Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? (49710 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Funniest/weirdest Name You've Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
I was there; I wish I could relate...
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Onnasucs1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
3 years ago, I was in Aba working in a primary school. My salary was 10k and still yet, they were owing me multiple months.

A day came and I had no penny and no food except garri. I stayed throughout the whole day without putting food in my mouth. Night came and I couldn't sleep. I had to start chewing the garri like that.

The next day, I took my bath, feeling a little stronger, I started to trek to the school where I was teaching. It was a 30 minute walk from my house. I didn't even walk up to 2 minutes when I started feeling as if the breeze that was blowing would blow me away.

I just turned back home and called in sick.

Looking back, I just remember and smile.

19 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by perryy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
I involved myself in examination malpractice then. I wrote WAEC, JAMB NABTEB etc for so many people then just to survive.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
many stuffs

Like trekking over 20 miles

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by zeedof(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hmmmm I always tell people this but they never felt my feeling then... I gain admission to SBRS funtua and I never knew that's they don't cook in that school.. lot of story sha but the hardest moment was when I drank water only for 2 days cry cry cry thank God for today

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by SimeonOTC(m): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sabadon:
been there done that....

-white rice and milk
-beans and noodles(cos d beans was too small).the mess me and Emeke mess dat night my God
-cocoa from lecturer farm
-eba and boiled pepper

the list is endless............just dont give up or engage in crime,cos in the end life gets better and those things just add up as part of the story

man don see things

buhahhahahagrin

one thing is sure, and that is; those stuff dnt last forever..

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by OmoAlakija: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Had 5 pure waters,

-Used one for drinking garri
-Used three to bath
- kept the last one for emergency in case I get thirsty later. Life became some sort of psychological theatre for me.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ive almost eaten grass.I remember one day there was no hope for food but they shared food in my church I ate the whole food licked the plate clean and ate the chicken including the bone.It remained small that I would have eaten the pack.Ive also eaten rice with palm oil, yam with butter.When I did A level hunger also wired me to the extent of using indomie seasoning as Maggi for my concoction rice.I just thank God I didn't steal.Suffering is not good.Right now I know things are not rosy for me but I know with God and time things will.

30 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Otutu1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
I lived with a girl for 1 year at her house

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by GodPunishBiafra: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
ok mine was that I do pray to God not to put me in an unbearable condition cry
sense dey pain u?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Suffer dey this land. Wont lie i never sever before but i see people wey suffer for school. Some survived eating from my pot
Except for one of my guy way tell me say hunger day e belle
So I asked him to come over to eat ,I have ,jollof rice on the fire ,guy man reach my side food don ready o,,this funny course mate of my say y chicken no day food o,,,
Na 2 spoon this dude put for mouth o,
Since then I vow say me and this guy go meet again after graduation and na 10k meat I go make sure say he eat that day ,,,,

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ozcarbenson(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
zionmde:
ate raw indomie
2 packs

Ate raw garri mixed with salt

boiled white rice and ate with indomie spices mixed with water

ate a soup dat has been sour for 2dayd

for those of us who know pH very well
I trekked from choba to rumuola, from rumuola to Rumuokoro, den back to choba in search of teaching job

trekked from Mile3 to choba on an early morning

went to a wedding centre to beg guests for money so I can survive

but thank God, we don't look like wat we have been through. Never give up, always focus on where u are going to

Bro your matter tire me o

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Futuragetty: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Back then in school, A female lecturer of mine always brought her daughter to school sometimes, and This girl liked me a lot but i didn't know.
After our first quiz, your boy didn't write shit.
That course, Jurisprudence. Fear that course oh......
well, I had to reciprocate so i would get tips on topics to focus on for exam and quizzes.

It was weird how we started but it's not anymore.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by mamaafrik(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hahaha,paulooooo,where you dey,we were so broke that day and it was before the exams,yeeeeeeee, i was never that hungry in my life,na so we go gather wood ,arrange stonesto cook the rice wey remain oo,na scent leave we take do curry,no oyel no nothing

As we they watch the thing na so we sense say one lady wey we dey form for for our compound dey come,na so we disappear oooo like sa no be we get the food till the lady leftoooo.
We snap ourselves taya dat day.
Na laff anytime we remember that hustle

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by geloorrrrdd(m): 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
ugbede69:
when I was in Kadpoly ( in ajegunle hostel) ND2 first semester,me and my roommate became very broke and all we had left was half tuber of yam.gas HV finished, light was very poor it could only charge phones..so we just put d yam on electric stove and went to night class..that was around 8pm, we came back around 2am only to see that d water was just warm....that was how we ate raw yam and slept that night....

Lol. Have you graduated now?

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by larryking540: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
SimeonOTC:

buhahhahahagrin

one thing is sure, and that is; those stuff dnt last forever..

Yeah ,it's part of life and it actually makes life interesting ,you have a lot of story to tell ,,
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by diziki: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
umtitibaba:
In life, there are moments we are faced with difficult situations with the sole aim of surviving hoping there will be light at the end of such circumstance..

Mine: it happened when I was I part 2 second semester, it was close to end of semester and there was no cash on me, no gas in my cylinder and I had to eat that night .... i had to Cook 'Eba' with normal water, ate with Palm oil sprinkled with salt.. imo that night bad gaaan....

So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?

Yours was better. I faced worse during my time. I boiled rice and used palm oil as stew, ate bread with soaked garri, ate yam with no sauce but I thank God that today things are better.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by CloudWalker: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
I survived during a very tough period by attending the receptions after inaugural lectures and on Saturdays..weddings and burials where I pack enough drinks sometimes a dozen or more to last me through out the week. Saturdays thanks to the uninvited wedding receptions are the only time I get to eat meat and something decent.I was masters students then in 2016.Thank God I am no more in that level

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by smeag0l(m): 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
I went through university without parents.While in school, I used to borrow money from friends and add to the one I have, travel back to my base in lag and then go from there to cotonou to buy wares and sell to boutiques in lag. I also used to do tutorials in school and for those who are doing distance learning in foreign school. Was so bad that I used to maintain a 1-0-1 feeding regimen in school. Sometimes,especially when it is nearing the end of a semester this will even become 0-1-0 with a heavy meal in the afternoon.I stayed with a friend so we can share the bunk cost for the hostel. Resumed semesters late most times cos of hustling in lag. Meanwhile , i schooled in the most academically demanding school in nigeria. I couldnt buy handouts as I always collected to make copies coa of the cost. My paternal uncles abandoned me and even a more senior cousin that lives in the US that sent me my school fees for the first two years stopped because she said I was living that engineering was a five year course and that it was three years. Maternal uncles will take turns to send me 5k in a semester of 3 months or more. All these taught me a lesson: There is no excuse for failure.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Kola5281(m): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
placeofallure:
Maybe 100 level when I haven't understood the terrain very well. I remember I had to take only garri and milk for a whole week. Then, I lived alone. I had people I could ask for help but I really don't like doing that so I drank my garri morning, afternoon, night , 7 days with joy.
From my year 2 no more dull moments o! Those students who attend school at home and don't have to travel several miles, you don't know what you've got!
Your own garri get milk sef cheesy

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Ate one loaf of bread for three days while in 200L in school. The painful part is that I didn't know I had 10k in my account all through the days I was eating bread and taking water for 3days.
School life in naija is hell for those who are not from wealthy homes
lol mine was garri with salt while 20k was in my acct unkown to me(God will punish FB for not sending alert and mtn for their useless alerts)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by DorianD(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hungry me once woke up in the middle of the night during my remedial days at Funtua to engulf Blueband..Hunger no good oh grin grin

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Drizzy5001(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lol ... Mine was in 200 level second semester o, I live alone I don't have a roomate, I was fucking broke to the extent that I can't afford 10 naira pure water.
Thanksfully, I had a carton of indomie wey I even forget say I get sef, I hate indomie, but I usually buy it just incase .... So I ate indomie for 1 whole week ... I even missed lectures, because I'm an introvert and I hate begging , my lodge sef come dey very far from my school, it's not trekkable at all.
Mehn!!! I wonder how my lodge girls dey manage to get foodstuffs o even when every where don Red .Them go dey buy sharwama, chicken, and other stuffs. Maybe, it's because they Don't eat too much like guys.
Or their rich boy friends dey give Dem money.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by 4gunners(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Arrogantbro:
Ate one loaf of bread for three days while in 200L in school. The painful part is that I didn't know I had 10k in my account all through the days I was eating bread and taking water for 3days.
School life in naija is hell for those who are not from wealthy homes

My broda, schooling here is hell for those struggling financially. What I passed through during my UG is a story to tell to my grand children. OAU is damn stressful.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by diziki: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

grin Nigerian Police can be so Savage. I am just imagining how the scene would have played out.

You: good evening sir (s)

Police: yes how can we help you

You: Pls me and my friend are stranded and we don't know anybody in this state . Pls can we spend the night here till tomorrow morning sir.

Police : looks you from head to toe with an angry and stern look

Police : Na hotel be this?

Hahaha.

Seems like you grew up in the barracks.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by ravensckar(m): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
I drank garri to the extent that my urine reeks of it. Before eating any food, I'll first of all drink garri so as to fill my stomach make I fit belle full after eating. The only time I get to eat good food was when I visit female hostels under the guise of 'checking up on them'.

Undergraduate dey suffer o. Popsy sends only 5K monthly, after that, you're on your own. The only time I wore nice clothes to lecture hall, someone asked me if I'm going for a party. Just imagine!

Nobody advise me before I begin dey teach in far away Ondo State just to get little something. It's the anger that made me not to do my Masters immediately after graduation. That suffer too much! A decision I'm still proud of till today...

To all the hustlers in the building, never give up. Your breakthrough is just around the corner.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Kranediggy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
So over to you guys, what Is the weirdest thing u have done to survive?[/quote] Mine: survived on wedding rice one Sat like that in my final year. Another one na; survived on 5 spoons of noodles one day like that during my freshman days, simply because of public hols that took Mon & Tue and pops & mom couldnt do transfer then. Lol
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Apologize(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
Me and my Guy go baff on a Saturday..Wear clothe. Mostly Native, we go waka waka waka dey find where we go see wedding to attend.

When we see while inside the reception one of us go find take away like 5 order food from different corners of the hall. When the plate full...we trek again till we reach house.

Most times rain go soak us..but we'll be happy that we got food.

25 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by JustAPhase(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

grin Nigerian Police can be so Savage. I am just imagining how the scene would have played out.

You: good evening sir (s)

Police: yes how can we help you

You: Pls me and my friend are stranded and we don't know anybody in this state . Pls can we spend the night here till tomorrow morning sir.

Police : looks you from head to toe with an angry and stern look

Police : Na hotel be this?
My weirdest thing is not giving up on asking King Zubby for help o.
lol! I just did o!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2020
My story is long

Don’t you want become an agent
Do u know the benefit of becoming an Opay agent
Do you know you can have a side coding business
u can be out of town and still monitor ur transaction with ur sales girl
Lemme finish my Agbalumo
Call me on how to get a free pos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Graphic Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Yesterday (Graphic) / Lady Crushed To Death By A Vehicle In Maryland, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / A Huge Python I Killed This Night

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53