Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (47026 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) / Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / What's Wrong With My Wema Bank ALAT App (please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Melaninprincess(f): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2020
Cant relate to all these things. FCMB don't stress me like this
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Behankey(m): 12:54am On Jun 07, 2020
U1:
OP, I doubt there is any perfect bank around here. This is Nigeria. Just choose the one whose ills you can live with or keep your money with you.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say. I transferred an amount I felt I could be able to transfer from my remaining Access Bank balance to Alat just last night.

Yeah, the Wema bank might not be perfect but it's still manageable for now. It's not compulsory, at least yet, to request an ATM card (I don't use one); online app still works smoothly, and the Twitter support is responsive.

I sent a complaint email to Access Bank since 26 March (and resent about two weeks ago). The only responses I got was an auto-reply of sorts that it'd take up to 72 hours to respond because of COVID-19. undecided
you're not wrong. But there are banks that are actually stress free. Early days for me with FCMB but they're doing well.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by U1(m): 7:58am On Jun 07, 2020
Behankey:
you're not wrong. But there are banks that are actually stress free. Early days for me with FCMB but they're doing well.

Until you have issues with them, actually. I believe my best experience has been with GTB. Zenith appears to be doing well, too, and Stanbic IBTC may not be terrible. But you can see people complain even about these.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by cruz419(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2020
all of them na d Same just pray say make them no Bleep up reach ur side cos when e go happen e be like Lyn say make u kill person ... i have at list 4 active acc Gtb zenith UBA access ,,an all have disappointed me at some point UBA d worst ...

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by madamori9: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nigerian banks always have one problem or another. That is why I prefer to use Zenith bank to transfer without ATM card. Like another commenter mentioned, Zenith bank has one of the best services in Nigeria. It is not surprising that they are rated the best bank in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by oazeez1991(m): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Every mallam 4 em kettle. 4rm all indications and people's comment so far, it tells there is no perfect bank when it comes 2 online transactions, customer care service and ATM Card usage. Ur bank has been good so far doesn't mean, there wouldn't be fuckup at some point.

As per my own experience, I had it with First Bank, that it had 2 tk them over a month, plus constant visitation 4 them 2 get my issue resolved. I dump them afterward and embrace UBA since 2016, so far so good I've not had serious transaction issue with them, and the one I had was resolve via just by calling their customer care while still indoor. They still give topnotch in medium of reaching out 2 customer, like getting 2 rectifier issue and also receive alert via Facebook message. Their lapses 2 me has just been their level of deduction which first bank also do same. So, I still prefer them over FBN.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by seejo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
Try Fidelity bank plc
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
charlsecy:
That's not true.
Access Bank are thieves. They are debiting me every day for postal duty. Today alone I was debited 300 twice. That is 600 and that's how they have been removing it from my account
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by TheEnlightenedO(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
pabjaye:
Hi @Shoodboi Sorry to hear about your plight. I work for Wema Bank Plc and I want to help you narrow down on this issue. Could you please provide me with a mobile number to reach you on so I can take the details of the transaction and help further. I will appreciate your reply and the opportunity to help.

Hi Mr Pabjaye

I have a few issues with wema as well, I am currently outside the country and have been trying to activate a remita form but was told to email it in which I did two days ago, was told they would revert within 48hrs no word yet.

Also I transferred 200k from my GTB to my wema bank account over 6 hours ago, its yet to reflect, I thought maybe it was a GT issue so I used my GT to transfer to a friends Zenith and used the Zenith to send smaller sums to my Wema, in total I made 4 transfers, not one of them has dropped yet.

It's bad enough that I suffered for nearly two months to get my alat password reset. But your WhatsApp number is very unreliable, I also asked for my acct officers contact. No luck... I need someone from their customer service to call me because I cant reach their number from the country I'm at...

Please help
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Gee64: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
Which is the best for PayPal withdrawal?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by johnstar(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2020
pabjaye:
Hi @Shoodboi Sorry to hear about your plight. I work for Wema Bank Plc and I want to help you narrow down on this issue. Could you please provide me with a mobile number to reach you on so I can take the details of the transaction and help further. I will appreciate your reply and the opportunity to help.

what exactly is wrong with wema alat? 2 people sent money into my account yesterday night up til now i haven’t seen anything?? what exactly is the problem i want this rectified asap
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Adebisimrs(f): 12:39am On Sep 18, 2022
Alatbywema have dealt with me seriously,my house address was refused,I don't leave anywhere else,I even provided utility bill for them to use,no response, will I have to lie about my address,to solve the problems,my house is opposite a hotel in my area,that's a popular landmark,what can I do?alat are just finding ways to hold on people cash,and use it for their stupid loan business,the review about them is so annoying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Profitable Businesses You Can Start From Your Room / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Dangote And Femi Otedola Watching Arsenal Game In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.