Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60393 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sagna112(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Enoch07: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
better tell them now because Las Las they will still know, so pls take that bold step and tell them now!!!

381 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Sisijetue(f): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
This matter strong gan
I doubt we go fit settle this one
Just find a way to tell them
Que sera sera

50 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Eazie351(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
ha!

this is hard but you have to realize that being a medical practitioner is a call.

.try to expand your horizons in other areas or you can choose to start again. ..do not kill yourself o

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sagna112(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
Enoch07:
better tell them now because Las Las they will still know, so pls take that bold step and tell them now!!!

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Eazie351(m): 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared
try to talk to a family member who can relay the message to him

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by othermen: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.

263 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Officialgarri: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
If you have passion for it, take Jamb and start again.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

849 Likes 49 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Are you in 300lvl or 100lvl?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by espn(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell them...Sooner or later they will find out...See life goes on...trust me they would rebuke you but as far as you know you tried your very best dont feel bad...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sagna112(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Are you in 300lvl or 100lvl?
100level

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sikiman: 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
If you have passion for it, take Jamb and start again.
[/s]
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

100level
I'm sorry it turned out this way. But you must forge ahead.
Most times, life doesn't go the way we plan.

If you were granted any other course, I'm sure your father would have still made those sacrifices. Inform them, they might be saddened a bit but I'm quite sure they will be the one to console you.
If you really want to study medicine, you can always reapply.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ayoncox: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
Beg your HOD for a repeat if it is possible.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

100level
take some steps upward to read my edited post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
if you tried your best then you have to let them know exactly that... and i am sure they will understand. what else can they do?

you didnt shame anyone...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Enoch07: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.
you're confusing

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by alphaRego01(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
Finally ur parents want nothing but the best for u unless am wrong .TELL THEM.NOTHING THE Bleep WILL HAPPEN..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by nurex01(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
sagna112:

. Don't tell them any lie(s). If you can't say it to them, look for an elderly person that has sense n narrate to him to help you explain to your parents. This is not the end of Life.
It doesn't mean you can't do it, it means you should try again.
Please, never think of commiting suicide. Let them know now.
God will be with you n Everyone of us. Aaamin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tell them now that it is fresh. They will still want the best for you and do their best for you to move on.
The longer you wait the harder it will be to tell them and the more disappointed they will be.
Not to mention the stressful life you will expose yourself to by pretending that all is well. It is not worth it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by QueenMarvella(f): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
You have to tell them sooner or later. And I would advise you to do that fast.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eagleeye259: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

Sagna112: Follow this advice and inform your parents ASAP. Think of the best time and way to inform them.

Amotolongbo: Great. Are you currently undertaking pupillage? Did you have to write some exams?

19 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by hidhrhis(m): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bro calm down
Drink a bottle of water or glass of milk
I don't drink alcohol that's why I said milk
Call your mum
Just say mum their is something I want to tell you
Then split the beans
I swear if u keep it from them I will help you list a 100 ways you will regret it
I cried and told my mom the first day I had sex though she was disappointed at least I got it out of my mind and since then I stopped
First and last time
So my brother do the right thing when everyone in this life condemn and neglect us in terms of trouble we still have God and our parent to save us
They are your parent
Is not like you impregnated someone

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by hidhrhis(m): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Bro calm down
Drink a bottle of water or glass of milk
I don't drink alcohol that's why I said milk
Call your mum
Just say mum their is something I want to tell you
Then split the beans
I swear if u keep it from them I will help you list a 100 ways you will regret it
I cried and told my mom the first day I had sex though she was disappointed at least I got it out of my mind and since then I stopped
First and last time
So my brother do the right thing when everyone in this life condemn and neglect us in Our time of trouble we still have God and our parent to save us
They are your parent
Is not like you impregnated someone

7 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MrEgghead(m): 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level
UNIBEN before now threw students out with one F.
My 100L was a bit tense...

13 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Period007(m): 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
U cannot be withdrawn after spending just a year and failing just one course.
I don't believe this ur story yet

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sageb: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

you have said it all. @op heed to this advice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by missimelda01(f): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
Wait, all this because of one course? Your school must be really strict.

You can tell your mom first since your dad is hypertensive, but be completely honest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by partnerinbiz4: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
so sorry about the incident. But it's better than being asked to go entirely. If you can supply airtime 5k to 10m, contact 0909--6--3-00200. Only serious persons please. We have an online presence even here on Nairaland with over 5366 positive feedback.May God heal us of covid19.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ODJ124(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Take heart bro. I feel your pains...
please ..inform your parents, but do it with wisdom.
wouldn't it be nice if you rewrite Jamb, use that free period after jamb and do some side hustles.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Instagram Slay Queen Spotted Teaching In A Secondary School In Delta (Photos) / Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools / Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.