Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,061 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53098 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 8:21am On Jun 05, 2020
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2020
I think they have bad intensions but not sure yet.

TO CLARIFY

Thanks everyone for your advice. My Dad is not staying in Lagos...he's based abroad. When it comes to my Dad and brothers ..he has achieved more than any of them. And the house is his. I said when i got to the village.. my uncle i called said the keys was waybilled to them in Lagos... So i asked myself why wasn't it waybilled to me in aba because that's where i am schooling and was waybilled all the way to Lagos (which i think it's a lie) ... I wasn't the one that put my Dad in the mortuary because i wasn't around then because of the lockdown. It was the day I was gonna come back that's the day he died but we were talking on phone.. was going to hire a taxi so one of his friends in the village was the one that put him in mortuary. My Dad is someone who liked staying in the village anytime he got back from Europe. He is very close to people around and have also helped many of them. Starting out i wasn't very close with him because of some family ish which i wouldn't want to say but for the past 5-7 yrs we've been very close... Also his shop is his alone and he bought goods worth over 4m before his demise. Why say the key is in the house? If not because they don't want to enter the house before them and maybe take some documents?

182 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by thorpido(m): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Your uncles obviously are not straight forward.Whatever you do,just be careful with them.

268 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by donbachi(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2020
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.

754 Likes 32 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Jullima(f): 8:40am On Jun 05, 2020
Sorry for your loss.

Sad, another story on a greedy family trying to reap where they did not sow. Unfortunately these kind of family battles are hard to fight on your own, you have to recruit another uncle or uncles to help you because you will need them to bury your father.

Lastly, secure all financial documents and assets.

364 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2020
thorpido:
Your uncle's obviously are not straight forward.Whatever you do,just be careful with them.
yeah I've not because they don't ask me before making any decision

4 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2020
donbachi:
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.
I don't think this will be possible...Asin moving his corpse

4 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2020
Jullima:
Sorry for your loss.

Sad, another story on a greedy family trying to reap where they did not sow. Unfortunately these kind of family battles are hard to fight on your own, you have to recruit another uncle or uncles to help you.
hmmm i have 4 uncle's and they have one heart o... whatever the elder brother does is what they will do

8 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2020
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.

667 Likes 34 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.
thanks

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Foodqueen(f): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
Leave the shop for them.

Whatever is not work for, never last for long. They will squander the money, and go poorer.

If they didn't tell u d date of the burial, don't ask just go there the day of the burial and act cool. Leave immediately after d burial.

Their life will never remain the same again.

367 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by yomi007k(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
This is why it is always good for people to make their Will. Not because they plan to die but because they plan for the future of other lives.

I suggest you get a lawyer or contact your dad's lawyer if you want to have a say on the properties but this may cause resentment by the brothers. Secondly, you can let them run it how they choose.

May the Soul of the departed Rest In Peace.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by HoliMaree: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2020
This is my advice to you. Your father's people are greedy, they might even have a hand in his demise. Liquidate most of the asset your father left behind if you have the landed documents with you. Don't allow them know about all his landed properties. Invest the money you make from the sales and share with your siblings. If you don't have access to the documents then break open the shop and take all the valuables, leave the shop for them to drag. For the burial date, accept it, but in your mind let it register that once everything is over, you will cut off any existing relationship you have with those greedy Goats. Go where they won't have access to you or your siblings

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Abcruz(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Apply wisdom in this family issue and let them do what pleases them because some have lost their lives dragging properties.

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Kenoxman(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abcruz:
Apply wisdom in this family issue and let them do what pleases them because some have lost their lives dragging properties.
Take this advice and u will be fine.

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Thanks everyone for your advice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ulunne777(f): 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Aizen123:
Thanks everyone for your advice

Pls be careful in whatsoever.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2020
So, like the poster should bend over, just like that?
Not even to ask them why they would take the key when they know he is around? Not even to ask why the shop was opened without telling him? And more importantly, why they would set a date for his father’s burial without informing him? It doesn’t read right at all, and anybody who gets to know about it is surely going to support you!

Dear OP, how old are you? Where is your mom? You should at least ask them why did all those(even is it’s as a text message or email, even letter), to know the responses you are going to get, for tomorrow’s sake.
You obviously shouldn’t go breaking heads but you deserve to know these answers. And if, for any reason you don’t, at least you would have asked, and kept records of the asking, with or without the replies.
If you are less than 18, maybe your uncle is your legal guardian and in that case, this might explain his high handed actions. Is he? But if you are an adult (but maybe without means)? Just ask, they would respect you for that even if they don’t show it. More importantly, your father would respect you for becoming a man who can hold his own.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Bola146(f): 4:25am On Jun 06, 2020
Sorry for your loss, please don't let them kill you, let them do whatever they want to do, just be in one accord with your siblings, don't wait for any property to be shared, go far to where you can hustle

8 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
merahki:
So, like the poster should bend over, just like that?
Not even to ask them why they would take the key when they know he is around? Not even to ask why the shop was opened without telling him? And more importantly, why they would set a date for his father’s burial without informing him? It doesn’t read right at all, and anybody who gets to know about it is surely going to support you!

Dear OP, how old are you? Where is your mom? You should at least ask them why did all those(even is it’s as a text message or email, even letter), to know the responses you are going to get, for tomorrow’s sake.
You obviously shouldn’t go breaking heads but you deserve to know these answers. And if, for any reason you don’t, at least you would have asked, and kept records of the asking, with or without the replies.
If you are less than 18, maybe your uncle is your legal guardian and in that case, this might explain his high handed actions. Is he? But if you are an adult (but maybe without means)? Just ask, they would respect you for that even if they don’t show it. More importantly, your father would respect you for becoming a man who can hold his own.
I've asked them and he said he didn't need my permission to open the shop and asked what can i contribute for the burial...hence i am a final year student and above 24yrs. My mum is not around.. normally i would have acted but i just want to follow them with wisdom

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ulunne777:

Pls be careful in whatsoever.
thanks i will
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Bola146:
Sorry for your loss, please don't let them kill you, let them do whatever they want to do, just be in one accord with your siblings, don't wait for any property to be shared, go far to where you can hustle
thanks but still i can't let someone else take my father's sweat... Will surely follow them with wisdom and probably involve village elders if need arises even the youths have told me that they are behind me if it turns out they are planning something evil

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Aizen123:
I've asked them and he said he didn't need my permission to open the shop and asked what can i contribute for the burial...hence i am a final year student and above 24yrs. My mum is not around.. normally i would have acted but i just want to follow them with wisdom

Is your mother alive? Was she living with your dad before he died?
It’s good that you asked at least.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by MPESA(m): 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Aizen123:

Due to your age and in final I will advice you to let them be and play along with them though they will certainly frustrates you and threatens you regarding aspects of properties .... You are not yet old enough to drag with them.... Calmly follow and play along with them like mumu and if you are the only son then you have to be extremely careful and always watch your back.
P.s
I believe you are from Ala-Igbo , this your uncle can't be trusted even if you are under 20 they supposed carry you along the burial arrangement BTW why can't you call your mother's people into this case.... Because las-las they will just sell one or two of your father properties and tell you na wetin they do the burial... Just be careful with them.

27 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
kiss
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Kobojunkie: 3:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Aizen123:
Your father did not leave behind a Will? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by frozen70(f): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
Aizen123:
Please i need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back. So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village..on getting i discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account..so i called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...on getting there i called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ...that it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister. Fast forward today...I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

Where is your mother in this picture

You have to meet the good elders in your family to put you through

You did not mention the business your father is doing and how your uncle got the keys to open his shops

You need to collect the house keys from your uncle and after the burial change the keys especially the entrance keys

If you are in good relationship with your father's family you will be guided

If the burial date doesn't suit you, ask them to fix another date

From your write up, you are too young to handle it alone

Seek for genuine advice and reduce cost to the bearest

If you are from Anambra state, then lucky you as the state government have reduced burial expenses to avoid waste of money

9 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Righteous01: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Insult
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Righteousness89(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Be Calm Bro..

It your Right to Know

It's your Right to React!

But don't do it just anyhow !

Speak to your Pastor or Someone who will pray with you First..
you need to Spirtually fortified with GOD! Befor you go!

In Things like these , do not just go Physical! Be Spirtually Empowered!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by XXLMANDIGO: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Your Uncle is dumb, what of you are a cultist and decide to terminate his life?

Then they will bring the news to Nairaland with graphic pics warning and people will start their pity party.

My advise is to inform other family members. I am almost certain you are Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NaijadrivaCars: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Too bad. They may be eyeing his properties.

Your uncles' children may be reading this. In-house enemies are real and very wicked.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Man Bought His Dad A Truck And His Dad's Reactions Will Amazed You(Video) / Missing Mrs Rose Okolie Found (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.