Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? (5368 Views)

How Time Flies. Tecno Mobile Share #10yearschallenge / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / Tecno Mobile First Full-screen Display Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Why didn't you say Transsion Holdings devices are better off?

undecided undecided
They are better off since that what you want to see. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Why do they make substandard fones and also go at length to lie about it?
Why do millions still buy inspite of your propaganda?

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Because millions are not enlightened

I don't see why you're against our enlightening them

3 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2020
ArticleBeast:
Why are Xiaomi fan boys wailing for weeks now? You all are in the Chinko whatsapp group. Please settle yourselves in China and stop disturbing us
I taya my broda.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Because millions are not enlightened

I don't see why you're against our enlightening them
They are enlightened but you choose to paint tecno bad.

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

They are enlightened but you choose to paint tecno bad.

We don't need to paint Tecno bad cause they already did it to themselves when they lied about their products

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

We don't need to paint Tecno bad cause they already did it to themselves when they lied about their products
You are painting them bad period

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 11:54am On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

You are painting them bad period

Answer this and I'll leave them be

Companies that lie about the products they produce in other to deceive the public into buying the said products (Common Law Fraud)

will you agree that those companies are bad?

Answer to the bolded bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by losdiose(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Lol

I am not into spreading propaganda

Dem say Garri no need advert

I am still using my Infinix S5 tho, only waiting for my brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s to arrive.

The thing is, I don't think anyone is spreading propaganda.

The criticism is actually good, it helps development but in this case Transsion chose to hold Nigerians cos of their ignorance.

My choice for Xiaomi is not cos someone made me to it is wholly from my own research.

By the times those millions u quoted see the light just as I did mine. Lemme reserve my comments on what you know will happen.

The best you can do is to advice Transsion to upgrade and produce great mobile devices just like others.

No one actually criticizes something good

4 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Lol

I am still using my Infinix S5 tho, only waiting for my brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s to arrive.

The criticism is actually good, it helps development but in this case Transsion chose to hold Nigerians cos of their ignorance.

My choice for Xiaomi is not cos someone made me to it is wholly from my own research.

By the times those millions u quoted see the light just as I did mine. Lemme reserve my comments on what you know will happen.

The best you can do is to advice Transsion to upgrade and produce great mobile devices just like others.

your last paragraph says it all

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by ShunTecnoInfinix: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Lol

aptly written cool

Choose Redmi Choose Freedom cool
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Answer this and I'll leave them be

Companies that lie about the products they produce in other to deceive the public into buying the said products (Common Law Fraud)

will you agree that those companies are bad?

Answer to the bolded bro
Do they force any to buy?
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Do they force any to buy?

really this is your reply?

if truly you are a Marketer you're doing a very bad job of it with this unintelligent excuse of a reply

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

really this is your reply?

if you truly you are a Marketer you're doing a very bad job of it with this unintelligent excuse of a reply
Do I look like a marketer to you? How many times have you seen me downgrade a brand even when they have flaws?
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Spy360(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nova1988:
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT

Tecno mobile is one of the biggest mobile phone brands in Nigeria. They, along with Infinix and Itel, make up Transsion Holdings.

Some people however have reservations about the quality of their products, with some questioning the longevity of the phone, as well as other issues such as lagging, heating et cetera.

However, I am concerned with something different. It has to do with one of the phone's recent models, and some of it's specifications. Let's take a look at the Tecno Camon 15 pro.

As said earlier, this is not an advertisement, but a post that scrutinizes the quality of a certain product.

The Camon 15 Pro, unveiled in early April along with the Camon 15, is one of Tecno's flagship phones. The phone has got some nice specs, including a RAM of about 6GB and battery of 5000MaH. But I would like to focus on the camera and the processor

The Camon 15 pro is said to have a rear camera of 48MP. Cool, right?

Well, here's the problem.

The phone is powered by Mediatek Helio P35 processor. But according to mediatek; "The MediaTek Helio P35 allows up to a 13+13MP dual camera system that’s backed by a hardware depth engine that enables a dual-camera smartphone that can capture professional-grade Depth of Field (Bokeh) effects in stunning photos. A single camera mode of up to 25MP with simulated bokeh effects is supported also."

So basically, MTK Helio P35 allows a real. Camera of up to 13MP + 13MP, or a single camera mode of 25MP. How is it, then, that the Camon 15 Pro, which runs on this processor, is billed as having a back camera of 48MP?

Are Tecno overblowing the capabilities of the Camon 15 pro's back camera? Or is it that maybe just one of the lens is working?

Have Tecno mobile been deceiving Nigerians?

Techno devices are cheap. Why?
Techno uses outdated processors. So technically techno users are enjoying technology that used to be the trending.

A techno flagship phone in 2020 was a say HTC flagship in 2017/18

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
directonpc:
Good to be back from a very long ban

oooooh!
shocked
directonpc:
Good to be back from a very long ban

oooooh!
Ban ke?
And you get mind come back!
wonders no go end 4 naija!
Abi u dey collect salary here??
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Do I look like a marketer to you? How many times have you seen me downgrade a brand even when they have flaws?

in other words we should praise their flaws
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

in other words we should praise their flaws
In other words you should stay clear
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:
In other words you should stay clear
you dense bro
I'm here for the truth so you have to get used to seeing me around

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by AngryIgboMan: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lol.... But the Camon 15 I bought for my cousin is functioning superbly and does not lag.

If you go to all the markets in Nigeria, who knows Xiaomi?

The average Nigerian is still interested in his or her Tecno.

Nairaland is very small compared to millions of devices Tecno is selling everyday.

If not for Tecno, the likes of Samsung and Iphone will not let us hear word. Tecno guaranteed that Nigerians will enjoy new phones at cheaper rate.

Half of what a samsung phone can do, the average Nigerian can never finish accessing it in a lifetime. So why pay heavily to buy it?

The basic things a phone can do, Tecno has it covered.

Why xiaomi fanboys are on Nairaland ranting like angry menstruating ladies, Tecno is paying for adverts and selling devices.

Only the wizkid advert on Nairaland frontoage is enough to reach millions of Nigerians. If xiaomi is so good, why don't they pay for advertising slot? undecided undecided

Oh... Let me guess...

They don't have a real presence in Nigeria undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

you dense bro

I'm here for the truth so you have to get used to seeing me around
Then you have to get use to me
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by directonpc(m): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
nniero11:

oooooh!
shocked

oooooh!
Ban ke?
And you get mind come back!
wonders no go end 4 naija!
Abi u dey collect salary here??
Yeah! NL helps with my hustle.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:
Then you have to get use to me
that shouldn't be a problem
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Ekemeze: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Lol.... But the Camon 15 I bought for my cousin is functioning superbly and does not lag.

Nairaland is very small compared to millions of devices Tecno is selling everyday.

If not for Tecno, the likes of Samsung and Iphone will not let us hear word. Tecno guaranteed that Nigerians will enjoy new phones at cheaper rate.

Half of what a samsung phone can do, the average Nigerian can never finish accessing it in a lifetime. So why pay heavily to buy it?

Why xiaomi fanboys are on Nairaland ranting like angry menstruating ladies, Tecno is paying for adverts and selling devices.

Only the wizkid advert on Nairaland frontoage is enough to reach millions of Nigerians. If xiaomi is so good, why don't they pay for advertising slot? undecided undecided

Oh... Let me guess...

Ring it to their ears. Those xiaomi fans couldn't afford android way back in 2013.

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by TrollKiller(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Ring it to their ears. Those xiaomi fans couldn't afford android way back in 2013.
Are we still in 2013?? shocked

Don't be an idiot grin

By the way, tecno was in the smartphone game before xiaomi but look at xiaomi now. Quality always beats quantity in the international stage. If your phones are so cheap and affordable for their specs, why isn't the world market rushing to buy them? Everybody likes affordable goods.

Local champion way them day beat.

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by lilachiever(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Kiss the truth. Am presently using the so called xiaomi, am disappointed at the camera

Walahi, this one wey you u yarn so na lie.

You were even comparing Xiaomi Camera to Samsung camera, abeg which device will you compare it's camera with that of any Transsion product's own?

My brother, Dem don brainwash you...
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
TrollKiller:

Are we still in 2013?? shocked

Don't be an idiot grin

By the way, tecno was in the smartphone game before xiaomi but look at xiaomi now. Quality always beats quantity in the international stage. If your phones are so cheap and affordable for their specs, why isn't the world market rushing to buy them? Everybody likes affordable goods.

Local champion way them day beat.
Still tecno is the king in Nigeria. Xiaomi is a strange name to many Nigerians. Many Nigerians on the street don't know that name. Some mistake it for Naomi of the bible

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
lilachiever:

Walahi, this one wey you u yarn so na lie.

You were even comparing Xiaomi Camera to Samsung camera, abeg which device will you compare it's camera with that of any Transsion product's own?

My brother, Dem don brainwash you...
Non be lie at all. The camera is terrible I must say. Of what use is that phone when it can't snap clear picture at night inspite of the hyper all over the internet.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by lilachiever(m): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

Oh... Let me guess...

Bros eh, this is not Uber thread oh, this is phone section and surely you can never win here. if you like write epistle.

Xiaomi is relatively new in Nigeria but they offer way better than your Tecno and Infinix does at a better price even.

Transsion has been in Nigeria as far back as 2012 and that's why their hold on the smartphone market is so high.

Xiaomi doesn't even need to spend much on marketing the snatch the ground from Transsion's feet, those who use their products and see how it's way better than Transsion products will become Xiaomi Marketing Army (at zero cost to Xiaomi)

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by lilachiever(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Non be lie at all. The camera is terrible I must say. Of what use is that phone when it can't snap clear picture at night inspite of the hyper all over the internet.

Lol, maybe you no Sabi snap...

Go to Mobile Photography Thread and see pictures taken by Xiaomi phones, you'd mistaken some to be taken by DSLR camera.

Xiaomi is King, Umidigi is the Right-Hand man.

#ShunTranssion

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
lilachiever:

Lol, maybe you no Sabi snap...

Go to Mobile Photography Thread and see pictures taken by Xiaomi phones, you'd mistaken some to be taken by DSLR camera.

Xiaomi is King, Umidigi is the Right-Hand man.

#ShunTranssion
i didn't snap but a friend of mine did. He was so ashamed of himself after i laught out so loud. He was hyping xiaomi by telling me it is the best. I had long left tecno for samsung but xiaomi is disappointing. When i thought of buying xiaomi only to see poor camera at night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Downgrade Your Blackberry 10 Devices Using Autoloader / Can You Burn 1 Terabyte Of Data In A Year / Service Disruptions With Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.