Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

How To Walk By Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Walk By Faith (201 Views)

Book Of Galatians (The "Righteous" Shall Live by Faith) / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Walk By Faith by nencounter10: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
This piece teaches how a believer can walk by faith.

FAITH DEFINED
Three valid definitions of faith are shown here

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is heart assuarance.

Faith is the response of the human spirit to God's word.

ORIGIN OF FAITH

Every child of God receives a measure of faith at the new birth.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

The more a child of God hears God's word, the more his faith grows.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

WHAT IT MEANS TO WALK BY FAITH

To walk by faith means to live every day based on the testimony of God's word rather than that of the five senses.
It means to live every day based on the testimony of God's word rather that the testimony of the circumstances.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

HOW TO WALK BY FAITH

1. Study the word of God regularly

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2. Meditate on the word of God regularly.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

3. Give verbal expression to your faith regularly.

It is not enough to believe in your heart.It is
also necessary to speak your faith with you mouth.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

4. Carry out actions that correspond with your faith

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

5. Be patient while your faith is busy creating what it spoke.

Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

AMPLIFIED
Hebrews 6:12
[12]In order that you may not grow disinterested and become [spiritual] sluggards, but imitators, behaving as do those who through faith (by their leaning of the entire personality on God in Christ in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness) and by practice of patient endurance and waiting are [now] inheriting the promises.

Faith alone cannot inherit the promise. It takes faith and patience to inherit the promise.

6. Stand fast in faith

To stand for fast in faith means to remain steadfast in faith inspite of contradictory sense evidence.

Habakkuk 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

That's it. How to walk by faith.
Re: How To Walk By Faith by Harllaby: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
The most important one Jesus spoke about you didn't write it down.
James 1 vs 22: GNT "Do not deceive yourselves by just listening to his word; instead, put it into practice". Unfortunately, Nigerians christians doesn't follow Practical biblical principles but instead dwell on wishful thought. Lets keep balance between faith and work (being practical) cheer
Re: How To Walk By Faith by nencounter10: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Harllaby:
The most important one Jesus spoke about you didn't write it down.
James 1 vs 22: GNT "Do not deceive yourselves by just listening to his word; instead, put it into practice". Unfortunately, Nigerians christians doesn't follow Practical biblical principles but instead dwell on wishful thought. Lets keep balance between faith and work (being practical) cheer

Thanks for your input.

(1) (Reply)

Success Saturday Damilola Mike-bamiloye / (12). Your Dreams Could Be The Cause Of Your Problems. / Seek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.