Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,526 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Are People Gay? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People Gay? (2353 Views)

Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? / There Are People In Anambra Richer Than Dangote: Is This True? / Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Gay? by MasterShifu010(m): 11:43am On Jun 07, 2020
the one wey dey tire me na bisexual, if u want to be gay, be gay, if u wanna be straight even better, u can't sit on the fence.. thats like been Christian and Muslim at the same time

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Gay? by Eastside22(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
ibkayee:

Creating whole threads about them at 10 in the evening o, who are the ones that really need to be delivered grin
Are you sure you're not among them
Re: Why Are People Gay? by maximusprime2000: 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
If u more into research, many of them tries to change due to societal constrain but can't help it .its 100% biological. its like someone born with left hand. calling them names is purely insensitive and immature. U must be well educated to understand this. Have u ever meet a lady with male genital in person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Gay? by maximusprime2000: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
MasterShifu010:
the one wey dey tire me na bisexual, if u want to be gay, be gay, if u wanna be straight even better, u can't sit on the fence.. thats like been Christian and Muslim at the same time

its neva their choice, sorry
Re: Why Are People Gay? by wirinet(m): 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kpokakpoka:

That's what Nigerian churches would make you believe....
I happen to be a very close friend of one of the foremost researchers on homosexuality in Nigeria.....and i can boldly tell you that there are soo many cases of your "soo called pastors" being homosexuals...inshort, ones case was soo bad that he tried chopping his D off, cause he felt it was making him sin against God.
The thing about homosexuals is that they didn't choose to be the way they are, most of them wish they weren't that way, but they have no choice, they are just engineered different from you. Also If you think they must be really stupid and dull, then think again, cause according to research, they are mostly very intelligent as compared to straight men...and also very handsome.

For the record i also used to be homophobic....but then ive learnt that if everybody can try to see the world from the other person's perspective with an open mind..the world might just be a better place to live in.

Doff my heart for you. It is very difficult to make a Nigerian (a religious fundamentalist one for that matter) to change his/her mind and see other points of view.
They see anyone not seeing their point of view as a devil or enemy. The most annoying thing is that many don't know how to mind their business.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Gay? by wirinet(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
maximusprime2000:
If u more into research, many of them tries to change due to societal constrain but can't help it .its 100% biological. its like someone born with left hand. calling them names is purely insensitive and immature. U must be well educated to understand this. Have u ever meet a lady with male genital in person.

Left handed people still face discrimination in some cultures. They beat left handed children to make them change to right handedness by force.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
cricifixo:
I disagree with ur view bro, people still can choose.
When i was growing up, i realised that i walked like a girl, i consciously worked on myself to change that.
There is always a choice bro

Thank your for your input. My response is a bit lengthy, please bear with me cheesy

See, walking like a girl is not being gay. That's stereotyping gone wrong. Yes, we have so many gay guys who are effeminate but we also have just as many gay guys who are very very masculine; more macho than you can ever imagine. You were able to change the way you walk, you didn't change your sexuality. Sexuality is something much deeper than the way we walk. In fact, it's even deeper than se.x. Sexuality is about emotional attachment. Loving the same gender the way straight people love the opposite gender. You don't have to have se.x to know you're gay.

Fact is, some people are gay whether they are having sex or not. We have friends who are gay, brothers, sisters, cousins, colleagues, etc. They are all around us. We love them. We admire their accomplishments. And then one day, something happens and we discover they are gay, and they suddenly become very bad people that deserve 14 years in jail. Does that even make sense? We don't want our tribes or skin colours to define us but we're willing to define people by thier sexuality just because they are the minority and can't speak up for themselves.

In some parts of the world, electro-shock was adopted as a way of changing someone's sexuality. In South Africa, there was something called corrective ra. pe where men gather to continuously ra.pe a lady hoping she'd turn straight. In Leviticus (according to the then Laws of the land) and in Islam (tbf), they just kill them off. Now if sexuality is something that could be switched the way ya'll think, do you think these hideous routes would be taken? Suicidal ideation is prevalent in the LGBTQ+ community today, you think that would be the case if sexuality was a mere choice?

The most shocking thing is that it is criminalised in Nigeria. Even if homosexuality is morally wrong or sinful as they say, since when did the Law start fighting sins? Have fornicators and adulterers (who even breached their marriage contracts) been arrested? No. You know why? Because straight people are the majority. As far as Africa is concerned, the minority has no voice. But what's even more painful is that the younger generation sees nothing wrong with this discrimination.

Some people killed twins in the past cause they were unusual.
Some people in East Africa still kill Albinos.
Some people kill hunchbacks.
Some people the Western world still kill blacks
Some people in Africa are persecuting gay people.

All the above mentioned forms of discrimination are born out of man's inability to accommodate and co-exist with others who are not like him. We call people tribalists, racists, bigots, etc. but it's only because we don't just happen to be agree with them at that point or because we are on the receiving side of the hatred. The moment it doesn't concern us or we have a common target of hatred, we suddenly stop seeing it as discrimination.

Truth is, homophobia is as bad as racism, tribalism etc. But only the objective, sincere and philosophical minds would accept this truth.

#LiveAndLetLive #SayNoToHomophobia #SayNoToDescrimination

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
MasterShifu010:

Sexuality is a spectrum. Like skin colour, it's not always black or white. People don't don't choose their sexuality. Let's stop the discrimination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Eastside22:

Are you sure you're not among them

This kind of statement makes it difficult for men (especially the insecure ones) to discuss the salient social issue of homophobia. You don't have to be gay to know that homophobia is not any different from racism.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
wirinet:

Left handed people still face discrimination in some cultures. They beat left handed children to make them change to right handedness by force.

Which is terrible, really.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kpokakpoka:

That's what Nigerian churches would make you believe....
I happen to be a very close friend of one of the foremost researchers on homosexuality in Nigeria.....and i can boldly tell you that there are soo many cases of your "soo called pastors" being homosexuals...inshort, ones case was soo bad that he tried chopping his D off, cause he felt it was making him sin against God.
The thing about homosexuals is that they didn't choose to be the way they are, most of them wish they weren't that way, but they have no choice, they are just engineered different from you. Also If you think they must be really stupid and dull, then think again, cause according to research, they are mostly very intelligent as compared to straight men...and also very handsome.

For the record i also used to be homophobic....but then ive learnt that if everybody can try to see the world from the other person's perspective with an open mind..the world might just be a better place to live in.

100%%%%

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by sesameq: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
forming and telling a guy no, no, no, till he starts seeing "no" , "no" in his dreams is not a problem, but being gay is a problem for a Nigerian women

Nigerian women are so so evil that hell herself spat them out!!!
Re: Why Are People Gay? by maximusprime2000: 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
WoundedLamb:

100%%%%

this is why I hate some of this church teachings. they will never give what is God to God and....influencing peoples mind due to their own illiteracies and selfish doctrines.
Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
maximusprime2000:

this is why I hate some of this church teachings. they will never give what is God to God and....influencing peoples mind due to their own illiteracies and selfish doctrines.

Welcome to Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by maximusprime2000: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
sesameq:
forming and telling a guy no, no, no, till he starts seeing "no" , "no" in his dreams is not a problem, but being gay is a problem for a Nigerian women

Nigerian women are so so evil that hell herself spat them out!!!

what are you saying
Re: Why Are People Gay? by merieam16(f): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
because dey er descendants of sodom nd gomorah
Re: Why Are People Gay? by AfroKnight: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Because they don’t have sense.
Re: Why Are People Gay? by wirinet(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
WoundedLamb:

As far as Africa is concerned, the minority has no voice.

This summarised all you said. Africans fear and hate people and things that are different, unusual or minority.
Imagine being an open Igbo Ogboni or traditional worshipper. Both Christians and muslims would hate you. Most atheists are are afraid to come open for fear of being stigmatised or worse still killed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Gay? by Spiff20(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
IgiveLadiesBj:
I have been thinking about this and it beats my understanding and comprehension. How does a man get attracted to his fellow man? How is it possible for a woman to get attracted to her fellow lady. Is it biological? Is it spiritual? How??
What do you think?

Please if you're gay I need first hand answer.
The handiwork of evil spirits.
Re: Why Are People Gay? by FuckHomophobes: 12:03am On Jun 09, 2020
Why are people gay? Omo this question deep o.

Just the same way someone else would ask, Why are people straight?

Well I am gay bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Gay? by makydebbie(f): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's pride month, can you all heterosexual leave LGBT folks to enjoy their month lol, you've the rest of the year to do your thing. Heterosexuals thinks their voice matters in the grand scheme of things lol.
I also find it funny when 'neutrals' says, they're neutral. Don't forget, If you're neutral in the cases of injustice, you've chosen the side of the oppressors. So it's imparative to fight homophobia.

Nobody should come to my mentions ooo, I'm an LGBT Ally. It's a lost cause.
Re: Why Are People Gay? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
makydebbie:
It's pride month, can you all heterosexual leave LGBT folks to enjoy their month lol, you've the rest of the year to do your thing. Heterosexuals thinks their voice matters in the grand scheme of things lol.
I also find it funny when 'neutrals' says, they're neutral. Don't forget, If you're neutral in the cases of injustice, you've chosen the side of the oppressors. So it's imparative to fight homophobia.

Nobody should come to my mentions ooo, I'm an LGBT Ally. It's a lost cause.
Hmmm....
Re: Why Are People Gay? by maximusprime2000: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
wirinet:

lolx, a senior brother who is left handed was also coercing his daughter to use right hand cos, he doesn't want her to face the discrimination he faced. Nigerians and dramas.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by Biodun1929(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
WoundedLamb:
People are gay cause they are gay. Nobody gets an IV to choose the gender they'll be attracted to. OP, did you choose to be straight? Didn't you find yourself attracted to ladies?

Fact is, there's no aspect of nature that doesn't have exceptions. People are born with complexion (melanin), some are not. Some people are tall, some are short, etc. So it's surprising that you guys expect sexuality to be a man/women thing for everyone. That's not how nature works.

Gbam. This is the best explanation on this. I don't know why people like dragging this matter. You can't understand how gay people think cos you are not wired that way. Simple.
Re: Why Are People Gay? by WoundedLamb: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
Biodun1929:

Gbam. This is the best explanation on this. I don't know why people like dragging this matter. You can't understand how gay people think cos you are not wired that way. Simple.

Glad there are people like you amidst the millions of homophobes in Africa. I get exhausted trying to educate people. Most times, I just give up. Then I read stories about the horrible things gay people go through in Africa, and I pick up again. The only source of encouragement is supporting comments from none homophobic straight guys, there are the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Gay? by ahmemmygrey(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
cool
Re: Why Are People Gay? by ahmemmygrey(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
grammarnazi2:
Hmmm ......Lemme keep quiet grin
.... Lemme
Re: Why Are People Gay? by lifedynamics: 1:37am On Jun 11, 2020
Lmao gay people live rent-free in you peoples heads in Nigeria
Yall need deliverance
Leave hatred to satan and minions
Focus on building your nations, channel your insufficient energies in essential places
Re: Why Are People Gay? by lifedynamics: 1:52am On Jun 11, 2020
For those of you Nigerians who think you are righteous and upright
In the grand scheme of things you are no more than the colonized who subscribe to the mindset of the 1950s British
You have failed to review and improve your value systems, you are in the same state the british left you in in 1960
You are Tribalist, Yet a christian!
You hate people (gay or not), Yet you are righteous!
You believe you are automatically better than those who are younger, Yet you are building a future!
You claim to be a servant of Jesus or Allah, yet you propagate the only thing they hate, which is HATRED!
You will die and wonder why the devil not God is at your side on judgement day, he will reject you as you have followed false teachings against your conscience in his name, God preaches LOVE and nothing else
Do not make an enemy of the one who asked you to love your neighbour
You are essentially a white mans bitch!
Hating and killing those that have done you no wrong because a pale man from the sea enslaved you and told you what to do
I forbid being a slave and tool for oppressors

You are all relics of an old and failed machination, which will be brought down along with you when the day of reckoning comes
Your descendants will reject you and disclaim you when all is said and done, and you will be among the ignorant and hateful that the world of the future will disdain
Surf with the wave or drown in an angry sea, Your choice!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies In D House, Am I Too Harsh? / 3 Things A Lady Will Tell You When She Likes You / What Has Been Your Hardest Goodbye In Life So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.