Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49863 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 11:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
weareok:

I fit get your contact
Send me pm
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Thane(m): 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
kes4glory:
I once trekked from Iyana oworo to Gbagada

I don't understand, less than 20 minutes walk? how's that suffering
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2020
heykims:

Now I'm a doc
What department are you and how did you manage to pass final MB with this your level of reasoning undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Olamilekxy(m): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2020
janzguy:

Obviously a product of NSUK!!!! Lolzz!! Iya Basira the canteen for big boys and girls.. Only NSUK products will understand

yeah

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ohem007(m): 11:00am On Jun 07, 2020
I traveled to a state where i had no one to stay with...
my first university days
I remembered when my name was on the merit list but I had nobody to stay with..
I had to travel down to calabar that day,slept in the bus park for days but Thank God shaa one good samaritan helped

now I have my own place

I guess shiii like that is just preparing you for the good things to come

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Viccur(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
My stay throughout uni was so messy, but 200 and 300L was the worst. OAU wahala is not a joke. Hunger should be my second name but thank God i didn't develop ulcer.

I once missed a paper in my 3rd year cos i had no money for tfare and most especially no card to call my colleagues to ask for the hall the paper was to be taken cos it was changed. Later had a carry over though.

Thank God for life, things will change for the best.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by FancyDaddy: 10:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
TIPS TO SURVIVE HARD TIMES.

If you were ever broke, think outside the box.

We will all make it by the Grace of God.
I have done many things to survive.
I remember when I was broke while staying in 'New site' with kids. As a man you may not eat for 3 days. But kids can't go hungry for long. Not even for half a day.
I got no dime. All food stuffs containers at home were all empty. Emergency food like garri and water or groundnuts could help. But there was none.

Sell SCRAP
I looked inwards, cooking pots that is not in frequent use at home, faulty fan in storage, some other little items around. Where are the Aboki buying condemned iron, condemned Aluminum? I sold metal scraps to them. Got some food to last 3 days.
The second day I got a woman who I bought an old faulty fridge from here and resell for a little profit. So I made extra N3000 after dismantling it and selling the coppers separate from fridge box.

SOCCER

*N100* wager on Football Bet.
Don't get your hopes high.
YOU can wager N100 to win N800 etc.

I get lucky sometimes. But don't focus on it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Hydra1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lol! Joker
KingAzubuike:

Oh so you're that corper boy that came to me to do some labor work at fate road when palms mall was still under construction. I remember you. I paid you 1500 each. How have you been?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatfullheart: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Iykejohn419:

That's really sad.... E get lecturers wey God supposed punish for us oooo, like this man failed me bcx I no concur to contribute give am 1500 for sport equipment wey ah no even use sef.The bastard still embarrass me wen I went back to write d course again.... Twas really a bad experience den, but I really feel for u sha
ND wey i suppose use 2year run, i do am for 4years now my mates that we started together are in HND2 now. my parents have told to go and learn work no school me again that they dont have money to trow away.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
MAK211:
Mine was in 200l second semester in d University when I went broke so badly after trying so many ways to get some money to survive all with no success one of my guy came and told me that the school management is about renovating one of the girls hostel and he knows the man they gave the contract, so we reach the man without hesitation and furtunately the man took us in as bricklayers.. all our plan is dat we will cover our face with face cap and hankerchief.. it actually work out until the worst happen the nigga I was passing cement to shout my name nd one of my course mate (girl oo) was passing by at that moment I couldn't keep mute neither can I stand without answering him.. I just summon courage answer the nigga naso the girl turn and look me I was like God just open the ground let it swallow me.. after trying to figure out my face with no avail she just look my leg and call my name again (MAK) even if I can't c ur face I will recognize ur leg even in my dream.. I nearly commit suicide that night but has God will have it.... She is the type that always understand... And as am talking to you right now we will be getting married soon...
wow man... I couldn't help but quote u...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Students hunger tales always occurs in 200lvl hahahaah
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by mozele(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
EarthFireH2o:
Makes me remember some years back, during my I T period, couldn't go to office cause I wasn't boxed up, had to stay home, man was literally drinking Lipton for 2 weeks straight, I had a new pack of Lipton then, used the last money on me to get sugar, I'll literally wake up, boil water and continue sipping my Lipton like it was no man's business, Morning, afternoon and night or whenever I felt hungry,
Lipton was like my life saver then,

And no sign if emaciation??
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Saynotoapc(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
micah1122:

Truely man,i still get long way
I just thank God say upon everything,my parents still get d mind send me go school
My prayer be say,when everywhere good,make them dy alive to enjoy the fruit of their labour
Omo dat first semester 100l really rough
Bro i enter school,with just 3mudu of beans,2 abi 3 mudu of rice and like 3mudu of garri
Even pepper,salt,maggi and oil na wahala most times,talk more of tomato self
I survive with those things for like 2months
I no go like pray make my enemy see wetin i see sha

God no go shame us.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by DreadedTerrorist: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
nectarina:
Mine was during my final year in school when my bestie and I were very broke,we had to mix the little garri and little semo we had together and we begged for soup from our neighbour,after eating in the night we had to reserve part of it so that we will eat in the morning before going to class.Unfortunately in the morning there was no kerosene to warm it so we had to eat it cold like that,and after eating it we rubbed powder and went to the class smiling. grin..Thank God it is all in the past now.
my sugar kiss
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Somodooo: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
[s]
DreadedTerrorist:
my sugar kiss
[/s]
trash
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nectarina(f): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2020
DreadedTerrorist:
my sugar kiss

Your Sugar?? shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ekene101: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Greatfullheart:
Mehn, during my ND days i suffered for those who know AUCHI POLYTECHNIC(AUCHI POLYTENSION). Lack of money made me trekked from campus 1 to campus 2 to write test, then trekked back to campus 1 and when i went into the class to receive our next lecture and boom i forgot my note book in campus 2 after the lecture i had to trek back to pick and then they had already lock the place i forgot it and i had to trek again home(i stayed in sabo then) deadly area.
Ur own good,05 wen I dey spat,I trek from solo street for iyekhi girls road(then dem never reduce d hill for dar royal block junction) through campus 1, follow hostel road through sport complex and staff quarters to poly secondary wey we dey receive lectures, trek back to former school of biz for campus1 again for second lecture,then still trek back through same route to d secondary school again for 3rd lecture on Saturdays in my year one,just because some lecturers too lazy to come class come lecture so Dem fix am week end,then campus 2 na abandoned project for bush. I go still trek same routes down to solo street again.most times on empty stomach. I see oba + otaru combine.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatfullheart: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
ekene101:
Ur own good,05 wen I dey spat,I trek from solo street for iyekhi girls road(then dem never reduce d hill for dar royal block junction) through campus 1, follow hostel road through sport complex and staff quarters to poly secondary wey we dey receive lectures, trek back to former school of biz for campus1 again for second lecture,then still trek back through same route to d secondary school again for 3rd lecture on Saturdays in my year one,just because some lecturers too lazy to come class come lecture so Dem fix am week end,then campus 2 na abandoned project for bush. I go still trek same routes down to solo street again.most times on empty stomach. I see oba + otaru combine.
mehn auchi no be place, i nor advice anybody wey i know make she/he go auchi it will be pure wickedness. After all the suffer wey i suffer dem carryover finish me, no result to show.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ekene101: 2:25am On Jul 02, 2020
Greatfullheart:
mehn auchi no be place, i nor advice anybody wey i know make she/he go auchi it will be pure wickedness. After all the suffer wey i suffer dem carryover finish me, no result to show.
bro no semester I no get carry over,even my uncle from my maternal side nai even worst me,phoolish man ate my money and still knack me co for financial management.. I still had to pay him again the next semester,15k for that matter.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Greatfullheart: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
ekene101:
bro no semester I no get carry over,even my uncle from my maternal side nai even worst me,phoolish man ate my money and still knack me co for financial management.. I still had to pay him again the next semester,15k for that matter.
At least you get result na, i say me no result to show 2years wey i suppose ND, i do 4years @ the end no result my mate are in HND2 graduating dis year and am sitting at home doing nothing. bros give me your number abeg make we yarn more.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by shugasofttouch: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2020
nams77:

Wow. This is brave of you. I love ladies like these
Thank you so much God bless you. But funny enough I lost the man I love cos of the job.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
shugasofttouch:
Thank you so much God bless you. But funny enough I lost the man I love cos of the job.
He is not a man then. Any real man should be proud of a woman like you. Not all this slay queens that can't dirty their hands thru legit hustle. He should be supportive of you and nurture your dreams till you leave that line of hustle.
You should be glad someone like that left your life as he is not deserving of you
Someone better will come
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by shugasofttouch: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
nams77:

He is not a man then. Any real man should be proud of a woman like you. Not all this slay queens that can't dirty their hands thru legit hustle. He should be supportive of you and nurture your dreams till you leave that line of hustle.
You should be glad someone like that left your life as he is not deserving of you
Someone better will come
Thank you so much. According to him that I am full of pride that it's pride that won't allow me ask him for support that it's degrading to have his woman doing such but my major concern was not asking him for support but how long would he keep supporting me without wanting anything in return? But I am glad it happened this way.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
shugasofttouch:
Thank you so much. According to him that I am full of pride that it's pride that won't allow me ask him for support that it's degrading to have his woman doing such but my major concern was not asking him for support but how long would he keep supporting me without wanting anything in return? But I am glad it happened this way.
Better.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by dododawa1: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

tell me more,please.what changes have you noticed?
people are now mature and know politician more of their promise and fail with fake prophets all over the nation.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by debetmx(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
Freestainworld:
was coming back to school at Ebonyi state, got to Enugu, it became very late, no bus to take us to Iza our destination, I and my friend went to the police station to sleep till early morning, the police men ask us if there station was a hotel, finally they asked us to pay for the night like 10k each, I left there with my friend, saw some ladies who were go for a vigil in the church, we joined them pretending that we where looking for there church, guess what guys, when we got there and the prayers was going on, we where busy snoring on a bench in the church, immediately it became around 4an in the morning, we sneaked out of the church to catch the first bus, it was funny though but I never forget the experience.

So if you guys could afford 10k each na police station una go sleep. It shall never be well with them.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Casemiro(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nggs121:
Garri and red oil Garri and raw egg Garri throughout one week Garri and rice

you must be Garrisome cheesy
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2020
You guys should not allow this thread to die na
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by shugasofttouch: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
nams77:

Wow. This is brave of you. I love ladies like these
Thanks alot I'm honoured. God bless you
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by nams77: 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
shugasofttouch:
Thanks alot I'm honoured. God bless you

You welcome. How are you doing
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Divoc19(f): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Runing away from home at 2 a.m. when I was just 15 smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pictures From Area Fight In Oshodi Today / The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.