Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,077 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:30 AM

Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism (1453 Views)

How Satan Is Using Nairaland To Initiate People Into Atheism / Five Stages: How Demons Lead Christians Into Atheism / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by ThinkSmarter: 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
After thorough study and research in my quest to know the truth behind World Religions.
I have come to this conclusions.
El (Elohim) or Yahweh is a Jewish god of war.
Exodus 15:3 stated categorically thus: Jehovah is a warrior.
What Yahweh is to Jews is what the god of the Sun is to Greece (GreekoRoman Empire)
One thing I discovered with the Hebrew god is that it's powerful, mysterious more than the other gods in Arabia.
And it is a very intolerant god and aggressive god.
In so many scenarios like the way it turned Lots wife to pillar of salt for minor disobedience, the way he killed Israelites at mount Sinai where it comes with flames, thick smoke and thundering clap for drawing closer to the mountain.
Almost synonymous to the Yoruba Sango god and Igbo Amadioha god in their use of thunder, thick smoke and lightening.
The way the Ark of the covenant killed anyone that gets in touch with it.
Less, I forget, many places around the world in the early and mid centuries went about building temples for their god, gods, goddess or goddesses.
From India to Pakistan to China to Assyria to Persia to Greece to Rome to Egypt to Africa, every where gods, temples.
Could Jewish god that is always jealous of other gods be an exceptional god, different from other pagan gods ?
Could other gods of other regions be all that powerful for the Hebrew god to be jealous?
No, if Baal is to be ineffective and just but a man made statue, why will the super God alleged to have created the universe and everything therein be jealous of his tiny creations earth molded image(sculpture)??
Reading through the book of Exodus, especially Exodus chapter 13 Yahweh's demands for 1st born human and animal sacrifice makes me think, could this be God the creator?
Do the Supreme God need human and animal sacrifices?.
Why do most pagan shrines and temples use incense, the way it is used in the temple of El, YWH, Yahweh or Jehovah?
The are many mysteries to be unravelled.
I have come to also realize that the story of creation recorded in the book of Genesis is nothing but Jewish mythology.
Read #Genesis 1:26 and #Genesis 2:7 and behold a contradictory statements.

Read #1Samuel 15:3 Now go, and strike down the A·malʹek·ites,d and devote them to destructione along with all that they have. You must not spare them; you are to put them to death,f man as well as woman, child as well as infant, bull as well as sheep, camel as well as donkey.’”
Could a god that orders the killing of innocent children, pregnant women, widows, old women, innocent animals and the disabled be the #God of the #Universe??
Imagine America coming to perpetrate this kind of crime against a country or region?.
What will be your reactions?
Is God portrayed as the most compassionate, most merciful in this scenario?
Is that not a partial god that favours only the jews?
Could Yahweh be an over glorified tribal god?
#ForYourConsideration.
It's high time we start to unlearn the craps deposited into our skulls by the stone age ,iron age and bronze age people.

The Bible is a well crafted religious literature with real historical records of war written by different authors over centuries.
And the events centered around present day Middle East and Europe and some parts of Africa.
The genealogy recorded in book of Genesis and in the book of Matthew never branched or took account of other races of humans like the Asia, India, West Indies, Europe and Africans
From Adam to Noah.
from Noah to Abraham
And from Abraham to Jesus Christ.
This history of a tribe representing that of the entire World creation story is not plausible.
But one thing is certain
Truth is tested with time.
It's obvious that the Israel god Yahweh that rides a chariot was powerful to the Israelites, originally the Canaanites.
The world major religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, (Islam, Judaism and Christianity) (Abrahamic religions) have all stood the test of time.
And their Various teachings are so related.
What Jesus Christ is to Christians is what Shiva is to Hindu is what Saddhauta Gautama (Buddha) is to Buddhists is what Mohammed is to Moslems.
Though Shiva of Hindu is actually a god or deity that is very significant in Hinduism.
Jesus Christ, Prophet Mohammed, Buddha are very enlightened fellows and they all preached love and peace to humanity.

I know I am sounding controversial and weird to religious people
But the truth remains that I am standing on a neutral ground to decipher the truth behind World religions.
U can't quench my curiosity.
I knew that every religion faithful do uphold their own very religion as the best.
But the truth is that there is no better religion.
All religions came due to mankind quest to unite with the Forces behind the creations, the assumed god, gods and God.

#Peace and #Love
lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by keentola(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
I have books on Religion, Philosophy, and atheism.
You can check my bio for my number

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by adefajosekayo(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
THERE IS A GOD THAT TRULY IS THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH. ONLY THOSE WHO SURRENDER THEMSELVES KNOW HIM. THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS POWERFUL. GOD IS A MIGHTY GOD, HAVE YOU RESEARCH OTHER NAMES OF JEHOVAH. LIKE JEHOVAH'S ADDONAI, ELLOIM, RAPHAL AND ON.p HE IS NOT THE JEWISH gOD OF WAR BUT A GOD THAT ANSWERS BY FIRE, WHO DESPISES EVIL, HE CREATED HEAVEN AND EARTH JUST ALIGN AND YOU WILL KNOW HIM BETTER. SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Minsk24: 4:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Op you have made a very good observation and its so right... Do not be afraid of asking more questions and doin more research...

9 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Minsk24: 4:38am On Jun 05, 2020
adefajosekayo:
THERE IS A GOD THAT TRULY IS THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND HEART. ONLY THOSE WHO SURRENDER THEMSELVES KNOW HIM. THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS POWERFUL. GOD IS A MIGHTY GOD, HAVE YOU RESEARCH OTHER NAMES OF JEHOVAH. LIKE JEHOVAH'S ADDONAI, ELLOIM, RAPHAL AND ON.p HE IS NOT THE JEWISH gOD OF WAR BUT A GOD THAT ANSWERS BY FIRE, WHO DESPISES EVIL, HE CREATED HEAVEN AND EARTH JUST ALIGN AND YOU WILL KNOW HIM BETTER. SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND

Lol... This is 2020, open your eyes and stop believing thrash.. The way Africans just carry this thing for head tire me... Spits

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Jun 05, 2020
@OP, then step away from the Bible, if you feel it is having some unintended consequences on your mind there. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by adefajosekayo(m): 6:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Minsk24:

Lol... This is 2020, open your eyes and stop believing thrash.. The way Africans just carry this thing for head tire me... Spits

As for me I have seen proves and a lot of evidence that their is God who created everything. He is almighty and still lives. But he disturb the wisdom of the earth with foolish things. The message of the Cross is like foolishness to them who perish.

When you sought to condemn a man even if he's doing good, you will find evil in it.

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Exmilitant(m): 7:26am On Jun 05, 2020
The entire Bible was put together by the Masoretics. I too ventured in the search for the true GOD but i'm still stuck in the ruts owing to the many lies, hypocrisies, contradictions and descripancies found in all religion. But i am trying to figure out something; Every clan, tribe, town, city and countries world over, have their indigenous gods/goddesses assigned to them. that caters to their spiritual needs since time. The Romans carried out a grand conspiracy that eventually enthroned JESUS (who is actually ISUS, a greek god of miracle) as king of kings and lord of lords and placed him above all other gods thereby relegating these gods to the background. I also found out that it is only in Africa and the western world that people have to argue about the authenticity of their faith because it was forced on them! The true GOD, the supreme being wherever he or she is should come out and clarify himself/herself.

3 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2020
The book belongs to the Jews and it's the story of how their God dealt with them for centuries until 98ce.
The most important prophet in the book said you need to be taught what is written in the book, he has dispatched his followers to go and meet people IN THEIR HOMES!

So wait in your home, Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus' true followers) will locate you, then you can ask them any questions that comes into your heart! smiley
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by BackllGodNaija: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Adam and Eve rebelliously ate from the tree of knowledge...yet they perished for lack of knowledge.

Kudos to them though that they were wise enough to realize that they had been deceived...many like them never know. Gen 3:13

Yet think they are wise...

The worst form of ignorance is to lack knowledge of one's ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by ThinkSmarter: 8:13am On Jun 13, 2020
adefajosekayo:

As for me I have seen proves and a lot of evidence that their is God who created everything. He is almighty and still lives. But he disturb the wisdom of the earth with foolish things. The message of the Cross is like foolishness to them who perish.

When you sought to condemn a man even if he's doing good, you will find evil in it.
I didn't condemn God.
I raised questions of much concern in the Bible.
And instead of applying reasoning and intelligence.
U resort to personality attack.
Explain the various Bible passages that I mentioned.
Research independently on the Origin of world religions.
Go to Wikipedia, ask about El, Shaddai, yahweh, Baal.
Read Psalm 106.
I am a 21st century Christian.
I am an educated Christian.
I am an objective and analytic Christian that is critical in reasoning.
I'm always open minded to know the truthfulness contained in a philosophy or substance.
Belief is assumption without evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by adefajosekayo(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2020
ThinkSmarter:
I didn't condemn God.
Read Psalm 106.
I'm always open minded to know the truthfulness contained in a philosophy or substance.

Calm down, I am not attacking you. I had once doubt the originality of God before but I keep finding out He's just God naani and he's the almighty different from baal and the other man mades. Those research are written by men, if men could paint Abacha as a bad man And some today praising him........

For me I have seen evidence and proofs. Ecclesiastes 12:11-13, . Many people teach from their assumptions, one have to beware of what to read.

I know if you seek God you will find him, ask him to reveal himself to you.

You're great

3 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Adam and Eve rebelliously ate from the tree of knowledge...yet they perished for lack of knowledge.
No they did not perish! It is written that they would not surely die, and they surely didn't, for a very long time afterwards.

After "rebelliously" eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge, their eyes opened, as they rightly should, and they went on to bear Cain and Abel, and Seth when Adam was 130 years old. Adam lived another 800 years till he was 930 years old!

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
ThinkSmarter:
I didn't condemn God.
Read Psalm 106.

The key in the bible is "the word of God". JESUS, not your Bible, is the word of God.

If you want God to show up, you have to obey what He, Jesus Christ, commands... do not confuse this with what pastors say. Nope, read the commandments of Christ as-is and obey them. And God willl show up. grin

Imagine God, a king, who all He asks is that His subjects obey Him. He gave them the land, and all to care for. Instead they turned against Him.

He made a people of the some of the worst samples He could find and He gave them laws to obey. He even elevated a murdering tribe of brothers to status of priesthood.
But instead they built religions around him, created doctrines and traditions that are meaningless to Him. Yes, religion was man's idea and remains just that. Man created religion as his tool to use in controlling and administering God and the things of God.

That God is still there saying Obey me, and I will give you the life I had envisioned for you.
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by LordReed(m): 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
adefajosekayo:

So your god is a malicious god, deliberately confusing people.

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by BackllGodNaija: 12:55am On Jun 14, 2020
budaatum:

No they did not perish! It is written that they would not surely die, and they surely didn't, for a very long time afterwards.

After "rebelliously" eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge, their eyes opened, as they rightly should, and they went on to bear Cain and Abel, and Seth when Adam was 130 years old. Adam lived another 800 years till he was 930 years old!
You confuse me...

You said, "it is written, that they would not surely die, and they surely didn't..." yet it is written in the text you displayed that they actually died. Or am I missing something here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 1:16am On Jun 14, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
You confuse me...

You said, "it is written, that they would not surely die, and they surely didn't..." yet it is written in the text you displayed that they actually died. Or am I missing something here?
You assume they were never going to die at some point, while the text makes it sound like they would fall down dead immediately after they ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, though, Adam, at least, went on to live for another 800 years before dying at 930 years old. That's 7 times longer than when it was claimed he would die.

It's the assumption that I challenge. Why assume they were never going to die at some point?
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by BackllGodNaija: 7:05am On Jun 14, 2020
budaatum:

You assume they were never going to die at some point, while the text makes it sound like they would fall down dead immediately after they ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, though, Adam, at least, went on to live for another 800 years before dying at 930 years old. That's 7 times longer than when it was claimed he would die.

It's the assumption that I challenge. Why assume they were never going to die at some point?
You guys here are really funny. You're too quick to assume that someone's assuming things, when you're actually the ones doing so.

Now tell me, did they surely die or not, Or was any stipulated time frame given for this "sure" death to take place?
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
You guys here are really funny. You're too quick to assume that someone's assuming things, when you're actually the ones doing so.

Now tell me, did they surely die or not, Or was any stipulated time frame given for this "sure" death to take place?
They died a very very long time after it was said they might.

No difference to me saying you will breathe. A smart person might say "doh".
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
I just try to learn the messages in the story, I know the story is not based on an actual event... And move on..

I have since stopped arguing whether the snake is Satan or not or whether a snake can talk.. It is all a waste of time and energy..

1 Like

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
sonmvayina:
I just try to learn the messages in the story, I know the story is not based on an actual event... And move on..

I have since stopped arguing whether the snake is Satan or not or whether a snake can talk.. It is all a waste of time and energy..
No it isn't a waste of time, I'm afraid. The story, as unreal an event as it is, actually influences our thinking.

Imagine a story that tells you the acquisition of knowledge is a bad thing and your teacher is an evil serpent and that you are better off remaining ignorant and naked in a garden, and that if you attempt to acquire knowledge you will die. Can you not see how it could turn you into boko haram and a crucifier of the teacher?

I bet that after you crucify the teacher, you would turn round and call him or her a god, and build temples to worship him or her in because you have been told you would live eternally despite the fact that you can clearly see with your own two eyes that everyone who believed that before you died and is no more.

The Bible is not the reason for boko haram, mind. But its wrongful understanding makes us ignorant. And it is that misunderstanding that kills us.

1 Like

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
budaatum:

No it isn't a waste of time, I'm afraid. The story, as unreal an event as it is, actually influences our thinking.

Imagine a story that tells you the acquisition of knowledge is a bad thing and your teacher is an evil serpent and that you are better off remaining ignorant and naked in a garden, and that if you attempt to acquire knowledge you will die. Can you not see how it could turn you into boko haram and a crucifier of the teacher?

I bet that after you crucify the teacher, you would turn round and call him or her a god, and build temples to worship him or her in because you have been told you would live eternally despite the fact that you can clearly see with your own two eyes that everyone who believed that before you died and is no more.

The Bible is not the reason for boko haram, mind. But its wrongful understanding makes us ignorant. And it is that misunderstanding that kills us.

I couldn't make heads or tails about your post, but if I may reiterate, they are stories just as you said, I don't go about arguing about the character in the story.. Noooo, I just try and learn the symbolism and imagery employed in other to decipher the messages..
In my village, the story of how death came to man is told using the tortoise and hare.. Nobody is influenced by both... The message is death came because Man made a wrong choice..

Simples....
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
sonmvayina:

I couldn't make heads or tails about your post, but if I may reiterate, they are stories just as you said, I don't go about arguing about the character in the story.. Noooo, I just try and learn the symbolism and imagery employed in other to decipher the messages..
In my village, the story of how death came to man is told using the tortoise and hare.. Nobody is influenced by both... The message is death came because Man made a wrong choice..

Simples....
Powerful stories, by virtue of the fact that they are drummed into you long before you develop the ability to think and reason for yourself. And like the hardware that most are, you dare not deviate from the program installed in you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
budaatum:

Powerful stories, by virtue of the fact that they are drummed into you long before you develop the ability to think and reason for yourself. And like the hardware that most are, you dare not deviate from the program installed in you.

I get it now.. Well, that's why we have to think for ourselves and actually do a proper research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by BackllGodNaija: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
budaatum:

They died a very very long time after it was said they might.

No difference to me saying you will breathe. A smart person might say "doh".
"A very very long time" you say, but the fact remains that they "surely" died as was stated regardless of how long it took. So that's not an assumption but the fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
"A very very long time" you say, but the fact remains that they "surely" died as was stated regardless of how long it took. So that's not an assumption but the fact.
Well that makes eating that fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil worth eating then, I'd think, as I'd rather be a free person for 800 years than ignorant, enslaved and naked in some slave master's garden forever.
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

I get it now.. Well, that's why we have to think for ourselves and actually do a proper research.
Glad you do. Often, by the time we read the book, we have already been told what it should mean and rather than read to understand, we impose on the text. I'd say that's why Christ said, "unless one becomes as a child", meaning, 'clear your mind of all you've been told and approach the text anew'.

That's not easy though. As hard as a camel through the eye of a needle. Hence would someone argue that they will surely die despite their going on to live a very very long time afterwards.

Guess it's hard to accept that God, as described in that narrative, was a slave master, and the so called wily serpent freed the slaves.
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
budaatum:

Glad you do. Often, by the time we read the book, we have already been told what it should mean and rather than read to understand, we impose on the text. I'd say that's why Christ said, "unless one becomes as a child", meaning, 'clear your mind of all you've been told and approach the text anew'.

That's not easy though. As hard as a camel through the eye of a needle. Hence would someone argue that they will surely die despite their going on to live a very very long time afterwards.

Guess it's hard to accept that God, as described in that narrative, was a slave master, and the so called wily serpent freed the slaves.

Laughing out loud...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by budaatum: 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by BackllGodNaija: 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
budaatum:

Well that makes eating that fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil worth eating then, I'd think, as I'd rather be a free person for 800 years than ignorant, enslaved and naked in some slave master's garden forever.
Okay...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, The Bible Is Pushing Me Into Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 7:53am On Jul 14, 2020
budaatum:

That is the hardest part... But I have successfully achieved that... And I hope you do too

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Don't Need Church To Be Rich, The Richest Person Is An Atheist / The Ark Of The Covenant Is Officially Being Cleaned / Iraqi Athletes Killed For Wearing Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.