Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance (504 Views)

5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance by Sonytech(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Many people had high hopes, expectations, new year resolutions, and plans for 2020 as that perfect year for them to finally make it. smiley
Vision 2020 posts and hashtags were flying all over Social Media. grin People were all pumped up and fired up about 2020. There was so much excitement about 2020, especially being that Year that marks the end of a Decade and the Beginning of another. Little did we know that 2020 had a different thing in stock for us. smiley

Just look at how fast shocked things have happened around the world across the year.
From War between Iraq and USA to reports of 3rd World War to Covid-19 breakout to Global Lockdown and Global Economic Recession.
So Covid-19 just came in and stole the show. grin
All that this Covid-19 Pandemic is just trying to teach us are these facts I stated below.

1. Be Prepared, Stay Woke. Be Prepared for the worst. Be prepared as if the world is coming to an end tomorrow. Never be caught unawares. Always plan for uncertainties in Life.
Be Intentional & Deliberate about your life, Don’t live your life by chance.
Be Prepared for worst days. Don’t expect everything to always go your way. Save money for Emergencies. This is not about being Negative but being Prepared and Proactive. Life is not a Bed of Roses, there will be ups and downs in Life. No amount of “God Forbid” can completely eradicate worst days.

2. Never rely on one Source of Income, It’s the riskiest thing to do. Even President Davido of the Risky nation will never try such. Diversify your Income. Have sources of Income that isn’t dependent on the Economy of a Particular Region.
“Don’t put all your Eggs in one Basket.”❌❌❌
[img]https://1.bp..com/-8TXbnWIDIDE/XtkSse-uNzI/AAAAAAAAArI/TDhRUDGhpzQGZ57XY4pZTWcvN3jEzPeZQCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/never-rely-one-source-of-income-or-put-all-your-eggs-in-one-basket%2B%25282%2529.png[/img]

Take your Income like a table. For a Table to stand and be well balanced, it needs to be on its 4 legs. If one of its legs breaks, it might lose a bit of Balance, but it will still stand unlike, only one leg that can’t even be used to construct a table.

3. Build yourself a Passive Income Machine that will that would require little or no efforts from You to be able to make you money while You sleep. It might take time, resources and money to set it up, but it’s worth every effort you put into it because whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. We are talking about something that will pay You for Years to come if not Decades self.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-_8aRTOZoaQ8/XtkSrpJCIQI/AAAAAAAAArE/f1O22jiqC7M5Xjjs9t_Iutv9MrWn_GOGACLcBGAsYHQ/s320/Don%2527t-Work-Till%2BYou-Die-TelecomPreneurs.jpg[/img]

“For Every day You make an effort to build your self a Passive Income Machine, You buy a day off in your Life in Future that You don’t have to work to earn Money.”

4. Be up to date with the World’s Current Trend and Evolution. Like I said in my 1st point, Stay Woke, Never be caught unfresh (sorry unawares). In every Era in Human History, there has always been an Evolutionary Change that controls that Era.
We had the Stone Age, where Man had to make tools from Stone and other materials for survival and its day to day activities. Followed by the Industrial Age in the 19th Century, where Industries and Manufacturing Companies were springing up and needed thousands and hundreds of thousands of people to work for them.

But Now in the 21st Century, We’re in the Digital Age, The Technology Age (ICT), The Age of Artificial Intelligence.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-kpHycED9Np8/XtkS-1y0g4I/AAAAAAAAArU/wFHG2eD151AAc09-pNwUiQ36zhA_ko_wQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Tech%2BIndustry%2Bvs%2Bothee%2BIndustry%2Bin%2BTech%2BAge.jpeg[/img]

Technology now controls everything we do in this Age. Whether it is in Business, Finance, Health, Communication. Transportation, Agriculture, name it. As You can see, Covid-19 came and virtually every of Our day to day activities went Online and relied solely on Technology.
So it will be very foolish of You to do things the 19th Century way in this 21st Century.

Zig Ziglar said, “It is Insanity to keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results.”
And that leads me to lesson number 5.

5. Covid-19 is a Catalyst to the Fact that Technology is taking the limited available Jobs from employees. Covid-19 came in and more people in Millions all over the world lost their Jobs/Sources of Income because there are available Technology-Based Inventions/Innovations that can do their Jobs more efficiently and faster. Companies and Business Owners had to find a way to reduce Expenses from Salary Payments and Leverage on Technolgy for more Profitability. A single computer or technology today can do the work of 100 (or even 1,000) people.

The world is shifting from that Era of “Go to School, Get good grades & Get a good job” to the Digital Age Era where Machines and Tech Innovations do most of the Jobs Humans were doing.
Companies are changing their Employment Methods. Even BIg Companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc are no longer employing Graduates like before. They prefer Tech Experts in different fields.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Eaol6gQc1SE/XtkURackgII/AAAAAAAAAro/toMBqT-cRzU-ilqwCL1L8sCeWC1WBdHoQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Changes-in-skills-demand.png[/img]

The sad Truth is more “Industrial” Jobs will be lost and more 21st Century types of Jobs will be created but the BIG QUESTION I will ask You is: Are You Prepared for the New Jobs that will be created? or will You keep on wailing and crying over lost Jobs?
Learn a Digital Skill that will make You relevant in this 21st Century Tech Age.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-l650kGsAIs0/XtkUO9GdFhI/AAAAAAAAArk/vTGDEMQAX04YbD74F8zTUkL0sstaTcu9QCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/12-skills-in-demand-2020.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-qq7VyQ7dnD0/XtkUEXv3rxI/AAAAAAAAArg/Eq4od0KMyWMvXYNgcXZPONjJX9CVC0l_QCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/skills-companies-are-need-most-in-2020.png[/img]

In any Evolution Era, there is always a transfer of Wealth and Business Opportunities from those who fail to upgrade (from the former Era) to those who upgrade to the new Evolution Era. Stay Woke on that, Don’t be caught sleeping. grin cheesy

“The Secret to Success in Business is knowing where the World is going to and running to pitch your Tent there.” — Bill Gates

6. Covid-19 has further exposed to people that Profitable Businesses can be built and done online and not the traditional way again. Since Covid-19 came, many Business Owners who have been redundant to the idea of doing Online Business or taking their Business Online have resorted to the use of the Internet and Social Media to keep their Business alive. Same thing as those who are looking for legit ways to make money online. Every Business Owner had to rely on the Internet and Social Media during the Lockdown [/b]caused by [b]Covid-19 to stay afloat.

“ If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business “ — Bill Gates

7. In every Economic Recession, there will always be Winners. There are new set of millionaires being raised in such a time like that because it’s a period where money swings from one set of people to another set of people. Instead of complaining of how bad things are going, THINK and open your mind and inner eyes to the Opportunities available in such a time.

“Most people don’t recognize opportunity when it comes, because it’s usually dressed in overalls and looks a lot like Hard Work.”

Asides from Business Owners in Agriculture, the Food Industry, its Value Chain and the Healthcare Sector, Winners of the economic recession caused by this Covid-19 are:
Tech Giants like Google and Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, TikTok, [/b]etc because of higher usage of them and people’s increased dependence on them.
✅[b]Tech Product owners for Webinars/Live Conferencing Apps like Zoom, Skype, GotoWebinar, Webinarjam,
etc due to their high demand.

The net worth of Zoom’s founder — Eric Yuan has increased by 77 percent to US$7.8 billion in just two months in this year 2020. shocked shocked shocked
According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, he is currently the top 200 richest in the world. Before 2020, he wasn’t even on the list.

Ecommerce Store Owners like Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Alibaba of Aliexpress (Richest Man in China), Jumia, etc
Online Business Owners like Freelancers on Online Marketplace like Fiverr and the likes, Internet Marketers, etc.
Then lastly and most importantly
Telecom Companies & Telecom Business Owners due to the high surge in demand for Airtime, Data and other Telecom Products because they are the Key-Value Chain and big determinants for the Success of the other Winners I mentioned above. Without the existence of their products and services, the other 4 winners I mentioned above won’t have customers.
I’m sure You’ve learnt a lot from these lessons and gained massive value from this post. I want you to TAKE ACTION on the things You’ve learnt from this.
If this Post impacted your life positvely, then why not share this post with your Friends and Family to impact their lives too.
Talking about Taking Action, What if I show You A Business I and other Winners of Covid-19 Pandemic are doing from Home by using Our Smartphones to build Ourselves a Passive Income Machine that makes us Money while we sleep and is transferable to our Children in Future?
If You would like to join us in this Business, then I want to congratulate You because You’ve taken that Bold Step to commence your journey to Financial Freedom. One of my Goals in Life is to take as many People as possible to that place called Financial Freedom. Click the below link to join us.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR GROUP TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE BUSINESS
If You would like to get more Life Changing posts and articles like this, You can follow me here on Nairaland and other Social Media Platforms @DivergentSony so You won’t miss out on articles I Post in future.
See You in my Next Post, Bye for Now. cool wink
Re: 7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance by ugwusunday(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nice write up

2 Likes

Re: 7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance by SoNature(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Engaging, well-researched piece!

I perused it word for word!

Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: 7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance by Sonytech(m): 9:55am On Jun 05, 2020
Thanks for your comment, I'm glad You got value.
SoNature:
Engaging, well-researched piece!

I perused it word for word!

Keep it up!
Re: 7 Lessons To Learn From Covid-19 Pandemic To Succeed In Life, Business & Finance by Tibz47(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2020
An eye opener... thanks @Op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3D Panels ₦3800/sqm / Breaking:CBN Devalue Naira By 5.3% At The Currency Auction. / Need A Loan, I Have Suitable Collateral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.