Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? (5362 Views)

How Time Flies. Tecno Mobile Share #10yearschallenge / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / Tecno Mobile First Full-screen Display Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
xiaomi note 8 pro is manageable
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Lol.... But the Camon 15 I bought for my cousin is functioning superbly and does not lag.

If you go to all the markets in Nigeria, who knows Xiaomi?

The average Nigerian is still interested in his or her Tecno.

Nairaland is very small compared to millions of devices Tecno is selling everyday.

If not for Tecno, the likes of Samsung and Iphone will not let us hear word. Tecno guaranteed that Nigerians will enjoy new phones at cheaper rate.

Half of what a samsung phone can do, the average Nigerian can never finish accessing it in a lifetime. So why pay heavily to buy it?

The basic things a phone can do, Tecno has it covered.

Why xiaomi fanboys are on Nairaland ranting like angry menstruating ladies, Tecno is paying for adverts and selling devices.

Only the wizkid advert on Nairaland frontoage is enough to reach millions of Nigerians. If xiaomi is so good, why don't they pay for advertising slot? undecided undecided

Oh... Let me guess...

They don't have a real presence in Nigeria undecided undecided

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-marketing-strategy-behind-Xiaomi-mobiles-No-one-has-seen-a-single-commercial-of-Xiaomi-How-did-it-become-familiar-How-did-they-promote

Arghyadeep Kundu
Using Xiaomi since 2015
Answered
April 24, 2016

Originally Answered: What is the marketing strategy behind "Xiaomi" mobiles?

3.4K views · View Upvoters 6

Since most people have given an elaborate answer, I'll keep my answer short and crisp.

Xiaomi doesn't believe in advertising. They rely on the word of people. My friend convinced me to buy a Xiaomi not some advertisements on the television. When I made my mind and started researching in Quora about Xiaomi, trust me, I didn't get a single bad review about them except for their after sales service.

Xiaomi wants to be the next Apple. So they brought a heavily redesigned OS MIUI based on Android. MIUI comes with a lot of extra features, enhanced security and much more. My mother's Samsung On7 lies way behind my Redmi Note 3 when it comes to functionality even though both have similar specs and runs on Android Lollipop.

And lastly, Xiaomi sell their latest devices in flash sales. First they generate a hype enough to make the people go crazy to lay their hands on the device.

Then they bring in flash sales. This keeps the demand up for there are only limited products and there is a huge number of consumers waiting for it eagerly.

Hope this helps !

this is from an Indian user so no need playing the Xiaomi marketer card

Xiaomi don't need to endorse the biggest stars on the Continent to sell their products, same way iPhone don't need advertising

9 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
This is what I have done personally, adding to the awareness I am creating off and online.
I have at least 3 persons waiting to buy the redmi note 9, these persons where interested in the camon 15 premier, infinix s5 pro and infinix note 7, respectively.
These persons were using Transission devices before.
I have at least four persons interested in the redmi 9 series.
I am personally buying the redmi 9 for a friend, I am getting the redmi 9c with nfc for myself; just to see how a lowend device with nfc works like.
When these persons go about with their xiaomi devices, be sure there will be total disruption in smartphone market and Transission will be completely swept out.

I agree this move is slow, driving the awareness will take a while. But be sure the desired effect will be achieved.
Considering one of these two 5G device.. Redmi 10x and Huawei x10.

4 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by sirmyke: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
U know nothing about tech so just stop posting
Cus method of processing also matter take pipe lining. For example
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jerryojozy:
Ever since I got this device, I now understand how a device should function smoothly without lagging. Bye to transion wahala.
Hey bro.
How much did u get dis and when pls? cool

Hope my questions aren't too much lol
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Ademolaaderemi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
I dont believe that, cos I believe in their products alot
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by sunshineV(f): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ekemeze:

exactly why I am always following threads like this. Nigerians are in deep shit

true talk bro.... there's nothing like "we like it like that" we all wish to pay 5k and get iphone 11 performance that's just how it is but we can only get value for our money not paying 5k and get 3k value instead

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by chariisGRACE(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Still tecno is the king in Nigeria. Xiaomi is a strange name to many Nigerians. Many Nigerians on the street don't know that name. Some mistake it for Naomi of the bible

Exactly what a brand that was revered by all, the almighty Nokia felt like, but look where they are today, struggling in the smartphone market because they knew what to do but the "We own the market" mentality they had then has kept them where they are today.

If Nokia had shifted from java to Android earlier I tell you, no phone brand for near them. but this same mentality is what Transsion is flirting with.

And at bolded. Who knew about Transsion, LG, etc. when Nokia was Nokia? Time will tell.
#AskBlackberry

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
chariisGRACE:
[/b]

Exactly what a brand that was revered by all, the almighty Nokia felt like, but look where they are today, struggling in the smartphone market because they knew what to do but the "We own the market" mentality they had then has kept them where they are today.

If Nokia had shifted from java to Android earlier I tell you, no phone brand for near them. but this same mentality is what Transsion is flirting with.

And at bolded. Who knew about Transsion, LG, etc. when Nokia was in Nokia? Time will tell.
#AskBlackberry

There was a paradigm shift in technology which nokia reluctantly fail to acknowledge. Blackberry lost out because they were not innovative enough couple with the fact that they allowed their most treasured messenger on other platforms. If there is a shift in Operating System, other phone vendors will loose should they stick to the old ones. Tecno understand the Nigerian market so well that is why they keep producing new products to meet the needs of so many Nigerians. What other brands should do to shake them is to create proper enlightenment( not tarnishing image like i see on this platform) on tv, radios, social media etc. It bit my imagination that xiaomi are stingy. They are not doing enough to enlighten the public rather they rely on social media. Social media alone doesn't push your products. They should more sales outlets because they too sluggish for my liken
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-marketing-strategy-behind-Xiaomi-mobiles-No-one-has-seen-a-single-commercial-of-Xiaomi-How-did-it-become-familiar-How-did-they-promote

Arghyadeep Kundu
Using Xiaomi since 2015
Answered
April 24, 2016

Originally Answered: What is the marketing strategy behind "Xiaomi" mobiles?

3.4K views · View Upvoters 6

Since most people have given an elaborate answer, I'll keep my answer short and crisp.

Xiaomi doesn't believe in advertising. They rely on the word of people. My friend convinced me to buy a Xiaomi not some advertisements on the television. When I made my mind and started researching in Quora about Xiaomi, trust me, I didn't get a single bad review about them except for their after sales service.

Xiaomi wants to be the next Apple. So they brought a heavily redesigned OS MIUI based on Android. MIUI comes with a lot of extra features, enhanced security and much more. My mother's Samsung On7 lies way behind my Redmi Note 3 when it comes to functionality even though both have similar specs and runs on Android Lollipop.

And lastly, Xiaomi sell their latest devices in flash sales. First they generate a hype enough to make the people go crazy to lay their hands on the device.

Then they bring in flash sales. This keeps the demand up for there are only limited products and there is a huge number of consumers waiting for it eagerly.

Hope this helps !

this is from an Indian user so no need playing the Xiaomi marketer card

Xiaomi don't need to endorse the biggest stars on the Continent to sell their products, same way iPhone don't need advertising
That a strategy worked in a country doesn't mean it will work here
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Edopesin: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:
That a strategy worked in a country doesn't mean it will work here
but it is working here

3 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Edopesin:

but it is working here
It is not effective if na lie as Sterling bank the one customer bank.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Chubbyface: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Of course you are living a comfortable life but stop the ranting. I was enjoying your enlightenment of xiaomi on threads created but coming to every thread to rant about tecno shows your ulterior motive. No matter how you paint or say it, it doesn't change anything
the way they take it upon there selves to demarket transsion ehn, covering it up under the umbrella of "enlightenment"... One would know they're up to something. I thought I was the only one that noticed it
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Chubbyface: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Why do they make substandard fones and also go at length to lie about it?
have you used a tecno phone before ? If you haven't experienced it personally, I don't think you're in the right position to say whether they lied about the specs or not
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by ShunTecnoInfinix: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chubbyface:
have you used a tecno phone before ? If you haven't experienced it personally, I don't think you're in the right position to say whether they lied about the specs or not
google is your friend bro, kindly tell me 1 Tecno device wey you feel say good and I will give you 10 reason why its trash

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Chubbyface: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
When you try to educate this fool about transsion device they w on the wouldn't listen because they are blinded by storage and ram of transion.

I beg una no like better things?
you call that educate? who listens when abusive words are used ?

1 Like

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chubbyface:
the way they take it upon there selves to demarket transsion ehn, covering it up under the umbrella of "enlightenment"... One would know they're up to something. I thought I was the only one that noticed it
Yeah! I know their tactics very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
The reason why am not even concern again about the bashing and abuse over Tecno phones is because "the street of internet" is different from "the street of reality", I can boldly say that more people are aware of tecno phones and more people are using Tecno phones than other brands.

What their competitors can do is to create more awareness and improve their marketing strategy than always attacking them with negativity.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chubbyface:
you call that educate? who listens when abusive words are used ?
At first they fire you for trying to make them understand that transsion is no good. That's why I called them fools they argue with you when they know nothing.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by losdiose(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
Chubbyface:

Good question that requires polite answer(s).

Yes, I have use all mobile devices under Transsion Holdings.

I am currently using Infinix X652A 6/128gb variant.

So you should know, I was an Infinix freak. Between January 2019 to January 2020, I have bought 4 Infinix devices. All these happened cos I thought that I knew about mobile devices. I know better now.

So, do not think that everyone that comes up to criticize is a troll cos that's what I perceived the content of your comment to be.

I am criticizing Transsion so that they can once again be that brand I once loved.

#peace

5 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by losdiose(m): 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
Lol.... But the Camon 15 I bought for my cousin is functioning superbly and does not lag.

If you go to all the markets in Nigeria, who knows Xiaomi?

The average Nigerian is still interested in his or her Tecno.

Nairaland is very small compared to millions of devices Tecno is selling everyday.

If not for Tecno, the likes of Samsung and Iphone will not let us hear word. Tecno guaranteed that Nigerians will enjoy new phones at cheaper rate.

Half of what a samsung phone can do, the average Nigerian can never finish accessing it in a lifetime. So why pay heavily to buy it?

The basic things a phone can do, Tecno has it covered.

Why xiaomi fanboys are on Nairaland ranting like angry menstruating ladies, Tecno is paying for adverts and selling devices.

Only the wizkid advert on Nairaland frontoage is enough to reach millions of Nigerians. If xiaomi is so good, why don't they pay for advertising slot? undecided undecided

Oh... Let me guess...

They don't have a real presence in Nigeria undecided undecided

This is funny cos I smirked while I was reading.

Nigerians will also be Nigerians, or even worse

I don't know about others, I believe some of us criticizing Transsion were once users. It's not cos we hate the company, we only want them to make better devices that fits the bill.

Go check most mid-range phones out their, Transsion devices cannot go head-to-head with even the ones that we haven't even heard of their names before.

Nigerians are not tech savvy, that's why you still see em trooping to get the devices. They are only interested in camera, RAM, ROM size and battery. They do not care if the processor the device was made with can actually run the said camera.

What I'mma even saying, the sales reps at Transsion phone stores do not even know anything about the devices they are marketing. There own is to tell prospective buyers about how big the aforementioned features are.

The enlightened one know what is good and they good for it.

Let's all stop this cold war of words

Do your own research and make your choice

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Sunkanmiwise:
The reason why am not even concern again about the bashing and abuse over Tecno phones is because "the street of internet" is different from "the street of reality", I can boldly say that more people are aware of tecno phones and more people are using Tecno phones than other brands.

What their competitors can do is to create more awareness and improve their marketing strategy than always attacking them with negativity.
God bless you for this. This is what I have been saying all this while
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Sam2310(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
ShunTecnoInfinix:
he is not ranting angry he is speaking up so the ignorant ones don't fall victim of transsion mediocre devices. cool
he know.
Na samsung he self dey use instead of transsion.
Who no like better thing. grin
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by losdiose(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

i didn't snap but a friend of mine did. He was so ashamed of himself after i laught out so loud. He was hyping xiaomi by telling me it is the best. I had long left tecno for samsung but xiaomi is disappointing. When i thought of buying xiaomi only to see poor camera at night

Please stop already

Your lies are even afraid of the lies you are telling.

4 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
losdiose:

Please stop already

Oga na true no need to sugarcoat it.
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Sam2310(m): 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
edoairways:

Oga na true no need to sugarcoat it.
a Huawei user say I

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Jerryojozy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ilovebigboobs:

Hey bro.
How much did u get dis and when pls? cool

Hope my questions aren't too much lol
I got it 72k, that's was April, 2020
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
directonpc:
Yeah! NL helps with my hustle.
I SEE BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE UPON YOU BRO!
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by directonpc(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
nniero11:

I SEE BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE UPON YOU BRO!
ameen oo
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Jemerson: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sunkanmiwise:

Xiaomi do not need to market their phones
Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by Jemerson: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
losdiose:

Please stop already

Don't mind him.

2 Likes

Re: Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? by edoairways: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
This is what I have done personally, adding to the awareness I am creating off and online.
I have at least 3 persons waiting to buy the redmi note 9, these persons where interested in the camon 15 premier, infinix s5 pro and infinix note 7, respectively.
These persons were using Transission devices before.
I have at least four persons interested in the redmi 9 series.
I am personally buying the redmi 9 for a friend, I am getting the redmi 9c with nfc for myself; just to see how a lowend device with nfc works like.
When these persons go about with their xiaomi devices, be sure there will be total disruption in smartphone market and Transission will be completely swept out.

I agree this move is slow, driving the awareness will take a while. But be sure the desired effect will be achieved.
Considering one of these two 5G device.. Redmi 10x and Huawei x10.
A crash in price will send some phone vendor parking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truly, MTN APN Boost Download Speed On Glo. / See The Glo Card I Just Bought Now, Can You Spot The Give? / Bonus Airtime from MTN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.