Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,931 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Help!!! New Cat Is Sick - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! New Cat Is Sick (1667 Views)

What Breed Of Cat Is This? / My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? / Grumpy Cat Is Dead, The Richest Cat In The World With $100M Fortune Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by benega: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2020
Typing with tears in my eyes. He is such a good boy. I dont know how he made it into our compound, i cant call him a stray cat because he acts so domesticaTed. Always uses his litter, never plays rough, just want love and cuddles. Hes been sick since we got him it started with nasal congestion that one has cleared, but he's been getting more and more low energy and cold. His apetite has declined badly, yesterday he refused all his usual foods, all i could get him to eat is chicken pieces. And he only ate small. These days all he does is sleep in a hot spot beside the fridge. I decided i will purchase some antibiotic to mix with its gesha. Pls is it a good idea. Help me out guys, am out of my depth here.

Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 06, 2020
leave it let it die angry
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Eidris01(m): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2020
eltilon:
leave it let it die angry
This is Nigerians mentality... No love for nature. I've seen a video, where helicopter was used just to rescue a deer, abroad. Can that ever happen here in Nigeria?
That's why nothing will change in Nigeria, until we decide to change our mentality. Every life matters!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Eidris01(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2020
benega:
Typing with tears in my eyes. He is such a good boy. I dont know how he made it into our compound, i cant call him a stray cat because he acts so domesticaTed. Always uses his litter, never plays rough, just want love and cuddles. Hes been sick since we got him it started with nasal congestion that one has cleared, but he's been getting more and more low energy and cold. His apetite has declined badly, yesterday he refused all his usual foods, all i could get him to eat is chicken pieces. And he only ate small. These days all he does is sleep in a hot spot beside the fridge. I decided i will purchase some antibiotic to mix with its gesha. Pls is it a good idea. Help me out guys, am out of my depth here.
You can search if there's veterinarian around you, but I'm not sure if there's one in Nigeria
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Hathor5(f): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Please take the cat to a vet. Don't medicate him by yourself. cry
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Hathor5(f): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
Eidris01:
This is Nigerians mentality... No love for nature. I've seen a video, where helicopter was used just to rescue a deer, abroad. Can that ever happen here in Nigeria?
That's why nothing will change in Nigeria, until we decide to change our mentality. Every life matters!

kiss
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sell it before it dies.I will love to buy him
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2020
sell am bro.I will love to buy him
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2020
Then give him to a zoo keeper to take care of him.
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Bjornson01(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Same issue occurred with my cat, we called in the vet and he gave him some 5 anti-biotic shots for 3k, and he told us that he might have picked up some pathogens from the regular house lizards and mice he usually hunts, although cats are carnivores but the reasons the stray cats in the wild hardly get sick from ingested pathogens is because of favourable law of natural selection on them......cats are low maintenance animals, even without treating him he'll get well, also try to deworm him.
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Anyone with a pet for sale
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by younghartz(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2020
benega:

Due to low resources I'd advice you to keep him in a warm place since he wants it there.
You can't be a cat for a cat ( it Knows what's going to heal him)
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by CrazyCrane: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2020
younghartz:

Due to low resources I'd advice you to keep him in a warm place since he wants it there.
You can't be a cat for a cat ( it Knows what's going to heal him)

Few months back I had two kittens who wandered into my compound
I house them both but later on I discovered one became so weak from something he must have eaten.
Took him to the vet, after everything the doc said "you can't be a cat for a cat,that he's going to heal himself"
Op I wish your cat quick recovery

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
I need a pet
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by peacefull(f): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2020
I hope he will get well soon.
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
post more pictures of him because I lost a cat that looks like him because of my stupid neighbors Dog.And he is cute
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
I am planning on a way to get revenge
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
I am planning on a way to get revenge.My cat hasn't come for d past 3 weeks now.I am looking for someone that will sell a cat to me
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
please post a clear picture of him
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Medunah: 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
benega:
His favorite sleeping spot
Awwn, I usually dont like cats but this one seems calm.

I grew up with the mentality/myth that they are spiteful and that if u stare at them for too long, they will Spit in your eyes and you will become blind cheesy
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Medunah: 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
CrazyCrane:

Few months back I had two kittens who wandered into my compound
I house them both but later on I discovered one became so weak from something he must have eaten.
Took him to the vet, after everything the doc said "you can't be a cat for a cat,that he's going to heal himself"
Op I wish your cat quick recovery
So what happened to them?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by CrazyCrane: 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
Medunah:
So what happened to them?
after the recovery I gave them out
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Michael390(m): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2020
I told u to sell her to me
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by hidhrhis(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Maybe corona virus
I really love cat a lot
I saw two big cat that has a tiger colour when I went visiting one of my friends some times ago
On seeing them had to step back first cos I've never seen a cat that big but they are calm and cool
I was told it is Hausa cat that they are always big and long
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Hathor5(f): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
benega:
His favorite sleeping spot

This one is so cute. smiley smiley smiley

One of my cats is white too. I love him too much. If I didn't, I would have given him up for adoption. His fur is an unwelcome contrast on black clothes. My black cat's fur is easier to handle.
Re: Help!!! New Cat Is Sick by Hathor5(f): 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Michael390:
I am planning on a way to get revenge.My cat hasn't come for d past 3 weeks now.I am looking for someone that will sell a cat to me

He is probably trapped somewhere. undecided cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Samoyed Is For Sale / Massive Boeboel Available For Mating In Badagry / Big Bone Male And Female Caucasian Pups For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.