Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) (79729 Views)

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Jacqueline22(f): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
bluebay:

Uncle, we talking about beauty Not ancient stuff. I know say Benin win for ancient and witch craft .
Na witch Dey know other witch

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
You guys are funny in this country.

Very funny!
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Unibenfucker(m): 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nawaoh for op ooh I schooled in Uniben. Na so so brown roof structures full Benin nah. Make you go Asaba make you see development see the kind houses Dem dey build and Dem say okowa dey try for road. The last time I go Asaba I nor sure say I see brown roof there

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Benevento:

I tire ooo, below is what we called highrise building, which can only be found in Lagos and Abuja.

Ibadan and Port Harcourt too has 1 or 2 of these.

I hear Uyo too just Developed a 21 story building.
exactly but they will start posting 3 storey buildings in their state
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Unibenfucker:
Nawaoh for op ooh I schooled in Uniben. Na so so brown roof structures full Benin nah. Make you go Asaba make you see development see the kind houses Dem dey build and Dem say okowa dey try for road. The last time I go Asaba I nor sure say I see brown roof there
it's a new city it's expected

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Imjustagirl(f): 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
goodnewscliff:
Asaba is just 2 streets when compared to benin

ONLY IKPOBA HILLS BIG PASS ASABA grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you for this comment. Comparing Benin to Asaba village. Rubbish
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Euegene100001: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
But no security in Benin Asaba still better pass
goodnewscliff:

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Hezmatosky: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Just like saying London and Dubai, which one is more beautiful? By the way, how many flyover Asaba get? Just one. Though Asaba is my home town but still never reach anything. If not because of Okpanam, Ibusa and neighbouring towns, Asaba is nothing angry

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
lies give me example, and since when was state start getting 13% allocation?

it seems you are a kid. so you don't know that each region was being developed by their own wealth until Ironsi foolishly centralized everything?

Benin was capital when we were in charge of our resources instead of depending on FG.

Following Nigeria's independence from British rule in 1960, Benin City became the capital of
Mid-Western Region when the region was split from Western Region in June 1963; it remained the capital of the region when the region was renamed Bendel State in 1976, and became the state capital of Ẹdo State when Bendel was split into Delta and Edo states in 1991.

Benin should be competing with Lagos and Abuja in Nigeria but instead they are do worst than newly created cities

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Stubar0511: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
I rep lucky way.. Ramat park bro. ��
goodnewscliff:

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Bigsunny01(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Leap4sure:

I do not think we would have a fair assessment comparing Benin and Asaba. It is not an apple for apple. Asaba is relatively a new state capital and we should expect to see new city planning and structures which wouldn’t be in Benin. Benin is in the league of Ibadan, Enugu, and Kaduna. These are the regional capitals of Nigeria in the 60s.

U have said it all my broda... All dis new generation guys will not understand dis

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by odinga1of: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Photos of Asaba

Asaba is more beautiful, serene and organized than the ancient city of Edo.

God bless Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa #StrongerDelta
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by AsawanaDgreat: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
We need More development in the south not comparisons.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lostz:

it seems you are a kid. so you don't know that each region was being developed by their own wealth until Ironsi foolishly centralized everything?

Benin was capital when we were in charge of our resources instead of depending on FG.

Following Nigeria's independence from British rule in 1960, Benin City became the capital of
Mid-Western Region when the region was split from Western Region in June 1963; it remained the capital of the region when the region was renamed Bendel State in 1976, and became the state capital of Ẹdo State when Bendel was split into Delta and Edo states in 1991.

Benin should be competing with Lagos and Abuja in Nigeria but instead they are do worst than newly created cities

please shut the Bleep up. You said Benin city should be competing with Lagos and Abuja forgetting they were the capital of the entire country..

It's delta state that supposed to compete with Lagos because they've port, huge oil and everything they need to succeed
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Igwe35:
OP must be a Benin man, cos from the look of things,he took time to take really good pictures of Benin, and rolled out 'anyhow' pictures of Asaba.

In my personal opinion, Asaba is way more beautiful than Benin.

Thank God it's your opinion. But anyone who has visited and lived in both cities know which is more beautiful.
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Newboss(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
donbachi:
How many foreign investors dis fine structures don attract?make una stop all dis comparism things..every state get their own uniqueness.

The way Nigerians shout foreign investors makes me think we don't think things through. The same Nigerians say xenophobic stuffs about foreigners in Nigeria.

By the time Nigeria starts to get just half of the percentage of immigrants countries like SA get, I bet we'd behave worse than the South Africans

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by RTSC: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Asaba is miles ahead of Benin. it's an insult to compare them.
Very few people would choose to go and live in Benin unlike asaba.
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Goke7: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Chinomonkey:

Keep quite kid...Ibadan only has brown roofs and erosion like this

All these small boys wey no dey travel
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by goaldynboy: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
Aren't you ashamed of comparing the richest state capital with Benin city?

Delta state receives 5x what Edo state received monthly, don't forget these oil companies and grants given to Delta state.

Nnpc and nddc infrastructures too in Delta state

But Benin City has been the capital of Bendel State since 1967 when it was created by Gowon! But Asaba just became capital in 1991 when Delta State was created by Babangida!

So Benin City is supposed to be more developed than Asaba!!!!
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
please shut the Bleep up. You said Benin city should be competing with Lagos and Abuja forgetting they were the capital of the entire country..

It's delta state that supposed to compete with Lagos because they've port, huge oil and everything they need to succeed

there is no way someone in his right sense will compare Delta to Edo. Delta is now ahead of the decaying Edo in everything.

apart from Benin, during the dry season..... because almost everyone own swimming pool during the rainy season...... where else in Edo is livable?

even the Benin pictures posted here are old pictures because I was in Benin recently and things are no longer as they look here

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Desto010: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Xfemt:
I've not been to asaba but I can tell u
Benin na village
d beauty of Benin is it road ln side d middle of the town

eg airport road
sakponba road
sapele road
akpakpava road link down to ikpoba hill
den apart from this major places I called d rest place na village for Benin
even d so called G.R.A na bigger village

d gud tin about Benin is d way road re inter connected to each other
but de re an eyesor

if rain fall for Benin and u wear white just troway d white cus
it black or brown already

although Benin girls de love sha
but der olosho no be here oh

if u Ve money just go to Benin
cus na Benin be d only place were hotel, ashawo quarters plenty pass school
grin
Nah Benin ashawo quarters you’re mama born you abi .
Make ogun kill you

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by RTSC: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Unibenfucker:
I schooled in uniben too.

Benin is an ancient village.

Nobody that lived in Benin will compare it with Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Chinomonkey: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Goke7:

All these small boys wey no dey travel
Only Ewedu boys like u no de travel..like u know how many times I have been to that brown slum called Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
goaldynboy:

But Benin City has been the capital of Bendel State since 1970 when it was created by Gowon! But Asaba just became capital in the 1990s when Delta State was created by Babangida!

So Benin City is supposed to be more developed than Asaba!!!!

it was not even 1970.

Benin City was the capital of
Mid-Western Region as far back as 1960 when we got Independence

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Goke7: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
tonididdy:
I'm a Benin man but trust me benin has lost its beauty gradually.
when oshiomole restored it's beauty in 08/09 then this comparison would gain weight as some of these photos are not recent.

also I hate it when people show their state beauty and be posting shop rite and restaurants... that's so wrong.

show us developments, roads, lights, night lights and night life, culture.

You are right I was in Benin late 2018 and it was an eye sore. I wonder what they say obaseki has been doing. Even the GRA is a disappointment.

I grew up in Benin in the 80s and 90s and I am shocked that most buildings I knew way back then I could easily recognized them because no improvement. No wonder oshiomole is like a god there cos the other governors including the current one are successful failures. Too bad for a city that moulded me.
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by trutht828: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
agulion:
I wonder how somebody will be under brown rusted roof and be doing analysis, local Yorub.a Muslims na wow

The pictures are about south south states. They are not about igboland. So, why are you crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lostz:

there is no way someone in his right sense will compare Delta to Edo. Delta is now ahead of the decaying Edo in everything.

apart from Benin, during the dry season..... because almost everyone own swimming pool during the rainy season...... where else in Edo is livable?

even the Benin pictures posted here are old pictures because I was in Benin recently and things are no longer as they look here
the fact is Delta shouldn't be compared to Edo state because it's one of the highest allocation receiving state in Nigeria.

Akwa ibom have the best roads and they now have their own airline.

River state has international airport and great infrastructures.

Delta state is still far behind despite receiving more allocations than those states

3 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Goke7:

You are right I was in Benin late 2018 and it was an eye sore. I wonder what they say obaseki has been doing. Even the GRA is a disappointment.

I grew up in Benin in the 80s and 90s and I am shocked that most buildings I knew way back then I could easily recognized them because no improvement. No wonder oshiomole is like a god there cos the other governors including the current one are successful failures. Too bad for a city that moulded me.
exactly why obaseki needs to go because he's not doing anything
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by RTSC: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
the fact is Delta shouldn't be compared to Edo state because it's one of the highest allocation receiving state in Nigeria.

Akwa ibom have the best roads and they now have their own airline.

River state has international airport and great infrastructures.

Delta state is still far behind despite receiving more allocations than those states
Okowa is the only decent governor delta state has had.

That is why militancy is at all time low. He brought devt to the door step of the oil producing area.

The last time I went to my maternal village in owa, I couldn't believe it.

Superb roads and a sense of development.

I will score him low on human capital devt.

Delta state can do much better
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Joemetry(m): 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
naxclimpsey:

Do you mean Afonja comparing south south States? Mofos. Playing familiarity game! Say no to Igbos biafra

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by jimyjames(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
naxclimpsey:

Do you mean Afonja comparing south south States? Mofos. Playing familiarity game! Say no to Igbos biafra
But asaba is Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. / Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.