Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:58 AM

Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 (81256 Views)

NAIJA THROWBACK! University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 / Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by OKTolu: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2020
Say no cultism
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by MsZee(f): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2020
Its so sad when every topic ends in tribal war viz afonja versus Igbos. And its usually from empty skulls that have nothing meaningful to contribute to the topic.
Its high time mods start banning such individuals

8 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Bobotic(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020
But the post came in two (twice) instead of Once grin grin grin grin grin

Nairaland Operators Care-care oh grin grin grin grin

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by ghettokid1(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
[s]See ipob consoling themselves, trying to change the story "when Cult was full of intellectuals" cheesy Cult is Cult? I can bet you many individual in Cult now have higher IQ than Azikwe[/s]

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
See ipob consoling themselves, trying to change the story "when Cult was full of intellectuals" cheesy Cult is Cult? I can bet you many individual in Cult now have higher IQ than Azikwe
Cult isn't cult. It was a social organisation on campus in those days which comprised mainly the best brains and their activities and identities weren't hidden. It was just like kegite club. It later became a secret society or cult when it was hijacked by non-entities and gun-wielding social scums.

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by daddytime(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2020
Evil cultists.

#saynotocultism

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by costandi(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
See ipob consoling themselves, trying to change the story "when Cult was full of intellectuals" cheesy Cult is Cult? I can bet you many individual in Cult now have higher IQ than Azikwe
Fool doesn't know that Soyinka was one of the six who founded the Pyrate confraternity.

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Cult is not always cult!!!... The term in itself is far reaching and encompassing.

What most of our youths practise these days, is more of gangs and hooliganism!!!

4 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by dederocs(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
Politicians have always used and collaborated with cultists, no be today e start.

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by SmartyPants(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
Cherez:

I understand your stupidity and I strongly believe you're under 24 or so
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-52488922
Woke Soyinka started the deadliest cult "Aye fraternity" aka . But foetus like you wouldn't know what these organisations back then stood for; fighting for students' rights and justice

Soyinka did not start aye. He started the Pyrates which remains a registered association till this day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by oneman2k7: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2020
hardbody:

And their grandfather was...

An Igbo man by name Wole Soyinka
proof?
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by GodPunishBiafra: 10:08am On Jun 06, 2020
Jolson:
These guys turned our youths to what they have become today....killing and maiming themselves.
The old generation are all failed generation.

They put us in the current mess.

2 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by holocron: 10:08am On Jun 06, 2020
BLUELemon:
what reasonable people will dress like this... With danger skeleton inscribed on their cloth?

Many paramilitary groups all over the world use the same symbol. You identified it right: danger symbol, signifying deadly potency for its cause. It's not necessarily negative.

3 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by causimalbarka(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

God bless u...
This is what I tell people, cult was never in any time good..

People like Nnamdi caused our youth a lot for their personal interest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by GodPunishBiafra: 10:09am On Jun 06, 2020
BLUELemon:
what reasonable people will dress like this... With danger skeleton inscribed on their cloth?
Only the failed old generation.
They put us in the current mess.

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Rolexjerry(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2020
alphaNomega:

People change bro!

Stop trying to whitewash cultism. It was not a good idea in the past and would not be a good idea moving forward!!
Fraternity began in the University for a good cause- to put an end to segregation between white and black students and end racism on campus. There was no violence involved and only the most intelligent students were admitted.
Today it is the opposite.

4 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by kunyeo(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2020
I am not in support of cultism but for those blaming Wole Soyinka this is my submission-It is like blaming the missionaries for bringing Christianity to Nigeria,looking at what we Nigerians have turned it to today.

2 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Rilwayne001: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

This is too much bro shocked grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Smartypant: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by tiredoflife(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Those were the days when Frats consisted of reasonable people and intellectuals, Now, the whole thing has been hijacked by lowlifes and riff-raffs, murderous blowhards.

Forget it
There was never a time frat had good people
It's called a secret cult for a reason

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by GorkoDimo: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Cult were cult, Zik was a cultist Soyinka was a Cultist Fani Kayode was a Cultist Sardauna was a cultist Akintola was a cultist Ademola adetokunbo was a cultist

Didnt you see how most of them died?

sarrki:

Just wanna know what they represent then?

Please enlighten and educate us

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by ekevwe(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2020
sarrki:
Members of the pirate confraternity welcome Nnamdi Azikiwe to the University of Lagos, 1972.

https://www.nairaland.com/2038314/rare-picture-pyrates-confraternity-welcomes

What did we learnt from this post? Should other cult groups welcome Buhari?

Thats the meaning of such post.

Make I dey go
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by mozona(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2020
Either now or before cultism is Neva a good thing, even in abroad and back here in our country.

Sole aim of cultism is to oppress.

2 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by izubext007: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2020
Ahio down there........let the ship sail ......
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
People beware ooo, na Dem ooo!!
Those who still depend on their parents for even #100 worth of data can afford to come online and spill sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by ayomidegambari(m): 10:15am On Jun 06, 2020
Azmanaty:
Wole Soyinka brought cultism into Nigeria. He should be executed for wasting thousands of our youths and leading more to early graves
guy...you dey there?? No be tell them tell you
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by bigfish3k: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2020
Loooooooogstory:
if he was the pioneer that means igbos have always copied what they see yourbas doing?
Yoruba leads... Others follow
leading in bad things
Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by stanliwise(m): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2020
alphaNomega:

Frats were never a thing for intellectuals and reasonable people. Have you seen Woke Soyinka's pictures in his younger days? Does it strike you as someone who was living a good life at the time?

Please don't bother asking. They were young men doing silly things for their age

Update: I talk am...see the reply he gave you
The original idea of cultism wasn’t what we have today. Woke Soyinka was always a rebel from day one but not on this violent ground

1 Like

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by bigfish3k: 10:18am On Jun 06, 2020
kunyeo:
I am not in support of cultism but for those blaming Wole Soyinka this is my submission-It is like blaming the missionaries for bringing Christianity to Nigeria,looking at what we Nigerians have turned it to today.
Your comparison is absurd

Christianity had good intentions

What was the intention of the cultists from the beginning if not to oppress

See their logo self

4 Likes

Re: Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Jolson:
These guys turned our youths to what they have become today....killing and maiming themselves.

LOUSY EXCUSE FROM A LAZY YOUTH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / Science Courses One Can Study Without Physics In O'level?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.