Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa (486 Views)

Historical Setting And Cultural Values Of Kabba / Nigerians In China Celebrate African Cultural Day With Colourful Events(photos) / Our Cultural Values (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by Asapchikki(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2020

African cultural Values are vast and consists of countries with various tribes, each having their own unique characteristics that differentiate them from one another.

While it is easy classify African people as one, the verity is that inside the 54 countries that make the African continent, there are over 3000 disparate tribes.

In as much as there are thousands of tribes in Africa they are common particular cultural practices that are similar, if not the same, Which the people of African have taken pride in, and consequently have form the core value of African society.

Things to Know Before Traveling to Africa?
Here are top African cultural values you should have in mind while travelling to Africa

Greetings

In African culture greeting is an etiquette that shows respect. Courtesy demands that when a younger person sees older people, the proper thing to do is to greet. it is very disrespectful for one to walk past an elderly person and not greet him/ her.

Respect to Elders

In most African cultures the elders among a group are accustomed maximum respect, when serving in any gathering they are first served before others.

Languages

There are thousands of native languages and dialects spoken in Africa. Every African country has various tribes that speak its own languages. However due to.......

Continue reading here https://gistafrika.com/top-6-african-cultural-values/
Re: Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by Eeghe(f): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2021
this is my twitter and instagram email
.gmail.com
@ nadesh
I will get vpn once this show is over so we can get back on twitter
Re: Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by nadesh(f): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Eeghe:
this is my twitter and instagram email@gmail.com
@ nadesh

You can delete. Seen and sent u an email
Re: Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by nadesh(f): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Eeghe:
this is my twitter and instagram email
mgmail.com
@ nadesh
Email bounced again

Send me one at at gmail dot com

1 Like

Re: Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by Eeghe(f): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2021
nadesh:

Email bounced
Send me one at at gmail dot com

I have sent a mail, thanks. It’s ‘i’ not ‘ee’
Re: Top 6 African Cultural Values To Know Before Traveling To Africa by nadesh(f): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2021
Eeghe:

I have sent a mail, thanks. It’s ‘i’ not ‘ee’

Seen and replied

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OONI History Repeats Itself In Owo Over Ooni, Son, As Olowo Christens New Prince / Misconceptions About Your Town, State Or Ethnic Group. / The New Currency And Map Of The Oodua Country Trending On The Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.