Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,143 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion (2349 Views)

Calling Out Elidaxziel: The Most Dishonest Christian Apologist On Nairaland / An Appeal To Seun Osewa To Be Silent No More / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Ghostrye: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
try and go online to attack the quaran online in America first or call Muslims fools for believe in it....u know wat a lot of people in America including athiest will call it ...islamophobia..dat is discrimating against muslems ..if u were an actor or politician and u don't apologize..get ready for ur career to take dig...dat is how a civilized world works

And your point is...
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2020
OcVoice:
He doesn't care! He might even delete this thread and ban you(Op)

Use other platforms....twitter, Facebook, Instagram.

If people starts avoiding this platform maybe his head will reset
Yeah...
Maybe when he sees this headline:
"Seun Osewa, the religious apologist and propagandist who forces people to become Muslims in Nigeria" all over the social media, his head will reset.

Let him not think that the same nonsense sensational headlines he uses will not be used against him.
Justice, equity and fairness must reign on this platform.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by donjazet(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Very brilliant write-up once again as expected from Michael.
I just wish seun can see this and act upon it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2020
bigtt76:
I will never understand all of these shaaa.... Nairaland is a free to use platform and is not binding that users must remain if dissatisfied its operations wonder why we keep on whining about how it is run undecided
Here is another:

Why don't the christians and Muslims stay away from the place since they know they don't want to discuss their faith online?
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Ghostrye: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

If you are in Nairaland and you don't know that the owner is an atheist, then you probably just joined very newly.
I have been on nairaland for a long time, and the one thing i can say for certain about Nairaland is that Seun is a religious apologist, and helps propagate religious beliefs; something he should be helping people who don't know better to be free of.

Why do i say that Seun is a religious apologist and propagandist?
Seun has one of the biggest social media platform in Africa, not just Nigeria. He lives in a country where Religious freedom is deeply entrenched in the country's constitution, something that even allowed him follow his non-religious path of atheism.
As part of attending to the Religious needs of his platforms members and guests alike, he added the Religious section to Nairaland. One would applaud such as a wonderful move because there is nothing bad with people of like/similar faith/minds congregating online to discuss and share their religious beliefs(or non-belief), convictions and practices.

However, the usual pettiness that has kept Nigeria and Africa down set in. The same pettiness that has made snake threads a constant feature in the front-page.

1) First there is the swearing that you believe in Allah before you can comment on a Muslim thread. Like seriously? People are forced to comment with a silly religious tag before commenting on a free website; a reverse psychological way of making people avoid such threads since they wouldn't want to be tagged with that religious nonsense. This is because after commenting, the tag follows you everywhere else on the site like a permanent tag.
I cannot comment on a Muslim thread because I am forced to accept something i don't believe in. This is tantamount to the physical religious jihad/wars in which you either convert or die.
You have no right to enforce such rule on anybody Seun Osewa, as you are contravening Section 39(1) of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria as Amended:
"Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference".

It doesn't matter if you own Nairaland. Nairaland is a business entity registered under the Laws of Nigeria and therefore subject to the constitution of the land.

Furthermore, you are also expressly disobeying Section 42 of the constitution with this vicious discriminatory policy Viz:
"S.42(1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-
(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria [/b]or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or
(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, [b]any law in force in Nigeria
or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions."

Note the bolded @"...any law in Nigeria..."

You are forthwith adviced to fall in line with the law of the land or apply a general rule about posting in the religious section.
A Muslim cannot be free to comment on a christian thread or atheist thread or any other non-muslim thread without swearing to anything, whereas other non-muslims are forced to do so on Muslim threads. That's the highest point of discrimination and suffocation of freedom of religion and expression. It is a coded religious propagation and exactly what an apologist will do; unless you are a closet atheist and a Muslim in real life.

2) Every Friday, Muslim threads are pushed to the front-page, flooding the front page of Nairaland with at least 5+ Muslim threads.
Also, every Sunday, christian threads flood the front-page with at least 5+ threads.
@Seun Osewa has chosen the two days to push religious beliefs to other Nairalanders face without caring about anything.
However, does he accord the same privilege to other people who are not Muslims and Christians? No!

@Seun Osewa, why are you afraid to push the following threads from religion section to front page?
- Freethinkers thread,
- Atheists threads,
- Traditionalists thread,
- Agnostics threads,
- Humanists threads and other threads that are not Muslim or Christian related.
Why do you still discriminate despite having the platform to bridge the silly discrimination that has pervaded the entire Nigeria in our physical world?

You move and push religious propagation, but are afraid to push non-muslim/christian doctrines of christians and Muslims. Yet, you want us to believe you are not religious.

The last time i checked, all the christian and Muslim threads contravenes Rule 8 Of Nairaland, making them unfit to even be existing to begin with.
For emphasis, Rule number 8 of Nairaland Rules states:
"Don't post false information on Nairaland."
All muslim and christian threads on Nairaland are false threads ab initio seeing as they are not facts and have never been proved. They are all simple opinions to begin with, but they're being pushed to the front page nonetheless.

You @Seun Osewa should address this issues immediately. I am not the first to complain, and i am not sure i am even the first person to call you out publicly about this. You can ban me if you want, but stop being a religious apologist and propagandist.

Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.
The same way christian and muslim threads are pushed to the front page is also the same way non-muslim/christian threads should be pushed to the front page at given days of the week. I cannot tell you not to push christian/muslim threads to the front-page because they're a big demographics for your site. However, justice, equity and fairness demands that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Non-muslim/christian threads will hit higher demographics outside the religious section which a lot of people don't enter. But, you are deliberately restricting it because you are an apologist and religious propagandist.
There are a lot of non-believers who visit Nairaland front-page daily. Such threads on the front-page will also tell them about people of similar beliefs, seeing as most people prefer to keep their non-religious beliefs and affiliation to themselves because of the society we are in.
Do what is right, and prove me wrong that you are not a religious apologist and propagandist.

Regards!
This is front-page material, but as you've already written in the article, the powers that be may not let it get far b4 they cut it

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

And what would you say about Christians insulting atheists?
And this is always the case rather than the exception.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by bigname23: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

I doubt that.

I believe it's the christians that insult others unnecessarily. I even opened a thread about it. "Why does Religion pervert/twist the intellect of christians".
I was insulted in the thread too by every christian that entered thread. You should see the thread for yourself in my topics and decide.
exactly y must u take a dig at christains in ur post..nor be u dey find trouble..dere is no democracy or civilised world where u go after a religion and not call dat discrimation ..can,t u just express ur belief in d non existence of God... without going after other people's religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2020
Ghostrye:

bigname23 I've not been on this forum for long (at least not as long as some names I've been seeing) but most of the atheist threads I see do not insult others religion, they may find faults in th holy books and question the things preached by them, some engage in constructive argument and even criticism, but most of them don't insult.
Guaranteed there will be those eggs that can't pass points across without insults,but most atheists on forum make insults the last resort ( and mostly in self defense too smiley ). Compared to most religious threads that threaten, insult and even throw curses around at others who do not have the same opinion as them.
Just saying
You said the simple truth which everyone knows is the case. Whenever there is any insult competition, look who started it.
I don't support insults, it's the pettiest level of intellectual debasement. However, most christians resort to it very easily, you just cannot help but notice the similarity between other fellow Christians on the platform.
I even opened a thread about it, they also insulted me on the thread.

It's quite appalling honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by bigname23: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

Bros na lie I see Muslim and christain threads on Friday,s and Sunday,s..it's mainly about thier worship and to go about it ..for christains ...u see issues like speaking of tongues,fornication ,tithes and offerings..dat is wat makes front page most times...i

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

Exactly.
On twitter, someone asked why god didn't save that girl from getting raped in church, and he received death threats from Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

What's your definition of an attack?
Most non religious folks ask vital questions rather than trade insults. We all know you religious folks are intolerant when other people's views differ from yours.
Please loud it.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
how many times u don see me comment..and I will never like a post or support a post dat tries to insult other people's beleif ...I belief u can preach Jesus or Allah or express ur atheism without taking a dig at others for dier believes

Explain what you mean by "taking a dig".
Are you saying religion shouldn't be criticized?

I've already told you that when most non religious folks ask questions, they don't hurl insults, unless it come from the Christian folks first.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Ghostrye: 11:38am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

You said the simple truth which everyone knows is the case. Whenever there is any insult competition, look who started it.
I don't support insults, it's the pettiest level of intellectual debasement. However, most christians resort to it very easily, you just cannot help but notice the similarity between other fellow Christians on the platform.
I even opened a thread about it, they also insulted me on the thread.

It's quite appalling honestly.
Bro you never see anything, na small comment me I just comment o, next thing na damnation talk and insults. I just shake head leave the thread grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2020
Perfecttouch:
This op and his liberation mantra chant again.
Why can't you do you and let others do what they believe in?
If you believe you've been liberated, let others to be liberated in their own ways.
Even trying to liberate people like you assume is going against what you always preach.
What if you are wrong and others (religious people) are right which I know they are!!! Have you thought about that?
If you believe that what you are saying is the right thing, then i challenge you to prove it.
If you cannot prove what you are saying is right, then it means that you don't know what you are saying. Since you don't know what you are saying, it is wrong to continue to propagate that because what you are teaching and imparting others is false information.

That's the atheist/Freethinkers argument only. It's as simple as that!

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2020
donjazet:
Very brilliant write-up once again as expected from Michael.
I just wish seun can see this and act upon it.
Thank you brother.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
try and go online to attack the quaran online in America first or call Muslims fools for believe in it....

Guess which set of people call others fools for not believing in their god. cheesy
You got it right.
It's even in their bible.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2020
Ghostrye:

This is front-page material, but as you've already written in the article, the powers that be may not let it get far b4 they cut it
Thank you brother. cheesy
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:44am On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
exactly y must u take a dig at christains in ur post..nor be u dey find trouble..dere is no democracy or civilised world where u go after a religion and not call dat discrimation ..can,t u just express ur belief in d non existence of God... without going after other people's religion
Try and read my post on the thread itself.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by kingxsamz(m): 11:47am On Jun 06, 2020
Perfecttouch:
This op and his liberation mantra chant again.
Why can't you do you and let others do what they believe in?
If you believe you've been liberated, let others to be liberated in their own ways.
Maybe when they stop disturbing us in our homes, streets, bus parks, market places and schools, and leave everyone to their beliefs and non belief, then we'd consider your option.

What if you are wrong and others (religious people) are right which I know they are!!! Have you thought about that?

You started with "what if" and ended up concluding that they're right.
If they're right, please tell us, how so?

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by bigname23: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Guess which set of people call others fools for not believing in their god. cheesy
You got it right.
It's even in their bible.
una dey talk of nairaland..na athiest dey call people fools, gullible,dull and backward for believing God for here nairaland oh...
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
Bros na lie I see Muslim and christain threads on Friday,s and Sunday,s..it's mainly about thier worship and to go about it ..for christains ...u see issues like speaking of tongues,fornication ,tithes and offerings..dat is wat makes front page most times...i
There are a lot of non-religious posts without any insult ish in it bro. In fact, most if not all of them are. It's common sense that two Freethinkers/atheists will not resort to insulting each other in a thread over something that can simply be verified.
This is common sense. Only christians will come to such thread's and start insulting others, calling them devil and antichrist and Satan... They even go as far as cursing the Freethinkers/atheists in details, even giving dates and making Prophecies on top of the Freethinker's/atheist's head.

It's actually very funny shaa, really funny!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Exactly.
On twitter, someone asked why god didn't save that girl from getting raped in church, and he received death threats from Christians.
That's their mentality. Any simple question relating to their god automatically invokes a certain sudden nerve in them...a product of many years of religious indoctrination.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2020
Ghostrye:

Bro you never see anything, na small comment me I just comment o, next thing na damnation talk and insults. I just shake head leave the thread grin
Shey even you too dey wonder am.

If that is not the best form of cognitive dissonance, I don't know what else that will be better.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by bigname23: 11:57am On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

There are a lot of non-religious posts without any insult ish in it bro. In fact, most if not all of them are. It's common sense that two Freethinkers/atheists will not resort to insulting each other in a thread over something that can simply be verified.
This is common sense. Only christians will come to such thread's and start insulting others, calling them devil and antichrist and Satan... They even go as far as cursing the Freethinkers/atheists in details, even giving dates and making Prophecies on top of the Freethinker's/atheist's head.

It's actually very funny shaa, really funny!
Bros na story u dey find may dem start to dey check most atheist post na whether u nor go see things directed at Christianity or Islam...infact if u won know athiest post na thru d words directed at christainity or Islam...my own na if everybody stay for their Lane... seun nor go dey regulate sum post ...
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
Bros na story u dey find may dem start to dey check most atheist post na whether u nor go see things directed at Christianity or Islam...infact if u won know athiest post na thru d words directed at christainity or Islam...my own na if everybody stay for their Lane... seun nor go dey regulate sum post ...
You are free to check.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by SpicyMimi(f): 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Atheists are the reason I try as much as possible to avoid religion section here...they disgust me! I'm glad Seun being an atheist isn't forcing his belief on us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Minsk24: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Seconded... More Non-religious posts shoud be pushed to FP... Let the awakening begin...
Religious people always resort to insults because emotions rule their thinking and not reasoning...
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Faithful4real(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Minsk24:
Seconded... More Non-religious posts shoud be pushed to FP... Let the awakening begin...
Religious people always resort to insults because emotions rule their thinking and not reasoning...

This is your problem. Why do you want more non-religious yo be making FP. I believe everything should be equal. Even if i see an atheist and Muslim post on FP the chance of me clicking it will be very low.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

the owner is an atheist,

Seun is a religious apologist,
I wonder how Seun could be a "religious apologist" and "an atheist" at the same time. But I guess you might mean he apologises for atheists, though I can't say I see that myself.

IamMichael:
Seun Osewa, why are you afraid to push the following threads from religion section to front page?
- Freethinkers thread,
- Atheists threads,
Just goes to show how balanced and mature Seun really is, in my opinion, for which I, buda highly commend Seun. Any other atheist would push freethinker and atheist threads to the front page permanently!

Could Seun please add a contribution button please. I am getting tired of benefitting from your hard work for free!

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

@Seun Osewa, why are you afraid to push the following threads from religion section to front page?
- Freethinkers thread,
- Atheists threads,
- Traditionalists thread,
- Agnostics threads,
- Humanists threads and other threads that are not Muslim or Christian related.

Regards!

My friend prove to me why atheist threads deserve to be on religion section
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

What's your definition of an attack?
Most non religious folks ask vital questions rather than trade insults.
That's untrue. Atheists take as much delight in attacking religious people and their gods as religious people take in attacking atheists on here.

One is as unholy as the other!
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
budaatum:

That's untrue. Atheists take as much delight in attacking religious people and their gods as religious people take in attacking atheists on here.

One is as unholy as the other!

Everyone need to stick to rule. Always post on the right section. That is principle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kumuyi Also Contributed To The Rape Mentality In Our Society / Lord Make My Living A Blessing Each Day Song / The Thirty Wise Sayings Of KING SOLOMON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.