Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (47032 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) / Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / What's Wrong With My Wema Bank ALAT App (please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Olarewaju89: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Make request for your gtb account officer number, they will solve your problem for you anytime you have issue . Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by bizhop01: 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
I will only advise you to use power bank.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Ope88(f): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
somehow:
FCMB IS A TRAP
I REPEAT FCMB IS A TRAP
THEY WILL DEDUCT YOUR MONEY UNTIL YOU START OWING THEM!

Are u talking of current or savings?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by collinometricx: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizv:

Lol very frustrating!

When you need them most they disappoint! Opened another account. Can't kill myself
Bank that disappointed me on the first day of this year ��
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by petitejolie(f): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Bash92:

Try standard chartered bank of Nigeria, have been using them since march, no illegal deduction, free transaction, no maintenance fee charged and you can easily get in touch with there customer care team. They have a toll free line too in case you have a complain.
is standard not same as stanbic
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Mayng01(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Run go zenith sharp sharp. Access is truly the fatherism of fraud. I ran away from there and move to zenith, ever since, I never get issues. If I get one dem go resolve am shaparly shaparly.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by jhydebaba(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizv:

Fidelity!? That bleeped up bank?

They still owe me 10k since last yr! And a failed transfer of 7k this year!

They keep posting me! Next 7 days ! Next 7 days.

They only paid back a recent failed transaction,after I told them I had sent an email to CBN...cos they'd pay double if CBN confirms the failed transaction,and a delay In refund from them.

Abeg give me that CBN email address make I send mail to them.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Blackbishop(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
Saynotoapc:

UBA no follow, did online transaction, it wasn't successful. Went straight to the closest branch made complain to the customer service.
She give me form which I filled, madam had to tell me that this might take months before they reverse the money. What I notice was this failed transaction are being fixed by the head office.
With annoyance I just Waka comot.
Up till date, I'm yet to get my money

Boss no give up, next time make your voice heard in banking hall, some of our customer service attendants are just over doing things. Believe next time you have issues report at the branch level and make sure you call the customer service to notify them and if the customer service staff failed to enter your details on system the customer service center agent will tell you and fix it for you. Am an Auto Technician now so I am not trying to sell them to you guys but to make things easier for you..
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by somehow: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
Savings account
Talking from experience!

Ope88:

Are u talking of current or savings?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Ryan03(f): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
angelfallz:

i have the same issue of failed transaction on POS with GTBank. they told me mine would be resolved in 8 days. i am patiently waiting. their complaints email is not working, but i have filled out a dispense error form.
You can also escalate to CBN.
mime was WEMA also. Exactly the same thing that happened to the op. They asked me to wait 14 working days, yesterday completed the 14 working days(approximately 3 weeks) yet I haven't seen the money back. I can't go now due to work related issues but i will surly be there next Wednesday. Bank matter tire me

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
EmmBim:
Ecobank is worse,I was debited of 20k twice and the money was not dispensed ,I've made several complains,I was told that the money would be reverted back in the next 5-7 working days,it's 6th day today.They should just convert Ecobank to poultry
Lolx Ecobank is useless.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ufedolove:

Op, I recommend this too. I personally use it. I don't leave money in any of my banks' accounts. I send them to my Opay account immediately to avoid failed transactions, charges, illegal and unnecessary withdrawal. It's totally free.
Lolx, I hope it doesn't end in tears one day
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by hopebacy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
my village ppl nearly laugh at me in my final year 2nd semester. but God pass them.
my big lesson..
1. don't do last minute online transactions with serious funds
op has just added another,, that is
2. don't make online transaction with Ppl's money. especially feeding money wen u don't have another to replace.
sorry op i did the same with my Gtbank card. but after a year+ i shamelessly went to apply for another.. i bet U'll do same for either Gtbank or ALAT.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Musty4ahmed1: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
Man90:
I will advise you to open an account with Stanbic IBTC bank. Their services are okay and reliable. I was once a DSA in the bank and I can attest to their good service.
You are very correct, Stanbic Ibtc bank has the best service, their customer care response is instant. That's my favorite and best bank.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Danger1000(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:
I am so pissed off right now.

I wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:

i. I will not be able to use the card or account anymore.

ii. I will be forced to open a new regular bank account.

The Story (in brief)

I suffered a failed POS transaction yesterday.

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

That said, I want you all to answer these two questions:

1. Which bank is reliable for online transactions?

2. Which bank has the most effective customer care service in this country?

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

Could you all help me out?

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

Go open a Zenith bank account and thank me later
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
Lolx Ecobank is useless.
so useless
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by benebaby77: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

don't know of now but I used UBA while in school (Delsu) around dis 2007, those guys deduct hell out of my acct n I got angry n stopped using dem, their mopol will harass u with those stupid ecobank police dat drive anyhow

Unity bank was very kind to us n dey paid us interest n even when I started withdrawing money every day cos of woman expenses dey called me to ask questions if I was involve or paying cultist n dey will help me to fish d guys out, I said no n to save me from squandering d savings dey banned me from withdrawing everyday till d mumu leave my life.

now dats a bank for u.

UBA is no no for me

Wow, I'm very impressed with what this unity bank did back then. This is how bank should care about ones...

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by benebaby77: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
I use Ecobank app. I tried to pay for BEDC units using the app and the transaction failed. I reported through the app and later went to the bank where I was told that the transaction would be reverted automatically. About a year later, I still haven't got my money back! Is this stealing or what?

Hope your money has not been declared as other income for the bank...
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by cezarman(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I wanted to recommend UBA but you said you have used them in the past. There was a time I was having issues I emailed them, they said I should send them my number that they will call. They did call and the issue was resolved. They customer care service are trying.

Bros, I can confidently tell you everything about UBA is bad. I hate that bank and all their employees (especially their customer care) with unlimited passion.

Bastarrd bank!
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by darelar(m): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I wanted to recommend UBA but you said you have used them in the past. There was a time I was having issues I emailed them, they said I should send them my number that they will call. They did call and the issue was resolved. They customer care service are trying.

UBA customers care are very very good. Even when someone scam me online for a clothing materials, after making a report to them, the lady call me in the evening it's seems we have unfinished business for over a month before I report her and her account was pend with first bank. She sent my materials within within 24 hrs .

They always act fast either mail, call or chat.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by danchuzzy(m): 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

I don't know which is worse between GTB and WEMA. I had a similar issue with GTB and couldn't contact them.

Their contact email address doesn't go. And whoever is running their Twitter help page is clueless. That one just kept sending me images of a POS machine and what to do in case of a failed POS transaction.

Do you have an internet banking profile with GTBank.

That shit saves a lot of stress.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Ayemileto(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

Lol. Contact their customer care on WhatsApp na. It's quite faster.

Or use Twitter.

Ordinarily, they should reverse the transaction within 5days.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Emmanuelcann: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
According to ur writeup, u only went to the bank once. Well, dont know what to say but u should've went there again.
First, I made the report with the app. When I went to physically report the matter customer service told me that it was unnecessary and that I didn't even need to come to the banking hall about it because it would be reverted even if I hadn't reported it.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Ope88(f): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
somehow:
Savings account
Talking from experience!

Although they deduct my money but they sure replace with interest
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by amsad19(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizv:

Fidelity!? That bleeped up bank?

They still owe me 10k since last yr! And a failed transfer of 7k this year!

They keep posting me! Next 7 days ! Next 7 days.

They only paid back a recent failed transaction,after I told them I had sent an email to CBN...cos they'd pay double if CBN confirms the failed transaction,and a delay In refund from them.
I also have the same issue with fidelity Bank, I paid for startimes subscription in December and the money was deducted yet the subscription is not successful, I went to their office, they promised me that it will be reversed in 1 week, yet nothing happened, I went to startimes office they said it wasn't successful, finally I was replied on twitter that the transaction is successful so I should stop complaining.

How can I report to the CBN?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by gentleguy1975: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
op,why not try any of these: Unity bank,stanbic ibtc,citi bank,eco bank,provides bank,heritage bank,or globus bank?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by bigl: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

In matters like this, Wema na baba!

The matter may be like that for 1 year!

Why u may ask?

A neighbour of mine was owing me 25k and she didn't explain to me what happened!

As she begin dey drag fee, na hin i threaten to take the matter to SARS (na just shakara), the money show face!

But till now, wema has not resolved her matter since 4months ago!

As per Gtbank, that's my bank!

One thing gtbank is not good for is going to the bank physically to lodge complaints!

U will just fill form and it may be there for days!

My trick is to apply for dispense error myself via the internet banking platform!

And if i get no response in hours, i email their headquarters!

To me, Gtbank is the best! Wema is worse but between wema and fcmb, i can't tell who is better!

OP use gtbank but apply for internet banking!

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by haon: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by do4luv14(m): 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
My guy, you are at fault here,

there are three ways to solve this

1: most POS had theur own Account, with their banks,

when inserting your card into any POS, alway known that, the transaction, is going thru their bank, not yours.,

most fail transaction is due to low Account on the POS, worst part is your account will be debitted, wether it went tru or not

2. Request for a card that includes POS personal series number, ( thats what your bank will use to validate, and tract the transaction)

with that card, and print out of a failed transaction, go to your bank, i repeat, go to your bank, ( dont call, go to the nearest branch) also not that efficiency of branches differ

Shoodboi:

UBA is not a bank. I have an account there but my ATM has expired. I don't use the account anymore anyway. They were fond of illegally deducting my money back then. They made some funny withdrawals every week or so. Very terrible bank. I still use their AfriCard though, not because I want to but because I have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Bash92(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
petitejolie:
is standard not same as stanbic
nop, totally different
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Torture2020: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Did you inform and complete a form at your Zenith bank branch in Ghana that you will use your Ghana card in Nigeria? To use a Zenith Bank Ghana ATM card outside Ghana, you are required to go to your branch, fill out a form that tells the bank in which country you intend using the card and for how long you intend to use the card in that country. If you don’t do that, you can’t use the card outside Ghana.

scriptures01:
I used my Ghana zenith bank Visa card in Nigeria 2015 trying to with 20,000 naira,
I got an error message on the ATM "Unable to dispense cash",
I tried a different Zenith bank ATM and got the same message.
30 mins later I got 2 debit alert on my Ghana account.
I rushed back Zenith bank and lodged my complaint.

Well its been 5 years and no reversal in sight. I gave up trying after multiple
attempts...
Now I avoid the ATM machines

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by lexy2(m): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
All the banks are the same Bruv. It took FirstBank 1month to revert the failed online transaction I made that failed. FirstBank will not even sent you any sms if they want to charge you for ATM withdrawal, sms, or stamp duty and sometimes when there's a failed transaction. You'll just check your account balance and see that your balance is shrinking. If you use first Bank account,you'll have to always snapshot your account balance after every transaction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Dangote And Femi Otedola Watching Arsenal Game In London / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.