected, only my mother did care for me..

*** Bullying/discrimination/depression; Most of us are in higher risk of depression and suicidal rate. Society don't understand us, we are seen as a laughing stock, finding out you are neither a male or a female can make someone run into suicide or massive depression. Finding out you can't have kids is enough reason to die. You will keep thinking if anyone will love you or accept you this way. Life is a nightmare.

***You don't even feel man or woman enough ; When you compare yourselves to other binary men or women out there, you feel you don't fit in. Seeing other people having kids and you can't have, watching other people grow up into beautiful normal adults and seeing yourself looking like someone emerging out from a comic book. Even though you identify as a man or a woman, you will feel so low and unworthy of yourself..

****You will loose all interest in life; No watching of movies agian, no hanging around, no fun. Ya, i was one of the best in my school days, i got all the As, all the Bs, but who cares when they find out you are intersex?? World is too shallow. All they do is just feel pity for me and keep taking advantage of my intersex condition so i keep away from people and learn to deal with this unjust and unfair life alone. If i have enough money to normalize myself someday, i would do it for myself only not for anyone...

The very poor, the very rich, the very wise, the really dim lights, the very famous, those that don't belong , people in high places, people in abject servitude, people of abnormal potential, people like yourself are very special kinds of people. About 0.01% of the population, uniquely chosen to experience the world like in a way that would elude most. They will be accepted in a way unlike most, rejected in a way unlike most, suffer in a way unlike most, live lavishly in a way unlike most, be celebrated in a way unlike most, forgotten in a way unlike most so that if you do not give up or give in you can have a story of praise not like any other for the Lord God who created you to bring glory to Himself alone.

2 Likes

Re: How It Feels Like To Be Intersex/hermaphrodite. The Stigma, Pain, Struggle. by yvelchstores(f): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
ONE THING WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT ONCE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, YOU DON'T NEED DRUGS, YOU DON'T NEED SEX, YOU DON'T NEED WHAT PEOPLE CRAVE TO HAVE YET YOU WILL Feel good about yourself and about life! Selah.

(1) (Reply)

CLOSED / Is My Baby Teething / Jujitsu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.