Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (47045 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) / Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / What's Wrong With My Wema Bank ALAT App (please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by FlordFlorez(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
I use Ecobank app. I tried to pay for BEDC units using the app and the transaction failed. I reported through the app and later went to the bank where I was told that the transaction would be reverted automatically. About a year later, I still haven't got my money back! Is this stealing or what?
According to ur writeup, u only went to the bank once. Well, dont know what to say but u should've went there again.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by simigold: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
The worst of them all is Standard Chartered Bank. It's customer service is ghost operation, in short it's a ghost bank meant for ghosts. It's headquarters and branches should be situated in different cemeteries across the nation.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by SKYJACOB: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
proudlyupdates.com
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by temptnow: 10:44am On Jun 05, 2020
angelfallz:

i have the same issue of failed transaction on POS with GTBank. they told me mine would be resolved in 8 days. i am patiently waiting. their complaints email is not working, but i have filled out a dispense error form.
You can also escalate to CBN.

I had the same issue with GTB too last month. POS Error. I waited for 13 working days, and was surprised they paid me double the amount.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by TruthHurts100: 10:44am On Jun 05, 2020
Obierika:

Is it the Fidelity Bank I know or is this another one?! shocked

Maybe na Infidelity you know
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by chidekings(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2020
GuestLog:
It was WAR for me to reverse a failed POS transaction from UBA to First Bank. I consider both banks as thieves and fraudulent in nature and charges.

My best experience has been STANBIC BANK. I have never had a reason to call their customer service or know anyone who has complaints beyond what they expect from service. I transact 4-6 times daily and have no complaints whatsoever.
stabic is bank for the rich,its one of my best bank
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by OKTolu: 10:47am On Jun 05, 2020
You don't want this you don't want that

Then which bank you want then ?
You're on your own oooo
Nigerian banks with their operational madness
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by juniorstar(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:
I am so pissed off right now.

I wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:

i. I will not be able to use the card or account anymore.

ii. I will be forced to open a new regular bank account.

The Story (in brief)

I suffered a failed POS transaction yesterday.

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

That said, I want you all to answer these two questions:

1. Which bank is reliable for online transactions?

2. Which bank has the most effective customer care service in this country?

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

Could you all help me out?

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

something similar happened to me with ecobank it took them 10 days credit my account after the failed transaction. anyway i no blame them cbn gives 14 days. so they are still under the law.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Anijay1212(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
I hope it is not what i'm thinking o...
angry angry
cheesy cheesy
crazygod:
Yo bro..... Since you've decided to carry cash now, can you kindly post your first name, just a faint pic and your nearest bus stop? wink
cheesy
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

Thanks a lot. I will look into Fidelity and Zenith bank.
bro fidelity bank! they are the bank,i use their card to pay in china everytime i buy something there ,they have never fall hand.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Champneys: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:
wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:
The Story (in brief)
I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).
I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.
I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.
14 days? Why is this so?
The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.
Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)
I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)
In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.
This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.
I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.
Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.
Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service r
I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)
I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.
P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.
I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.
So, any suggestions?

Ok
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Allwell96: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2020
I love Access Bank though. I don't think there's any bank in Nigeria without some issues, just stick to any one and keep battling with them.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by cutedharmee: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2020
First bank is d worsiest...they've been deducting my money anyhow (d last withdrawal been 10k) all in d name of purchasing goods from WISH online store which I know nothing about and they won't find a solution to dat. Was thinking of GTB but with all dis I'm seeing here I think ZENITH will be better.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Dhavido(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2020
I use Zenith Bank, their customer care response is swift. They reply mails within 4 hours. Also, their online banking is reliable but they want to kill someone with account maintenance charges cry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by somehow: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2020
FCMB IS A TRAP
I REPEAT FCMB IS A TRAP
THEY WILL DEDUCT YOUR MONEY UNTIL YOU START OWING THEM!

Ope88:
I heard Zenith bank is the best of all banks..

Another friend Standard Chatered is also okay, no illegal deductions and all sort....

But like someone said, you can give fcmb a trial, they give u interest on your savings.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by somehow: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2020
FCMB will deduct money you are yet to receive.
It is only FCMB you will see -#2070 (Description ; Future SMS and card mentainance charges)

geezynoni:
Try Fcmb

3 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2020
spiritedtete:

Agreed with everything you wrote... perhaps it's just me.. i use to have issues with dispensed errors... transfer issues.. but since that 24hours rules... i just go to sleep i never experience any excuses... my money comes back in no time... perhaps i was just lucky.

dispense error sometimes reverses itself it is just about IT programming

some of the issues are not mainly from d bank, sometimes dey need contact d bank in which d incidence occured n dey may not even respond so ur bank is left hanging n u feel dey are not working.

hence most ATMs are made to dispense 10k to reduce dis dispense error issue.

no forget say interswitch dey there too dem get their own issues.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Lilshorecords(m): 10:56am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

I wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

So, any suggestions?

Bn using zenith bank for the past 5years, dem never fuc.k up for once... Try zenith bank bro
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by fashrola(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2020
ALAT Wema card is VERY useless when used on POS and ATM, it keeps declining or network issues
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Solatium(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2020
GuestLog:
It was WAR for me to reverse a failed POS transaction from UBA to First Bank. I consider both banks as thieves and fraudulent in nature and charges.

My best experience has been STANBIC BANK. I have never had a reason to call their customer service or know anyone who has complaints beyond what they expect from service. I transact 4-6 times daily and have no complaints whatsoever.

One of the very best bank around.
I have two accounts with them and I have never had cause to regret.
My complain has always been through Twitter DM and they always resolve my issue in less than 48hrs

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by duro4real(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Gtb is a bea, Any time any Day. i have a similar issue Around Last week, I have a indispensable error on the pos Paga machine, immediately Log my complaint to them on Facebook messanger, They Are always online to attend to any complaints btw the hrs of 9am to 5pm From monday to friday. instant reply, beleive me my brother my money was reverse btw 3 working Days.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by UbongCR7(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Most effective customer care na UBA abeg
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by intruder15(m): 11:03am On Jun 05, 2020
lilachiever:

The only bank I can recommend is Zenith Bank.

PS: I've used FBN and they were thrash, lost 50K to their incompetency. I use GTB too, but only as a transaction account and I don't leave more than 5K in the account (never experienced a failed transaction too.

My own thing is that I'd never ever use a POS no matter what, if the POS outlet won't take transfer I'll just Waka and if I want to withdraw using ATM, I'd make sure to use my bank's ATM gangan...

U lost 50k? That's a lot of money. What happened?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by GuestLog: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2020
chigutz:
Fidelity bank is one of the best In terms of being customercentric and improvement in their technology
Fidelity Bank Marketer spotted! grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
Union Bank is very good.
marry me

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by marisdgreat(f): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

Do you know what Ibadan women call LAPO?

Gbomu sori lantern (Putting your breast on a lantern). The worst mistake a businesswoman can make is to borrow money from LAPO. It will end in tears. cheesy cheesy cheesy
LAPOnu ���
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by walkwithgod(m): 11:08am On Jun 05, 2020
Jaemes:

I swear Kuda Bank is the best.
I'm finally free from all unnecessary deductions made by these thieves that disguise themselves as banks

good move bro. We always need to be 10 steps ahead of these fraudulent institutions.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by bobochem: 11:09am On Jun 05, 2020
Uba customer service is topnotch now.Many occasions were I be debited from atm transaction without receiving the money uba will credit u back within 5 mins.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 05, 2020
liverpudian9:

Fcmb keh na Yoruba dier bankers dey speak for abeokuta they are not different from old community bank
the founder is a yoruba,
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Gentlealibu: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2020
Nettybrown:
Try fidelity
I concur!
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by lilachiever(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2020
intruder15:

U lost 50k? That's a lot of money. What happened?

It is o, and the money pain me no be small.

Got robbed of my phone in a bus on a Sunday morning, the phone contained the sim linked to my FBN account. I called customer care but no response gotten, I sent a mail to have my account blocked.

Walked into the bank on Monday morning to know how far only to see that 50,500 had been wired from the account.

This particular account had no ATM linked to it and USSD transfer was not enabled on it, but the fraudsters used a mobile money agent to withdraw the money. How possible? FBN could not explain and claimed there's no way to retrieve the money. I just kukuma abandon the account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by intruder15(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2020
EmmBim:
Ecobank is worse,I was debited of 20k twice and the money was not dispensed ,I've made several complains,I was told that the money would be reverted back in the next 5-7 working days,it's 6th day today.They should just convert Ecobank to poultry

Na wa for u o. The TAT they gave u have not elapsed yet u want them to be converted to poultry? If today is the 6th day, then u counted last Saturday and Sunday. Which means today is the 4th working day and wednesday next week will be the 7th working day.

If they don't reverse it by then, then they can be converted to poultry. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Dangote And Femi Otedola Watching Arsenal Game In London / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.