Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) (624 Views)

How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking / Who Can Help Me Unrestrict My FCMB Account? 200K / 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by jhydebaba(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
I was compelled to write this based on a thread I read on Nairaland's front page about WEMA bank's ineffective customer care.

I wonder if customers are to bear the brunt of bank's ineffectiveness thereby losing hard earned money in the process.

In my own case, I explored all FCMB customer service care and 'las las' they chose to ignore me without replying any of my messages.

My story:

I paid for some goods on Jumia using FCMB JumiaPay on the 16th of October, 2017. The first transaction failed so I tried again. To my uttermost surprise, I was debited twice. Days later I received one package from Jumia as against the two my bank debited me for. That was the beginning of my dilemma.

At first, I went to FCMB banking hall to lay a formal complain. I was always directed to a stationed phone within the premises. You can spend a whole hour waiting sometimes just to speak to a customer care agent. Let me cut the story short, nothing reasonable came out of it. I sent dozens of e-mails to FCMB customer care, nothing. I switched to WhatsApp and finally Twitter. When I was fed up, I went to see the head of Customer care at Ikorodu and Ketu branch at different times. They both assured me that they logged a formal complain on my behalf and I should check back. I checked and checked, nothing came out of it.

Well, the initial response I got from FCMB was that the transaction was successful. I was asked to contact Jumia. I contacted Jumia's customer care as well. The reply from Jumia was that only one payment was received from FCMB and they have delivered.

I went back to FCMB customer care and nothing came out. Though, I still send messages to their twitter account and I think the guy at twitter is fed up of me because I don't get response again from there.

During this lockdown again, I asked my wife to subscribe for gotv to the value of 1900 (She uses FCMB too). The money was deducted but Gotv claimed no money was received while FCMB said money was disbursed.

I also tried to recharge an MTN line on May 10, 2020. Money was deducted, line was not credited. I sent a mail to FCMB customer care, no response. I also sent a DM to FCMB twitter, still no response.

My question to the bankers/financial experts in the house is if indeed FCMB sent those monies and the dealers claimed they didn't get it. Where then is the money and what can I still do to recover such?

Re: Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by Stylish186(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
this matter is too big to settle
Re: Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by jhydebaba(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2020
Please post to front page for more views and comment, don't let them just chop my money like that.
Re: Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
Na was oo, iv used fcmb for 3 years no issue
Re: Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by jhydebaba(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
Thanks to FCCPC, I was able to retrieve all these monies without calling the bank.
Re: Cashless Banking And Customer Care Issues (my FCMB Experience) by jhydebaba(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
I recommend FCCPC to anyone who has a pending unresolved issue with banks or any organization for that matter to report to FCCPC. Infact, the company won't rest until your money is refunded instead of disturbing yourself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Banks – Banks In UAE | List Of Leading Banks In UAE / Biggest Membership Program Online - Costs $11.50 Pays You $10/Ref/Month / Freedombreed Making People Millonaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.