Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

How Did You Build Your Vocabulary - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Build Your Vocabulary (858 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... / Five Strategic Wayz To Enhance/develop Your Vocabulary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by 9janinja(m): 7:17am On Jan 22, 2011
I would like to know how to build up my vocabulary the easy way
Re: How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by savanaha: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2011
By reading lots of books.
Re: How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by mcnepow(m): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2011
Built mine reading newspapers and checking up new words in a dictionary.
Re: How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by 9janinja(m): 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
thanks guys i hope it works for me
Re: How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by Fidelo726: 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
As you read your newspaper, magazines, novels and anyother materials, do not assume that you know the meaning of a new word.
Always checkup the meaning and usage in the dictionary.
Re: How Did You Build Your Vocabulary by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2011
mcnepow:

Built mine reading newspapers and checking up new words in a dictionary.

seconded!
And always do some kind of arguments and logical criticism, it help you learn from others and from yourself. Always write out any unfamiliar word. It's good to have dictionary installed on ur phone so that u would be able to check out words anytime.

(1) (Reply)

So What Do You Expect From Your Higher Institution? / Unilorin Remedial Supplementary List Release For 2010/2011 Session. / Unn Past Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.