Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship (48438 Views)

Allison Madueke Dominican Republic Citizenship No Longer Useful? / PDP Suffers Setback In Battle To Disqualify Patrick Tonye Cole / Rescheduled Elections Could Encounter Setback In 13 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Islie: 7:03am On Jun 06, 2020
Diezani: Setback in extradition moves over ex-minister’s Dominica Republic citizenship

Nigeria’s chances of getting a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke extradited home to face charges may have dimmed following her alleged citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica.

Diezani is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in connection with an alleged N23.29billion poll bribery scam.

The EFCC also wants the ex-Minister to account for N47.2 billion; $487.5million; N23,446,300,000 and $5milion (about N1.5billion) in various Nigerian banks.

Top among her assets, either placed on permanent or temporary forfeiture, is the $37.5million Banana Island property.

She is also expected to account for alleged spending of $6.9 million to buy three 40-feet mobile stages for use during mass public speaking events.

But despite judgments and rulings by some Nigerian courts, the EFCC is said to be facing an uphill task to extradite the ex-Minister since her interrogation by the International Corruption Unit (ICU) of NCA on October 2, 2015.

The NCA is yet to disclose the four other suspects who were arrested and quizzed with the ex-Minister.

Investigation however revealed that her case, including extradition process, is getting complicated after laying claim to citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica.

Diezani was issued a diplomatic passport, DP0000445 by the Dominican Government on May 21.2015 shortly before the handover to President Muhammadu Buhari by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Her citizenship was confirmed by a May 29, 2015 approval letter by the Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Dominica, Roosevelt Kerry.

She was also appointed as a Trade and Investment Commissioner for the Commonwealth of Dominica.

The Prime Minister’s letter to Diezani reads in part “I am pleased to confirm your appointment as Trade and Investment Commissioner for the Commonwealth of Dominica.

“Please note that this posting does not attract a remunerative package. In that respect, I am particularly encouraged by your willingness to serve.

“The appointment of a Trade and Investment Commissioner is consistent with my Government’s declared intention to have a permanent and active presence in the global business and financial sector operations. We believe that Dominica can benefit immeasurably from your illustrious record and profession success, and knowledge of investments and business operations.

“As Trade and Investment Commissioner, your scope of operation would revolve around the direct promotion and marketing of Dominica as a trade and investment domicile, as well as an emerging and unique tourist destination in the Caribbean.

“I encourage you playing an active role in the coordination of road shows and trade and investment expositions, as well as providing facilitator services to businessmen interested in investing or doing business with the Caribbean region. Dominica is ideally placed and equipped to serve as the perfect hub for such commercial activities in this region.

“Additionally, we would wish for you also to avail yourself and be of assistance to any Dominican citizen who may be keen on exploring business, trading or investment relations with the region or who may otherwise need assistance in the event of any distress.”

A top source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Diezani is fully taking advantage of the system in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Dominica where she is a citizen.

“We cannot successfully repatriate her without the involvement of the two countries. She has really set hurdles against her extradition. While the National Crime Agency (NCA) claimed that it is still investigating our allegations against Diezani, the Commonwealth of Dominica has not shown any interest in the return of her citizen to Nigeria.

“What we have done so far is to present a comprehensive report of our findings to the NCA.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “As it is now, Diezani has dual citizenship and the UK Government would have to consult with all the affected countries.

“The prospect of extraditing Diezani is cumbersome. There had been issues on the actual treaty upon which she can be extradited. Yet she cannot be tried in foreign jurisdiction.”

The Acting Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu in February said: “I was in London this year, we did investigation together with the United Kingdom team, and anywhere I go I always call for the extradition of corrupt Nigerians to return back the money.

“This woman stole so much, not less than $2.5 billion. But unfortunately, she has a generation of looters who are supporting her. This is not good.

“We are in touch with the international community, she is under protective custody, otherwise, we would have arrested her and return her to Nigeria.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/diezani-setback-in-extradition-moves-over-ex-ministers-dominica-republic-citizenship/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by JasonScoolari: 7:03am On Jun 06, 2020
Grade 8 zombies will storm this thread, weep uncontrollably and render their popular hymn "BRING OUR YAM OH MADUEKE"

But these hypocrites stylishly avoided the thread below where the Gen Buhari led administration in collaboration with his corrupt cronies are depositing some hard currencies worth billions of Naira into personal accounts.

https://www.nairaland.com/5903747/buhari-government-2900-payments-worth#90312855

Smart move from the beautiful Deizani if you ask me.

Stay Safe ma'am.

298 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by SeverusSnape(m): 7:17am On Jun 06, 2020
grin

You cannot prosecute your own thieves, but you want to prosecute mine. Bubu the mumu, e no go work.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

263 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by XXLMANDIGO: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2020
cheesy

Incompetent Fools. This government has already looted us to recession and close to depression. All the shenanigans is smoke screen by Magu to be confirmed as the substantive EFCC Boss.

Bunch of Clowns.

151 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by misreal(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by sammyj: 7:22am On Jun 06, 2020
This is a case of a criminals out smarting each other! grin shocked

216 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Macphenson: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2020
Okooo

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by UNICALKING: 7:32am On Jun 06, 2020
mek i hear something!

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by chatinent: 7:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Party pot calling kettle black.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 06, 2020
Madueke is one hell of a woman. She should be speedily extradited and made to face her charges.

She is an international criminal who for God knows why, is being defended by the very people she plundered their country's resources.

To all those mentioning, tell your woman to stop running around, the law will eventually catch up with her and you all can go to court to complain that the EFCC lacks moral rights to prosecute her because Tinubu, Babachir Lawal and co are yet to be prosecuted or that the EFCC must first charge those in the current administration.

Can you all read and hear yourselves? Pathetic!

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Karlifate: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2020
She laundered Nigeria's money to the Caribbean region. Why won't they appoint her as Trade & Investment Commissioner for the Commonwealth of Dominica.
Nonsense & EFCC!

EFCC loves a wild goose chase. Are they through with investigating Mr Mudashiru Obasa who gave his mistress 34M Naira for some irrelevancies & other corrupt charges levelled against him OR Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje aka Gando!!ar.

Alhaji Aliyu Tijani; SSG to the Nassarawa State Government didn't return about 234M Naira out of the 1B Naira budgeted for Government schools' fencing & renovation. He promised to return the unaccounted funds when he was being questioned, which may not even happen.

When they're done sweeping their home clean, the international communities will hand over those people with corruption charges for investigation & prosecution. kiss

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Registered today for the purpose of trolling.

One of the "Grade 8" I am referring to.

I re-registered today from 2016: don't call a dog a bad name to hang it.

I had to because some things had to be set straight here, really. How do you think you are helping by the silly, unintelligent comments you all make?

You have a grudge with the government, fine; but don't make justify one evil with another. Let's deal with Madueke first, leave this government for posterity.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Racoon(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2020
SeverusSnape:
...He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
This is my worry with the Buhari government-hypocritical or lopsided anti-corruption fight.Fight corruption wholly irrespective of whose ox is gored they wont.

This woman was almost close in the net when she offered to return to Nigeria to face corruption trial.It was the same Magu's EFCC that went to even obtain a court injunction to block it.Today, he is even asking Nigerians to ensure she is extradited.Hypocrisy!

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by JasonScoolari: 7:54am On Jun 06, 2020
hushpanda:

I had to because some things had to be set straight here, really. How do you think you are helping by the silly, unintelligent comments you all make?

You have a grudge with the government, fine; but don't make justify one evil with another. Let's deal with Madueke first, leave this government for posterity.
Ain't you being a bloody hypocrite here? "Let's deal with Madueke first" But Babachir Lawal our rich grass cutter is walking freely.

"Let's deal with Madueke first" But Aisha's Aide is still gallivanting freely...

"Let's deal with Madueke first" But Maina and other theives in this bastard administration are reinstated.

Please, I don't have time for Grade 8 like you.

Au revouir!!!

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Ain't you being a bloody hypocrite here? "Let's deal with Madueke first" But Babachir Lawal our rich grass cutter is walking freely.

"Let's deal with Madueke first" But Aisha's Aide is still gallivanting freely...

"Let's deal with Madueke first" But Maina and other theives in this bastard administration are reinstated.

Please, I don't have time for Grade 8 like you.

Au revouir!!!

Bro, siddon. I no even understand your unproven assertions. Madueke has a long standing prosecution charges and the only way you exonerate her is by asking that other people be prosecuted before her. Is that how you would defend her in the UK, US where she is wanted.

Somebody stole billions and is clearly guilty and on the run and your are here saying another person did this and did that. You are in over your head with the nairaland likes.

BYE.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by mushystuff: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2020
hushpanda:

Bro, siddon. I no even understand your unproven assertions. Madueke has a long standing prosecution charges and the only way you exonerate her is by asking that other people be prosecuted before her. Is that how you would defend her in the UK, US where she is wanted.

Somebody stole billions and is clearly guilty and on the run and your are here saying another person did this and did that. You are in over your head with the nairaland likes.

BYE.

She is innocent until proven guilty. Other than what has been posted on the news in the name of investigations, what proof do you have to categorically declare her guilty?

Was the former NSA not accused of much more? Where is he today? He's out of custody, as good as a free man, not standing any trial! What happened to the Army investigation panel that was summarily disbanded? Where is the outcome? Is it not better and even logical to go for low-hanging fruits while strengthening efforts to get the more elusive ones?

OUK they managed to put in jail has made nonsense of their trial and is out walking free until they scramble again to commence fresh trial! They can't even deal with the ones here at home but once they need small press attention they will call a woman minding her life n business on another country! Is that not what y'all started with Okonjo Iweala yet see her today!

Stop running your mouth without proof.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 06, 2020
hushpanda:

Not a supporter of crime but wont it be best to catch the apples closest?..

Akpabio is a Minister today
Silva is a Minister today
Amaechi is a minister today
Orji Uzor is a free man today
Ganduje is still Governor today
Uduaghan is walking majestically
Shettima is a Senator today
Alphabeta case file is gathering dust
Fashola is a minister today
Osibanjo's Nema is case closed
Sidika's school feeding is closed
NSA scandal has turned to play
NIA Oke world publicised scandal is gone..
Obasa fresh scandal is not corruption..
Maina is chilling
Okorocha is now a Senator
Theodore Orji is a senator today..
Ajimobi is a free man..
Aregbesola is minister today..
yari is living the dream..
Goje is cruising with his lagesse..
Oshiomole is party chair today..
Babachir lawal is making press statements..
Aishas aide is strolling through the capital..

When EFCC is ready, we would all know..

160 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2020
chatinent:
Party pot calling kettle black.
Exactly, how can a perty of oshiomole, gandollar, tinubu, uduaghan, etc fight corruption? Apc is just pdp that covers its tracks better.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by osamz007: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER

4 Likes

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by philiancoop(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Mama with the money

Don't forget that she was a billionaire from a billionaire family before taking on government job

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by HantaVirus(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
This woman stole a lot from our Treasury...Her boyfriend,Kola Aluko(Who laundered money for her) bought a 15 billion naira SuperYatch,A private jet, A villa in Switzerland and expensive autos...Dude also spent millions of dollars on Naomi Campbell...

We need a Revolution in this country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by anibi9674: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Captainrambo2: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Obasa and tinubu re in lagos... petition have been submitted. They dont have diplomatic passport. Useless efcc go and carry them no.

They re wasting our time with a freemason agent they can never ever un thier lives touch..... her children and husband re in Nigeria they re flexing. Efcc cant do shít

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by jericco1(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
See money wey only one person tiff.. and na the ones wey EFCC gree disclose oh. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Please leave the woman alone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by wman(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2020
Wow. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

EFCC said she stole nothing less than $2.5 billion. That's crazy.

Smart woman. She probably knew about Dominican Republic's extradition policy and knew that the Buhari administration might probe her after GEJ lost.

11 Likes

Re: Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 06, 2020
How this woman looted all these funds under Jonathan regime such the kind of leader he was.....No minister can try this under Buhari obviously...

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos) / Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Buhari Debriefs Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.