Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem (3511 Views)

Is Nokia Better Than Transsion Phones? / No Matter What You Do, Never Use Transsion Phones: My Experience / Transsion Phones Are Cursed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2020
Note that this thread is for enlightenment only

For a couple of years now Nigeria Transsion phone users have complained about their different problems with the using of their devices the Tecno, Infinix and itel this has prompted many users to try new brands like Samsung, Lenovo, LG and the relatively new to the Nigerian Market Xiaomi

Despite popular beliefs that their smartphones are cheap, their Low-end, Mid-range and High-End devices are rather expensive when compared with devices of the same specs this also means that you can get a better Non-Transsion phone for the same amount. Visit The Nairaland Thread On This

It’s open secret that Transsion Holding has a firm grip on the Nigerian and the larger African market but they seem not to pay attention to fact that most Nigerians and Africans don’t earn as much as Europeans to get expensive phones with inferior specs
With that said, the reports of Transsion giving out false information on the camera lenses their phones most notably the Camon 15 Pro, Camon 15 and Camon 15 Premier is not true. This camera spec was achieved through pixel binning.

Since 12mp is the current ideal resolution for smart phone sensors, this spec is rather deceptive in the sense that the output image from a binned shot will be 1/4 of the Sensor i.e

The Camon 15 and it’s pro with 48mp Sensor will actually give a shot of 12mp (48/4).

Likewise the Camon 15 Premier with 64mp gives shot of 16mp

Most Smartphone companies make use of photo binning from Samsung to Tecno to Xiaomi. According to Android Authority, if a manufacturer has a phone with a 32mp, 40mp or 48mp camera with the new 64mp and 108mp, then it is using photo binning technology; Phones like the Redmi Note 7 series, Xiaomi Mi 9 and later Samsung A and S series use it

Obviously a 64mp camera will be a better selling point than a 16mp camera. This confirms beliefs that most Nigerians and Africans only care about the type of Camera, the Battery capacity and the RAM the phone has and not knowing that these specs can be deceptive (As we’ve seen with the Camon 15 and it’s varients) and they also depend on a variety of things with the most important being “The Smartphone Processor” to get the maximum out of them.

The Smartphone’s processor is the literal “Brain” of the Smartphone and no matter the amount of RAM a phone is sporting if the Processor (The Brain) cannot perform the task you require of it, it simply won’t perform it.

It would be like telling a heavily built Senior Secondary Student of 15 year old to write an Exam for a lanky University Undergraduate.

The processor, among other things; should no doubt determine how expensive a phone should be, we’ve seen it with the iPhone, Samsung, Xiaomi but that is not the case for Transsion Phones whose price is determined by the Screen Size, The Battery Capacity, Camera and RAM

Taking the Camon 15 with the Helio P22 processor retailing at N 66,600

Phones like Redmi 6, Realme C2 also have this same processor but both retail at N41,000

Camon 15 pro with Helio P35 processor retailing at N 95,000

Some phones with this Helio P35 processor sell for far less

Motorola Moto G8- N69,750
Huawei Honor Play 9A (64GB variant)- N 65,900
Vivo Y3- N66,000
Xiaomi Mi Play- N55,500

Some People argue that the After Sale Service is responsible for this high price but then again when the phone is ordered from a Country where Transsion don’t have a presence and no After Sale Service, they will still pay the normal price for the device.

After Sale Services is out of the question since you’ll still pay for phone repair

Surely Transsion have to revise the price tag they slam on their phones which is relatively a major problem unknown to most Nigerians.

17 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 10:05am On Jun 06, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by hoodedjaystrim(m): 10:29am On Jun 06, 2020
Nigerians are being ripped off of their hard earned money angry

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by TheOdd1sOut: 10:34am On Jun 06, 2020
All I know is that the ignorant always puts up resistance when they're about to be set free from their ignorance.
Watch them defending something they know nothing about.
Ask an average xiaomi user in Nigeria why Xiaomi is good, they will tell you about their good 2020 devices and how they have been good right from time.
Ask a Transsion user why Transsion is good and they will be telling you about old story of 2013.

Shows that Transsion has no new innovations

13 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by hardeycute(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2020
grin Lights out. I don't know what people at Transsion will be thinking with the recent revealing and aggressive liberation.

8 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by sagieramos(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2020
dis company thinks evry nigerians can b decieved with their flashy design but bad processor. altho i've knwn dis b4 now..
since d advent of zoom, many of my friends hv find out the shortcoming of bad processor(Theycan hardly run zoom & WPS @ d same time)

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ahmemmygrey(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2020
AyamAnonymous:
Ride on brother... Enlighten the ignoramus transsion users... Speak up and say no to Mediocrity, choose excellence angry Nigeria is not transsion dumping ground!!!!!! We need value for money,we need Redmi

see like you are the former SHUNINFINIXTECNO
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 11:14am On Jun 06, 2020
This write up is as good as that atheist & proud guy that you referenced.

Very contextual and factual. I hope spambots no ban you for those links. This is very educative, thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:
This write up is as good as that atheist & proud guy that you referenced.

Very contextual and factual. I hope spambots no ban you for those links. This is very educative, thank you.

I hope note
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Victr101(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
I can't imagine

until now no transsion phone with USB type c undecided

9 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darlinx01(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Op all u said is true....but ya wrong in d part of camon 15 premier's 64mp being true. Specsheet revealed by mediatek showed dah d helio p35 could carry max of double 13mp cameras. So i wonder aw pixel binning helps to reduce 64mp to 13mp shots. Last time i checked pixel binning combines 4px to 1. So a 48mp would be ideal, bt nt a 64mp as dat can only reduce to 16mp. No offense meant....jst wah i think

5 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by DarkJeddi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Na HD+ screen resolution dem dey sell give us for over 100K..

USB Type C no dey their agenda..

Mediatek done dump all the obsolete Helio P22 Chipset for Transsion backyard,let them dey use dey go.. angry

Very soon some J@njaweed high on CORONA will come here to yarn dust..

13 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by sunshineV(f): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wow this thread is silent.

Where are those Transsion people na?

Edoairways

I be think say you dey find posts like this. No insult or trolling. Just facts with back up of good evidence.

The more I think about, the more I dey feel say na those toxic threads with insults Una dey like.

8 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by edoairways: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:
Wow this thread is silent.

Where are those Transsion people na?

Edoairways

I be think say you dey find posts like this. No insult or trolling. Just facts with back up of good evidence.

The more I think about, the more I dey feel say na those toxic threads with insults Una dey like.
When you create nice thread you wouldn't see war

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Elslim: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
My people have started seeing the light, escape from bondage and darkness... Say no to transion products, they are ripping innocent Nigerians off....

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN smiley smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Ekemeze: 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Lekan111(m): 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Knowledge is power.
Thank you for teaching me something new

8 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darlinx01:
Op all u said is true....but ya wrong in d part of camon 15 premier's 64mp being true. Specsheet revealed by mediatek showed dah d helio p35 could carry max of double 13mp cameras. So i wonder aw pixel binning helps to reduce 64mp to 13mp shots. Last time i checked pixel binning combines 4px to 1. So a 48mp would be ideal, bt nt a 64mp as dat can only reduce to 16mp. No offense meant....jst wah i think

Any camera of 32mp or more uses Pixel binning
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
it's funny how dull these Xiaomi crooners are
Someone created an unbiased thread but these guys managed to still be shouting Redmi instead of covering their face in shame for claiming Tecno lied
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by korban3134(m): 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
sunshineV:
grin

Golden!!! grin
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:
it's funny how dull these Xiaomi crooners are
Someone created an unbiased thread but these guys managed to still be shouting Redmi instead of covering their face in shame for claiming Tecno lied

But they did.

Helio P35 only supports dual cameras. 13+13mp. The highest resolution it can take for a single camera is 25mp.

Tecno Camon 15 pro sports a 64mp camera. And not just that, it's a quad camera set up. So how does it support the extra 2 cameras. Another one too, if the 64mp is binned to 16mp, how does a 13+13 set up carry a binned 16mp?

Finally, this quote is from the mobile Indian

// The image signal processor and post-image processing also play an important role in the development of the image. A phone with a good sensor and a weak ISP will produce bad binned images. //

So far, the images from Camon 15 Premier has proved them right.

10 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:
With that said, the reports of Transsion giving out false information on the camera lenses their phones most notably the Camon 15 Pro, Camon 15 and Camon 15 Premier is not true. This camera spec was achieved through pixel binning.
Please do me a favour and visit this thread. I dealt with binning issue. https://twitter.com/HOdilli/status/1247809984810766336?s=19
So you can have a proper knowledge of the limitations accompanying binning and only two lens manufacturers have this technology.. Samsung and Sony.
The Sony 64mp image sensor is the more expensive and practical output when compared to that of Samsung.
Tecno has refused to state the lens they used, because that would give users an opportunity to channel their attention to the company for verification.
Other than @techcabal which I am on their case to verify their claims of tecno camon 15 premier having a Sony 64mp lens, no other reputable site has the image sensor used on any of the camon 15 series.

Photo binning is not even close to fixing tecno's lie. Yes photo binning is a technology that is available, but it has its limitations. So how has Tecno managed to overcome this limitation and included a binned image sensor of 64mp on an incapable chipset like mtk p35?

9 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Please do me a favour and visit this thread. I dealt with binning issue. https://twitter.com/HOdilli/status/1247809984810766336?s=19
So you can have a proper knowledge of the limitations accompanying binning and only two lens manufacturers have this technology.. Samsung and Sony.
The Sony 64mp image sensor is the more expensive and practical output when compared to that of Samsung.
Tecno has refused to state the lens they used, because that would give users an opportunity to channel their attention to the company for verification.
Other than @techcabal which I am on their case to verify their claims of tecno camon 15 premier having a Sony 64mp lens, no other reputable site has the image sensor used on any of the camon 15 series.

Photo binning is not even close to fixing tecno's lie. Yes photo binning is a technology that is available, but it has its limitations. So how has Tecno managed to overcome this limitation and included a binned image sensor of 64mp on an incapable chipset like mtk p35?

This is interesting

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

But they did.

Helio P35 only supports dual cameras. 13+13mp. The highest resolution it can take for a single camera is 25mp.

Tecno Camon 15 pro sports a 64mp camera. And not just that, it's a quad camera set up. So how does it support the extra 2 cameras. Another one too, if the 64mp is binned to 16mp, how does a 13+13 set up carry a binned 16mp?

// The image signal processor and post-image processing also play an important role in the development of the image. A phone with a good sensor and a weak ISP will produce bad binned images. //

The thing dey amaze me... How the OP came to the realization that there are no limits to pixel binning, so much so, the camon 15 premier could support a 64mp binned image sensor without malfunctioning at every camera use.
Even the case of 13mp +13mp on such a chip like mtkp35 will result in camera stopping, image sensor going dead, gallery app unable to locate the camera module and other camera related issues.

2 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
For anyone interested in this topic. Follow me on twitter.com/zesushv . I will be exposing the technology tecno used to archive this lie and be able to tell it on paper without any ounce of shame or fear that someone would Findout, come July 30th. If Tecno does not expose themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

But they did.

FALSE

You people are getting it all wrong
Someone even went as far as creating a thread on Twitter about this issue

Pixel binning DOES NOT depend on the camera specs on the the processor

The Camon 15 premier's binned 64mp from 16mp and A single camera mode of up to 25MP is supported on the Helio p35
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

please confirm the official Tecno mobile website where they clearly explained the camera

Quad Flashes
Equipped with quad flashes on the rear camera module, fearless of the dark environment, you could always take bright and clear photos.
8x Ultra Clear Photography
The first SONY lens - 64MP, even 8x to zoom in the picture after taking a shot, every details are perfectly captured and shown. The clearness of the whole picture has upgraded by 68%. Click the shooting to capture beautiful view and unforgettable memories, you will find that every details are displayed purely and clearly.
The four pixels were combined into a 1.6 micron megapixel to create high-quality night shots. The large 1/2” sensor captures more light at night, producing a photo that is brighter and with less noise.
With brand new CAMON 15 Premier, capture more details both at daytime and night. See magic happen

https://www.tecno-mobile.com/phones/product-detail/product/camon-15-premier/#

cc Darthvader93
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by skywalker240(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nice writeup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Stop Someone From Adding You To An Unknown Whatsapp Group / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Unboxing And First Impression / Reason I'm In Love With My Samsung S22 Ultra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.