Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May (898 Views)

Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays / Declassified Emails Reveal NATO Killed Gaddafi To Stop Libyan Creation Of Gold.. / Facts Which Expose ISIS As A Us-israel Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by FarahAideed: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Employment stunningly rose by 2.5 million in May and the jobless rate declined to 13.3%, according to data Friday from the Labor Department that was far better than economists had been expecting and indicated that an economic turnaround could be close at hand.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting payrolls to drop by 8.33 million and the unemployment rate to rise to 19.5% from April's 14.7%. If Wall Street expectations had been accurate, it would have been the worst figure since the Great Depression.

As it turned out, May's numbers showed the U.S. may well be on the road to recovery after its fastest plunge in history.

"It seems the damage from the nationwide lockdown was not as severe or as lasting as we feared a month ago," said Scott Clemons, chief investment strategist at Brown Brothers Harriman.

The stock market roared higher following the report as the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 800 points as of 11 a.m. ET. Government bond yields raced higher as well, with the benchmark 10-year Treasury most recently at 0.91%.

President Donald Trump expressed pleasure at the report, directing two tweets to CNBC.
The May gain was by far the biggest one-month jobs surge in U.S. history since at least 1939. The only previous month to register more than a million jobs was September 1983, at 1.1 million.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/06/05/jobs-report-may-2020.html?__twitter_impression=true

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by fergie001: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
I know say na US news grin

Good one, OP
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by FarahAideed: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
God be Praised ..AbbeyBailey come celebrate with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Goke7: 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
the 40 million out of jobs nko

1 Like

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by FarahAideed: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Goke7:
the 40 million out of jobs nko

They were out of jobs because the Economy was locked down in 90 days after the Economy opens they will all have their jobs

1 Like

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Finnese001: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
okay
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
God bless President Donald J. Trump

3 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by FarahAideed: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
God bless President Donald J. Trump

God bless him

1 Like

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Goke7: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

They were out of jobs because the Economy was locked down in 90 days after the Economy opens they will all have their jobs
amen

1 Like

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by helinues: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:
God be Praised ..AbbeyBailey come celebrate with me
42 million people lost their jobs and only 2.5 million got it back and you are celebrating. Don't for get that unemployment rate is still at 13.3%. That's very high in America. It was less than 5% when Trump was sworn in on Jan 20, 2017. So many of those millions of jobs are gone forever. We will kick Trump out on Nov 3rd and he knows that too.

5 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by abobote: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
gh
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by joyandfaith: 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
42 million people lost their jobs and only 2.5 million got it back and you are celebrating. Don't for get that unemployment rate is so to 13.3%. That's very high in America. It was less than 5% when Trump was sworn in on Jan 20, 2017. So many of those millions of job as are gone forever. We will kick Trump out on Nov 3rd and he knows that too.

and less than 4% before covid

6 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

and less than 3% before covid
It's not less than 3% . It's 3.5% . It makes no difference what brought the unemployment rate up, Americans hold their president responsible. Don't forget that 110.000 Americans dead of Trumpvirus and the debt is over $3 Trillion and there's chaos all over the land. Nov 3rd on my mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by joyandfaith: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
It's not less than 3% . It's 3.5% . It makes no difference what brought the unemployment rate up, Americans hold their president responsible. Don't forget that 110.000 Americans dead of Trumpvirus and the debt is over $3 Trillion and there's chaos all over the land. Nov 3rd on my mind.

is trump also causes of covid deaths in Italy, Spain and UK ?

7 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

is trump also causes of covid deaths in Italy, Spain and UK ?
I don't give a fvck about Italy, Spain nor UK, I am an American and that's my concern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by FarahAideed: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
I don't give a fvck about Italy, Spain nor UK, I am an American and that's my concern.

Something thing for your royal painment again Abbey cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by joyandfaith: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
what do you think he could have done to prevent covid deaths?

2 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
FarahAideed:

Something thing for your royal painment again Abbey cheesy cheesy
You better get off the drug you are sniffing. It's not 40% of African Americans votes it's 96%. He will be lucky if he gets 4% of African Americans votes in Nov. We don't vote for a vile racist.

3 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
[s]
Abbeybailey:
[/s] shut up dummy, nixon won reelection during riots too. You mean the inflated numbers. How come the people dead are in the dnc states. americans are not stupid,they know he is not responsible. carry your stupid lies commot for here.

6 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

what do you think he could have done to prevent covid deaths?
I am done with you. Bye and have a good day.
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
yoruba1914:
[s][/s] shut up dummy, nixon won reelection during riots too. You mean the inflated numbers. How come the people dead are in the dnc states. americans are not stupid,they know he is not responsible. carry your stupid lies commot for here.
Who is this coon from the cave.
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
You better get off the drug you are sniffing. It's not 40% of African Americans votes it's 96%. He will be lucky if he gets 4% of African Americans votes in Nov. We don't vote for a vile racist.
yimu who dash u. E only needs the college votes to win. your imaginary vote is a waste

6 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Who is this coon from the cave.
them don deny this one visa. He come dey wail here. Guy trump is not the reason why your life is in shambles

5 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
yoruba1914:
yimu who dash u. E only needs the college votes to win. your imaginary vote is a waste
Why don't you go look for your immigration job instead of wasting your time about a country you know nothing about. The racist pig don't like your type. If you don't believe me, when the US Embassy opens, go there and apply for a visa and you will see how quickly they will tell you no.

3 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
yoruba1914:
them don deny this one visa. He come dey wail here. Guy trump is not the reason why your life is in shambles
Obviously, you are a sick guy. An American by birth I am.
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Obviously, you are a sick guy. An American by birth I am.
haha american,everybody na american for Nl Me too i am from CA and i am voting for trump.

4 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
[s]
Abbeybailey:
Why don't you go look for your immigration job instead of wasting your time about a country you know nothing about. The racist pig don't like your type. If you don't believe me, when the US Embassy opens, go there and apply for a visa and you will see how quickly they will tell you no.
[/s]guy run o. If ICE catch you. Them go deport you o.
Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by Abbeybailey(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
yoruba1914:
haha american. Me too i am from CA and i am voting for trump.
Begging to get immigration job in Nigeria from Cali. Go and sleep liar.

2 Likes

Re: USA records highest monthly Job creation Ever in May by yoruba1914: 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Begging to get immigration job in Nigeria from Cali. Go and sleep liar.
so you cannot counter my points, you had to check my profile, guy you must have an IQ OF A SINGLE DIGIT. BYE

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Economist: Russia’s Economy Is Back On Its Feet After Failed Sanctions / CoolCola: Russia Launches Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite Alternatives After Soda Ex / Russian Special Military Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.