Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? (21875 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Does Money Change People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?
Let singles like me learn something new

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Taywon: 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Money is Everything... Love is just 1%

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by DontBullshitMe: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Women are in marriage for money.

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Mstick: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord.

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Jullima(f): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mstick:
It's doesn't bring happiness but lack of it also doesn't bring happiness either. Like everything in life there must be a balance.

I've not seen a couple dancing Indian dance when their property is being thrown into the street by their landlord.
[img]https:///view/dance-indian-dance-happy-dance-rani-mukherji-paheli-gif-13482628.gif[/img]

34 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mstick:

This is true.

4 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2020

24 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Women are in marriage for money.
You can say that all you want, is it not the same women that are married to Nigerian guys earning 50k per month? All the married low and average earning husband are married to women not goats.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by patani(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
rockstarB:
I know money brings COMFORT in all form, marriage inclusive but does it bring HAPPINESS along?
Like does being married to a man rich automatically makes a woman a happy woman? Will it make the marriage a happy marriage? A happy home for the kids etc. I know the wife of a rich man would quite be comfortable compared to that of a low income earner.

She can easily outsource whatever she needs thereby making her comfortable in her home. From washing machine, maids, full dstv subscription, driver, Gateman, shopping, vacation and all good things that money can buy; does all these bring true happiness?

When a distance sister of mine got married to her husband years ago, we were definitely not too happy for her. We thought she'd suffer in a marriage without finance. The truth is they still have finance issues till now, but not something beyond their power.
It's close to 10 years now and I realise she is happy there, herself and her husband are low income earners yet they found happiness in each other. See her looking younger than her age with two kids to show for it.

I have also come to realise(from observation) that most times, it's likely for a woman to eventually marry a low or average income earner(as against the illusion of a millionaire husband). As long as the woman has something doing, they usually end up doing well. You see them looking better than they were when they both got married cheesy lol
Seems like a good marriage brings out the beauty of both sexes, little wonder why young ladies dont mind dating married men grin

So married men and women, what is your take on this? Does money bring happiness in marriage? Is finance all about the comfort it can bring?

lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

What you read online is usually not tru reflection of reality... Beeing confortable is the most important thing at home... Most men who were already made before their first marriage are jerks who has little or no respect for women...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by TypicallyBrunt(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Money doesn't guarantee happiness but it doesn't cause as much sadness as a lack of it does. In other words, while you need many factors to be truly happy, financial comfort at least makes your chances better than a lack of it.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Like you rightly said, money gives comfort.

It does not give happiness in marriage however, the comfort can give a bit of respite in a loveless marriage.

And for some, the comfort is enough.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
I don't think it's the only way to be happy at all, so your sister and her husband's situation isn't that uncommon.

But there's a possibility that having it would make them substantially happier, assuming money is the only thing that changes in their marriage because money and power change what people can literally afford to do and how they act, and a change in attitude and movement brought on by the money could be what impacts the level of happiness or being happy at all, not necessarily the money itself, but what it brings along with it

That saying, whilst I don't think it's enough on its own to bring absolute happiness, most people would probably cry in a Ferrari than on a bike. It's an important/helpful factor but not enough to bring total happiness to a marriage, there are also many other factors that contribute to a 'happy' marriage

But for the most part, at the end of the day it depends on what you're looking for

7 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
patani:

What you read online is usually not tru reflection of reality... Beeing confortable is the most important thing at home... Most men who were already made before their first marriage are jerks who has little or no respect for women...
I believe this to be true. They already have everything, the only thing the woman is bringing is kids and to them this can be done outside marriage.
I perceive this arrogance, especially if the proposed wife isnt financially bouyant herself. She is a status quo to them. Something the society espects them to have.

4 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Poor people have maids.
They subscribe to dstv or gotv.
The things u listed are not attributes of rich people alone.

U have to define what u mean by being married to rich man.

A man earning 150k with wife earning 80 to 100k monthly are rich going by your description.
Also, lots of rich people drive themselves.

Stop assessing people with this.

There are men who naturally don't have competitive spirit. If they marry a kindred spirit, they are comfortable and ok. It's who they are and their beliefs that determine their level of happiness.

A guy who love the good things of life and work extensively to get them with a wife who is equally materialist like him will no doubt enjoy their riches to the max.

It's all about compatibility. U will only have problem when Mr A goes for the lady who doesn't believe in his ideology or miss A going for an opposite to who she is.

In as much as we all love money so much in Nigeria, I have come across people who don't care about millions and billions.
I have also come across grand parents who have been in money all through their lives and still oozing out love.
Find your spec. Simple. It's never a competition.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
I can't say money will definitely lead to a happy marriage but I can specifically say that whatever the level of poverty or riches, money will make it better.
In some cases money is there, plenty of it, yet no happiness. In other cases there is poverty but they are still happy. Now you see the latter, with money that marriage will definitely be happier.

6 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
sassysure:
Poor people have maids.
They subscribe to dstv or gotv.
The things u listed are not attributes of rich people alone.

U have to define what u mean by being married to rich man.

A man earning 150k with wife earning 80 to 100k monthly are rich going by your description.
Also, lots of rich people drive themselves.

Stop assessing people with this.

There are men who naturally don't have competitive spirit. If they marry a kindred spirit, they are comfortable and ok. It's who they are and their beliefs that determine their level of happiness.

A guy who love the good things of life and work extensively to get them with a wife who is equally materialist like him will no doubt enjoy their riches to the max.

It's all about compatibility. U will only have problem when Mr A goes for the lady who doesn't believe in his ideology or miss A going for an opposite to who she is.

In as much as we all love money so much in Nigeria, I have come across people who don't care about millions and billions.
I have also come across grand parents who have been in money all through their lives and still oozing out love.
Find your spec. Simple. It's never a competition.
smiley
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Not entirely, but it brings comfortability and a level of satisfaction that you're sitting pretty, no matter the situation.

7 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
patani:

Mostly true, but there are also men who have next to nothing in marriages that don't also respect women, so it is relative.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by walkwithgod(m): 6:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
There is nothing like true love in a Nigerian woman's dictionary. The day you loose your job / stop earning...she takes the next flight.

Hypergamy is the name of the game, that's just how things work over here.

If you want to get married, at least have a job / side hustle...make she sef get her own cause naija no funny one bit.

People say 'money isn't everything' and I tell them to have lots of it before saying such nonsense.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ststyreal(f): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nope.... A wonderfully happy man/woman gives you all the happiness Money cannot give.

5 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
rockstarB:

smiley
Being married to a rich man to me is married to a man that earns nothing less than 500k per month.
What category do we place a husband that earns like 60 and a wife that earns around same?
Your post is really enlightening. 150k per month is money o, especially with a wife that earns 80k
It depends on your definition of wealth and your background.

If u are from a very poor background, 60k is big money.

Dangote's child making 500k a month is classified as being poor. In a year, he makes 6million. That's very poor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
ststyreal:
Nope.... A wonderfully happy man/woman gives you all the happiness Money cannot give.
A rich man who loves his wife dearly will equally spoil her with anything money can buy.
Make no mistake about it. Or u think rich people are not capable of love?

Our pastors are worth millions in dollars. Are they not spoiling their wives?
How to have a happy marriage seminars are organised by them and they are worth billions in Nigerian currencies with private jets and mansions all over the world. Or are they excluded from the list? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
sassysure:

It depends on your definition of wealth and your background.

If u are from a very poor background, 60k is big money.

Dangote's child making 500k a month is classified as being poor. In a year, he makes 6million. That's very poor.
True. Everything get class

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
No strength for e fight kiss
Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by gratefulheart(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
Does Poverty Bring Happiness In A Marriage?

rockstarB:

lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by ststyreal(f): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2020
sassysure:

A rich man who loves his wife dearly will equally spoil her with anything money can buy.
Make no mistake about it. Or u think rich people are not capable of love?

Our pastors are worth millions in dollars. Are they not spoiling their wives?
How to have a happy marriage seminars are organised by them and they are worth billions in Nigerian currencies with private jets and mansions all over the world. Or are they excluded from the list? grin
Forget my friend..... Na the more you look the less you see... Y then is the divorce amongst some of these so called rich pastors...
Nothing beats peace of mind in marriage...
Who needs a rich saucy sad man or woman as a spouse, just give me a humble happy average income earner partner and the joy will no know bound. Money in my opinion isn't all that is to a happy home...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 05, 2020

3 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2020
ststyreal:

Forget my friend..... Na the more you look the less you see... Y then is the divorce amongst some of these so called rich pastors...
Who needs a rich saucy sad man or woman as a spouse, just give me a humble happy average income earner partner and the joy will no know bound. Money in my opinion isn't all that is to a happy home...
How many of them are divorced?
And who told you they are sad?

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 05, 2020
ststyreal:

I'm with you on this. I wouldn't be able to cope with an arrogant rich man

1 Like

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by XXLMANDIGO: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2020
cheesy

If you are a Broke ass or struggling ,your Wife nagging will always be on speed dial...

6 Likes

Re: To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Personally. . . . . I was neither financially-insecure nor unhappy before marriage, so I did not get married for WEALTH OR HAPPINESS.

I got married FOR CONVENIENCE and I have remained financially-secure, HAPPY and the marriage is still SUPER-CONVENIENT. cool

Material comfort can equate to happiness for some and I see nothing wrong with that.
Comfort brings me happiness. I bring my own WEALTH to ANY MARRIAGE. Marriage is only for convenience. kiss

You can only be unhappy in a wealthy marriage if you are CURSED or MENTALLY-HANDICAPPED!
Na “man” I go chop? cheesy

Marriage does not bring happiness either, so why suffer DOUBLE PUNISHMENTS in poverty? undecided

I would rather suffer in WEALTH! At least I would not be starving for food! cool

Men are learning to marry UP too.
Good move. Show me the money jor!

Know yourself nor be curse sheeeeey? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Four Generations, One Picture / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.