Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (47000 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) / Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / What's Wrong With My Wema Bank ALAT App (please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Obierika(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2020
TruthHurts100:
Fidelity is low key but they are the best bank in Nigeria. Customer service is like 1000% better than the rest.

Is it the Fidelity Bank I know or is this another one?! shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by chingydaboss(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2020
Fidelity is your best shot for now..
Customer service --- on check
Resolution --- on check
Customer's Empathy--- on check
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by pabjaye: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2020
Hi @Shoodboi Sorry to hear about your plight. I work for Wema Bank Plc and I want to help you narrow down on this issue. Could you please provide me with a mobile number to reach you on so I can take the details of the transaction and help further. I will appreciate your reply and the opportunity to help.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by FLOTAN(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2020
The resolution time for disputes on electronic channels has been revised by the CBN.

With effect from 8 June, 2020 the following shall apply:

1. Failed “On-Us” ATM transactions (when customers use their cards on their bank’s ATMs) shall be instantly reversed from the current timeline of three (3) days. Where instant reversal fails due to any technical issue or system glitch, the timeline for manual reversal shall not exceed 24 hours.

2. Refunds for failed “Not-on-Us” ATM transactions (where customers use their cards on other banks’ ATMs) shall not exceed 48 hours from the current 3-5 days.

3. Resolution of disputed/failed PoS or Web transactions shall be concluded within 72 hours from the current five (5) days.

4. All banks are directed to resolve the backlog of all ATM, POS and Web customer refunds within two weeks starting June 8, 2020.

Hopefully, these new timelines shall bring in more efficiency in bank electronic operations.

Please check my profile for Real Estate Investment offers. Don’t procrastinate.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by smiliyB(f): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin kpele op but I couldn't hold myself not to laugh... You can't see any bank like that in this Nigeria with those qualities above, except you want to open your own bank...if not kindly manage them oo lipsrsealed wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by spiritedtete: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

have u gone tru d CBN rule on reversal of transactions?

CBN has given banks timeline for reversal of all failed transaction?

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in its determination to further enhance service quality, particularly quick refunds when customers experience failed transactions, dispense errors or disputes has revised timelines for reversals and/or the resolution of refund complaints on electronic channels, with effect from June 8, 2020, as follows.
1. Failed “On-Us” ATM transactions (when customers use their cards on their bank’s ATMs) shall be instantly reversed from the current timeline of three (3) days. Where instant reversal fails due to any technical issue or system glitch, the timeline for manual reversal shall not exceed 24 hours.
2. Refunds for failed “Not-on-Us” ATM transactions (where customers use their cards on other banks’ ATMs) shall not exceed 48 hours from the current 3-5 days.
3. Resolution of disputed/failed PoS or Web transactions shall be concluded within 72 hours from the current five (5) days.
4. All banks are directed to resolve the backlog of all ATM, POS and Web customer refunds within two weeks starting June 8, 2020
Meanwhile, key service providers in the Nigerian payments system have also committed to establish an integrated dispute resolution platform for the industry and enhance their payment system infrastructure and processes to reduce incidences of transaction failure.
Members of the public are therefore requested to refer to the updated Guidelines for the Operation of Electronic Payment Channels on the Bank’s website ( www.cbn.gov.ng ) for further details.

Before this new notice... all reversal was 24hours.. as such it was much easier not to worry about waiting for days.

Now this new rules gives banks privilege to give excuses.

Immediately i saw the new CBN notice on reversal i knew we are about to encourage ineptitude from banks.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by FlordFlorez(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
I rep Ecobank, panAfrica! Nobody is talking abouu them. Well, we are not much maybe thats why we gat no problem.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by chingydaboss(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
How do you mean? Is it the app I use or another Fidelity? Their app is one of the best..
Obierika:

Their bank app is terrible
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by meforyou1(m): 9:56am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

I don't know which is worse between GTB and WEMA. I had a similar issue with GTB and couldn't contact them.

Their contact email address doesn't go. And whoever is running their Twitter help page is clueless. That one just kept sending me images of a POS machine and what to do in case of a failed POS transaction.
call GTConnect customer care, those ones are very good. they've been of good help to me a number of times.
there's one useless gtbank customer care staff i'm targeting. very hopeless boy. that one i will report him to GTB MD

4 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Blackbishop:

Oga I am using UBA and I don't have any issue with them since 2007.... So you complaining about virtually all the banks baffles me... As an ex banker once you report a cash retract or dispense pending issues, first report at the branch level then start calling customer care line they will give you the code of your report so you can track the progress of your complains. And believe me it works. They will be calling you from time to confirm if you have received the alert

don't know of now but I used UBA while in school (Delsu) around dis 2007, those guys deduct hell out of my acct n I got angry n stopped using dem, their mopol will harass u with those stupid ecobank police dat drive anyhow

Unity bank was very kind to us n dey paid us interest n even when I started withdrawing money every day cos of woman expenses dey called me to ask questions if I was involve or paying cultist n dey will help me to fish d guys out, I said no n to save me from squandering d savings dey banned me from withdrawing everyday till d mumu leave my life.

now dats a bank for u.

UBA is no no for me

6 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by liverpudian9(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2020
You can try standard chartered, the liverpool fc sponsor
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Yettttttunde(f): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Zenith bank is the best in fact the very best.they will treat you like a king they are the most caring and loving bankI have seen so far.I love zenith bank
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Knewton247(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

Do you know what Ibadan women call LAPO?

Gbomu sori lantern (Putting your breast on a lantern). The worst mistake a businesswoman can make is to borrow money from LAPO. It will end in tears. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Premium tears��
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by OJEEMAH(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2020
call GTconnect 080 2900 2900, 080 3900 3900......they will respond asap or send a mail to cardservices and forget that complaints@gtbank.com
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Stanbic ibtc
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by ehissi(m): 9:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:
I am so pissed off right now.

I wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:

i. I will not be able to use the card or account anymore.

ii. I will be forced to open a new regular bank account.

The Story (in brief)

I suffered a failed POS transaction yesterday.

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

That said, I want you all to answer these two questions:

1. Which bank is reliable for online transactions?

2. Which bank has the most effective customer care service in this country?

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

Could you all help me out?

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

My suggestion?
Go to twitter and instagram, copy and paste exactly what you have posted here...........make you called each bank or cashless system in your post by their twitter or instagram handles and wait.

2 things will happen,

1. Your money will be released within the space of 2hrs

2. The bank or money system you want to switch to will notify you......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Onnasucs1(m): 9:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Zenith is cool. Nice and responsive customer service.

But that funds reversal will still take that 14days o. It has happened to me.

CBN is not doing great job
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Emmanuelcann: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
I have been using Alat for quite a while and it has proven to be the most reliable banking app in my opinion. Sorry about your experience but digital banking is the future. You will notice that a lot is being done to discourage people entering the banking hall of recent, even by CBN policies.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Aiykay(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Try Stanbic IBTC and you will be glad you did, for every failed transaction be it POS or ATM debita are credited back immediately and their customer care is top notch
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by ehissi(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Yettttttunde:
Zenith bank is the best in fact the very best.they will treat you like a king they are the most caring and loving bankI have seen so far.I love zenith bank

Taaaaaah !!! Stop that nonsense, Zenith that cost me over 40k duemurrage with their wack services.

The bank with the fastest customer care helplines is UBA.

Zenith bank care lines are a myth
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Jeroboy(m): 10:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Caseless: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2020
shoodboi, open an account with union and you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by ShitStain(m): 10:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Union Bank are thieves.they keepp siphoning my money anyhow.
Almost all banks in this country are fond of deducting money from their customers account and when you complain, nothing will be done about it.no serious action has been taken against this thieving banks.chai!
This country don tire me
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Rhectz(m): 10:05am On Jun 05, 2020
I would prescribe Zenith Bank anytime, any day
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by YipadaGadgets1: 10:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

I'm not sure if you've found a good bank yet, I'd certainly recommend STERLING BANK.

At my current job, I was required to open an account with them initially I wanted to use it as a salary account... once I received my salary I just transfer my cash to my Gtbank. But for the past 6 months I have started using it as my primary bank account and it's been nothing but bliss.

If you're tech savvy and you appreciate user experience, you'd fall hard for them. They have the best mobile app amongst NIGERIAN BANKS. you can easily customize your mobile app.

Some insane feature to change the available balance in your account just in case of SARS harassment.

You can also block your card when stolen with a simple USSD code.

It has so many crazy features, I cant even exhaust them. I think they are the most underrated bank in Nigeria.

I even resolve customer support issues over Facebook. - I chat their FB page.

You can even create an account from their mobile app, Sterling One or something. I'd rate them 9.5/10

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Emmanuelcann: 10:05am On Jun 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
I rep Ecobank, panAfrica! Nobody is talking abouu them. Well, we are not much maybe thats why we gat no problem.
I use Ecobank app. I tried to pay for BEDC units using the app and the transaction failed. I reported through the app and later went to the bank where I was told that the transaction would be reverted automatically. About a year later, I still haven't got my money back! Is this stealing or what?

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Union Bank is very good.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2020
spiritedtete:

Before this new notice... all reversal was 24hours.. as such it was much easier not to worry about waiting for days.

Now this new rules gives banks privilege to give excuses.

Immediately i saw the new CBN notice on reversal i knew we are about to encourage ineptitude from banks.

not all reversal was 24hrs

even d banks will always tel u 7 working days n d only way to get ur money is to immediately copy consumer protection.

one MFB in lekki, was trying to play me n don't want to credit me with my fixed deposit I had with dem, I simply sent a mail dat my next mail will b to CPD n dey won't like d nasty mail.

not long I got my alert.

now how many of us have utilized dis opportunity.

let me give u a let in, I work in d bank n I resolve issues relating to customers account such as excess charges, account issues anything dat has to do with irregularities in ur acct, now if u come on ur own I may take few days cos cases are many but if I see CBN letter Omo, I drop every job n work on dat issue cos if dem debit bank na me e go affect for KPI.

no bank wants CBN to handle their case cos CBN is always on d side of d customer if u no fit prove ur charges in line with d CBN guide n u pay more

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 05, 2020
switch to "piggy bank"
and thank me later.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by coputa(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

Do you know what Ibadan women call LAPO?

Gbomu sori lantern (Putting your breast on a lantern). The worst mistake a businesswoman can make is to borrow money from LAPO. It will end in tears. cheesy cheesy cheesy
why?,people still borrow and make success out of it.If you borrow to feed your expensive lifestyle or lead a gluttomeous life,which yoruba women are known for,then you are bound to fail.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by kunzzy4me(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

Try zenith Bank..and CBN had said any bank that fail to reserse any fail transaction carried out in t any atm within 24hr will be penalized
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by liverpudian9(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2020
mako007:
Fcmb, way to go!
Fcmb keh na Yoruba dier bankers dey speak for abeokuta they are not different from old community bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage / Profitable Businesses You Can Start From Your Room / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.