Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright (54749 Views)

Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Halt Michigan Ballot Counting Temporarily / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Twitter removes Trump campaign tribute to George Floyd claiming copyright complaint
Twitter on Thursday removed a video tribute to George Floyd posted by President Trump’s reelection campaign, claiming it had run afoul of the website’s policy on copyrighted material.

The Team Trump account tweeted out a nearly four-minute long video that is narrated by a speech the president gave a few days after Floyd died in Minneapolis police custody.

In the video, the president can be heard lamenting the “grave tragedy” of Floyd’s death over images of Floyd and peaceful protesters mourning his death.

Twitter on Thursday removed a video tribute to George Floyd posted by President Trump’s reelection campaign, claiming it had run afoul of the website’s policy on copyrighted material.

The Team Trump account tweeted out a nearly four-minute long video that is narrated by a speech the president gave a few days after Floyd died in Minneapolis police custody.

In the video, the president can be heard lamenting the “grave tragedy” of Floyd’s death over images of Floyd and peaceful protesters mourning his death.

Later in the video, the president warns about “violence and anarchy” from “radical leftwing groups” over images of riots and looting. He also describes the vast majority of law enforcement officials as “devoted public servants” as the video shows images of police officers hugging civilians and people cleaning up graffiti and garbage in the streets.

The Team Trump video was retweeted by Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr., before it was removed with a message that said: “This media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner.”

The Trump campaign says it reached out to Twitter to ask who had complained about the video and how it had run afoul of the website’s copyright policy.

“This incident is yet another reminder that Twitter is making up the rules as they go along," said Andrew Clark, a spokesman for the Trump campaign. "From the dubious removal of the hilarious Nickelback video to capricious fact checks and manipulated media labels to questionable claims of copyright, Twitter has repeatedly failed to explain why their rules seem to only apply to the Trump campaign but not to others. Censoring out the president’s important message of unity around the George Floyd protests is an unfortunate escalation of this double standard.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/501270-twitter-removes-trump-campaign-tribute-to-george-floyd-claiming-copyright

9 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
#JusticeForGeorge......All this social media platforms can't stop our darling Trump 'the Slayer of terrorists' from becoming president.......Seeing the way CNN and other lamestream media controlled by the left wing attacks Trump is disgusting...
PS: my first FTC on nairaland front page cool cool....and it has to do with my dream country.... grin could this be a good omen I'm finally leaving Nigeria Or I should call on seun for my reward

254 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by dokie: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Rubbish.

The democrats want trump out by all means, using every ally and situation available. Yet they are the most wicked and heartless set of politicians.

The world would be better off without them.

tianshie:

I have a big problem with toilet wipes like you. When bugs like you come to the United States, you never vote Republican. You know instantly that the democrats are your friends. It is the democrats that try to help immigrants float along until they can obtain permanent residence or citizenship. It is the democrats that pursue legislation that fosters equality, that targets immigrant-households and alerts them that the government recognizes them. When you are poor, hopeless, and downtrodden in America, it is the Democrats who look out for you and give you hope. The Republicans are all about conservatism, whose definition seems to loosen or tighten depending on what their present leaders are up to.

It is only JEALOUSY, IGNORANCE and SCHADENFREUDE that cause Nigerians to support Trump and his mean immigrant policies, over the Nigerian, Kenyan, Mexican, Venezuelan, Brazilian, Polish, and other immigrants in the US. You're jealous because your life is FC.UKED up in Nigeria and you can't stand the fact that other Nigerians, like you, have escaped the vicious cycle of poverty and disease in Nigeria. How can any right thinking Nigerian support Trump? Trump who treats people who look like you like sh.it. Dem swear for you ni? Onye iberibe.

You're suffering from cognitive dissonance.

I'm not interested in migrating to America. If I where, I would have been there long ago. I'm not a young youth searching for greener pastures. I'm more interested on their influence in world affairs because it ends up affecting me where I am. And not only me but my children and generations yet unborn because USA is the most influential country in the world and would remain that way for generations to come.

From all you have said, all I can discipher is that your god is your stomach. It's all about who makes you feel good at the present, even if they have to ruin your life in future. The dems have messed up so many peoples lives with their liberal views, practically turned the world upside down with their satanic leftists agenda, spearheading the killing of millions of unborn children since Roe v. Wade, encouraging the lgbt movements, ruining the family system, killed Gaddafi (did you see how Hillary laughed when that man was killed), ruined Libya, helped Buhari get into power and many other despicable things I have no time to start typing.

I'm not your typical tribalist or sentimental nairalander who supports trump maybe because he doesn't like Buhari. Since I attained a certain level of enlightenment, I have always preferred the Republicans to the Democrats. I cried when Obama became president because he was and still is one of the most morally bankrupt leaders forming nice guy. Bullshit! I rejoiced when hilary lost and I am praying quid pro joe Biden is disgraced at the polls.

For you it's about migration, feel good etc, for me its ideology, sanity, family life, and the future of our societies.

Time will vindicate the conservatives.

227 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by partnerinbiz4: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
imagine if it was in Nigeria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by XXLMANDIGO: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
The Frustration of these liberals and their accomplices cannot be overemphasized, but Trump is the only Crazy Genius that can handle the Muslim loving, China apologists Democrats and match them craze for craze, drama for drama. I bet both Senator Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio now understand better that Trump is far ahead than them during the first primary, he is natural but strategic brawler that can handle all of the establishment and their antics. Trump will win come November 3 and there will be mass suicide, maybe even on Nairaland.

If they wanted competition for Trump, Bernie Sanders would have pulled a big weight but Sleepy Joe will be thrashed mercilessly by Trump.

Remember during the last debate with Hilary Clinton, CNN and all the democrats thought that was his end until he spring up a devastating surprise by bringing to the Hall the women Bill Clinton abused. That was what broke the camel's back .

And you know what, Obama might go to Jail grin

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by FarahAideed: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
The conspiracy against Trump continues but they will fail ...Twitter was on the verge of collapse with no purpose till Trump joined it and revamped it ..it was after Trump joined Twitter that it broke even and even became profitable...After Trump wins his second term I advise he moves to another microblogging platform and we will join him there

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by edoairways: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:
The conspiracy against Trump continue but they will fail ...W
Of course they will fail woefully

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by new2012: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lol @ Nigerian teenagers for or against Trump.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by zoeA: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Trump rants too much for a president... He has turned America into a laughing stock undecided

172 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Muslims would soon come and cry here

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Johnnyessence(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:
The conspiracy against Trump continues but they will fail ...Twitter was on the verge of collapse with no purpose till Trump joined it and revamped it ..it was after Trump joined Twitter that it broke even and even became profitable...After Trump wins his second term I advise he moves to another microblogging platform and we will join him there
yes me too.

26 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by EzzyCarter: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
By the time Trump has the time for Twitter, they will say he's wicked grin Well, they asked for it...
The media's conspiracy against Trump is becoming more glaring by the day but then, he's a cat with nine ninety lives. Baba will still trash his haters come September cheesy . If you think Biden will defeat Trump, you must be tripping cheesy. Wait till the silent majority cast their votes

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by AllenSpencer: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
cheesy

Trump has been ridiculed on all platforms and he keeps shooting himself in the leg.

Now he has fenced the White House grin

Bunker Bitch!

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
He shows support, you rant, if he doesn’t show, you criticize

If they really care, they would have done this earlier but because it’s election year, democrats are throwing all their weapons, Snapchat started this, now it’s Twitter, if you think they’re doing this cause they care, I laugh at your ignorance

Still waiting for them to delete photoshopped image of Hitler holding bible though grin

Biden with wallace, strom and his segregation letter but trump is the white supremacist according to the media grin grin

Don’t believe what I wrote, DuckDuckGo the names I posted and free yourself from mental slavery... Obama destroyed libya, which in turn lead to terrorism in Sahel region of Africa, human trafficking and crossing Sahara desert into Europe, a very dangerous route, now Africa are being sold as slaves in open markets of Benghazi and Tripoli... who caused that ? Hillary/Obama

I’ll be happy if you can tell me anything racist bout trump and any country he has attacked with US military

Peace

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by AdaGod1(f): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
democrats will fail again and again
las las Trump will always win because he's God's sent to make America great and he has been doing a great job.

against all odds he won 2016
he escaped removal from office against all odds
he'll be re-elected against all odds too

Trump is the man after God's heart
there's nothing demoncrats and their media can do.

God bless President Trump
God bless America
thunder fire buhari in Jesus name amen

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by daddytime(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lol

Mark Zuckerberg would come to his rescue with Facebook.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Ernerstdavid55(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
grin
Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by joviegghead: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Twitter vs trump
I'm loving this

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by AuntRose(f): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Trump, I still like him no matter how crazy he is. A Man of His Words.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by ODJ124(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
hmm.. twitter looking for trouble..

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Killonp: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Hahahahag
Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Roon9(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Once the world hates you just know that you getting something right.

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by osamz007: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
PART TWO!

I DEY WAIT PART THREE

WHEN TRUMP GO REPLY THEM grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by oyeb15: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
That George is a criminal. Karma played out on him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by pesty100(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
dokie:
Rubbish.

The democrats want trump out by all means, using every ally and situation available. Yet they are the most wicked and heartless set of politicians.

The world would be better off without them.
trump is a Saint and he has come to save all of us.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by sammirano: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Una dey fight president? Don't say I didn't warn you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by habsydiamond(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
for Naija here i never see wetin my own presido do yet not to talk of America wey far like lagos to kano. you cant know America like their citizens same as Nigeria. we Nigerians can defend anybody even when we dont know if that person is doing well or not. i stand to be corrected on this sha. supporting a president will noy bring up green card and not supporting wont bring u deportation.

23 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by Smartypant: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
LOL.......

DUMB tRUMP..... grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by FlordFlorez(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Maybe Trump sef need to stay away from twitter for now.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright by espn(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
He talks too much...

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What We Will Do To Hamas Will Be Remembered For Generations To Come - Netanyahu / Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.