Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:53 PM

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (89490 Views)

The Story Of Stella 18+ / Prisoner Of Love: The Story / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by kingxsamz(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Abcruz:

It's called Greek "mythology " for a reason.
But biblical encounters are documentary with solid proves.

Shebi solid proof? undecided
Oya prove how Moses divided the sea with his hands.
Prove how Jesus walked on water.
Prove how a man lived in the belle of a fish for three days.
Prove how the moon and sun were stopped.
Prove how a donkey talked.
Prove how angels fell from the sky to have sex with humans.

If you answer these with solid proof, then your statement would be true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Origin(f): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nice write up and the title works.

I probably would have named her Badass.

Cos she became some one to be feared.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
poweredcom:

So matteew mark Peter and those in the Bible are real were you there ? LMFAO those are another religious myth used to brainwash you
I dnt have to be there to knw, and no one brainwashed me, I believe in wuh I knw, and what I believe to be true,. You mister, believe in nothing,
life z not all da meets the eye, its more supernatural than natural. U dnt knw, and u wil never knw, until u stop being an infidel.
They ain't real? Who sprayed the gospel? Jesus himself?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by henryobinna(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jokerman:
Medusa is a demon inspired character.....

I wonder why some people the only thing they do on Nairaland is that attack Christianity... Oga o
I noticed that too.

You know Nairaland is the only way they feel they can air their views and deep opinions.
These are people who don't want to be told what they do is wrong and a sin as a result they decide to take it out on Christianity

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
MadelnNigeria:
bro the sun revolves round the earth grin
And it's flat like a disc.
Also, the moon has its light...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
femmyapson:
Medusa is a demon not just a myth.It is real. It possess people and make them do wired stuff. kills and destroy people

Just to put a “positive, saved/believing” spin to it eh?
cheesy
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Damnn niggarrr!

I watched "clash of the titans"(1981) but didn't understand much about medusa till i watched "clash of the titans"(2010) before i could decipher what really transpired between Athena, Medusa and Pesaidon.
What I understood in this whole thing is that, Athena could not curse a god rather, vent her anger on a poor mortal,
and it's a crime to be beautiful, even now and then.

Damn nigga
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
A friend of mine shared this story in his timeline this evening.
Typical of the Nigerian society.
The wealthy escaping justice, pinning crimes on poor, innocent people and getting them punished for crimes they didn't commit with the help of the law enforcement agencies.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
I actually knew all these from the 80's movie then titled "Medusa".Then " Clash of the Gods"
and the movie "The Clash of the Titans".
Perseus killed Medusa abi no be so she end?!
kingxsamz:

Show me any universal verified source that regards the stories in the bible as true historical events. undecided
Real my ass.
Read ya bible if u have one, go to Jerusalem and ask
Read up history and do ya calculations 2000yrs ago
U dnt believe in something doesn't make it real or fake, Its all d state of d mind
Jst Dnt try to jeopardize people's believe jst Cus it didn't work for you
I believe in JESUS

5 Likes

jacquincy:
Kinda touching story, how i wish i knew this earlier, i wouldnt have killed her in the god of war game embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

gringrin

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodSaklek(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
@ OtemAtum didn't mentioned Medusa in his writtens, so I don't believe the story of Medusa and her existence.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
JhayJoe:
Nigerians are funny oh.

They'll claim that the stories that Homer wrote are myths but they put all their faith ina story that Matthew,Mark,Luke and John wrote
I swear, you are smart.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Dayoebe(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
myth
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by bmdmixer: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
the story doesn't even make sense they rape a fellow woman then u curse the woman, am i missing anything.

myth history for just say she forced or tricked the dude d other lady became angry and instantly cursed her.
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Godfightsforme: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nice story
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by valarinz: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
naenaesosa:

Medusa head on me like I'm 'luminati

This is a gated community so please get the Bleep off the property

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by friendl: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
What l know was that she made love in the temple
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ghostrye:
There is a reason I'm enamored with Greek mythology, It is still the best written, historically backed myth. Sometimes I can almost think it is real, Homer did a great job.
You don't believe that it is real but you believe that Jesus walked on water .
You also believe the story Mathew, John, Luke etc wrote, abi?

Weldone grin

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
fattprince:

You don't need to know. You looked like her before she was cursed
I pity joblessness...

Shame

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
zimdante:
Anthena must have cursed her because she is envious of medusa's beauty.
Think about it anthena could have done alot of things to her why change her looks?

Imagine a mortal beautiful enough to attract posaidom athena's crush.

Cruel judgement from the so called goddess of wisdom, she is no goddess, thats a demon turning an innocent girl into a demon.

Last last God pass them all.
baba say Na anthena grin cheesy
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by TiglathPILESER: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
engrchykae:
yes you decided the message.
Athena couldn't curse a member of the top three Olympians, Poseidon,so she cowardly cursed a mortal, innocent girl.
Anyway Medusa had her revenge on the gods when her head was used to destroy the Kraken,the son of Hades whom the Olympians have been using to instil fear on humans.
The death of the Kraken, enlightenment and advance of science,ushered in the end of the rule of the Olympians and the beginning of the age of Man.
Myths are highly coded Truth
if thats what u call truth, then u r doomed
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by OlakunmiSMELTD: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
So, I go fit carry the story go collect money for bank undecided
No be our mate be davido wey just get house for banana island and wiskid too.
We dey here dey write story wey not fit give person N100
Medusa ko, liquid metal, indaboski ni
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Ghostrye: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
You don't believe that it is real but you believe that Jesus walked on water . You also believe the story Mathew, John, Luke etc wrote, abi?
Weldone grin
I'm not that religious, more of a freethinker
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by donMIG(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
All the movies portray her as a beautiful girl only wit snakes as hair
I loved the story but I just spat on it wen I head RAPE
my ears don full wit these rape talk... Wats all this nonsense
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goalnaldo:
baba say Na anthena grin cheesy
Na My keyboard dictionary cause am
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by GodPunishBiafra: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
bukkysam:
Where will you spend your eternity?

Come to that caring father (JESUS CHRIST) today you may not have the chance tomorrow.

Repent and change your ways.

Jesus Loves you
Shut up!
Rubbish
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Adewale1603(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Greek mythology. Medusa was regarded as a symbol of beauty, love, innocence, just like every other ladies of today, but was cut short of her glory, just like the rape and killings being committed today
Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by shumuel(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
boman2014:
Bumped into this. A good read
Who knows the story of Medusa? Yes that ugly lady with the hair of snakes. The Gorgon who men dared not look at else they turn to stone. Do you know her real story?! Well I'll tell you!

When I was in school, I was given a project titled Myths and Legends. Well naturally I settled for Greek mythology and Medusa hit my interest.

I always thought she was evil and all but this is
the true story.

So Medusa was the most beautiful girl in her town. Her hair shone like gold. All men wanted her but she never gave in. She caught the eye of Poseidon the god of the sea and didn't give him the time of day. Well what did he do? He raped Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war.

Now the sad part was Athena was so enraged by what had happened that she cursed Medusa. Not the man who raped her no! Cursed the poor girl who was raped. Turned her into a creature that no man would ever look at again without dying and turned her beautiful hair into snakes.

Now some have claimed that Athena cursed Medusa to protect her but in all my research and even the writings of the poet, the story was consistent.

When I found out the truth behind Medusa, I changed my project and turned it into a tribute called 'Misunderstood'. I recreated her tombstone, changed her garments and created a pendant with her face on it.

Needless to say that was my best project in school and it was on display.

Now to bring it home. Isn't that what happens these days? Both here and abroad? A girl is raped and instead of going for her attackers, you blame her and slut-shame her. Claim she brought it on herald?

When you think of Medusa you think of an ugly Gorgon.

When I think of Medusa I think of a beautiful lonely girl the world failed. Just as the world is failing women today.

... Copied...

# Medusa_Myths_And_Legends # Misunderstood
# TheRealStory # TheUntoldStory
# Greek_Mythology
# JusticeForTheRaped
# PurnishTheRapist
⁣ # Justice_for Vera Uwaila Omozuwa
# 100LevelUG_Student UNIBEN

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157903307433937&id=297115308936&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6834261561869383480%3Amf_story_key.5261119954281034284%3Atop_level_post_id.10157903307433937%3Acontent_owner_id_new.297115308936%3Apage_id.297115308936%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.10157903307358937%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1591225518%3Afilter.h_nor%3Atds_flgs.3%3Apage_insights.%7B%22297115308936%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id_type%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1591108564%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22story_fbid%22%3A%5B10157903307433937%5D%7D%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22sl%22%3A5%2C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22actor_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22page_id%22%3A297115308936%2C%22post_id%22%3A10157903307433937%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As-R

Being a lover or both Greek & Roman mythology, i read the popular tale too, but thanksfully to a Cartoon i was able to know this version of yours.

Now, why was she cursed ?
Athena was in Love with poseidon but he loved Medusa who is a Priestess to the godess Athena, she felt it was an insult to her coupled with the fact That Medusa was more beautiful, Athena never liked Medusa since she saw her with poseidon,,, if i remember perfectly, i believe they were in love but because Medusa was a priestess she was not allowed to make love which led to the Rape, Athena took advantage to punish her buy turning her into a Titan, which in return would not allow her leave Athena's Temple

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by hilfinity(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
jacquincy:
Kinda touching story, how i wish i knew this earlier, i wouldnt have killed her in the god of war game embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin

So u'd allowed her freeze ur ass t stone, n shatter u t pieces abi

I miss dt game sososo much.

Best adventure game ever made.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by Akaimmanuel: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
She ought to be the face and logo of #Endrape

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) by kingxsamz(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Inyikalum:

Read ya bible if u have one, go to Jerusalem and ask
Read up history and do ya calculations 2000yrs ago
U dnt believe in something doesn't make it real or fake, Its all d state of d mind
Jst Dnt try to jeopardize people's believe jst Cus it didn't work for you
I believe in JESUS

You're a clown.
You said there are solid proofs of the events in the bible, and I have given you series of events, and asked you to prove them, and you're referring me to the same bible that contains these stories? undecided

Since you have read history... Give me verifiable information on history which will back up those events in the bible I pointed out. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Bang Rule Pdf File Pls / Witches And Wizards / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.