|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,773,952 members, 6,606,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 November 2021 at 06:36 AM
See What Gov. Obaseki Did To These Councillors For Not Decamping To PDP With Him / See What Governor Obaseki Did At The Popular TV Road In Benin-city (PHOTOS) / 5 Things Obaseki Promised During Election Campaign That Have Not Been Fulfilled (2) (3) (4)
|Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2020|
No long stories, I challenge anyone to mention 10 things Obaseki did in the past 4 years as the Governor of Edo State and I'll transfer 5k to you in seconds.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2020|
If he knows what is good for him, he better defects to PDP before it's too late.
PDP don't have any credible candidate for the gubernatorial election
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Majority of nairalanders are bloodily and damn broke.
10 mentions for 5k?....Like seriously
Even the size of the amount shows he doesn't even have much to give out..just to play around.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2020|
The second picture got me laughing
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by daddytime(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2020|
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by daddytime(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2020|
When you are done reading, kindly enumerate 10 things Oshiomole, Lucky, and by extension Ize Iyamu did for the same State while they held sway.
After that, do well to point out Obaseki's sins.
I honestly want to know what he did wrong. I am mon-partisan, whatever will grow Edo is all I'm up for.
Thanks, and save your 5k.
The following are a list of some achievements of the Governor Godwin Obaseki-Led Government
grouped under the six thematic pillars of the state:
1) Economic Revolution
2) Infrastructural Development
3) Institutional Reforms
4) Social Welfare Enhancement
5) Environmental Sustainability
6) Culture and Tourism
1. ECONOMIC REVOLUTION
• Edo Job Initiative; over 150,000 beneficiaries
• Establishment of Edo Innovation Hub, popularly referred to as “The South-South Silicon
Valley”; over 22,000 beneficiaries
• Creation of Edo Production Center to drive industrial development and create jobs
• Launch of Edo State Oil Palm Program (ESOPP); N69 billion committed by the CBN
• 10,000 hectares across 3 senatorial districts adopted for rice production
• Remodeling and re-equipping of the Government Science and Technical College (GSTC)
2. INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
• Emotan Garden Housing; 100 out of 1,440 units completed
• Establishment of Jara Mall
• New automated model for revenue collection; implementation of the Edo Revenue
Administrative System (ERAS)
• Ugboha/Uromi and Auchi water projects
• Construction of the Edo State Secretariat complex, Block C and Block D has been
• Construction/Renovation of roads across the 3 senatorial districts of the state including;
368 road contracts awarded; 274 road projects completed including:
Construction of Lucky Way
- Irhirhi-Aruogba-Obazagbon-Ogheghe Road
- Rehabilitation of Secretariat Road, Igarra
- Textile Mill Road (ongoing)
- Ugbor-Amagba (ongoing)
- Ekaewan Road (ongoing)
- Road construction project at Obakhavbaye (ongoing).
- Rehabilitation of Uzebba-Ukpoje-Akagbor Road
- Construction of Orhodua Bridge
• Reduced cost of Certificates of Occupancy to N50,000
• Renovation of High Court Complex
• Tayo Akpata University, Abudu Campus (ongoing)
• Ossiomo Power Plant; 55 megawatt capacity (ongoing)
• Azura-Edo 461 MW open cycle gas turbine power station
• Inauguration of Benin River Port, Gelegele project
• Creation of Edo Modular Refinery (ongoing)
• Construction of Ikpoba River dam
• Establishment of Benin Enterprise Park (ongoing)
• Renovation of Oba Akenzua Cultural Center
• Construction of Judges Quarters (ongoing)
• Construction of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Iguoriakhi (ongoing)
• Laying of fiber optic for faster internet speeds with collaboration with MainOne; 450km
street by street fibre deployed in Benin City.
• Construction of modern car park.(ongoing)
3. INSTITUTIONAL REFORMS
• Wabizigan launched: launch of new security architecture and implementation of Security
Management Information System.
• Implementation of State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS)
• Development and passage of a consolidated Public Financial Management (PFM) and
Fiscal Responsibility Act (FRA) for better financial management.
• Inauguration of Industrial Court in Edo State.
• Implementation of Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy for better control of
• New and better EDSTMA: The Edo State Traffic Control and Management Agency
(EDSTMA) has been revamped and repositioned for better service delivery to citizens.
• Contributory Pension Scheme for local government workers established.
• Eradication Community Development Associations (CDA’s) from our communities and
stopped Agberos from collecting revenues for Edo State Government.
• Creation of online website "EdoMonitorMe" Portal for transparency and monitoring of
4. SOCIAL WELFARE ENHANCEMENT
• Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EDOBEST) programme: implementation of
modern teaching techniques and technology.
• Over 11,000 teachers trained across the state
• Edo State Sports Commission Bill passed into law and Edo State Sports Commission
• Over a million textbooks distributed across the state
• Establishment of Edo State Task Force on Human Trafficking to curb irregular migration
and human trafficking
• Launch of Edo State Health Insurance Scheme to quality and affordable health care
services for citizens.
• Twenty primary healthcare centers revamped.
• New Central Hospital opened
• Renovation and facilities upgrade of Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium
• Violence against Persons Bill has been signed into law to addres
5. ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
•Commencement of reclamation of erosion damaged embankment along Upper Mission
Road by Temboga.
• Remediation measures in Auchi through the Nigeria Erosion Watershed Management
• Operation Clean up Edo Project has put in place to prevent indiscriminate dumping of
6. CULTURE AND TOURISM
• Successful hosting of the 2019 National Festival for Arts and Culture.
• Reintroduction of Culture Clubs in public schools
GOVERNOR GODWIN OBASEKI’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST
COVID – 19
SCREENING AND TESTING
• Primary Health-care centres spread across the 18 LGAs, with 62 designated screening
• Private Health-care centres across Benin City with 40 designated as screening centres
across Benin City.
• Mobile Screening centres across 6 LGAs, with 78 Screening point spread across respective
wards: 12 wards respectively in Oredo and Etsako-West LGA, 10 wards respectively in
Egor, Ikpoba-Okha, Esan West and Ovia North-East LGA.
• 64,200 persons have been screened via mobile screening centres, with 2,361 suspected
cases with samples collected. 51% Male screened and 49% Female.
• 212,000 persons screened via the fixed screening centres (Private and Primary Health-care
Total of 276,200 persons screened so far.
• Setting up and equipping of 3 isolation facilities in Stella-Obasanjo Hospital, University of
Benin Teaching Hospital, and Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase and installat of 2 new PCR machines at Stella-Obasanjo Hospital and University
of Benin Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase 18,000 Rapid Testing Kit (RTK).
• Acquisition of 4 Autoclave machines
• Establishment a Covid-19 support call centre to manage questions and quarries from
• Upgrade of Emergency Operation Center (EOC) at the Hospital Management Board
complex with support from the USAid department carried out an
• Training of 4,218 health personnel to effectively fight the COVID-19.
• Special training to be organized for Helpline call attendants. Public health experts to be
included as trainers.
• H.E Godwin Obaseki approved a hazard allowance ranging from N90,000 to N300,000 for
frontline health worker.
51 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by donbachi(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2020|
And the winner is!!!
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by helinues: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2020|
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by daddytime(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2020|
E be like say dem never read finish.
I see dem kids with zero life experiences running amok all over in support of their original enemies because they have no idea what is truly happening even right before their eyes.
It is indeed a shame, a classic case of Stockholm syndrome, and a shame on the average Nigerian youth.
Helineus, I've seen you on several threads supporting Oshiomole and jubilatingabout how Obaseki deserves to be disgraced.
Would you be kind enough to tell us his sins and why Oshiomole is the State's Savior?
25 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2020|
daddytime:Insightful! You failed to mention the mass recruitment of Edo indigenes into the Civil Service; the first of it's kind since 1999, compared to the back-end dealings of past administrations in this regard.
One thing that seem clear to me is Edo State won't fair better under an 'every day politician'; at least not the band they have now
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by daddytime(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2020|
My brother, I'm close to tears reading your submission and to see the nonsense being played out while the so-called tomorrow's future (the youths) unashamedly take sides with their oppressors.
It hurts so very much to know that the people one would seem to have been rescuing from the shackles of evil leaders are the same people who'd be beating the drums for one's downfall.
If you are conversant with just the centre of Benin city, you'd agree to the difference in it now and in the past as it relates to the inner roads.
So so painful aswear.
20 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by popez: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Op check @Daddytime's post. Seems you got a debt to offset.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Binikingdowm: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2020|
daddytime:As I was reading this, it made me realize obaseki need to go, he has failed.
No single major project completed in Edo state
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Op, transfer the money na..
Abi you don run from your own thread?
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2020|
What has your governor done in your state?
Obaseki is the best man right now, and he is doing a good job.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by History555: 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Poor man like bighead9 wants to dash 5k. Oga pls use it to change your boxers
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by daddytime(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Yeah, he has to go, agreed.
Now, take your time and enumerate what the people you want to "come' had done in their time let's compare and contrast.
A very simple task.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by ddippset(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2020|
The APC NWC has asked Edo candidates to appear for screening with their original certificates.
You people are here speaking grammar.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Dirty illiterate graduates always supporting injustice and oppression. Thieves!
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by ddippset(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Hofbrauhaus:Let nobody coman tell us Obaseki is the saint and Oshiomole is the thief and vice versa.
They are all thieves.
The only difference is that some support thief A and some support thief B.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Binikingdowm: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Emotan garden, he Abaddon it.
Benin port is non existent, same with Royal museum, central park, industrial park, Benin Enterprise, ikpoba dam, modular refinery.
All of them are audio.
You can't list 10 roads that has been completed by obaseki and Benin city is still flooded.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Binikingdowm: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2020|
You see how that mumu above me was listing the things done to stop coronavirus virus in Edo state as part of his achievement?.
To be fair the only completed things obaseki has done is renovating several infrastructures in Benin city plus building of judge quarters.
The rest are audio
8 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by AdaoraNK(f): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2020|
They are bent to destroy the Gov. With what you listed, he deserves a second term.
I'm sure they don't even have that 5k to give out.
What about Oshiomole as a sitting Gov told a widow and her child to 'go and die' That enough is a sane political climate will get him impeached.
12 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Oga, most of the projects you mentioned are local government standand projects. To win my 5k (now 10k) let's see names of projects that are worth all the noise Obaseki, Shuibu and their supporters are making.
1* Edo jobs initiative you mentioned, are imaginary projects. Where Obaseki keeps dishing out figures of the beneficiaries. Till date, no one has seen the venue or meet with any beneficiaries.
2* Your number 2 are imaginary and uncompleted projects. If i lie, post pictures. Besides, these are local government standand projects, I wanted you to tell me projects that the all mighty Obaseki has done for the last four years.
3^ The wabaizigan you mentioned, how many of the cars are fully functional now? Obaseki claimed he bought 200 cars for the program. He presented about 60 carso during the Inauguration of the programme. One year later, less than 20 of the same cars are operational. The rest are abandoned in Edo State police command.
Othere points you mentioned under 3 are imaginary.
4* Another imaginary points, since your Obaseki has nothing to show. The only thing he did was the training of teachers. This is a normal routine in every state and federal civil service. Workers are trained on a regular basis, don't make it sound like Obaseki did the teachers a favor by training them. It's there right.
5* Your ponts 5 is making me go angry. If Obaseki mention this anywhere in Edo attend during campaign, he will be pelted.
Edo state fight against Covid19 is a big scam.
9 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by BlowYourMind: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2020|
daddytime:Please when you collect your #5k buy me 65" ,QLED smart TV from it.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Mention 10 physical things he did here, not some imaginary projects.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2020|
God bless you my Brother, you are a patriot.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2020|
The same Obaseki has nothing to show, whenever he is asked by the presss people, to list his achievements, Obaseki will turn the interview to a propaganda on how Oshiomole is a thief.
Oga Obaseki, state physical things you did in Edo state.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2020|
That comment made the Widow a house owner today. I guarantee you this, millions of Edo women are looking for such opportunities, when it presents itself.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by Bighead9: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2020|
Guy, come and help your almighty Obaseki campaign. We only need names of 10 projects he did in Edo state since he asume office 4 years ago.
The day of reckoning is here.
|Re: Mention 10 Things Obaseki Did In Edo State And Get 5k by AdaoraNK(f): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2020|
If not for the outrage by oncsrned people all over the country.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11