Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders (3545 Views)

INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For The 2023 Election (president, VP) / Osun Election: President Buhari Congratulates Ademola Adeleke / Reno Omokri Reacts As Buhari Gives Aisha New Appointment In The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Chikpat(m): 5:38am On Jun 04, 2020
There appears to be an uneasy calm as President Muhammadu Buhari has given marching orders to Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to return Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki as the APC candidate in the forthcoming election.

Oshiomhole who met with Buhari yesterday evening was reportedly told frankly that Godwin Obaseki should be allowed to continue his good works in office.
According to insiders, Buhari’s decision was informed by the various security reports which favours Mr. Godwin Obaseki far ahead of the other aspirants jostling for the ticket with him. Some close associates of the President were also said to have mounted pressure on him to impress his preference on the APC Chairman to avoid any repeat of the “Zamfara treatment” in the Edo election.

Sources close to the Presidential Villa further revealed that the Presidential directive did not go down well with Mr. Oshiomhole as all the complaints he brought against Obaseki were rebuffed by the President.
Eyewitnesses say Oshiomhole was seen leaving the meeting in low spirits and refusing to acknowledge salutation from anyone.
Political strategists observing the development say there’s little Oshiomhole can do against the emergence of Governor Obaseki as he must not be seen violating the wish of the Commander-in-Chief. They however cautioned that the Obaseki camp must not think it is yet Uhuru as future political landmine might be planted on the way for them.

Source:https://newscornerng.com/news/edo-election-president-buhari-gives-oshiomhole-marching-orders/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by chinjo(m): 5:44am On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomhole want Obaseki out by all means so that himself and the man he refers to as a thief Ize-Iyamu can use the likes of Tony Kabaka to divert the state government revenues to their private pockets. If not, how on earth will oshiomhole suddenly prefer a man he refers to as a thief to someone he only accused of not carrying him along. He is gunning for Ize-Iyamu to come and do what he knows how to do best. STEAL.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by helinues: 5:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Ambode's treatment loading. Buhari wey Sabi play neutral man.. Or not the same Buhari that endorsed 2 Ogun State Gov candidates, Akinlade and Abiodun?

When we were advising Obaseki to slow things down, his new supporters were calling us enemy of progress.

His eyes will be soon cleared when finally pushed into the gutter.

Whoever those people support must go into political Oblivion... Na traits

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by kayusely70(m): 5:49am On Jun 04, 2020
A Dicey Scenario!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by chinjo(m): 5:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomhole own don finish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by ican2020: 6:11am On Jun 04, 2020
Never trust bubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Captainrambo2: 6:11am On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomole should take a back sit. The only reason he is still apc chairman is because buhari listened and told them obaseki to back off.... now buhari has listened to obaseki and asked oshiomole to back off.

What can he really do? Rubbish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Captainrambo2: 6:15am On Jun 04, 2020
helinues:
Ambode's treatment loading. Buhari wey Sabi play neutral man.. Or not the same Buhari that endorsed 2 Ogun State Gov candidates, Akinlade and Abiodun?

When we were advising Obaseki to slow things down, his new supporters were calling us enemy of progress.

His eyes will be soon cleared when finally pushed into the gutter.

Whoever those people support must go into political Oblivion... Na traits
useless zombie analysis again. Ambode that lost his state house of assembly support yiu re using him to compare obaseki that did not give Oshkmole one inch in edo state ? Supporters of thieves will always want to support god fathers that will just dictate and loot... we know una

Obaseki 4+4 is guaranteed...... period

But if you re not from edo shut up.

Beninkingdom
Okpebholo
Cc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by FivePeas: 6:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by SadiqBabaSani: 6:19am On Jun 04, 2020
the zombie updia hav lost all hs senses

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by XXLMANDIGO: 6:23am On Jun 04, 2020
O bad gan..

I am talking about this fake news...

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by helinues: 6:23am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:
useless zombie analysis again. Ambode that lost his state house of assembly support yiu re using him to compare obaseki that did not give Oshkmole one inch in edo state ? Supporters of thieves will always want to support god fathers that will just dictate and loot... we know una

Obaseki 4+4 is guaranteed...... period

But if you re not from edo shut up.

Beninkingdom
Okpebholo
Cc

Whoever those people support must go into political Oblivion. Na traits

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Captainrambo2: 6:31am On Jun 04, 2020
helinues:

Whoever those people support must go into political Oblivion. Na traits
I know what you mean. For the record I like ibo people better than you yourubas... they speak with you straight faced and you always know where their mind is...unlike your people helinius...

Hardly will you find any youruba family in ekpoma... but ibo people dey everywhere here. Not every one is tribalist like you. I have no issue with ibo people...

It's not new. Once you guys get confused you go tribal... abeg carry you nonsense fade from my front

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by LibertyRep: 6:35am On Jun 04, 2020
Whatever they do to themselves is their business.

I however wish we have a democracy where the party chairman has the last say on any matter that affects the party.

It's improper that the president or the governor also double as the leader of the party.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by helinues: 6:37am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:
I know what you mean. For the record I like ibo people better than you yourubas... they speak with you straight faced and you always know where their mind is...unlike your people helinius...

Hardly will you find any youruba family in ekpoma... but ibo people dey everywhere here. Not every one is tribalist like you. I have no issue with ibo people...

It's not new. Once you guys get confused you go tribal... abeg carry you nonsense fade from my front

People only travel to where there are more opportunities than their current place.... grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2020
If this is true..... oshiomole is in trouble...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Chikpat(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2020
This is not NLC. No man ever won all his battles. Oshiomhole will try but will not stop Obaseki's 2nd term.
Ize Iyamu is popular but Kirikiri needs him more than Edo state needs him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by MyMouth(m): 7:18am On Jun 04, 2020
Instead of Obaseki to save his money for the upcoming direct primaries, he still dey give all these fake bloggers money to post fake News undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Captainrambo2: 7:24am On Jun 04, 2020
helinues:

People only travel to where there are more opportunities than their current place.... grin
tell that to the chinese in ijesha

11 Likes

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by senatordave1(m): 7:26am On Jun 04, 2020
Chikpat:
This is not NLC. No man ever won all his battles. Oshiomhole will try but will not stop Obaseki's 2nd term.

Fake news
Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Great2017: 7:29am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:
This is a technical knockout. I really wonder what he stands to gain by always fueling tribalism and hatred.

8 Likes

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Pickieox(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2020
This wasta man who vowed to stop godfatherism as at then? I won't be surprised cos Oshiomole equals short Devil...

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Indispensable85(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2020
If you believe this then you're the biggest fool today. It's easy to spot fake news unless you're a dunce like the poster.
Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by helinues: 7:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:

grin
Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by adadike(f): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:

thank you for taking him to the cleaners. Correct Edo guy.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by paramboos: 8:21am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:

. God bless brother....

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by ddippset(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2020
Fake News!

48 hours to the primaries, 3 of those aspirants will drop out and endorse Ize Iyanmu.

That's the new plan, take that to the bank!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Exc2000: 8:46am On Jun 04, 2020
grin

Ipobian fools and there fake news

which stupid insider would leak a confidential political meetings between the president and the party chairman to a useless blog

Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Help2020: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2020
Chikpat:
lol.funnyguy.
Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by RZArecta(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Fake news but who cares cool
Re: Edo Election: President Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Marching Orders by Smithkafors(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Captainrambo2:

Nice one,they always want to bring tribalism to everything.They think Edo people will allow someone to Lord over them without stiff resistance when compared to ambode.Its good for a man to stand his ground,if they succeed in rigging him out let him move all his structures to another party and we will follow him.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Igbos Won’t Have Exclusive Right To Presidency In 2023 – Junaid Mohammed / Emoney Receives Another Gubernatorial Candidate In His Anambra Mansion- PICTURES / IPOB Asks Igbos To Boycott Kenyan Airlines, Others Over Country's Involvement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.