Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. (48672 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by reganvida: 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Do you know all about his finance? If yes, I think he should know yours too. Trust in marriage should cut both ways, not just one way.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by uchman46(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
What happened to courtship? This are issues that should have been settled by now but then again, it's very unnecessary for him to act that way. We'll maybe he fell in love with your money and not you. You too should discuss please money isn't enough reason for dispute in marriages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Franksomtoo: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Open another account in the same bank, transfer most of the money there, leave just a few thousand in the old account.. do not apply for ATM card for the new account..if you want to withdraw, do so with bank withdrawal slip. Then give him the ATM card pin number for the old account, and know what he is up to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by freshkpomo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?
sorry to say this sister you are no married, you just dating...

Are you sure you are not the type that met on facebook today wedded tomorrow??

Let's make Nigeria great together.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
you didn't tell us his financial status , is he jobless?
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by davibid: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
G
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by OKTolu: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
Marriage is complicated
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by kalex0(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiddyok:

We are talking about, saying I want to destroy someone’s marriage. A man with that extent of curiosity isn’t a clean person. And if you don’t have sisters you’ll have a daughter, so have a lovely day.

"And if you don’t have sisters you’ll have a daughter"

And so what?
If u can't disclose ur earnings to your husband, u don't deserve to be married and I will keep telling them that.

Thunder fire any lady wey tell me say my husband money is ours but mine is for my personal spending alone.

Nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by otomatic(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiddyok:
And so we marry people we don’t trust with our finances because we must marry. And you need to see where married women are putting down unmarried ones, as if they were born married.
Madam, cancel your atm card and don’t bother with a new one. Bring one or two relatives around or let him know you are responsible for them. Inflate what you spend on them and save the rest in another account. And think very hard of the future of your marriage. I don’t know how you people share bed with someone you can’t share your purse with.
And nobody should quote me and ask me if I’m married and when I marry I’ll understand. I’m not, because I didn’t ask anyone to feed me so I can’t feed anyone’s son.

Well said.
It goes both ways. Men marry people they cannot trust with their account details or have joint account with and I laugh.
You don't trust her with your money but you eat her food. What if she poisons you to claim your life insurance?

Obviously OP did not really know who she was courting before the marriage. She will either do as the husband wants or be prepared to quit.

I do not support quitting though. That's why you must get it right the first time, use courtship to seriously study/know the person's way of thinking, not to be going on outings only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by RedPhoenix: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiddyok:
And so we marry people we don’t trust with our finances because we must marry. And you need to see where married women are putting down unmarried ones, as if they were born married.
Madam, cancel your atm card and don’t bother with a new one. Bring one or two relatives around or let him know you are responsible for them. Inflate what you spend on them and save the rest in another account. And think very hard of the future of your marriage. I don’t know how you people share bed with someone you can’t share your purse with.
And nobody should quote me and ask me if I’m married and when I marry I’ll understand. I’m not, because I didn’t ask anyone to feed me so I can’t feed anyone’s son.

This is intelligent from start to finish

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Champneys: 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?

Tell him to fu....ck off!
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by kalex0(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
ednut1:
Any womam hiding her finances from her husband is an infidel. I have seen where a man had to borrow to pay rent meanwhile his wife had 1.5m savings

Selfish beings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by keentola(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
– Bill Patterson

Do You Know hat you can get 5 books for as low as 300 naira?

Now That You Know, what is stopping You from contacting me for your eBooks?

I sell ALL kinds of Books. My number is in my Bio.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Openbusiness: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?
Which tribe is your husband?
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by SirLinks: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Issa simple stuv
open a new account deposit a fixed amount every month collect an ATM and let him have the pin
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Agasco2020(m): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?
You are not ready to stay in Marriage yet. I am surprise that you are not disclosing your finance with your husband. Quick one! you can as well have men for affairs without telling him too. I don't understand the kind of ladies we have nowadays.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by pocohantas(f): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
I don’t see anything wrong with him knowing your pay, especially if you know his. I believe in financial transparency, thought lots of couples find this so hard to practice.

However, I would be very concerned with such nosiness, even to the level of seizing my debit card. No “sane” person would do this, male or female.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by azamama: 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
Madam tell ur husband how much u earn,stop creating unwarranted issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
you're creating trouble for yourself and still ccomplaining about the trouble, madam tell him how much you earn even if it's lie so all this nonsense will stop

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Shukusheka(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
ednut1:
Any womam hiding her finances from her husband is an infidel. I have seen where a man had to borrow to pay rent meanwhile his wife had 1.5m savings
Your husband doesn't have to know about your finance before you contribute in paying the bills.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Omakraid(f): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
First off,OP indicate where you copied this story from cos you just changed your gender from M to F.
Seriously, someone that knows the kind if phone that is suitable for playing PUBG.
Seems he wants to use this post to know all the available options his wife has on her money

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by sowilli: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Two of you will remain either poor or average citizens if you don’t disclose your income and discuss your financial goals with each other. That is why it is good that both partners make money in a relationship. It helps for proper planning and builds trust. I won’t want to disclose my earning to a woman who isn’t making money as I ll see her a liability and so the struggle is there and trust lacking.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by kurlz(f): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

Madam must you use ATM card? His insistence on knowing your worth is my only fear. Sorry I don't trust your husband. He doesn't have to force it. I suggest you open another account in your child or siblings name and always send 60% of your earnings to it steadily. And let you family know. Your husband is dangerous be smart.

Besides if he is also open to you I see no reason why you should hide anything but if not. Wise up o

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Blackmann001: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

You are a. Very stingy lady ND selfish inclusive... U only married the man cuz of the marriage title.... I rather stay single than marry a woman like u..... U hate your husband... Plz go ahead ND divorce him cuz I know that's where u are heading to..... You shld hv asked ur baby to marry u...

You hv no single feeling for this man, not submissive ND egoistic......... Your the worst thing a man can get

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by OnoriodeV14: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Don't get married to somebody you do not trust.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by greenskittles: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
michlins:
People go into marriage with all the wrong footing. Like how did you go into marriage making something as important as your salary a secret. You lost that right the day you decided to marry.
Both of you need to know what your earnings are and then make plans based on such.
How did you both make plans about the marriage in the first place. Like plan kids, your house and other essentials like cars and investments.

Having said that, your husband is all shades of wrong by seizing your � card. Like why should he seize your card?

The foundation of the marriage was built on zero trust so the effects are what we're looking at
Best comment

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by nahzyla: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
Op

Please disregard the advice from males on this thread, please
Many men these days are just lazy and entitled and gold diggers. And selfish and evil.
They want an obedient slave as wife who will also hustle hard to feed them and take care of them.
While they spend their own money on personal projects or on women so ignore male advice here because it will lead you astray. Some of them dont believe you have any right to have dreams and ambitions as a wife and that you came to this world to help them fulfill their own ambitions. If he decides to chase you out tomorrow for no reason or to end the marriage you will have nothing to stand on and you will end destitute because he bankrupted you.
Get another account to transfer your money and show him like only 40% of the money you own.
This new account should not have an atm or send bank alerts to your phone or email.

Men are hypocrites. The same bible rgst teaches him that he is your leader or that he 'owns you'
also teaches men to provide for their wives.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Capernum: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

Sincerely, you're not ready for marriage. May be both of you are not ready, but I am very sure about you. You're not ready for a solid marriage at all, it's silently but clearly written in your post.

Any marriage where there is no financial sincerity and openness is nothing but a hostel/room mate package.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by cryptotech: 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
that why is your hubby o, tell him

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
kalex0:

"And if you don’t have sisters you’ll have a daughter"

And so what?
If u can't disclose ur earnings to your husband, u don't deserve to be married and I will keep telling them that.

Thunder fire any lady wey tell me say my husband money is ours but mine is for my personal spending alone.

Nonsense

So in a hurry to quote and educate a woman you didn’t even read my original post well. Go back and read it properly. Shame on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / 41-year-old Indonesian Widower Weds 13-year-Old 3 Months After Meeting Online / Ngu Nebuchadnezzar Returns From Russia After 36 Years (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.