Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region (19295 Views)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / £5,000 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Comes To A Nigerian, See Who / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Realzikkist(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
congrats to him, if only we gonna move past this tribalism first-hand nonsense, SMH

God bless him
God bless Igboland
God bless Nigeria
God bless Africa

2 Likes

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by adexeli(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
adexeli:
Well deserved for the young man.
It's a pity that we Nigerians are still stuck with proving our Tribal superiority, it's a shame to every tribe. Then we call other people racist,the height of hypocrisy itself. A man who knows he's great doesn't need to announce it it's others that would attest to that fact , results speak. As pitiable as it sound, we are not really ready for a turnaround in this Nation, our problem isn't our leaders but our mindset as a people.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by gwafaeziokwu: 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Congrats Ilo

Story telling is our turf no controversy.

From Literature to Nollywood

Igbo Amaka, e dey for blood

3 Likes

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by musa234(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
The fact is that the most brilliant Nigerian tribes are the igbos and the Yorubas....If only they can work together. If only

2 Likes

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by amuwo1980: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
If na rape and embezzlement we know the afons and the jihadist will lead the way. Decadent ppl
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by jeromestarks: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Niraland will never inform us when the competition kicks off only to announce the end of the competition. Some of us depends on this platform to inform us of things like this so that we can compete but nothing except irrelevant stories and endgames.

2 Likes

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by amuwo1980: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stomoney:
Wetin Hausa's sabi sef

Stealing government funds and violence and subterfuge
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by HoliMaree: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
Which day will a Northerner win a literary award?
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
He seems the youngest too. grin
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Finnese001: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stomoney:
Wetin Hausa's sabi sef

make we tell amgrin
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by nextdoor84(m): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
The Igbos are giant when it comes to literature and storytelling! No tribe can contest that.
From the legendary Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Chimamanda Adichie etc...the list is infinito.

God bless you guys jare!
You guys are a blessing to the black race.
Ignore the haters.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by kasim155: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
Congratulations to d winner for making Naija proud.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by kasim155: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2020
HoliMaree:
Which day will a Northerner win a literary award?

Hahahahahhahaaha dem dey come for u. Lol
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by HoliMaree: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
kasim155:

Hahahahahhahaaha dem dey come for u. Lol

grin grin Boss na lie I talk?

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

Cc sammy07 grin cheesy Igbo Amaka , ogwashi ukwu Amaka cool
You are not from Ogwashi Uku. Challenge me and I'll expose you.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
musa234:
The fact is that the most brilliant Nigerian tribes are the igbos and the Yorubas....If only they can work together. If only
Can two work together if they do not agree? Asked the holy book.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by mexbee1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
post=90275793:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/artsbooks/395931-nigerian-writer-wins-2020-commonwealth-short-story-prize-for-african-region.html

Igbo Amaka!!!

Contact us for all your solar Photovoltaic Electrification projects, Sales, supply and installation of Security/CCTV, PABX intercomm and ICT solutions. We deliver 100% quality service and assurring you nothing but the best.
Email: info@dexterengserv Web:www.dexterengserv.com
Phone number : 08056758528, 09018865761
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
You are not from Ogwashi Uku. Challenge me and I'll expose you.
Lolz who is this one grin cheesy grin cheesy please go behind me grin cheesy I don't have your time bye grin

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by mickelkingz(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nice one
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Lolz who is this one grin cheesy grin cheesy please go behind me grin cheesy I don't have your time bye grin
Ok, I thought you'll prove strong head.
You willingly and fearfully admitted to the fact that you're nothing but a stranger to Ogwashi kingdom. Bye!
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Amudeneogu: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
CHIZARAM EKPERE (GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYER) CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Ok, I thought you'll prove strong head.
You willingly and fearfully admitted to the fact that you're nothing but a stranger to Ogwashi kingdom. Bye!
Attention seeker grin cheesy every dick want to ride on influential Nwanyiogwashi to become popular on nairaland grin cheesy but anyone who want to ride on influential Nwanyiogwashi must pay grin this is my last reply for you grin
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by excel4us: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=entreprelaptop post=90277020]Nya kpotu ba

I hear you!
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by excel4us: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amudeneogu:
CHIZARAM EKPERE (GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYER) CONGRATULATIONS

Amen
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by mu2sa2: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
"IGBO AMAKA" should be added to the National Anthem biko, we are making Nigeria proud both home and abroad
Hahaha, I thought you would say biafra anthem, but I was wrong. Congrats mr Ilo! God bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by micfoley: 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
What a wonderful achievement. Congratulations
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Attention seeker grin cheesy every dick want to ride on influential Nwanyiogwashi to become popular on nairaland grin cheesy but anyone who want to ride on influential Nwanyiogwashi must pay grin this is my last reply for you grin
Influential my foot, who made you influential? Where and how did you become influential?
You're nothing but a proper attention seeker defined, claiming what you are not wouldn't make you popular or "influential" as you wished.
You're a nobody.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Kolenda(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ilo Innocent, FGC Okigwe is proud of you. I am proud of you!! A very big congrats to you.. You've always had it in you..

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Jesusjudy: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
there is something about Nigerians that gives me hope.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Igbos are making us proud.
It can only be an Igbo man, Igbo Amaka.

As long as you are a tribalist, I assure you the fetters that hold you bound will never be taken away.
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by KingRabota: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Undiluted and Unadulterated Fact

BeautifulWoman:
Nigerians don't read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TRANSFORMING: The New Lycan / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / LETHAL SEDUCTION //An Erotica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.