Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? (116440 Views)

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady / Nigerians Need To Start RELOCATING Back Home- Invest In AMEN ESTATE Phase2 / Aloysius Ikegwuonu (bishop) Builds Home For The Disabled - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Zeezy81: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Aboguede:

So with a 2004 still Toyota say Corolla

The balance is how much and what is the rough estimated months this car can work without stories that touches

It still depends on the partnership agreement. Personal assessment, if you are giving a toks standard toyota Corolla in Abuja for Uber and you do not want stories, then your weekly delivery agreement should be around 15k

Modified
However some persons would do 20k, but dont be fooled your vehicle will be over stressed and at the end of the day you have simply robbed Peter to pay Paul. 25k is unrealistic in Abuja, it will always end in disappointment
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Eyeofsauron(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
I see....
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by smeag0l(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
The "it'snot my business" comment you made is part of what is killing nigeria. This is same thing people do when they see an accident victim on the road. The fact that you know about it and choose to do nothing about it means that if you're in the girl's situation you would do the same thing.
Officialgarri:
Same thing is happening to a guy. He keeps sending money to his family to build a house for him but the project was so slow compared to the amount he has been sending.
His siblings kept squandering the money.
He sent home a bus full of clothes, his eldest brother dissapeared with it.

Now, he met a lady online with the promise of marriage. He started sending money via this girlfriend because he doesn't trust his family.
Not knowing the girl is only subtle demon too.

For everything he wants to buy, this girlfriend will double the price and till now, he's still sending money till now.
The lady's family are also aware and encouraging her to drain the guy.

This is not an hearsay, the lady is my friend grin

I've never spoken to the guy. I only see him on video calls when he's talking with her cheesy . And it's not my business neither is it my duty to ruin their relationship.

Recently, he asked the lady to get a shop close to the guy's family house. This lady informed her sister and mother. They advised this lady to convince him to rent the the shop in her own state. Stating that, if she gets a shop close the guy's family house, the business will be in the guy's brother's name. So, she was advised to convince him to get the shop in her own family state so the business would be in her name. Also, she should tell him the shop is 5million naira cheesy cheesy

She has convinced the guy, but I haven't heard about the money though cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Lovelyn451(f): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Chai, the only people that can do this are uncles and Aunties..wicked people
I doubt any sibling will do this to their blood
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
How we want take settle this matter now
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Damseldammie(f): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Too bad
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by EdmundDantes(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
DropsMic:
My dad used 10 years to build a bungalow in his village.

His brothers really dealt with him.

One day he confided in me that the money he spent building the bungalow in the village could build a five storey building in Abuja town.

Chai! Witchcraft no pass like this na...
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by money121(m): 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Too bad
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by AreaFada2: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
A relative sent about 20 million Naira for her brother to build a house. She returned just before last Christmas to meet nothing. NOTHING. Pictures sent abroad were all fake.

She came to relax for a few months in 9ja. She was stuck in 9ja by Covid-19. Then their heartbroken mother died.
The amount of wickedness going on screams to high heavens.

And over 90% of people doing this evil are "trusted" relatives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by EdmundDantes(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
Same thing is happening to a guy. He keeps sending money to his family to build a house for him but the project was so slow compared to the amount he has been sending.

Now, he met a lady online with the promise of marriage. He started sending money via this girlfriend because he doesn't trust his family.

For everything he wants to buy, this girlfriend will double the price and till now, he's still sending money till now.

I've never spoken to the guy. I only see him on video calls when he's talking with her cheesy . And it's not my business neither is it my duty to ruin their relationship.

Recently, he asked the lady to get a shop close to the guy's family house. This lady informed her sister and mother. They advised this lady to convince him to rent the the shop in her own state. Stating that, if she gets a shop close the guy's family house, the business will be in the guy's brother's name. So, she was advised to convince him to get the shop in her own family state so the business would be in her name. Also, she should tell him the shop is 5million naira cheesy cheesy

Hmm. Too bad. The future is pregnant....
How den they talked...what goes around.....
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by AreaFada2: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
A relative sent about 20 million Naira for her brother to build a house. She returned just before last Christmas to meet nothing. NOTHING. Pictures sent abroad were all fake.

She came to relax for a few months in 9ja. She was stuck in 9ja by Covid-19. Then their heartbroken mother died.
The amount of wickedness going on screams to high heavens.

And over 90% of people doing this evil are trusted relatives.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
sunshineV:
Manage am na or save the money come buy am yourself

is that your final answer?
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Johntemmy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jomandi13:

Are you based in Lagos?

no..am not but am frequent in lag..
I base in osun state..but I don't mind making lag as our head office to make it more achievable.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by mmsen: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Awful people do awful things.

What else is new...
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Chai, the only people that can do this are uncles and Aunties..wicked people
I doubt any sibling will do this to their blood

siblings that are killing each other over money, ancestral land etc.

don't we see it on this nairaland crime section everyday
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by sunshineV(f): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

is that your final answer?

Is this "who wants to be a millionaire"?
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by EdmundDantes(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
obonujoker:
Lol... Even you in one end of Nigeria to another end, people still scam you...

We have a few godly people in this country

Like it's said, "if you want something done right, do it yourself... Or use you direct son or daughter"... Applicable to businesses too...

Nigerians are too wicked

Direct son or daughter can scam too...

1 Like

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Thatz a thing I never did even when they come to me and say that they are engineers and developers....

I wld rather employ a professional outside . Yeah I kno they're all thieves just to milk.

But, family members are also there to milk and kill if possible.

Fear Nigerians especially the ugly ones at the hinterlands

1 Like

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
The man just shot himself in the foot, with a shotgun for that matter.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by ccollins(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
mufutau55:
Thank you very much for the thread. Many diasporan have fallen victim of dubious people like this in Nigeria and most of them are family members.
In this mordern days, there is no reason not to receive daily pictures of your project from your contractors.
Also you are right, why not engage in a professional person to do your project and travel home un-announced to see what is happening with your project.
May God help us all.

Hajji M.
don't give to family members,look for trustworthy reputable contractors in Nigeria that are international to help you with your house building. Shalom and God blessings

1 Like

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by boyjo: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

It is actually your duty to "ruin" the relationship because you still have a heart that can differentiate between what is good and what is not. Send him anonymous messages or advice your friend to change her ways, shes git a good guy
Funny enough, you be guy o.
But e be like say you dey chop for the money.

Ezekiel 33:9
But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by boyjo: 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
feldido:
grin

More like this

My guy, that your meme no be lie o.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by Person2person(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Engage a proffesionals for your project, negotiate at different stages and get an independent person to check on the progress of work at each stage.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by NoToPile: 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
immaq8:
they even try to lay foundation. my mom's was only having pictures, when she came back, she met nothing..
A guy that stays at Switzerland do send money to family-friend to build hotel at Asaba, when he came back last year December, he meant a complete building with good interior as proposed only to find out that the name on the documents was on the man's name (family friend).

Yeeparipa
I was smiling as I was reading with the thought of finally one good story about relatives and then came be bomb.

The thread is not even about the quality of job done if you ask me (because some are already saying why didn't she engage professionals blablabla,) its about the fact that relatives (most times) are supposed to engage professionals to do the job but inorder to cut costs and fleece the individual as much as possible a shoddy job that is not even commensurate to the amount of money spent is done so as to make maximum profit .

Most times you still need someone on ground to help check some things even if you are using a contractor. In cases where the professional refuses to lower the quality of work done, the relatives will recommend to the person abroad that they should change him. grin

Even the professionals too can scam.

Finding a trustworthy person(including relatives) in naija is a hard thing - very hard thing.

There are exceptions though,

1 Like

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by EdmundDantes(m): 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
smeag0l:
Please look for a way to inform that guy ASAP. You can save a life by doing this!

Supported. The problem we have as humans is that we usually fail to place ourselves in the other persons shoes. "If this was happening to me or a loved one how would I feel".
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by packman: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
coputa:
so,who enjoys your success,your friends and your wife's relatives.

Did not say so...

Buh entitlement causes greed....

They are never satisfied... They always on the matter of help. Me.. Help me...

Please don't get me wrong here

Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by paradigmshift(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

Recently, he asked the lady to get a shop close to the guy's family house. This lady informed her sister and mother. They advised this lady to convince him to rent the shop in her own state. Stating that, if she gets a shop close the guy's family house, the business will be in the guy's brother's name. So, she was advised to convince him to get the shop in her own family state so the business would be in her name. Also, she should tell him the shop is 5million naira cheesy cheesy

Look for a way to tell the guy. Don't be a devil. E go happen to you or your pikin for future o. Nobody be Superman.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by francaofzion: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

Recently, he asked the lady to get a shop close to the guy's family house. This lady informed her sister and mother. They advised this lady to convince him to rent the shop in her own state. Stating that, if she gets a shop close the guy's family house, the business will be in the guy's brother's name. So, she was advised to convince him to get the shop in her own family state so the business would be in her name. Also, she should tell him the shop is 5million naira cheesy cheesy

Please and please advice that your lady friend to stop this her evil act cos nemesis would catch up with her soon. She might think she is smart but doing herself more harm than good.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by EdmundDantes(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
NoToPile:

Yeeparipa
I was smiling as I was reading with the thought of finally one good story about relatives and then came be bomb.

The thread is not even about the quality of job done if you ask me (because some are already saying why didn't she engage professionals blablabla,) its about the fact that relatives (most times) are supposed to engage professionals to do the job but inorder to cut costs and fleece the individual as much as possible a shoddy job that is not even commensurate to the amount of money spent is done so as to make maximum profit you.

Most times you still need someone on ground to help check some things even if you are using a contractor.

Even the professionals too can scam.

Finding a trustworthy person(including relatives) in naija is a hard thing - very hard thing.

There are exceptions though,

The key to success in these endeavours is to engage a pro and establish multiple (independent) sources of checks on the progress of work.
Re: Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? by paradigmshift(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ramos16:
There is literally only one picture of a wall.

Also, how much has she put into this project?
Ur brain dey pain u o lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu / Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows / The History Of Stamped Concrete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.