Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port (17778 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now – Ohanaeze Begs Buhari FG / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by aminulive: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Dockworkers at the Rivers ports today commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his commitment to due process, which has led to reopening the BUA Terminals shut down last year by the Nigerian Ports Authority in a move challenged by BUA at the time, and decried by maritime stakeholders.

The workers in their numbers took to the docks of Port Harcourt to thank key stakeholders for their timely intervention in the crisis between the BUA Ports and Terminals and the Nigeria Port Authority (NPA), which rendered business activities at the terminal B void.

Addressing the dockworkers at the rally, Comrade Waite Harry - a National Trustee of the dockworkers' branch of the Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria praised the President for his commitment to due process, which ultimately led to the withdrawal of the notice of termination issued to BUA Ports & Terminals, in line with the concession agreement. The Government also directed both parties to resolve all outstanding issues in line with the concession agreement, discontinue the pending arbitration in London, and reopen the BUA terminals immediately.

According to Comrade Waite Harry, “this action has saved the jobs of many dockworkers whose only source of livelihood come from working here. The resolution of the crisis has changed our status from being “prisoners of hope” due to untold hardship dockworkers faced over the inability of ships to berth at the BUA terminals.

We must also appreciate the Management of BUA Ports & Terminals who continued to support us monthly throughout this period. We are happy that we can now return back to our work through this gesture by the FG which will also bring economic prosperity to the state and the nation in general.”

“I hope that all outstanding issues can now be resolved by both parties amicably”, he added.

It will be recalled that in 2019, the NPA issued a notice of termination to BUA Ports and Terminals, concessionaires of the Rivers Ports Terminal B in a move that BUA said was illegal and ran contrary to the concession agreement.

https://politicsnigeria.com/dockworkers-commend-president-buhari-fg-for-reopening-bua-terminal-rivers-ports/

2 Likes

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Balenciagaokey: 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abdul Samad (Owner of BUA) is a smart Businessman.
After donating billions of Naira during coronavirus pamdemic to the Government.
The Government paved way for his plea and opened his Dockyard.
The silent billionaire. I am carefully following him because he may succeed Dangote.
The man behaves like Igbos.

23 Likes

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by georgee(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2020
Kool

1 Like

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Raxxye(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok.
I nearly thought it's because it's another northerner's business, but let me just convince myself that I'm very wrong to think in that direction!
Oya, make we dance and thank the retired General!
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by 900warriorz: 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Still on still...Buhari has failed us

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by ChuckD1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Christonjnr(m): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wicked Wike should come and lambast this baba for me.

1 Like

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Slawormir: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by aminusodiq(m): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
H
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by helinues: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2020
Should the port be closed for ever? undecided
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by wink2015(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
THE EARLIER THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT START PREPARING THEIR PEOPLE TO TAKE OVER THEIR SEAPORT the better for themselves.

Northerners should not come and be a player over Rivers state asset a thing a southerner will not do if this seaport where to be in Kano or Kaduna.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA MUST ALLOW STATE TO RUN THEIR SEAPORT.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Zuriel23: 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by StagethemTVee: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
Somewhere in Rivers State, a father and mother's source of livelihood has been restored. Nice move GMB

Somewhere on YT,my channel needs subs. Check my signature and sub please.

9 Likes

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by paulolee(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Yes ita needed...afterall we dnt kno the main reasons for the initial lockdown from the start...mayb its because other countries were doing and we joined them because i dnt see the need of relaxing the lockdown and reopening stations when testing isnt even up to a quarter of the population and people dnt even gv a fck abt covid news again lyk before because its just looking lyk a scam as days goes by bt i trust our ever faithful and consistent N.C.D.C. because i know they would surely continue giving us that livescores update even till next year....las las everybody go de alright
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Ibiblaze(m): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by diziki: 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
smiley Good to know. Nice gesture.
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Mightymanna(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
"THE EARLIER THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT START PREPARING THEIR PEOPLE TO TAKE OVER THEIR SEAPORT the better for themselves."

You need investors to developed your country and generate job for the citizen, instead of you to praise BUA for considering PH port as an alternative to Lagos and developing it to be functional you are here preaching tribalism

6 Likes

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by Mightymanna(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2020
wink2015:
THE EARLIER THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT START PREPARING THEIR PEOPLE TO TAKE OVER THEIR SEAPORT the better for themselves.

Northerners should not come and be a player over Rivers state asset a thing a southerner will not do if this seaport where to be in Kano or Kaduna.

The land is spacious Rivers can develop theirs too
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by money121(m): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by recievesense: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
helinues:
Should the port be closed for ever? undecided
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by tutudesz: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Guy you like this word die O! Damnnnn niggarr grin
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by TUANKU(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
wink2015:

Oga the seaport belongs to the FG and not the state government.
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by lonelydora: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Merciful Buhari
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by TUANKU(m): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mightymanna:
"THE EARLIER THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT START PREPARING THEIR PEOPLE TO TAKE OVER THEIR SEAPORT the better for themselves."

You need investors to developed your country and generate job for the citizen, instead of you to praise BUA for considering PH port as an alternative to Lagos and developing it to be functional you are here preaching tribalism
Don't mind him, just another illiterate still undergoing his apprenticeship in thuggery, empty brain.

1 Like

Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by ebuzchief(m): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
all this Damnnnnn stuff
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by doncum(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
His plea has always been that the actiona of NPA were against the concession agreement. Nigeria stands to lose about 150million dollars in arbitration which NPA took to London against FG rules. Wise choice by the government, I think.

@Moderator please repost the previous link fron their fight here so we can have a background information

Balenciagaokey:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abdul Samad (Owner of BUA) is a smart Businessman.
After donating billions of Naira during coronavirus pamdemic to the Government.
The Government paved way for his plea and opened his Dockyard.
The silent billionaire. I am carefully following him because he may succeed Dangote.
The man behaves like Igbos.
Re: Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port by ud4u: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
This is good news, at least people's job are restored.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ENDEARS: Full Statement By Lai Muhammed On Judicial Panel (Video) / Umeh Kalu: Nigerian Army Planting Bombs In South-East & Blaming IPOB / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.