Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:48 PM

FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave (1173 Views)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Nemitari Ajienka Is The Son Of Joseph Atubokiki Ajienka, Ex UNIPORT VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by Nellyfrancis157: 12:45am On Jun 05, 2020
The Federal Government on Thursday directed the outgoing Vice -Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt, Ndowa Lale , to embark on compulsory leave.
The Deputy Vice -Chancellor (Administration), Prof . Regina Ogali , was directed to take over the affairs of the institution, pending the appointment of a substantive VC.
The directive was contained in a May 29 letter signed by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono , on behalf of the Minister of Education , Adamu Adamu.
The letter , sighted by our correspondent, said the arrangement would take effect from June 12 , 2020 .
Meanwhile , the Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Port Harcourt branch, has demanded the immediate reconstitution of the institution ’ s Governing Council .
The union ’ s demand is coming on the heels of the dissolution of the varsity ’ s Governing Council on May 27 , 2020 , by the Federal Government.
In a statement on Wednesday by its Chairman , Dr Austen Sado , ASUU said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd. ) , should respect the provisions of the Universities Miscellaneous Amendment Act and immediately constitute a Governing Council for University of Port Harcourt.
Sado said, “ Without engaging in any form of legalese, it is clear beyond equivocation that any council so dissolved shall almost immediately be reconstituted as if the council were not ab initio dissolved . ”
https://punchng.com/fg-sends-uniport-vc-on-compulsory-leave/

Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by tope777(m): 1:47am On Jun 05, 2020
Uniport ....
Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by saheedbadmus(m): 2:08am On Jun 05, 2020
Ehen compulsory go eventually turn to sack
Na
Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by Samakus(m): 7:35am On Jun 05, 2020
That Lale get bad name for everywhere.
Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by NaijadrivaCars: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Prof Lale has been overdoing. He was the one that introduced the "no school fees, defer your admission".
His predecessor wey no de laff, him own self tire person.

Prof Don Baridam remains the best VC from 2000 till date. In his time, there was massive infrastructural construction etc.

BTW, why is it that in a FEDERAL university like Uniport, ONLY Indegenes of Rivers State produce VCs and SUG Presidents

The Boy is Good (an Igbo Boy) won some years ago but the VC then (Ajienka) gave it to Gift (an Ogoni boy). Nepotism everywhere in this country!!!
I can tell you more and more examples.

lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, marpol, mukina2, fynestboi, justwise FP please

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by nengibo: 10:42am On Jun 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Prof Lale has been overdoing. He was the one that introduced the "no school fees, defer your admission".
His predecessor wey no de laff, him own self tire person.

Prof Don Baridam remains the best VC from 2000 till date. In his time, there was massive infrastructural construction etc.

BTW, why is it that in a FEDERAL university like Uniport, ONLY Indegenes of Rivers State produce VCs and SUG Presidents

The Boy is Good (an Igbo Boy) won some years ago but the VC then (Ajienka) gave it to Gift (an Ogoni boy). Nepotism everywhere in this country!!!
I can tell you more and more examples.

lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, marpol, mukina2, fynestboi, justwise FP please
Is it only unique to Uniport (pun intended), or it happens across Nigeria, how many s.e universities have had non Igbo v.cs in morden Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by NaijadrivaCars: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2020
nengibo:

Is it only unique to Uniport (pun intended), or it happens across Nigeria, how many s.e universities have had non Igbo v.cs in morden Nigeria

nengibo, my acquaintance from Bayelsa State, I never absolved other universities of this nepotism either. Read in between the lines.

Tembra eh
Re: FG Sends Uniport VC On Compulsory Leave by ODJ124(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
cheesy grin[i][/i]
FIFA is not serious 5 substitutes� Imagine Bayern Munich to have 5 substitutes in a game with Chelsea� i dont know if we are getting each other ������

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Is Average In Maths Study Electrical Electronics Engineering / How To Get A Copy Of An Old Waec Result? / Philosophy And The Growth Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.