Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) (7704 Views)

Imagine Your Girlfriend's Photo Looking Like This (photos) / Lady Slams Man With Savage Reply After He Tried This ( Photos ) / Breasts Overload!! This Photos Of Nigeria Lady Exposing Her Boob Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by GreatResearcher1: 7:53am On Jun 05, 2020
I've been away from social media for a while now due to business engagements.

I just put on my data and every platform I visit on social media I am seeing this phrase "NA THE MATTER WE DEY SETTLE SO".

Please what does it means?
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by GreatResearcher1: 7:54am On Jun 05, 2020
As a great researcher I'd like to know.
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Davash222(m): 8:00am On Jun 05, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
As a great researcher I'd like to know.
As a great researcher, keep researching.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by illicit(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Na so the matter occupy cyber space o
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by GreatResearcher1: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Davash222:

As a great researcher, keep researching.
But this is part of the research na
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by GreatResearcher1: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2020
ishilove front page pleaseeeeeee
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by GreatResearcher1: 8:03am On Jun 05, 2020
illicit:
Na so the matter occupy cyber space o
Bro good morning. What/who brought it?
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by illicit(m): 8:09am On Jun 05, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

Hmmm well it's just sarcasm
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Vyzz: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Oya...

Make we settle this matter
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by yanabasee1(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
ishilove front page pleaseeeeeee

Front page for what??

Ogbeni....Go back to your business engagement and allow the people to settle the matter one time.....
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Uyi168: 9:10am On Jun 05, 2020
One of the matters we've been trying to settle..

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Virginnn(f): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2020
oya, come settle this matter

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by DrayZee: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2020
I think the trend started on Twitter from a video of some girls who went to a supermarket. One of them, while dancing, broke one of the bottles in the supermarket. Someone made a tweet about it, talking of the trouble the girls had gotten into, while adding the phrase “na the matter we still dey settle”.
This might not be the very first instance, but it pioneered spin-offs of other threads about funny but unfortunate events (mostly fictional) with ongoing disputes, whose ‘matter’ was yet to be settled.

6 Likes

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
We settled this one till we have to converged another day...

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by sacajawea: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
That one and Sinzu � Money; Spending; E be things oh.
Someone should pls explain
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by sacajawea: 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
DrayZee:
I think the trend started on Twitter from a video of some girls who went to a supermarket. One of them, while dancing, broke one of the bottles in the supermarket. Someone made a tweet about it, talking of the trouble the girls had gotten into, while adding the phrase “na the matter we still dey settle”.
This might not be the very first instance, but it pioneered spin-offs of other threads about funny but unfortunate events (mostly fictional) with unsettled disputes, whose ‘matter’ was yet to be settled.
LMAO
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by sacajawea: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
I've been away from social media for a while now due to business engagements.

I just put on my data and every platform I visit on social media I am seeing this phrase "NA THE MATTER WE DEY SETTLE SO".

Please what does it means?
Let me Explain
So A Calabar Man went saw a Dog, captured it, Killled it then ate. The Dog, is John Wick's Dog (Are you thinking what I'm thinking)
Now Avengers, Thanos were invited and the Whole council of elders too were seated, what do you think is Going on?
Yeah there you have it, NA THE MATTER WE DEY SETTLE SO
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Finnese001: 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=GreatResearcher1 post=90327825]I've been away from social media for a while now due to business engagements.

Please what does it means?[/quote

brother this one no funny oo, the matter hard that we have to involve their pastor

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by KanielOutis92: 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
sacajawea:
Cc; DrayZee, please, what about these?
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by solmus: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
sacajawea:

Sinzu Money is a comical creation of instagram comedian lasisi elenu, modelling the rude life style of yahoo boys.. some how people started caling con artist sinzu money, and since buhari had being taking loans after loans they started calling him sinzu money, a nickname for yahoo boy character played by lasisi elenu skits

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Mikkymilli: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
You came late. All the matters have been settled.
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by futurerex: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Na de matter we still de settle so!
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
I guess it's zlatan ibile that made it go viral. From his song "the matter"
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by DrayZee: 11:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
KanielOutis92:
Cc; DrayZee, please, what about these?
Lol...I no be god of Twitter.
But, the names “Sinzu Money” and “Spending” became heavily popularized from Lasisi Elenu’s comedy skits. They’re the names of two of his ‘Yahoo Boy’ characters, the last being “Jacuzzi”. People attribute some of these names to people who ‘spend’ or receive a lot of money, most commonly Buhari, since his request for borrowing an obscene amount of money (“funds”) was granted by the Senate (or whoever grants those).
“E be things”...I have no idea. But it basically means...weird things are happening.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by KanielOutis92: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2020
DrayZee:

Lol...I no be god of Twitter.
But, the names “Sinzu Money” and “Spending” became heavily popularized from Lasisi Elenu’s comedy skits. They’re the names of two of his ‘Yahoo Boy’ characters, the last being “Jacuzzi”. People attribute some of these names to people who ‘spend’ or receive a lot of money, most commonly Buhari, since his request for borrowing an obscene amount of money (“funds”) was granted by the Senate (or whoever grants those).
“E be things”...I have no idea. But it basically means...weird things are happening.
Lol...now it makes total sense. Thank you!
Re: Who Knows The Origin And Meaning Of This? (photos) by Millenniumlady(f): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Chima Jealous Of My White Male Friend? / Why You Should Never Date A Broke Man / Apart From Being N****, These Tribe Use Goat Hair & Mud To Style Their Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.