Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (44363 Views)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Man Buys His Daughter N35m BMW, A Job, An Apartment For Graduating At 23(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by iCauseTrouble: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
angry
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Celestinenwankw(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
Not bad
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Jaysolu(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
Sister if you like it then do it

check out the link in my signature.. get paid for watching long YouTube vids.. registration is free.. no strings attached
I have no reason to scam you
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by simplepee(f): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
No.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Mobree: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
Acidosis:

For a girl that sees nothing wrong with sleeping with a total stranger because she's hot? Well, I won't encourage you to stay alone.

Mheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed ohhhhhhhh!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by horpeyvictor: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=Michelle55 post=90367199]There's absolutely nothing wrong in staying alone.. Just be mindful of the kinda company you keep and exercise self-control at all times.
You can't please everyone dear, just live your best life and be true to yourself!
No one has the monopoly to your happiness.. If staying alone gives you the peace of mind you deserve as human, then go for it.[/q
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by rightchic(f): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
There is nothing wrong staying alone dear, but I will advice you kind of attach yourself to a responsible and mature family either the landlady or any co-tenant that your spirit is free with they will help keep you in check. Mind you, you should have your own room, but check up on them once in a while. I just want you to have the feeling of a family. Family is not only related by blood. Just be good and everything will work together for your good. All the best dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by slowice(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
There's absolutely nothing wrong with staying alone at 23 unless from security point of view... Knowing what world we live in one has to be careful.... Especially young females

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Dear OP,

You aren’t wrong with your decision staying alone.
There is nothing wrong with staying alone, though it makes you vulnerable as a young lady.

It is actually the situation of things that makes it seem bad for a lady of your age deciding to stay alone. In saner clime, though there aren’t saner clime but saner people, at age 18, you should have left home to be on your own.

If you are happy staying alone, continue living alone. You can as well look for a partner to live with you to share the burden of house rent and relieve your loneliness.

My advice to you is that, never tell any man you don’t trust so much that you live alone, men actually love preying on young girls living alone due to their vulnerability

Very correct.

I lived alone in 200level in school. I always made sure any guy I was close to never knew my house. Before they will plan and come and rape me.

8 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Ishitinyourlife: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
You have a bright future ahead of you if you keep staying alone, don't ask me how I know.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by womenareapes: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

Your humble opinion is needed, thanks
I don't like giving women advise because I hate Naija women.

in your own case I will bend my principle small just to give you a tip of advise.

you women are the downfall of your own problem.

at this age you are still taken advise from bunch of useless women in your street undecided

learn no to give a fvck.

@USELESS NAIJA WOMEN

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by pstar234(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,
I'm not really someone who listens to what people say but I just want to share this so that y'all can air your views.

I'm a young girl, 23 and an orphan, dropped out of school and came to Lagos to make ends meet. When I first came to Lagos, I stayed with a married female cousin of mine, along the line, the husband started making advances to me which I politely declined. He got angry and told his wife to throw me out of the house, and yes she did.

I was thrown out of the house without anywhere to go and as someone who has survived losing both parents at such a young age, I literally lived and survived in the streets. Did all sorts of menial jobs, hawked purewater, soft drinks, worked in a bar and all that before I finally got an apartment.

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

I really don't understand all these talks, like despite all I've been through, isn't staying alone the best option? Or is there something wrong with staying alone as a single young lady?

is better like that so that u will keep focusing about ur future.....some guys can cause distraction
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Brooke60(f): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
Stop telling them you leave alone. There is nothing wrong at all with staying alone. Im older than you but I stay alone in the apartment I paid for with my hard earned money. Ignore them and continue to make life easier for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

staying alone isn’t a bad ideal if u can afford the bills. It will save u from unnecessary embarrassment. .. u can do it , the people telling u not to stay alone won’t help u when u need them , all they will do is listen to ur sad story and do nothing . Do shit that makes u happy and don’t live the life of pleasing people else u will suffer I swear down .

2 Likes

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by idonhammer: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
Very bad idea if you ask me, e go make you fuu.ck Taya.

1 Share

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by ElonMosque(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
angry

check her other thread grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by bluefilm: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
[s]Hello Nls,

Your humble opinion is needed, thanks[/s]

This question is not necessary.

You already know the answer.

Even if na ashawo work you dey do; e no kwansign anybody. shocked
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by ElonMosque(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
womenareapes:
I don't like giving women advise because I hate Naija women

grin grin grin you go dey alright las las

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by SexytorresE(f): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thanks
CsRockefeller:
Lol. You are still bothered about what people say in this 2020?

My dear, give no f**k as long as you live a responsible life.

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by bayotwice(f): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Catabolism(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

The story isn't quite necessary but when I get talking with people and I tell them that I stay alone, next thing I'll hear is "you're too young to stay alone... it's not a good idea...blah blah blah. Some older woman even told me to go back to my cousin's house and beg them so I can continue
staying with them, another told me that it's better I stay with my boyfriend than staying alone.

Just take note of these rules:
1.Don't allow males visit you at home
2.Have a very close female friend who you can rely on in case of emergency
3.If you are the church type try to have at least one trusted female member who will look out for you if you are not available due to any unforeseen
4.Be very friendly but firm with your neighbours.Don't ever allow a male neighbour spend the night in your room
5.Always make sure your apartment is safe and secure
6.Avoid keeping late nights.
7.Keep to rules 1-6

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by taibat61(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
This thread is another useless one

Lots of undergraduate in tertiary Institutions below 22 live alone. Ur upbringing and environment will influence your way of life. Just embrace a good character and be good to in the society. Cheers
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by mekstaniac(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Age should have nothing to do with one staying alone. As long a you can afford to, please proceed. 23 is quite okd enough to be responsible
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by flokii: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
I feel it has to do with maturity which isn't a function of age.. if you have no issues staying alone, why listen to people.

I know young girls who stay alone in their aparrments and are doing just fine. Don't let anyone confuse you biko.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by sowilli: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
You are an orphan, it’s understandable but you should be looking to get married soon anyways. Two are better than one

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by humilitypays(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

it is not a bad idea but it will affect your chances of getting a reasonable suitor.

People may come here to talk bla bla bla of how the world has become civilised but they forgot that societies and nations are shaped by their cultural, religious beliefs and norms and Nigeria is not London nor New York, neither is Nigeria Paris, Nigeria will remain an African nation shaped by its societal norms, beliefs and tradition.

So if you want to survive in Nigeria, follow the tradition, but don't go back to your cousin, find a trusted relative you can bring to live with you or convince to live with.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Karleb(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
What about 18 yr old student that stay alone in higher institution?
undecided

Stop listening to everybody.

1 Like

Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by akpota(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
AmIaYahooGirl:
Hello Nls,

dear sis. You are not too young to have your own apartment. As long as you can afford it, no problem. It will enable you to be financially independant. You can reach me via a dm if u need more advise.
Re: Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? by javaRookie: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Okay

Are you looking for a professional and eye catching book cover that can grab the attention of amazon buyers in 3 seconds?
Look no further!
You will get a professional cover design for any niche of choice.
These designs are designed down to reflect the niche of the book at its best.
WhatsApp at o8027572688 for samples.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.