Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? (2793 Views)

Why Are Phone's Screens Now Costly? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria / Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Eyie5: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
I went to the market to try and get a phone today. The prices i met ehn, i wont even advice anybody to buy a phone right now. Camon 12 air i bought in december at 42k is now 50k. Infinix hot 8 i bought in january at 40k is now 48. What's happening?
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Stylish186(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
why will you be buying tecno and infinix phones

4 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by ubev01(m): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stylish186:
who all you grin
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Stylish186(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
ubev01:
who all you grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Eyie5: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2020
That's not the answer to the question i asked you sir

2 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by YxCEc2kUDRp2RWy: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
Stylish186:
This post has transsion promotion written all over it

13 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by ShunTecnoInfinix: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
emancipate yourselves from transsion slavery angry

For Redmi so love Nigeria that he gave us excellent devices, that whosoever buy him shall not experience mediocrity(transsion) but experience excellence.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Vyzz: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
I bought my redmi 8a 45k
Money wey I for the use dey I redmi note 7 or even redmi 8 sha

But the phone still the deliver
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Postboiswag(m): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Vyzz:
I bought my redmi 8a 45k
Money wey I for the use dey I redmi note 7 or even redmi 8 sha

But the phone still the deliver

For where?
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Vyzz: 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
Postboiswag:

For where?

St Michael's
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by seanwilliam(m): 2:26am On Jun 04, 2020
Eyie5:
I went to the market to try and get a phone today. The prices i met ehn, i wont even advice anybody to buy a phone right now. Camon 12 air i bought in december at 42k is now 50k. Infinix hot 8 i bought in january at 40k is now 48. What's happening?
iPhone 11 of 220 don reach 350 oooo... na to wait till September there about

3 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by olisaEze(m): 2:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Another 'transsion' post sighted! grin
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by SavageMaster: 4:00am On Jun 04, 2020
Eyie5:

Price of Naira to dollar has increased.

In effect, the people selling the phones now spend more to buy them; so they have to increase the price too

2 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Totosweetdie(f): 6:29am On Jun 04, 2020
Eyie5:
That money would get you a good Nokia from JumiaThank Me later
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by festwiz(m): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2020
The Nigerian Naira has lost so much value, from 365 to about 400 and since devices are not manufactured locally and are shipped in from various countries that sell to us at dollar rates, the local prices will exponentially go up as well.

They are at still the same price at launch or even less, but are now more expensive because of the exchange rate.

8 Likes

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Shukusheka(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2020
What is current inflation rate in Nigeria now, what is dollar rate to Naira? That's you answer.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by AngryIgboMan: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2020
Stylish186:

And why shouldn't he buy one? undecided undecided undecided

Is it your money?

Why can't yall take that stupidd Xiaomi you guys normally market and throw it in the bin?

Use your useless xiaomi and allow Teno users to enjoy their transsion in peace.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Stylish186(m): 11:33am On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

Is it your money?

Why can't yall take that stupidd Xiaomi you guys normally market and throw it in the bin?

Carry your frustration go jare #LivingInBondage
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by edoairways: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=ShunTecnoInfinix post=90282423]emancipate yourselves from transsion slavery angry

For Redmi so love Nigeria that he gave us excellent devices, that whosoever buy him shall not experience mediocrity(transsion) but experience excellence.[
/quote]
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by edoairways: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2020
festwiz:
The Nigerian Naira has lost so much value, from 365 to about 400 and since devices are not manufactured locally and are shipped in from various countries that sell to us at dollar rates, the local prices will exponentially go up as well.

They are at still the same price at launch or even less, but are now more expensive because of the exchange rate.
That is why
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by All4real2: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
ShunTecnoInfinix:
emancipate yourselves from transsion slavery angry

For Redmi so love Nigeria that he gave us excellent devices, that whosoever buy him shall not experience mediocrity(transsion) but experience excellence.
why is it dat u always jump in each time phone is mentioned on nairaland with your redimi or whatever must evry body buy redimi because you like it don't people have choice anymore since you are so proud of redimi invariably you are telling us that you can't afford a beter phone other than redimi and in as much as you can't afford good phone u should as well park yourself one side and stop exhibiting your high level of ignorance in public

1 Like

Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by ShunTecnoInfinix: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
All4real2:
why is it dat u always jump in each time phone is mentioned on nairaland with your redimi or whatever must evry body buy redimi because you like it don't people have choice anymore since you are so proud of redimi invariably you are telling us that you can't afford a beter phone other than redimi and in as much as you can't afford good phone u should as well park yourself one side and stop exhibiting your high level of ignorance in public
K

Que Sera Sera cool
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by DrinkWater10: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Vyzz:

St Michael's
Name of the store please.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Nova1988(m): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

Is it your money?

Look at you. You cannot even spell tecno grin
*Spits*
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
All4real2:

dont mind them, they are marketers. most of them have been paid by xiaomi so they have to do their job.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by lilachiever(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fokosobo:

dont mind them, they are marketers. most of them have been paid by xiaomi so they have to do their job.

Lol, let Transsion keep using your head...

I hated Transsion even before the days of Xiaomi as I am an advocate of getting value for money which Transsion is the direct opposite.

Mind you, I've never used Xiaomi, I've been a user of Umidigi for about 2 years now. Previously used low end Samsung and BB phones prior to Umidigi
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
lilachiever:

Lol, let Transsion keep using your head...

I hated Transsion even before the days of Xiaomi as I am an advocate of getting value for money which Transsion is the direct opposite.

Mind you, I've never used Xiaomi, I've been a user of Umidigi for about 2 years now. Previously used low end Samsung and BB phones prior to Umidigi

I don't use Transsion products, i use Samsung . But i have observed that xiaomi fanboys always jump from thread to thread to advertise their phones and rubbish other brands.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by edoairways: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fokosobo:

I don't use Transsion products, i use Samsung . But i have observed that xiaomi fanboys always jump from thread to thread to advertise their phones and rubbish other brands.
They have been constituting nuisance on nairaland these days. There is no day they don't create anti tecno thread or derail techno's thread.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Vyzz: 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
DrinkWater10:
Name of the store please.

I can't remember bro
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Eyie5:

Exchange rate.
Re: Please Why Are Phone Prices On A Hike? by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Stylish186:

Why not?
Fokosobo:

You'll see them acting every other phone brand threads.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome My New Realme Gtneo 256GB Rom +12 GB Ram 5G / Help For Dstv Secret Codes / Viber! A Free Calling And Messaging Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.