Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem (3545 Views)

Is Nokia Better Than Transsion Phones? / No Matter What You Do, Never Use Transsion Phones: My Experience / Transsion Phones Are Cursed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Lmfao is that what you're at?

I'm sure from the write up you would have known the omittion was a mistake which has been corrected

Your screenshot clearly proves that so don't even take that path
Good. So you agree they are not the same device?
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

Checked: Agreed, GSM Arena does talk about sensors but Kimovil does. I could not find Tecno Camon 15 Pro on their site.

I don't have the evidence to disprove you sir so I rest my case. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

No discussion we dey, no be war.

Thanks for this as there is no shame in admitting you're wrong

I wish the other guy can do the same

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Good. So you agree they are not the same device?

Kindly check the initial post to see that the mistake has been corrected and stop deviating from the point
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Isn't that what you all wanted? for them to explain the 64mp
They edited the website to explain this
You can check my twitter thread. I am after the camon 15 pro 48mp... But now, I am on the camon 15 premier 64mp.
Tecno may have shot themselves on the foot with the Sony claims. But if Sony confirms that they indeed sold their lens to Tecno for the camon 15 premier.
Samsung will have the last laugh with the redmi note 9 pro max and realme 6 pro.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Kindly check the initial post to see that the mistake has been corrected and stop deviating from the point
Deviate? you made a statistical error... I asked for you to correct it so we can move on, you think me to deviate on the topic?
Why would I do something so dumb and downgrading? To appreciate your unverified claims which sprung up from a site with rumors?

You are dealing with a pro here, not some amateur kid with a phone that can type.
I verify every detail and information. I don't take things as they seem.. Don't mistake me for some deluded Transission worshipper... I am the one person you can't lie to.

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Kindly
If you want an apology from me... Be patient. It may or may not come. It took a multimillion company like Tecno 2 months to know what they used on their flagship device, and till date they are still trying to findout who manufactured the lens of the Tecno camon 15 pro... Give me a break, we are many but our resources are limited. I will get you an apology: but be sure it will be coming from Tecno.

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Thanks for this as there is no shame in admitting you're wrong

I wish the other guy can do the same

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

I didn't say I was wrong lol

I said I didn't have the evidence to prove you wrong. I don too old for these things abeg. Shalaye all you want but no twist my words. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

If you want an apology from me... Be patient. It may or may not come. It took a multimillion company like Tecno 2 months to know what they used on their flagship device, and till date they are still trying to findout who manufactured the lens of the Tecno camon 15 pro... Give me a break, we are many but our resources are limited. I will get you an apology: but be sure it will be coming from Tecno.

Stop editing my posts pls

it is deceptive and isn't that what we're trying to clear here?
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

You can check my twitter thread. I am after the camon 15 pro 48mp... But now, I am on the camon 15 premier 64mp.
Tecno may have shot themselves on the foot with the Sony claims. But if Sony confirms that they indeed sold their lens to Tecno for the camon 15 premier.
Samsung will have the last laugh with the redmi note 9 pro max and realme 6 pro.

I already schooled you there on Twitter and you said you would get back to me, I'm still waiting
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

I said I didn't have the evidence to prove you wrong. I don too old for these things abeg. Shalaye all you want but no twist my words. Thank you.

if you don't have evidence what exactly is the basis of your argument?

Surely you're not just arguing blindly
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

I trust you won't beat around the bush with this question

What camera does the redmi Note 7 use pls?

I'm using freemode wink
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

if you don't have evidence what exactly is the basis of your argument?

Surely you're not just arguing blindly

The crux of your argument is that Tecno uses Sony IMX sensors 64mp. I asked which one, you said IMX 686 and you presented a site that wasn't well known to back it up.

I know Transsion. I know them well. If they used a Sony sensor, it would be part of the advertisement. Them for use am shine everywhere. But they didn't. In fact, what they did on their website is a revision. They edited the site.

Now ask yourself, would you use a Sony IMX and hide that fact away from the public?

The Redmi Note 7 uses a Samsung GM1 ISOCELL.

I have checked Sony's site as well but cannot see anything about Tecno there. So I decided to rest my case. I no dey sentimental guy. I deal with facts. If I no get facts, I rest. Them no dey pay me. Na learn I dey.

Just don't get it twisted.

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

The crux of your argument is that Tecno uses Sony IMX sensors 64mp. I asked which one, you said IMX 686 and you presented a site that wasn't well known to back it up.

I know Transsion. I know them well. If they used a Sony sensor, it would be part of the advertisement. Them for use am shine everywhere. But they didn't. In fact, what they did on their website is a revision. They edited the site.

Now ask yourself, would you use a Sony IMX and hide that fact away from the public?

I have checked Sony's site as well but cannot see anything about Tecno there. So I decided to rest my case. I no dey sentimental guy. I deal with facts. If I no get facts, I rest. Them no dey pay me. Na learn I dey.

lols can you at least give me the source to the bolded

while you're at it you can also help with the camera of the redmi note 7
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

lols can you at least give me the source to the bolded

while you're at it you can also help with the camera of the redmi note 7

Like I said, I deal with facts

https ://en .m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Samsung_CMOS

Go through the list

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
I have added a screenshot
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

Like I said, I deal with facts

https ://en .m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Samsung_CMOS

Go through the list

Perfecto!

Your facts be damned!

The Snapdragon 660 of the Redmi Note 7 CANNOT have a 48mp camera according to the processor makers

But then again this was achieved by photo binning as you clearly shared in your screenshot of the lenses
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

Perfecto!

Your facts be damned!

The Snapdragon 660 of the Redmi Note 7 CANNOT have a 48mp camera according to the processor makers

But then again this was achieved by photo binning as you clearly shared in your screenshot of the lenses

Be careful with your language, na beg I dey

https: //en .wikichip. org/ wiki/qualcomm/snapdragon_600/660

The GM1 from what I understand is a binned 12mp which is well within the 16mp limit.

It also has support for a single 48mp mode.

What are you arguing about now?

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

I already schooled you there on Twitter and you said you would get back to me, I'm still waiting
You are so interested on who tops who, you sound alien to me with your comprehension of the current issue at hand. So let me try to explain how it is to you.

Tecno says the camon 15 pro has a 48mp camera on an mtk p35, which is literally impossible for obvious reasons.
You have succeeded in bringing to my attention that the Tecno camon 15 premier uses a binning image sensor from Sony.
Backing your claims up with the specification coming from Tecno's official site. An information that wasn't there in the official site before.

I do not trust this information, I thank technology for communication. I have means at my disposal to findout if Tecno's claim that the lens on the camon 15 premier was made by Sony is true.
[you must understand contacting Sony won't be an easy job, and if its actually a false claim by Tecno, Sony will be suing Tecno for falsifying proprietary claims in an attempt to defraud the public and an obvious attempt to tarnish the credibility of The Sony branding]

You schooled me on twitter by bringing an information to my attention which was already on the tweet you were commenting under... It's either you have misunderstood the word "schooled" or you are hearing it for the first time, so out of unnecessary and unwarranted excitement, you continue to splatter it at any opportunity even when it's uncalled for..

You waiting for me is very important in this matter, because I waited for Tecno for 2 months.
So be patient dear teacher.... Your reward is near.

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

I guess Tecno was too ashamed to acknowledge they used an image sensor only found on flagship devices from Oneplus, Oppo, Vivo, Lenovo, Motorola and Sony. They forgot to mention it throughout their advertising and propagating of the camon 15 premier, only to ignore the disgusted feeling, to post that information at their convenient time now...

It's obvious one of us in this current argument isn't using his brain for reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

Be careful with your language, na beg I dey

https: //en .wikichip. org/ wiki/qualcomm/snapdragon_600/660

The GM1 from what I understand is a binned 12mp which is well within the 16mp limit.

It also has support for a single 48mp mode.

What are you arguing about now?

You were arguing that the Helio p35 cannot have a 64mp and I told you it is possible with photo binning but you didn't agree

the SD660 cannot have 48mp but it is possible through photo binning
You agreed to this

Why do you believe one over the other?

Double Standards lmfao

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I guess Tecno was too ashamed to acknowledge they used an image sensor only found on flagship devices from Oneplus, Oppo, Vivo, Lenovo, Motorola and Sony. They forgot to mention it throughout their advertising and propagating of the camon 15 premier, only to ignore the disgusted feeling, to post that information at their convenient time now...

It's obvious one of us in this current argument isn't using his brain for reasoning.

First rule of converse

"When one of the person involved resort to insulting, they are losing"

Kindly show me any smartphone sensor advertising for the OnePlus

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Wraith090: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

You are so interested on who tops who, you sound alien to me with your comprehension of the current issue at hand. So let me try to explain how it is to you.

Tecno says the camon 15 pro has a 48mp camera on an mtk p35, which is literally impossible for obvious reasons.
You have succeeded in bringing to my attention that the Tecno camon 15 premier uses a binning image sensor from Sony.
Backing your claims up with the specification coming from Tecno's official site. An information that wasn't there in the official site before.

I do not trust this information, I thank technology for communication. I have means at my disposal to findout if Tecno's claim that the lens on the camon 15 premier was made by Sony is true.
[you must understand contacting Sony won't be an easy job, and if its actually a false claim by Tecno, Sony will be suing Tecno for falsifying proprietary claims in an attempt to defraud the public and an obvious attempt to tarnish the credibility of The Sony branding]

You schooled me on twitter by bringing an information to my attention which was already on the tweet you were commenting under... It's either you have misunderstood the word "schooled" or you are hearing it for the first time, so out of unnecessary and unwarranted excitement, you continue to splatter it at any opportunity even when it's uncalled for..

You waiting for me is very important in this matter, because I waited for Tecno for 2 months.
So be patient dear teacher.... Your reward is near.

As long as you don't have any point to counter my claims, you're WRONG until you change my mind with the information you claim to be expecting

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

You were arguing that the Helio p35 cannot have a 64mp and I told you it is possible with photo binning but you didn't agree

the SD660 cannot have 48mp but it is possible through photo binning
You agreed to this

Why do you believe one over the other?

Double Standards lmfao

You don't even know what you are arguing. You're all over the place. Information passed across na zero. You're just desperate to be right.

I don show you specs when I wan show. Anyone when see am go read am.

I have agreed with you on the binning a long time ago. My angst was the use of the Sony IMX 686. You instead switched to SD 660 and accused me of double standards.

You have no argument because you don't even know what you're arguing about.

I understand now.

There's no war. It's people like you who drum unnecessary sentiments. Someone with less patience would have replied you with an insult back. But I'm too old for that.

Finally: An open question to everyone. When Infinix use the G70, them sample am everywhere. Now would it make sense to for Tecno to use a Sony IMX 686 and forget to include it in the spec sheet? A premium sensor like that.

Please answer @ all.

This oga is not interested in honest discourse, just goalpost shifting. I don't discuss with people like you. Na argument when go turn insult you dey find. Well done. Odabo.

4 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

He's dishonest. I no dey reply am again. He's refused to answer my questions and has resorted to insults. He has called you an unrepentant liar and accused me of double standards. These are what turn threads toxic. Funnily enough, we're not part of the Xiaomi crew sef. grin grin grin

Later them go Xiaomi people attack them.

I taya.

3 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wraith090:

As long as you don't have any point to counter my claims, you're WRONG until you change my mind with the information you claim to be expecting
Alright I have heard you. And I am not interested in changing your mind. My job is to present to you and the general public with the truth regarding this issue. Whether your mind changes or not is solely your responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Alright I have heard you. And I am not interested in changing your mind. My job is to present to you and the general public with the truth regarding this issue. Whether your mind changes or not is solely your responsibility.

End of story.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Darthvader93:

You don't even know what you are arguing. You're all over the place. Information passed across na zero. You're just desperate to be right.

I don show you specs when I wan show. Anyone when see am go read am.

I have agreed with you on the binning a long time ago. My angst was the use of the Sony IMX 686. You instead switched to SD 660 and accused me of double standards.

You have no argument because you don't even know what you're arguing about.

I understand now.

There's no war. It's people like you who drum unnecessary sentiments. Someone with less patience would have replied you with an insult back. But I'm too old for that.

Finally: An open question to everyone. When Infinix use the G70, them sample am everywhere. Now would it make sense to for Tecno to use a Sony IMX 686 and forget to include it in the spec sheet? A premium sensor like that.

Please answer @ all.

This oga is not interested in honest discourse, just goalpost shifting. I don't discuss with people like you. Na argument when go turn insult you dey find. Well done. Odabo.
Yeah Tecno employed the services of Sony for an imx686 image sensor that is as complex and demanding technologically with the help of binning to archive a 64mp output image reproduction, but fail to mention it for the past 4 months.
Yet I am the one who should apologise?
I am the one who has been schooled because a technology that is as old as the android system and discuss on the tweet I was schooled on called binning was mentioned yesterday? ...
I know how important it is for someone to be right. But to lay bay the intelligence of someone just to feel important is all forms of wrong.

I am really angry right now, I want to mention the dubious manipulative means Tecno used in archiving the 48mp on the camon 15mp pro.... But I won't yet.... Let me hear from Sony first.

By the way... Running a search to see if I will find a transcript or statement from Sony official website as regards to this transaction between Sony and Tecno.

So far. None... But hey... Na the matter we dey.

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
I understand perfectly all Wraith090 is saying I don't know how you two don't get it, Tecno did not lie here

His Explanation and Arguments are well detailed and backed up

I've personally not seen any phone marketer openly advertising their sensor makers so I don't expect Tecno to do the same

But then again oga Wraith090 all we're asking is value for our money

1 Like

Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by hardeycute(m): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:
I understand perfectly all Wraith090 is saying I don't know how you two don't get it, Tecno did not lie here

His Explanation and Arguments are well detailed and backed up

I've personally not seen any phone marketer openly advertising their sensor makers so I don't expect Tecno to do the same

But then again oga Wraith090 all we're asking is value for our money
Transsion is not your regular OEM, if truly they used the Sony IMX686, their marketing strategy would have compromised of that. Transsion that always fail to publicize when they use Helio A22 and P22 but did you see what they did when it was G70 or during the SD636 usage?
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Edopesin: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
hardeycute:
Transsion is not your regular OEM, if truly they used the Sony IMX686, their marketing strategy would have compromised of that. Transsion that always fail to publicize when they use Helio A22 and P22 but did you see what they did when it was G70 or during the SD636 usage?

But the unreleased Redmi 9 series processors are also being advertised na

I feel we're biased on this one
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by Darthvader93: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
hardeycute:

God bless you.

They have several paid posts on Nairaland advertising TAIVOS night camera. No be joke brotherly. If them fit advertise night camera, na almighty premium Imx 686 them no go advertise? I no understand sef.
Re: Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem by hardeycute(m): 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Edopesin:

But the unreleased Redmi 9 series processors are also being advertised na

I feel we're biased on this one
You failed to understand my point. I'm not against advertising chipset, have you seen Transsion advertising the likes of outdated and mediocre chipset in their overpriced phones? Will Xiaomi advertise Helio P22 in a $200 priced phone as the main "what to look out for"?.

When Transsion joined the Android one program, everyone heard about it so I don't believe that if Transsion had used the said Sony sensor, it would have been overlooked in their advertisements.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need A Good Powerbank Product / Xiaomi Launches World's First Mass-produced Transparent TV / Do You Remember This App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.