Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area (559 Views)

Admin Please Push To Top Urgent Help Penis, Lap Upper Thigh, Scrotum Itches Me / Pinkish Colour Of The Balls, Thigh Area / Rashes On My Upper Lip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by tonididdy(m): 5:54am On Jun 04, 2020
good morning Nairalander.
I type in pains as I cannot move even a feet without shouting.
I have screamed through out the night in pain ( I woke up about 3am...now it's 6am, and I have barely moved my right leg since then).
there is a sudden sharp pain in my upper thigh area almost close to my waist, when I try to move my right leg.
I am living alone and have no one around until later in the morning today.
what could be wrong with me?

actually it started last night but I could move around effortlessly (in fact I waved it off as a sleep position issue) but tonight's is just worst. I cannot even move.

it took me about 20 to 30mins to reach my bedside to grab my phone from the charger. it is this bad

please help
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2020
angry

Charley horse....Massage can relieve the cramping pain.
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by tonididdy(m): 6:04am On Jun 04, 2020
Equal2DeTask:
angry

Charley horse....Massage can relieve the cramping pain.
but I can't reach for my oils. any sudden movement is sharp stabbing pain. this isn't cramp... my muscles are not stiff in the area.
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by Gandollar(f): 6:21am On Jun 04, 2020
Sciatic pain OP.

The pain is from your sciatic nerve most probably.

Read up about it. Go to the pharmacy and have them recommend a strong pain killer for you.

Meanwhile, a combination of hot or cold compresses on the area would relieve you a bit. Ice blocks worked for me. Then take the pain relief drug.

Shed weight if you need to as excess weight also adds pressure on the nerve.

Sorry I know what you are passing through.
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by tonididdy(m): 6:30am On Jun 04, 2020
Gandollar:
Sciatic pain OP.

The pain is from your sciatic nerve most probably.

Read up about it. Go to the pharmacy and have them recommend a strong pain killer for you.

Meanwhile, a combination of hot or cold compresses on the area would relieve you a bit. Ice blocks worked for me. Then take the pain relief drug.

Shed weight if you need to as excess weight also adds pressure on the nerve.

Sorry I know what you are passing through.

thanks so much.
I will do just this once my aid is around
I have being on one position for about an hr now
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by Gandollar(f): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2020
tonididdy:

thanks so much.
I will do just this once my aid is around
I have being on one position for about an hr now
Sorry bro. It happened to me two weeks before my traditional wedding, so you can imagine all the thoughts going through my mind at the time.

And you can't completely cure it except through surgery. After you get treatment, it could still be rearing it's head every now and then, continue with the pain relief and massage and it disappears again.

My little weight loss kept it under a long check.
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by tonididdy(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2020
Gandollar:
Sorry bro. It happened to me two weeks before my traditional wedding, so you can imagine all the thoughts going through my mind at the time.

And you can't completely cure it except through surgery. After you get treatment, it could still be rearing it's head every now and then, continue with the pain relief and massage and it disappears again.

thanks
I never felt anything like this before.
I think in the past two days I stood for too long because of my work, I could feel my legs and knee ache but I never tot it could result to this.
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by tonididdy(m): 6:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Gandollar:

pls what pain killers exactly did you take?
Re: Pls Help : Sharp Pain In My Upper Thigh Area by Gandollar(f): 7:11am On Jun 04, 2020
tonididdy:

pls what pain killers exactly did you take?
Different types. The only one I remember is tramadol.
My husband to be was buying several of them. We even employed traditional healers who gave me clay to apply on effected area, and that was when I could stand and walk.

After I came back to the city, I visited a pharmacy where they gave me a cocktail of drugs which gave me a long relief.

Months later, I was in the gym and tried squatting, all hell broke again and the pharmacist repeated the cocktail.

Months later, I travelled and the stress of carrying my luggage triggered it again but not so bad. So I went to another pharmacy in the area who did his thing and I was ok.

But in like 4yrs, I have not taken any medication for it. But once I hear the remote sound of it, I know my weight is the cause and I handle that.

(1) (Reply)

Cosmetic Surgeons See Rise In Patients Amidst Pandemic / Unilorin Lecturer, Ighodalo, Dies Of COVID-19 / Saturday Groove With Burantashi Extra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.