Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49851 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatfullheart: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mehn, during my ND days i suffered for those who know AUCHI POLYTECHNIC(AUCHI POLYTENSION). Lack of money made me trekked from campus 1 to campus 2 to write test, then trekked back to campus 1 and when i went into the class to receive our next lecture and boom i forgot my note book in campus 2 after the lecture i had to trek back to pick and then they had already lock the place i forgot it and i had to trek again home(i stayed in sabo then) deadly area.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Iykejohn419(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nawa oooo....Nah so so 200lvl tynz happen

During my yr1 2nd semester wen I had no cash on me, I ate eba with red oil and raw egg(egg soup)" mad mixture" hahahaha....

For my yr2, nah im ah know say garri is life bcx i drank garri without sugar for 3day so tae I dey rotate am, eat am raw today, drink am tomorrow....

The trekkings that period wen pocket dry no be childs play oooo,ah know weytyn Sun ☀ do me

E get where hunger hold me reach, ah start to chop anything ah see not minding where it comes from or how it got there oooo

Las Las I'm still alive and thanking God for saving my life bcx during those hard times, I never felt sick even with all d mumu food combination and concoctions wey fit purge person.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatfullheart: 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
During my ND IN AUCHI POLY,I drank garri and groundnut morning, afternon and evening for 3 straight days until i couldnt see anymore. My room kept giving out my foodstuffs. upon the hunger i fell ill(malaria). later i and my of my course had to sneak into someone else's banana plantation to cut unriped banana to boil and eat with red oil. Upon the suffer no result to show the carryover i came back to write the unfornate old lecturer gave me back to back until i lost it.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Iykejohn419(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Greatfullheart:
During my ND IN AUCHI POLY,I drank garri and groundnut morning, afternon and evening for 3 straight days until i couldnt see anymore. My room kept giving out my foodstuffs. upon the hunger i fell ill(malaria). later i and my of my course had to sneak into someone else's banana plantation to cut unriped banana to boil and eat with red oil. Upon the suffer no result to show the carryover i came back to write the unfornate old lecturer gave me back to back until i lost it.

That's really sad.... E get lecturers wey God supposed punish for us oooo, like this man failed me bcx I no concur to contribute give am 1500 for sport equipment wey ah no even use sef.The bastard still embarrass me wen I went back to write d course again.... Twas really a bad experience den, but I really feel for u sha
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by DecrownBread: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Reading all these stories makes me grateful for what I have
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Snatch a bag... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
medolab90:
[b][/b]

Hmmmm why though
All of us here endured those tough times and suffer the indignities which obviously still leave a bad tastes in our mouths when remembered for us TO STAND ON OUR OWN TWO FEET'S without being a financial burden and nuisance to others. Begging is plucking a low hanging fruit, it is not dignifying.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nectarina(f): 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mine was during my final year in school when my bestie and I were very broke,we had to mix the little garri and little semo we had together and we begged for soup from our neighbour,after eating in the night we had to reserve part of it so that we will eat in the morning before going to class.Unfortunately in the morning there was no kerosene to warm it so we had to eat it cold like that,and after eating it we rubbed powder and went to the class smiling. grin..Thank God it is all in the past now.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ZaramT: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
Whaaat Reading this, I say make I cry d cry no come out, I say make I laugh e no still come out. Imagining the trekking alone got me exhausted.

I pray God answers anyone passing through this right now.

zionmde:
ate raw indomie
2 packs

Ate raw garri mixed with salt

boiled white rice and ate with indomie spices mixed with water

ate a soup dat has been sour for 2dayd

for those of us who know pH very well
I trekked from choba to rumuola, from rumuola to Rumuokoro, den back to choba in search of teaching job

trekked from Mile3 to choba on an early morning

went to a wedding centre to beg guests for money so I can survive

but thank God, we don't look like wat we have been through. Never give up, always focus on where u are going to

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2020
Damsman10:

That's true, mostly around school and service periods.

But pls o, let's try to help people in desperate situations and circumstances if we can... At times in Life we need to learn to lean on one another.
Begging gnaws at your self esteem and dignity which you will need after the rough patch. It is what we try to protect by these weird stuffs done to survive.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Johnnydboy: 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
My 200L....i remember one night me and my roommate had to lick pepper just to quench hunger...... We calculate say our brain go think say we don chop enough food wea get plenty pepper... Chia survival is a must

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by abdullkabar(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lolz, they are so many and they happen during my university days
From cutting Siam weed, wild leaves to use as Efo, Eating Eba with water, not eating for days(cuz I only use hotplate, no gas), eating sour foods cuz I can't afford another, walking from Mayfair to inside OAU campus cuz no transport fair or tight budget
There were also better days I hate turkey too, drank hollandia etc
We just gats to keep pushing

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nikes(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
Man has been through shit o. If I talk about the things that have gone into my stomach and out because of hunger ppl go dey wonder whether I still be human being. Sometimes I look at ppl who were born with a silver spoon misbehaving and I'd be like 'I pray you get the true picture of life'

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nikes(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Obedinho130:
I always make moist garri with red oil, raw onions, salt, and raw maggi cheesy It is delicious and usually saves someone cos ur stomach will be filled to the brim. School is tough thats y u can't afford not to make it after passing through those hard times. I must make it in Jesus name Amen

Taaa bros who are uuu. How did u know this!...Thats my formula right there grin grin grin. I call it gusgus. Omo d mixture sweet pass some food o grin

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
if I tell you Nigerians are suffering, these are typical examples of what I am talking about.
e no easy, guys.everybody just dey rough am.

a large percent of people experiences here all centered on being hungry.
hunger dey naija.

SMH...it's so bad.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by abbadavid: 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Waec 2020 prepared and proposed questions watch, learn and practice

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=248988269665427&id=100036627673142

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:00am On Jun 06, 2020
dododawa1:
Nairaland coming back to gloryous days against TRIBALISM forum
tell me more,please.what changes have you noticed?

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by dododawa1: 12:01am On Jun 06, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

tell me more,please.what changes have you noticed?
story line like this been long
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by AmDayo: 12:15am On Jun 06, 2020
McBrooklyn:
Played Bet9ja virtual..

Na the debt I dey pay till now.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:19am On Jun 06, 2020
if you couldn't relate to all these experiences,it is either 1)you ain't in Nigeria or 2)you are ajebutter pikin.(you are well to do)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by LexPrescott(m): 12:34am On Jun 06, 2020
zionmde:
ate raw indomie
2 packs

Ate raw garri mixed with salt

boiled white rice and ate with indomie spices mixed with water

ate a soup dat has been sour for 2dayd

for those of us who know pH very well
I trekked from choba to rumuola, from rumuola to Rumuokoro, den back to choba in search of teaching job

trekked from Mile3 to choba on an early morning

went to a wedding centre to beg guests for money so I can survive

but thank God, we don't look like wat we have been through. Never give up, always focus on where u are going to

I live in PH. You really try to trek that kyn distance o. I thought I was the only Israelite. I used to trek from UST back gate to Garrison back and forth twice daily in search of IT space, and also every single street and lane in Diobu in search of a teaching job as well, after I finished. I thought it was so bad. But reading your experience, I see say I dey learn work.

I hope you've moved above that level now.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 12:34am On Jun 06, 2020
weareok:

No 200l collegian
Naso ,,,na our future doctor you be o...
Na around there my accomodation day before o,ujulee,,,
Man I miss aau like mad
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 12:38am On Jun 06, 2020
AbooNasir:

Confam! AAU aka blood [money] suking town, aka ekposgidi!!! Who no go no know....... Plenty time wey man gats enter sku with empty belle, sometimes u go leave hostel for SKU/NFA just to see if u go see person buy u chow,las las no 1wan buy u chow except Megasea!! Trekking from school gate to nfa to and fro was a daily basis exercise with ur well ironed starched shirt.......we go dey alright,all on God
Nfa don shot down long before I graduate self ,
Thank God say belle no be show glass o if not ,,all na packaging ,,even the babes too day form packaging ,,na another stage of life we day so oooo,,,,we go still make am
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Judybash93(m): 1:09am On Jun 06, 2020
Baloranking:

Back in 200l, University people go understand say second semester na owu period.

No cash on me that time,one babe saved me then , she gave me raw rice, as I dey cook I no allow the rice soft I just add palm oil,salt and pepper dey chop am from fire.

Gosh, the good old days grin

Frontpage material cool

Good?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by oshorstan(f): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2020
Hmmmmm man do suffer oooo, especially when I was at AAU Ekpoma.

1. I done enter Aboki trailer to Benin to go do Legbuke work

2. I have boiled raw rice , naso my gas finish oo... oh boy naso I eat am like that. after all e go done for my Belle

3. I done drink garri for a month, during my 200L. With salt and enough water.

4. pluck plenty sugar cane keep, eat am for night. so the sugar go convert to glucose.. oh Lord

5. begging online to survive

na beggy beggy I take go school oooo

oh Lord Bless me well... I go help people oooo and also help myself and family

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2020
onosbaba3310:
lolz, mine cast shall.
boy life during my ND days was stressful ooo
but man must survive.

based on say no father(he died when i was 2years or so)

and mom ran away after my dad's death, so she left with me with my old grandma(dad's mom) and she was the one that actually trained me up to my ND.

oboy I had to manage ooo, and suffer alot because I don't want to stress grandma,

I remember during ND 2,after borrowing money to pay for my house rent,pay school fees and buy foodstuffs for me, my grandma fell sick, God, she was sick for months ,and during that time my foodstuffs finish, I had to drink garri from morning till night for some weeks, Bros before I know my garri too finish and my gas too.

thank God for some friends who would allow me eat with them, especially one of my guy from Lagos, Thompson,that dude too go good ooo, sometimes he will just look at me and be like Destiny, I know u never eat since,just come my hostel later, some times he will just dash me money (1000, sometimes 500) that guy was my saviour back then.

I remember how I stay awake at night doing other people's programming assignment for 200 naira.

boy those days were horrible,but I survived it, grandma finally well, when I be wan die ,I had to tell her my predicament,she wept that night, only God knows how she did it,she actually wey be foodstuffs to me 3days after I told her, and attached 1000 naira.

I love her like mad, God knows that she has always been my heroin and my dreams na to shower her with everything good in life,once things settle down.

note things worst pass as I take write am, just have to shorten am,if I want talk wetin I don pass through,na another thread I go just go open..
Dont wait till money plenty. Anything u get, do for her
Even cash never dey, just tell her how special she is and that u love her. Put smiles on her face and make her proud by your conduct
People like that dont need much, they are satisfied seeing that you turn out right. Financial reward na just bonus.
Tell her now she is special. Send my love to her

Dont hate your mum. In life, shi*t hsppens. Just take it like thst
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Bibidear(f): 6:53am On Jun 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
no ooo.. 2013,14,and 15 i dey always travel round southwest schools for final year student projects... i suffer that year no be small
lol, okay....cos I did my degree there
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2020
henzy4life:
dat means ur own level of hunger no high na em make u throwaway am,if na dis kind serious hunger wey we dey reason here,omo u must finish dat drawing porridge yam and still be Happy u did.
Lol. Una go kill persin with laugh. This is the best thread this year so far. We will make it o
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by McBrooklyn(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2020
AmDayo:

Na the debt I dey pay till now.

Lol virtual got you bruh.. Funny me ah dey chop dem like back to back then, so no regrets cheesy
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by seanwilliam(m): 7:15am On Jun 06, 2020
Bibidear:

lol, okay....cos I did my degree there
affiliation program to eksu abi unn? And which year
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by weareok(m): 7:20am On Jun 06, 2020
larryking540:

Naso ,,,na our future doctor you be o...
Na around there my accomodation day before o,ujulee,,,
Man I miss aau like mad
I fit get your contact

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pictures From Area Fight In Oshodi Today / A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos / The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56