Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,002 members, 7,803,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49868 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2020
mamatwiny:
Back then in my year 1 I ate bread morning afternoon night, it was the cheapest food as it was sold N10 per one. Garri and water preferably chilled. Sometimes with chilled mirinda.It got to the extent that they changed my name to bread. They complained I don't take the bread with tea and I lied that I am allergic to tea, that each time I drink tea, I vomit whatever I have taken. I maintained no tea stand throughout that 1st year. By 2nd year, I started cooking.

When I started cooking, my friend introduced me to meeting the buka ppl so they can keep the fish head for us. It was free then. They will pack these fish head for me and you need to perceive my stew . Choi. You will be salivating, without knowing na so so fish head full the stew. I can also eat beans for one week straight. I mess sotey I use mess wake my roommates for sleep. I was deep asleep and was unaware that mess was going on. They said that particular one was the 4th one and they couldn't endure it. Dem come dey smell our yansh ooo. I was banned from eating "agwa " in that room.

As I type this I am still laughing at what happened that night.
Choi. Life!! Who no go, no know.
This your story funny sha . grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2020
Blackbug:

Seriously man, you won’t be helping him?
Did you not read stories of people saying some other person came to their aid?
You are wicked. Shior. ’you Won’t be really helping him undecided
Even reading this stories has change some of my perception. Nothing is too small to give out now.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ayterajah(m): 7:46am On Jun 06, 2020
eating bread and groundnut around 12pm .... that will serve as morning and afternoon food and I will still eat fufu in the night almost every month for years before I later got waitering job back then in sch
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Hyfer(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
ok mine was that I do pray to God not to put me in an unbearable condition cry
so praying to God not to put you in an unbearable situation is a weird thing?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2020
shugasofttouch:
Mine was being the only female bricklayer amongst men. I was teased and yabbed for being a BSc holder and being a bricklayer it was tough being a beautiful lady that I am doing such to make ends meet. it's not funny.
Wow. This is brave of you. I love ladies like these
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Bibidear(f): 8:07am On Jun 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
affiliation program to eksu abi unn? And which year
eksu.... finished last year
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Obedinho130: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2020
Nikes:

Taaa bros who are uuu. How did u know this!...Thats my formula right there grin grin grin. I call it gusgus. Omo d mixture sweet pass some food o grin
We call it kuskus too. I still do it ooo
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by GeniusHawlah(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?
The difference between yours and mine is that your liquid had colour; I used that colorless liquid we normally drink. cry
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by medolab90(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2020
CloudWalker:

All of us here endured those tough times and suffer the indignities which obviously still leave a bad tastes in our mouths when remembered for us TO STAND ON OUR OWN TWO FEET'S without being a financial burden and nuisance to others. Begging is plucking a low hanging fruit, it is not dignifying.

I get you,but you know there's sometimes where we don't have choice than to beg to survive no one wish for that but when situations push us to that we just have to sometimes. Just help with whatever you have your help might go a long way who knows.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by goldtube(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Life is funny how a rich nigga Was a portman, I still remember that year when we dey carry full tree for shoulder dey run for inside bush grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Felamoney: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2020
200l 2nd semester me and my friend had not eaten all through the day, we had to go and steal plantain from someone farm under the rain first attempt we were almost caught had to go back again but the experience was very funny
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Thryphosa(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2020
In the Uni, trekked from my house to school for lectures whenever I'm broke.

Had a room mate who wouldn't bother to eat anything from morning till night whenever we were without food stuff, and will be calm all through so much so that he would still be active in class. He wouldn't beg for food or money sef. I guess he's used to fasting during Ramadan period, he's a Muslim while I'm a Christian, I don't joke with food.

Let me modify, one big lesson I learnt from that my friend till today is contentment, Yusuf was a definition of contentment, he was always contented with whatever he had, no complain, always hoping for a better situation, will not beg you for anything no matter what. He dislikes begging. Thank God, we're both doing well for ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
micah1122:
Chai,first semester of 100l was terrible
Hunger wire me no be play
I don drink garri without sugar for days,imagine drinking garri without sugar and u no get idea of wetin u go chop next
I don mix beans soup,with raw garri,chop am one night like dat
I get running stomach d next day,i dy shit like say na piss i dy piss
Kerosene no dy to do eba
I don stand up from my house around some mins after 10pm,go beg one of my female coursemate if she get food wey she chop remain,hunger want kill me dat day
I don beg niggas for like 200naira make i use chop,i use dat moni survive for like 3 days
At times self even to waka na problem,i go dy waka,movement no stable,eye dy spin
I lost alot of weight in my 100l first semester

And i tall,so it was really obvious dat am losing weight
One of my female course mate don ever buy me bread and coke one night,after i tell her say i never chop since morning.She saved a soul
I no fit blame my parents,cos i know say if dem get,dem no go leave me like dat
I no fit tell dem situation of things, make my mumsy no go get sickness cos of thinking,e no dy hard her think
But one thing i know be say,na time
Very soon,all dis hard times go become story
Though i dy my 200l now sha

Guy e jst be say na my story u dey share for here
Ah swear for this life we go make am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by remi1444: 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
placeofallure:
Maybe 100 level when I haven't understood the terrain very well. I remember I had to take only garri and milk for a whole week. Then, I lived alone. I had people I could ask for help but I really don't like doing that so I drank my garri morning, afternoon, night , 7 days with joy.
From my year 2 no more dull moments o! Those students who attend school at home and don't have to travel several miles, you don't know what you've got!
folake4u.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by folake4u(f): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
remi1444:
folake4u.

Lmaoooooooo na true sha grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by remi1444: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
folake4u:

Lmaoooooooo na true sha grin grin grin grin
You people should respect us sha. Unfortunately, you're the least person respecting me sef. cry
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by folake4u(f): 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
remi1444:
You people should respect us sha. Unfortunately, you're the least person respecting me sef. cry

I go beat you oh, nor try me cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by KelvinC1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Susily:

You'll make a good entrepreneur. Your bargaining skill is top notch
HUGE THANKS
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by jeriwap(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
teemotee:
so many things ... I was so broke I entered a gutter to pick up torn fifty naira note that I saw

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn son!!!! shocked
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Blaqcape: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
mine was back then at AUCHI POLYTECHNIC Nd2 second semester exams.. no foodstuff except garri.
1.I usually go to school hostel(boys) to their reading center to read , so that fateful day I decided not to eat to save my garri hoping to eat at my friends,i treked from Igbe road to the hostel getting their no show, I just enter the reading center read till evening as I get paper the next day (afternoon) ,Oboy hunger dey nack me akpako. I still reach my friend(guy) side again that evening instead of me to talk say hunger dey beat me I just silent dey laugh.. I just park up. go back reading center read till the next day, trek back home and soaked my garri with crayfish, Baff go exam hall write exam.. I soak my garri till I finish my exam.. it's not as if I can't ask my parents to send money I nor just like to dey disturb or worry person when I come house ehn I black con over lean..
2.During exam I nor dey comb my hair no time as my hair is very very long and engineering course nor be joke (circuit theory), I just pack am dey wear head warmer dey go write exam for like 2 weeks.. except Saturday and Sunday

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by BigDickFucker(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Oboi, ona be real Nigerians. Anybody wey stay naija fit stay anywhere for this world even Jupiter.

As for me, my suffer start from boarding school. I been dey ACHS rivers state, my papa no give me pocket money, on top dat one, third week of school, my meal ticket loss. So I dey reach refectory like 1 hour after people don chop to find left over,, i been dey find people to flog me so I go fit get money to buy meal ticket(500 naira),

E get time wey reach, God come bless me, when I dey pass school farm, I see ripe plantain, naso I carry my garri dey drink garri and plantain.

I get millions of experience for life, but I no fit share all. When I dey boarding school, I chop grass one time make I get money to chop food.

For Uniben as fresher I been dey 15 years, the only place wey I been know say I fit print and photocopy na main gate. During clearance, I trek from engineering to health center two times straight under hot sun⛅. From there I trek go back hall 3, then to main gate before I go back class, all in the name of clearance.

When I dey 8 years I been dey carry bucket of mud and hardcore to work with men wey be dey build hostel. Things don dey hard but 10 figure money is the goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by janzguy: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Olamilekxy:
when I was in a 100level i brought a lot of food stuff to school, so I used to cook for others guy in my hostel from my foodstuff, within a month all the food finished included my gas, I thought the guys in my hostel will help but they didn't even look my side again, and I always saw them going to iya basira to buy food while I don't have any money with me, mehn hunger wire me that time no be small, since then i don get brain ooo.

Obviously a product of NSUK!!!! Lolzz!! Iya Basira the canteen for big boys and girls.. Only NSUK products will understand

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Wierdceo: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
teemotee:
so many things ... I was so broke I entered a gutter to pick up torn fifty naira note that I saw
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin
Hahahaah lol. Jesus!!!!!

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

Which institution are you and what course are you studying??
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Which institution are you and what course are you studying??
FUT minna
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Saynotoapc:

Bro you get long way to go 200l

Had same experience I did prescience (predegree) the hunger mad, during those time we lived on pear (UBE )..
100l everywhere soft. Collected times 2 of my tuition fee house rent so man was living lavida local. 200l matter change first semester it was that bad I had to depend on the food stuff momcy gave me, second semester matter change no food stuff I also didn't not visit home throughout I was part of the student that stay back after exam. I took cheap pills just to lock up stomach bro for one week I was on cheap pills.
E no easy. Untill story change finally, I used my 300l tuition fee open Cyber cafe inside school, man started living lavida local back.

School life for Naija no easy..

Truely man,i still get long way
I just thank God say upon everything,my parents still get d mind send me go school
My prayer be say,when everywhere good,make them dy alive to enjoy the fruit of their labour
Omo dat first semester 100l really rough
Bro i enter school,with just 3mudu of beans,2 abi 3 mudu of rice and like 3mudu of garri
Even pepper,salt,maggi and oil na wahala most times,talk more of tomato self
I survive with those things for like 2months
I no go like pray make my enemy see wetin i see sha

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatzeus(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
" Have been through it,from court cases to car chases to the rap fabrication,I won it all to be an object of your admiration.... Nas ( Street Disciple).
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hydra1:
I can't forget this date : 10.11.12

I was a corps member serving in Ilorin and this particular month was a very long one as allawee no show on time and no shingbain for acct.

I and my roommate woke up this particular day (10.11.12) hungry and almost falling sick. We decided to go out and do whatever I took to get food. That's how we trekked to this construction site (now Kwara mall), met with one contractor fixing up one bank space (I think fidelity bank). We told him we were corps members and ready to do any job. Na so I do the kain labourer work I never do for my life. We were paid 1.5k each. The money sweet me cos na literally my sweat with beta body pain and headache.
Na so we first go chop very cheap mama put, download one bottle of gulder each, buy drugs for body pain, then enter market with the balance, shop for one week food.

I can't forget that unique date 10.11.12. It became my hustle code ever since.
Oh so you're that corper boy that came to me to do some labor work at fate road when palms mall was still under construction. I remember you. I paid you 1500 each. How have you been?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oh so you're that corper boy that came to me to do some labor work at fate road when palms mall was still under construction. I remember you. I paid you 1500 each. How have you been?
this man so you even dae hilarious like this?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
heykims:
Surviving on mangoes when life was hard during my preclinical days, thank God it was in Ogbomoso where mangoes are very cheap.
And now that you're in your clinicals?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by AmDayo: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
McBrooklyn:

Lol virtual got you bruh.. Funny me ah dey chop dem like back to back then, so no regrets cheesy

well done sir.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by heykims(m): 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
KingAzubuike:

And now that you're in your clinicals?
Now I'm a doc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pictures From Area Fight In Oshodi Today / The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.